Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,210 members, 7,963,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 01:19 AM

Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? (10486 Views)

Boko Haram Planning To Bomb South-west – NOA Raises Alarm / "..I Didn't Say I'll Bomb Nigeria; I'll Destroy It Completely" - Nnamdi Kanu / MEND To Bomb Nigeria - Chevron Tank Farm in Escravos On October 1st! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Harus(m): 10:02pm On May 13, 2008
NAIJA!

Do not panic any more.
It was a confirmed FALSE statement.
Okiro has written letters/memos to news agencies/organisations about the falacy of the statement.

PUNCH, NEWS MAGAZINES AND OTHE MEDIAS, PLS THIS MESS MUST NOT REPEAT ITSELF.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Tonim(f): 10:04pm On May 13, 2008
Yes, Okiro has said the press misquoted him wink

@Topic

So when will the FG of Nigeria award a multi-billion dollar contract to fight terrorism in Nigeria? That is what I'm waiting to hear.

You mean from Yar'adull ?
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 11:13pm On May 13, 2008
We never even begin to fight hunger, we want to fight terrorism?? LMAO!!
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by kaypound(m): 1:51am On May 14, 2008
It simply means more roadblocks

more settlement and more stray bullets
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by savanaha: 4:00am On May 14, 2008
kaypound:

It simply means more roadblocks

more settlement and more stray bullets

More misplaced everything. I wonder how people who don't know where their behind is will know the difference between Al-Queda and Okada.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by smile4kenn(m): 7:10am On May 14, 2008
Although police sources told our correspondents on Tuesday that the action was aimed at checking violent crimes in the cities, a top security source in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, claimed that the decision was informed by an alleged threat by a terrorist group, Al-Qaeda, to bomb some parts of Nigeria.

The alleged threat by Al-Qaeda was credited on Friday to the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro. But Okiro refuted the report by the media on Sunday.

Investigation by our correspondent in Lagos on Tuesday, however, showed that the anti-terrorist squad sent to Lagos was currently operating from the MOPOL 20 and 22, Oduduwa Street, GRA, Ikeja.

A source said that finishing touches were being put to the squad’s permanent site in Akodo, a suburb of Lagos.

The 80-man squad is said to be commanded by Mr. Johnpaul Echatah, a Superintendent of Police, who hails from one of the Niger Delta states.

It was also gathered that the commander had undergone a series of training, including detection of weapons of mass destruction in the United States.

The commander is being assisted by an Assistant Superintendent of Police, who is also said to have experience in counter-terrorism.

Our source also disclosed that the Lagos State Police command had already attached two newly procured modern Armoured Personnel Carriers to the squad to enable it perform effectively.

read more: http://punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20080514173317
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by smile4kenn(m): 7:12am On May 14, 2008
According to Okiro, Please Nigerians safe this lines. Call any of the lines when you suspect any al queda/sucide bomber around your vicinity,

Hassan appealed to the residents of the state to use the following new lines – 08073777787, 08073777717, and 08073777757 – when in distress.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Echidime(m): 7:44am On May 14, 2008
The return of the coup ploters,malawi first ,Nigeria going to be second using Al-Qaeda as an excuse.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by kaypound(m): 8:10am On May 14, 2008
naija, sha, una sha wan belong at all cost, after na una dey use corruption bomb the whole area, omo! Al-qaeda get more serious business elsewhere and can't afford to be wasting bombs, Lmao, Ok i get it now, this another means at which the police wants to use to raise funds for themselves after Kenny Martins looted the whole force.

