Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,166 members, 7,884,070 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 11:16 PM

Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test (26411 Views)

Toke Makinwa Dressed In Tissue Paper / Best Products For Your Skin Type. / Skin Type And Creams And Soap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Egbagirl(f): 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
baby_123:

Thats not good, its very dangerous. Even Juice is not good enough at all. You need to drink far more water than juice, because of the sugar and additives. The body is made up of 60-70% of water. So you have to replenish it with clean water, otherwise it will malfunction. Just like using an engine without oil.

Gotchu!! Thanks!
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by baby124: 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
Gboliwe:
i cant even remember when last I drank a glass of water. Tell me please, how many glasses make a satchet of pure water? I take an average of 6satchets daily.

Satchet is maybe 11/2 or 2 8oz cups. So that is like 9 - 12 8oz glasses. Is the water clean though? Do you use makeup? A lot? I am saying this because my skin changed to oily at some point. Consistently hydrating it and flushing out toxins brought it back under control. Also watch what you eat with oils, and your face cream. You are better off using a tiny bit of shea butter. Very small, than all these "creams"
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Ariyke: 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
kandiikane: Oh lawd, I don't need this test because I can use the oil on my face to cream my body.
same with me
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Gboliwe: 7:51pm On Jun 27, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

I have combination skin.....so this might help you

I use African black soap....not dudu Osun o....http://www.amazon.com/African-Black-Soap-Bar-Ounces/dp/B000XLWZGI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1372356466&sr=8-5&keywords=African+black+soap

It absorbs the oil...... Then I use m Body shop Matiffying day creme. Try to use a facial moisturizer with little to no oil.

Use the apple cider /water 1:1 mixture toner. Also helps to absorb the oil.

If you can get a witch hazel toner, that would be wonderful. I stopped using it cuz I wanted to go natural with the products I buy. wink

Like I said before, use the toner to dab your face throughout the day.
apple cider? Never heard of that? Does it have another name? Witch hazel toner, I hope I see that too.
Thank you
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Gboliwe: 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

I have combination skin.....so this might help you

I use African black soap....not dudu Osun o....http://www.amazon.com/African-Black-Soap-Bar-Ounces/dp/B000XLWZGI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1372356466&sr=8-5&keywords=African+black+soap

It absorbs the oil...... Then I use m Body shop Matiffying day creme. Try to use a facial moisturizer with little to no oil.

Use the apple cider /water 1:1 mixture toner. Also helps to absorb the oil.

If you can get a witch hazel toner, that would be wonderful. I stopped using it cuz I wanted to go natural with the products I buy. wink

Like I said before, use the toner to dab your face throughout the day.
apple cider? Never heard of that? Does it have another name? Witch hazel toner, I hope I see that too.
Thank you
baby_123:

Satchet is maybe 11/2 or 2 8oz cups. So that is like 9 - 12 8oz glasses. Is the water clean though? Do you use makeup? A lot? I am saying this because my skin changed to oily at some point. Consistently hydrating it and flushing out toxins brought it back under control. Also watch what you eat with oils, and your face cream. You are better off using a tiny bit of shea butter. Very small, than all these "creams"
i dont wear heavy makeup. Eye shadow, liner and lipgloss and i'm good. I started using a face foundation though. It hasnt improved my oily skin sha.
In essence, I drink enough water abi?
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by baby124: 7:59pm On Jun 27, 2013
Gboliwe: apple cider? Never heard of that? Does it have another name? Witch hazel toner, I hope I see that too.
Thank you
i dont wear heavy makeup. Eye shadow, liner and lipgloss and i'm good. I started using a face foundation though. It hasnt improved my oily skin sha.
In essence, I drink enough water abi?

Yea, you drink enough. Though i could be wrong. Especially if it is 1cup of water that equals 1 satchet. However, drinking too much water is bad too. So it has to be between 8-10 8oz glasses so you dont lose electrolytes. Just like life, too much of everything is bad.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by yimidee(f): 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2013
baby_123:
Lmfao, please don't use ororo in the Nigerian sun. You will fry like dodo. You can put it on your face, and steam your face. That is called an oil cleanse. Steam it by boiling water, putting the hot water in a plastic bowl. Placing the bowl on a safe surface or in your sink. And then putting towel over your head while moving closer to the steam of the bowl. Your face will steam, clense and be softer. For general body dryness, drink water and use shea butter. Never use ororo on your skin as everyday lotion please. I use shea butter for my oil cleans, but olive oil is good too.

Lmao was actualli refering to olive oil in a glass bottle nt d oil in d plastic bottle dats just vegetable oil grin am in d north east at d moment shea butter is nt an option in dis heat
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by baby124: 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
yimidee: .

