Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,600 members, 7,888,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:26 PM

Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi (11004 Views)

Was Kimo, Rivers Police Commissioner Sleeping During A Security Meeting? Photo / Inspector General Of Police, Chief Of Defense Staff With Service Chiefs / Northern Governors Demand Removal Of Rivers Police Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by obayaya(m): 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2013
emk4lif:
Seasoned Lawyer my foot, Amaechi never sudied Law, graduated wit a third class in english Studies from Uniport , spent the bulk of his time as a student union leader...compare with GEJ who graduated with a high 2.1 from the same school

you have 2.1 doesn't mean you have sense. compare GEJ and Amaechi and tell me who's the better leader. Abraham Lincoln didn't even go to school

1 Like

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by obayaya(m): 2:56pm On Jun 21, 2013
Garri the 1st: GEJ is still on his mission to destabilize Rivers State...

*watching*

cool

and the i-diot forgot that rivers state is pdp strong hold in south south. not his bush bayelsa state or akwa ibom. he forgets that the Amaechi is extremely popular in rivers state. GEJ should be prepared to loose the states vote come 2015
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by obayaya(m): 2:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
bbpreye.:

GEJ remains my MENTOR!

continue spewing rubbish!
i don't blame you, i blame Nairaland.

adamu!

I'm sure you are one tilapia from nembe
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by obayaya(m): 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
stine b: For your information, CP Mbu was the ersthwhile Director of Nigeria Police Force Education unit,A HOLDER OF MSc, and Phd in view.

and we all are witness to the quality of officers he trained as director of police education.. N20 roger illiterates

1 Like

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by ssii: 3:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
figment232: Amaechi would be impeached b4 2015 mark my word
Power belongs to God, not to GEJ or PEJ. Even if Amaechi is impeached, will GEJ remain in office forever? One day, all of them will leave office and others will take over. History will judge everyone.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by ssii: 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
noblezone:

Take GEJ and Amaechi to the arrogance meter and see who talks as if he owns the world.

I witnessed ballot papers torn and voters pushed out of polling booths because they did not vote for Amaechi.
So you really think anybody who distastes Amaechi's tyranny must have received money from Wike?
I wonder how some you cannot just express your opinion without insults?

I am not from Rivers, so I am not interested one bit in Rivers money.
Neither am I saying that Amaechi is not doing projects in Rivers State.
We are talking about performance, sincerity of purpose, vision and focus not arrogance. Is there anywhere in the constitution that says an elected leader should be impeached for arrogance. BTW, why do you say Amaechi is arrogant? Because he insists on what is right. We should rather have deceitful leaders who speak from both sides of their mouths.
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by lyricalpontiff(m): 3:12pm On Jun 21, 2013
emk4lif:
Seasoned Lawyer my foot, Amaechi never sudied Law, graduated wit a third class in english Studies from Uniport , spent the bulk of his time as a student union leader...compare with GEJ who graduated with a high 2.1 from the same school

Ameachi studied law in London while he was speaker of the state assembly. He also has masters in Law. So stop judging him with the 3rd class he had.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by EkoIle1: 3:14pm On Jun 21, 2013
KwoiZabo: Amaechi openly accused Orubebe and by extension GEJ for neglecting the East-West road. By saying they should hand the road over to SouthSouth govs to handle. He has the PDP NEC meeting to do that rather doing the work of opposition. So he should be suspended

You meant it's now a crime and punishable offense to offer sane and rational suggestion in a supposedly democracy?

By that was offering suggestion and solutions to critical issues facing the same Nigerians Jonathan swore to serve and not criticism or disrespect. Only shallow people, lazy people, incompetent people, dishonest people, insecure and low self esteem people terms such as insult or disrespect.
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by ShehuAba(m): 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2013
To be frank! The GEJ/AMAECHI saga is getting dirtier by the day and its as if the both of them are claiming to be right.
It will be better they stop this feud and allow peace to reign for the development of Rivers in particular and Nigeria in general.
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2013
KwoiZabo: Amaechi openly accused Orubebe and by extension GEJ for neglecting the East-West road. By saying they should hand the road over to SouthSouth govs to handle. He has the PDP NEC meeting to do that rather doing the work of opposition. So he should be suspended

[img]http://2.bp..com/-AC2c4TcoQZY/UB_6V3LUpGI/AAAAAAAACYc/f_M_Sj_F-Pc/s1600/a_aaa-Shocked-baby.png[/img]