but on a more serious note*** all i can think of now, if it is true, is that all these pastors and evangelist doing crusades all over the place in naija should get more security and work with the police bomb quad against any religious suicide bomber during their programs.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by wamby(m): 9:31am On May 14, 2008
VERY FUNNY, NAIJA AGAIN, , AFTER THE 50BILLION NAIRA SCAM POLICE EQUIPMENT FUND OF KENNY MARTINS AND OKIRO
THE GAME DIDNT NOT WORK OUT, ,IT IS NOW Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria.
OKIRO, SIMPLY EXPLAIN TO YAR'DUA THAT POLICE ARE TIRED OF COLLECTING CHANGE ALONG THE ROAD. ALREADY THERE IS NO SECURITY IN NAIJA,
I ENJOY THIS COUNTRY, WE ARE IN A REGIME OF SHARE THE MONEY[P, D, P]. AN AVERAGE NAIJA WONDERS WHAT'S AL-QAEDA INTEREST IN NAIJA.
ALREADY THE COUNTRY HAS BEEN SENT TO THE STONE AGE, NO ELECTRICITY, NO ROADS, DESTROYED INSTITUTIONS LIKE MAURICE IWU AND MY OLD FRIEND [$16BILLION] AND HER HER DAUGTHER.
OSAMA, NO MATTER WHAT YOU HEAR ON THE MEDIA THERE IS NO SECURITY IN NAIJA. PLZ GO TO OTA FARM AND ASO ROCK IT WIIL BE A PLUS TO US.
OKIRO, HOW MUCH DO YOU NEED, TAFA COLLECTED, EHIDERO COLLECTED YOUR IN CHARGE NOW. CHOP YOUR OWN BROTHER,
NA NAIJA WEY WE THE SO,
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by jigawatts(m): 9:48am On May 14, 2008
I'm not runnin anywhere, it will be a priviledge to fight with the Al-Qaeda group, I will definitely get weapons to fight such as bottles, axe and every local weapon and JAZZ, I'm ready when u are MR. SO Called AL qaeda, grin
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Dextiny(f): 10:25am On May 14, 2008
Oga Okiro, be careful oooooooooh, haba
U wan chop the remaining money wey ur
brother Tafa and Ehindaro remain?
Take it easy now. Al- Qaeda ko, Al- Qaeda ni
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by SENATORJD(m): 1:13pm On May 14, 2008
Police ready for Al-Qaeda terrorists - Deploy anti-terrorist squads in Lagos, Port Harcourt, others - IG set to withdraw policemen from banks
From Bolaji Ogundele and Chris Agbambu - 14.05.2008 Nigerian Tribune

THE Nigeria Police Force has inaugurated an anti-terrorist squad, deploying it in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Lagos and Kano for effective coverage of the areas against possible terrorist activities.
Disclosing this to the press in Port Harcourt on Tuesday, the new Rivers State Police Commissioner, Mr Balla Hassan, said that he had resumed in the state to take policing to a new professional level.
Hassan, who announced the arrest of four suspected kidnappers in Ikpokiri, Ogu-Bolo Local Government Area of the state, reported to have kidnapped and raped three women, said the new anti-terrorist squad would work with the Mobile Police Squadron 48, Ahoada, to protect strategic facilities in the state, [/i][color=#000099][/color]

@all uncle IG Okiro seems not to be joking o, , he claims the police is ready to the stop the attack  that guy never ceases to amuze me. if COAS,CONS or COAFS had brought that issue up and had said they are ready then i can beleive. but the police?the same police i know?have tried giving them element of doubt but it just aint working
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by jaguda(m): 7:07pm On May 14, 2008
Naija is a funny place but Al Kini won't bomb Naija. Remember the bomb threat of the American Embassy in 2004? Shakara! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

Sumbody mentioned Kenya and Tanzania, well, they are different from Naija. Naija is a DISASTER, so one will waste the bombs coming here.

Abeg jo, Mushin olosa straighttttttttttttttttttt,
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:24am On May 15, 2008
Please Osama bin Laden is razz!!! Nobody wants him in Nigeria. Abegi, we don't want to be involved in his beef with George Bush. I have said it a thousand times. They should drop Bush and Bin Laden in the desert and have them duke it out man to man. Nigerians are looking for money, this one wants to do jihad. Na im know! Abeg carry your al-qaeda rubbish and go back to your country. It's not as if if we now join them the Arabs will stop slaving the Negro Sudanese o! Or they will stop looking down on us! I don't want! Carry go!
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by sebebe(m): 4:21pm On May 15, 2008
guys,

make una no mind okiro na just false alert im dey give make dem tink say him sabi work.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by kbstar(m): 4:39pm On May 15, 2008
Nigerian police, in broad daylight, unleashed terror on the innocent people of Ogaminana and neither Okiro nor the president has taken any serious step on the issue. See here http://ebiraview..com/2008/03/images-of-ogaminana-after-police.html and here http://ebiraview..com/2008/02/black-day-in-ogaminana.html

