Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,191 members, 7,977,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:18 AM

Mikel Dismisses Claims Of Galatasaray Move - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Dismisses Claims Of Galatasaray Move (490 Views)

Arsenal Striker Lukas Podolski Completes Galatasaray Move / Nigeria Escapes FIFA Ban As Court Dismisses Case / Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Dismisses Claims Of Galatasaray Move by Ping411: 11:09am On Jun 21, 2013
John Obi Mikel has dismissed as untrue, claims by a Turkish newspaper, Sabah, that he has agreed to join Galatasaray.

The paper had, on Thursday, reported that the
Chelsea midfielder had agreed to move to the
Turkish club following an advice given by
former teammate, Didier Drogba.

Quoting the 26-year-old, the paper said all that remained was for the Blues and Gala to reach an agreement. It added that Mikel, who is part of the Super Eagles squad to the 2013
Confederation Cup holding in Brazil, foresaw no problem with the deal.

Minutes after the story was published, veteran
sports analyst, Colin Udoh, took a hit at the
purported Mikel quotes on twitter.
He said: “Re those Mikel quotes. As far as I
know, he’s done just one interview in Brazil, at
training in Salvador. Did not say that then
#CFC.

”And I doubt he has done any phone
interviews either. But I’ve sms’d the link to the
quotes to him. Should get a response maybe
postgame #CFC.”

Mikel, in an SMS response, laughed off the
quotes. He said: “Hahaha, no, I did not say
that.”

[url]telegraphng.com/2013/06/mikel-dismisses-claims-of-gala-move/[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Beat Spain / Balotelli Sent Home From Confederations Cup / What The Super Eagles Need, Christian Chukwu....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.