[size=14pt]DID SOMEONE REALLY MAKE THE ABOVE COMMENT?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by whiteeyes: 4:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
bibina:
even your grammar does not qualify you for SSCE, meanwhile Ameachi went to a night school as Odili's boy, the CP came into the force as a cadet officer meaning he graduated from the university or monotechnic
Hahahaha, when you need to do grammatical analysis, check what we call the Deep structure, surface structure, SVO, SVA, etc. Did you find any defect in my write up?
Go check the meaning of typographical error, every human is prone to it. BtW, if Amaechi had gone to a night school as you claimed, is his performance as a governor not far better than a first class holder?
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Carsonv(m): 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
whiteeyes:
To show professionalism as he claims, the mbu man shouldn't havr replied the governor in the first place. It seems he only went to the statw to act out a script. I think for trhe sake of peace, the officer should be moved out of the state immediately. Ameachi na seasones lawyer, wetin the cP be sef? SSCE holder? Just asking...!
Amaechi is not a lawyer whether by birth, education, inheritance or coercion! Please be guided!
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by babslamin: 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2013
The questions are, who threw the 1st punch, don't the police have a chain of command & has IGP given the approval for Mbu to bite Amaechi?
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 21, 2013
Scun: I live in PH too, If Amechi's 'pocketing' of the police force brough the kind of peace and security we are enjoying now, I think it should continue!
In your world, the end justifies the means
In my world, I will prefer to resit an exam than to "pocket" the lecturer in other to pass.
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by OdionOdion: 7:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
Orikinla: RIVERS STATE PEOPLE REACTS

That there are exceptional cases in every human endeavour seem to apply to Governor Amaechi, as he has dared all attempts and calculations against him with tenacity and courage, even as he appears to be gaining more strength by the day. Not only has he become the most popular Governor in Nigeria, he has become a sort of an enigma in the politics of Nigeria as shown by his disposition to challenge illegality. One may be tempted to agree with the famous Charles de Gaulle who as if he had Amaechi in mind when he stated that, “The true statesman is the one who is willing to take risks”. Anyone who stays with the Rivers State Governor closely may be tempted to give him the name “MR. RISK”. Another definition of a politician is that by David Lloyd George when he stated that, “A politician is a person with whose politics you don't agree; if you agree with him he's a statesman”.

Rivers people tend to have agreed with the quote of David George above as they agreed wholeheartedly with his type of politics as most of them stated that apart from His Majesty King Alfred Papapreye Diete-Spiff, the first Military Governor of River State whose achievements are indubitable to date. Diette-Spiff is currently the Amayanabo of Twon Brass in Bayelsa State. After this rare gem, Amaechi is the only one that has shown genuine commitment, seriousness in the development and emancipation of the people of Rivers State since assumption of office as the Governor.

To the famous and great Philosopher, Edmund Burke, "a disposition to preserve, and an ability to improve, taken together, would be my standard of a statesman". Base on this assumption and that Governor has distinguished himself as an achiever in the art of governance in the State, the opposition Political parties, youths, men, women, including nationalists in the State came in droves to demonstrate their love and support to the Governor.

1. First to react within the period of my observation of the trends of events in the Government House within the past week where the government house was turned into a Mecca of a sort to demonstrate that the seat of power was actually that of the people were the people of Ikwere ethnic nationality in Rivers State who during their visit condemned what they described as unwarranted attacks and campaign of calumny against Governor Chibuike Amaechi. They called on President Goodluck Jonathan to direct security operatives to stop what they called underserved embarrassment being meted out to the governor. The call was contained in a statement signed by the President- General of Ogbakor Ikwere, Prof. Augustine Onyeozu, member of the House of Representatives representing Emohua/Ikwere Constituency, Andrew Uchendu, and former Deputy Governor of old Rivers State, Dr. Frank Eke. The summit, which was attended by all the first class chiefs in Ikwere, traditional rulers, executive members of Ogbakor Ikwere Youth Organisation and women groups, among others, was convened following series of claims and counter-claims on Amaechi and his leadership of the state, the Nigerian Governors’ Forum and his relationship with President Goodluck Jonathan. The statement reads in part: “We are very proud of the impressive performance of Governor Amaechi since his assumption of office in 2007, especially in conspicuous presence of basic infrastructure in all nooks and crannies of the state. “Governor Amaechi has every right as any other Nigerian to freedom of association and liberty as enshrined in the 1999 Constituting (as amended)”

2. Receiving thousands of delegates from Etche ethnic group, who had paid him a solidarity visit at government house, Port Harcourt, the Governor said that the process of selecting who governs the oil rich state would rotate among the different ethnic groups in the State. “Any area that has produced governor before should go and sleep and allow other areas to produce”. He called for the setup of Etche Enlightenment Committee to educate and mobilize the people on the need to exercise their franchise in the next general elections. He insisted that the people’s vote must count since that is one way the Rivers people will elect their leaders independently without external influence in 2015. The Chairman of the Etche traditional rulers’ council, Emmanuel Opurum said Governor Amaechi’s administration is godsend as Etche people has witnessed unprecedented development since the inception of his administration. Opurum stressed that the Etche people will ever remain grateful and will continue to support the Amaechi-led government in Rivers state. Similarly, a member of the House of Representatives Ogbonna Nwuke, representing the Etche/Omuma constituency, in his address commended the governor for defending the territory and property of the state, saying the Governor’s recent victory as in the NGF election clearly shows his popularity and acceptance by the people.