Lmao was actualli refering to olive oil in a glass bottle nt d oil in d plastic bottle dats just vegetable oil grin am in d north east at d moment shea butter is nt an option in dis heat

Shea butter is better than olive oil as a lotion. And shea butter absorbs faster but keeps the body moisturized. They even claim it has little sunscreen, see the wonders we are blessed with. wink. Though not enough strength for adequate sunscreen. Using olive oil, which is still oil however, i dont think so sha. I prefer it mixed with other things. grin

1 Like

Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by yimidee(f): 8:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
baby_123:

Shea butter is better than olive oil as a lotion. And shea butter absorbs faster but keeps the body moisturized. They even claim it has little sunscreen, see the wonders we are blessed with. wink. Though not enough strength for adequate sunscreen. Using olive oil, which is still oil however, i dont think so sha. I prefer it mixed with other things. grin

I sweat a lot, so shea butter in dis heat is a very bad combination 4 me
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Egbagirl(f): 8:34pm On Jun 27, 2013
yimidee:

Yea dont dig Shea butter I'm that naija heat! My skin was just shining like no mans biz! And I felt really sticky.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by baby124: 8:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
Egba girl:

Yea dont dig Shea butter I'm that naija heat! My skin was just shining like no mans biz! And I felt really sticky.
yimidee:

Shea butter absorbs into my skin very fast. And i did have dry skin, my body has different situations. Face combination, legs dry, especially when i slack on water. I wonder what quantities you guys use. I use a moderate amount, work it between my hands and spread it all over my body. I dont have these issues. But we are all different. I know it is hard to get authentic products in Nigeria. That is why shea butter is a default alternative. Mixing your lotion with baby oil is also good. But can you get authentic baby oil
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Egbagirl(f): 9:03pm On Jun 27, 2013
baby_123:

Shea butter absorbs into my skin very fast. And i did have dry skin, my body has different situations. Face combination, legs dry, especially when i slack on water. I wonder what quantities you guys use. I use a moderate amount, work it between my hands and spread it all over my body. I dont have these issues. But we are all different. I know it is hard to get authentic products in Nigeria. That is why shea butter is a default alternative. Mixing your lotion with baby oil is also good. But can you get authentic baby oil

I use a moderate amount as well but it doesn't absorb into my skin like that and it's really thick. I stick to using it in my hair unless it's harmattan and winter. Guess it's our skin types tho. But I absolutely love Shea butter and original coconut oil
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Broker23(m): 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2013
lepasharon: I have dry skin sad..even with cream it still looks dry
try vaseline lotion
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by OMOSOFEF: 10:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
Different skin types require different methods of care
Your may fall into any of the underlisted categories.

OILY SKIN.
The glands producing oil (the sebaceous glands) are large and active.

The skin spores are also large giving the face a rough look

these spores can get clogged with dirt and become infected causing pustules, pimples, furunculosis and the like
I
t
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by donem: 11:35pm On Jun 27, 2013
This thread is 90% feminine, passing over to the next thread.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by anneduke: 12:40am On Jun 28, 2013
@ egba girl, use clearasil oil free daily face wash and the lotion.
@ lexjoy, i do not know where you can find apine natural body lotion but i do know where you can get lovely face and body cream. for your pimples, use refining face wash and BB cream ( a brand of total body nurture).

visit http://www.facebook.com/nigerianbeautyworld for more tips.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by commynikky: 5:37am On Jun 28, 2013
I advice ppl to use FM products (Fedirico Mahora)we hv answers to all ur worries, for all skin type n product made frm the most natural plants. I hv oily n highly senistive skin but since i started using dis product, u cn send mail to nike.comfort@yahoo.com for more info
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by babsthegreat: 6:58am On Jun 28, 2013
Gboliwe: I have very oily skin. Any advice for me please?
rob a lot of vaseline. Then put powder on it that's all
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by tishat(f): 7:23am On Jun 28, 2013
I used to blot my face a lot to rid it of oil till a
Friend introduced a
Bodyshop product called Tea tree skin clearing lotion.
Apply it on the face b4 makeup and say goodbye to oil for ova 8hrs.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by ATMCARD2(m): 8:22am On Jun 28, 2013
lexyjoy: good day! dis is my 1st time though i v bn readn ur comments on skin. i v an oily skin and a chocolate skin. all the creams that i v used, it is either they make me darker or lighter. i got tired and ever since dis yr i v not been applyn any cream cos am still lookn 4 d cream to use. pls can u help me on it. i need a lotion with natural ingredients. i v made research on some lotions and i wz able to get these ones like Alpine Naturals (Orchids and silk souffle) and their likes but i dont knw wer i can get it. pls i need ur advice
.Try NEXT Shopping Mall.I tink i saw d cream dr,during ma last visit.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by ATMCARD2(m): 8:26am On Jun 28, 2013
commynikky: I advice ppl to use FM products (Fedirico Mahora)we hv answers to all ur worries, for all skin type n product made frm the most natural plants. I hv oily n highly senistive skin but since i started using dis product, u cn send mail to nike.comfort@yahoo.com for more info
.Ma frnd,we r nt here 4 marketing.Drop ur cmmt n go.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by IKO1(m): 11:39am On Jun 28, 2013
i hv an oilly skill, i hav pimples in my face and i hv use alot of differents things stil no inprovement, please i ned ur advice.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
What is the best cream for my skin?