If police could 'bomb' the people they are trained to protect, are they any better than al-qaeeda?
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by savanaha: 4:55pm On May 15, 2008
See the Al-queda the Nigerian "intelligence my yansh" authorities are looking for are right in the mirror looking back at them.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by lucabrasi(m): 5:12pm On May 15, 2008
el rufai has done most of their job anyway,and he even made it easy by startn in abuja, if these 419 guys catch them,bin laden will drop everything he has before realising he s been played
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Esss(m): 5:49pm On May 15, 2008
Is dis shit really tru?? cos if it is, then I have a couple of targets in mind like

1. Ota farm. (Priority one target).
2. Babangidas crib in Minna, (Priority target one also)
3. Atiku's crib
4. House of reps
5. All state government houses
6. All police stations
7. All state houses of assembly
8. FFS all politicians and their decendants both past and present should be their prime target.

If they succeed, we just might give them asylum in calabar (Tinapa)
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by naijaway(m): 11:18pm On May 15, 2008
this is bullsh**t. Nigeria ni nigeria ko. those ones don't even care about us just like we don't care about them. Okiro and his boys need to step their game up for real on an honest note and stop thinking all those scare tactics can make naija maja like in the western world. He needs to revitalize an honest police that can protect the neighborhoods.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Rlst84sale(m): 12:46am On May 16, 2008
I hope this is not a new pre-bribe tactis for the police. If they pull u up in naija thses days just don't argue so they don't plant gun on you and call u al-Qaeda rep, not be chop chop don begin be that?. This is not to say that it couldn't be a true story afterall you have some northern facnatics who don already dey declare jihad on their fellow countrymen.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Harus(m): 9:21am On May 16, 2008
Al-qaeda to bomb Nigeria - Na IYABO OBASANJO's plan to completely erase her CORRUPT DEEDS and her father's EVIL DEEDS by destroying nigerians soul. U all remember say she no dey NAIJA and her father will join her soon! shocked

To prevent this, Okiro shuld prison OBASANJO for d rest of his life & nigeria will be save grin
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Phemzy(m): 9:26am On May 16, 2008
Nigeria is a developing and more or less a poorly managed country, so Al-Qaeda will never plan to bomb Nigeria because is notting to them. I think the IG is only trying to make name so that he can fly without wings.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by eddycapuro: 2:51pm On May 16, 2008
this "bombing" thing is all crap
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by MP007(m): 8:25am On May 17, 2008
I just cant imagine a nigerian being a terrorist, nigeria is not america were u can easily scare people with all these nonsence.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Cleanman(m): 3:03pm On May 18, 2008
All said & done,at my own perspective i wl say: that guy wey them dey call al-Qaeda,osama or any1 of them are just wasting their time & money tryn 2 bomb Nigeria, somebody shud just tell him that we aint those white,weak,easily scared folks in the US or UK.@Other posters:PATRIOTISM IS DA BEST, Shey u grab.If the guy(Al-Qaeda)Jst feel like showing his prowess,He should visit S.africa. Those white guys will surely accomodate him, ROFLMAO
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 18, 2008
what a waste of time, they shouldn't bother stressing themselves, our government are doing the bombing and dethroning themselves, so all Al-muthafunking-jobless-asswhip-Qaedians go get a life.

I know you guyz, some of you are even here on Nairaland, trying to blow up Nairaland also, i could only support u guyz on one condition, That u make me the Al-Qaeda's Chief Finance Secretary grin
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by RampantT(f): 7:26pm On May 18, 2008
@post
What are they waiting for?
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by davidif: 4:35am On May 19, 2008
kai nigerians we too dey like feel among.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:45am On May 19, 2008
na the word be that, kia, lmao
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by JEPHTHAHMI: 1:44pm On May 19, 2008
naija don bomb b/4 so,why bombing it again? our problem of coruption don damage naija than any bomb fit do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

ALERT: Terrorists Now Disguising As ‘mad People’ / I Will Treat All Nigerians Equitably - Buhari / Driver Beats Lastma Chief With Charms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.