3. While attending the maiden edition of the Rivers State Council on Information, organized by the state Ministry of Information and Communications, with the theme; “Public Information Management as a tool for Good Governance,”; the Governor reiterated that his administration will mobilize the people of the state against his detractors through the delivery of the dividends of democracy to the citizenry. He also called on Nigerians to ensure that their votes count in the 2015 general elections. The governor also urged Nigerians to ensure that the general election is transparent, free and fair. He denied allegations that his administration has abandoned many projects and has also not done any meaningful project since his second term. When you hear of citizens’ rights, nobody will give you your right, you will claim it.Amaechi said his administration has completed more projects in his second. He said, “In our second term, we completed the G. U. Ake Road and by September this year, we will be commission 250 primary schools in 250 communities. Also by September, we will be completing six ultramodern secondary schools. In our first tenure, we completed only one, but just two years into our second tenure, we are completing six. “By September again, we will have a new conference Centre; the Cultural Centre is nearing completion and we also have a brand new School of Nursing coming. “I am happy that by December, we would have moved the students from the old School of Nursing to the new site”

4. Addressing youths of Rivers State who paid him a solidarity visit, the Governor asked the youths that “all those from 18 and above should please stand up and they got up. He asked them to sit down, they did and he asked again, ‘all those that have voters’ cards should please stand up’ and a lot of them did and he said, we should punish irresponsible politicians with our cards.

5. While addressing the opposition political parties that visited him, he said that, “So what I expect from all of you whether you belong to APC, CPC, where ever you belong, start now to mobilise the state for one man, one vote. “We will not allow them to intimidate us with police or anything. Instead, we shall intimidate them with our votes.” He explained that any government that cannot attribute its victory to the people’s votes would not be responsible to them. According to him, government at all levels become transparent and accountable only when they fear they can be voted out for poor performance. The opposition political parties in their statement jointly signed by the coalition Chairman, Uchechukwu Ichenwo, and 17 others read; “We frown and resist the on-going subterranean moves to plunge Rivers State into greater crisis through the impeachment proceedings on the Governor of Rivers State, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, by a minority group”. - See more at: http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2013/06/rivers-pdp-crisis-when-opposition.html#sthash.hl8VAaT7.dpuf
. You are one the Amaechi initiates that were compelled to fill the government House Ogboni forms as Amaechi online propaganda outfit,shame on YOU and your FAMILY
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by bloggernaija: 7:40pm On Jun 21, 2013
Totally out of order. How can a civil servant be playing politics. It is within the code of conduct
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by solomon111(m): 9:32pm On Jun 21, 2013
bloggernaija: Totally out of order. How can a civil servant be playing politics. It is within the code of conduct
The CP shouldn't defend himself?
Is that what you are saying?.
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by solomon111(m): 9:34pm On Jun 21, 2013
bloggernaija: Totally out of order. How can a civil servant be playing politics. It is within the code of conduct
The CP shouldn't defend himself?
Is that what you are saying?.
The obvious bias on nairaland is mind-boggling.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Myself2(m): 7:36am On Jun 22, 2013
obayaya:

you have 2.1 doesn't mean you have sense. compare GEJ and Amaechi and tell me who's the better leader. Abraham Lincoln didn't even go to school

May a he goat urinate on your head for comparing Amaechi and Jonathan leadership-wise.You want to compare the dictatorial and arrogant leadership style of a pompous fellow that struggled to graduate with a weak third class with the humble,listening and accommodating leadership style of GEJ?
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by chaloner(m): 9:11am On Jun 22, 2013
gulfer: CP Mbu, your imminent transfer awaits.
who wil transfer him? D same get amaechi is insulting..... Never ! This is chess amaechi should knw dat smtimes pawn is beautiful not to let go.....it can hold a king
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Amanwulu1(m): 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2013
[quote
author=rooftech]what facts dont you know the police are liars,the cp is
acting a script.dont you see how he has shut down port harcourt for the
queen of nigeria who God gave a second chance to live to start her
campaign.[/quote]

police are liars, agreed and what are d politician? saint nebuchadnezzer? jst wnt 2 knw.
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Ikiriye(m): 5:19pm On Jun 22, 2013
you can never compare GEJ to arrongant ameachi who thinks he knows all.come to think about it,what has ameachi don for rivers people within 6years,classroom,health centres, already existing roads that is not properly finished or what.the money he received within this 6years compared to the classrooms and health centres are not commensurate.what has happened to the ring road project in the state,greater port-harcourt is still lying fallow and people think that putting up bungalows for 6 years in a state like rivers state is performance.this is bullshit. if dr Odili failed to perform does not mean ameachi has perform.there is no bases for comparison.evil is evil there is nothing like a lesser evil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is There Any University In Nigeria That Can Accept This Result??? / APC Governors Visit Benue State / Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Holds Press Conference (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.