I'm naturally fair in complexion and have an oily skin but I don't know the appropriate cream to use for my type of skin. I have tried many creams but they all seem not to be the right ones. Some bleached me and I had to stop. Some made parts of my skin lighter while some parts dark. I got tired and I resorted to using Pears but my face, neck and some parts of my arms become dark while my body is light.
Please, what kind of cream will I use that will maintain my complexion and reduce the oil on my face?
COSMETOLOGISTS AND EXPERTS, I NEED YOUR ADVICE PLS
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by ekandy(f): 5:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
[quote author=Gbpls a ve a problem, I don't y many times when am tru with bath without rubin any cream .they wil be white spot on my faces. Maybe like 5 to 6 hours later oil wil feel my face. Pls what can I do 2 stop it.??k??
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by jeomegso: 5:55pm On Jun 28, 2013
lexyjoy: good day! dis is my 1st time though i v bn readn ur comments on skin. i v an oily skin and a chocolate skin. all the creams that i v used, it is either they make me darker or lighter. i got tired and ever since dis yr i v not been applyn any cream cos am still lookn 4 d cream to use. pls can u help me on it. i need a lotion with natural ingredients. i v made research on some lotions and i wz able to get these ones like Alpine Naturals (Orchids and silk souffle) and their likes but i dont knw wer i can get it. pls i need ur advice

use goya olive oil in d breakable bottle. use Johnson's healthy skin fair complexion day cream for face. its oil free n absorbs totally plus it hs a mild sunscreen spf15. pure olive oil is just perfect for body.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by nairaman66(m): 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2013
Lilimax:
Nah, It's meant for guys as well; those that takes care of their skin smiley

shocked
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by 2fishes(m): 8:21am On Jun 29, 2013
What about having a groundnut oil skin, how can it be controlled
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by aquaprin90: 6:12am On Jul 01, 2013
Even I also have oily skin and to control that oil, I wash my face at least 3-4 times a day and uses tissues to swipe off the excess oil throughout the day and drink plenty of water...smiley
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 07, 2013
For women with oily or combination skin you should buy milk of magnesia, it's a laxative sold in almost any drugstore it really controls the sebum production. You apply it after your moisturizer and before your foundation if you use some...
Also it's very important to moisturize you skin even if you have an oily one...If you don't your skin is gonna produce much more sebum to palliate the lack of moisture, and your face will be oilier . Just use an oil free moisturizer and a mattifying setting powder to control the oiliness
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 07, 2013
koastar: What is the best cream for my skin?

I'm naturally fair in complexion and have an oily skin but I don't know the appropriate cream to use for my type of skin. I have tried many creams but they all seem not to be the right ones. Some bleached me and I had to stop. Some made parts of my skin lighter while some parts dark. I got tired and I resorted to using Pears but my face, neck and some parts of my arms become dark while my body is light.
Please, what kind of cream will I use that will maintain my complexion and reduce the oil on my face?
COSMETOLOGISTS AND EXPERTS, I NEED YOUR ADVICE PLS
shocked shocked Are you female ? I think you should use a lotion with sunscreen during the day , it's the uv rays that make exposed parts of your body darker than the rest of your body..You shoud also exfoliate you face once a week and try the milk of magnesia all over your face.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Caleb7: 4:32pm On Aug 01, 2013
baby_123:

We sell purified sheabutter in Abuja, to if u need;;;;;;;;;;www.sheattraction.com
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Caleb7: 4:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
...And again sheabutter has not effect on weather n climate,it works all round, for detail reading visit www.sheattraction.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Men's Native - Trending Design / Lightening Products / Onyinye Obiora-Okoye Wins Mrs Accolade Nigeria, Maiden Edition (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.