Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,866 members, 7,980,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 12:11 AM

Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread - Phones (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread (302652 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by gbodimowo(m): 12:01am On Oct 20, 2013
jreyez:

Bro, I am yet to test the canvas 4 rom..... I'll holla you when I'm done downloading cool

Don't bother it is crap
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by gbodimowo(m): 12:05am On Oct 20, 2013
omobone: Ok...I've decided to flash chinese firmware. How do I go back to the Nigerian firmware if I want to? I already have a nandroid backup of my Nigerian firmware. Will the recovery for the chinese firmware be able to restore that previous nandroid backup of my Nigerian firmware?

No you can't just replace the boot. Img in the new rom with that one from your nandbackup
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by gbodimowo(m): 12:08am On Oct 20, 2013
omobone: I finally flashed the canvas 4 ROM. Thanks guys. These are my reviews...more coming up.
1. Antutu Benchmark: 13109 compared with 13679 of stock rom. But Benchmark scores is not a true test of performance sha. Will put it to test for gaming soon.
2. I noticed that my phone feels warmer than before...a lil bit sha
3. Better audio output. Thanks to Canvas 4 audio enhancement.
4. I noticed that the look away and pause feature doesn't work. Instead, clicking the icon in the video player crashes it(is there any fix?)
5. There is confirmed 3G in sim 2
6. When you edit the build.prop and change to E3, the Video and music player becomes disabled and refuses to play.
7. Radio, camera, everything works fine. Overall, the ROM is stable so far.
8. More review soon.

Guy I flashed that rom 3x to avoid being biased but no show the phone still empty your battery in half the normal time & if you open the camera app the phone will become a boiling ring

1 Like

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by coolest01(m): 12:19am On Oct 20, 2013
omobone: I finally flashed the canvas 4 ROM. Thanks guys. These are my reviews...more coming up.
1. Antutu Benchmark: 13109 compared with 13679 of stock rom. But Benchmark scores is not a true test of performance sha. Will put it to test for gaming soon.
2. I noticed that my phone feels warmer than before...a lil bit sha
3. Better audio output. Thanks to Canvas 4 audio enhancement.
4. I noticed that the look away and pause feature doesn't work. Instead, clicking the icon in the video player crashes it(is there any fix?)
5. There is confirmed 3G in sim 2
6. When you edit the build.prop and change to E3, the Video and music player becomes disabled and refuses to play.
7. Radio, camera, everything works fine. Overall, the ROM is stable so far.
8. More review soon.
gbodimowo:

Guy I flashed that rom 3x to avoid being biased but no show the phone still empty your battery in half the normal time & if you open the camera app the phone will become a boiling ring
lmao...i dont see anything wrong with the stock rom though...with a lil customisation,it's perfect for me
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by gbodimowo(m): 12:22am On Oct 20, 2013
Godvilla: CANVAS 4 CUSTOM ROM IS MORE STABLE THAN OTHER ROMS.....
*TOO MUCH EFFIZY*

MY CURRENT RATINGS
[size=16pt]1. CANVAS 4[/size]

[size=16pt]2. XPERIA HD V1[/size]

[size=16pt]3. INFINITY HD V2[/size]

[size=16pt]4. MIUI 5 v3.9.2[/size]

[size=16pt]5. XOLO LIQUID V1[/size]

Try xpera hd v2
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by gbodimowo(m): 12:26am On Oct 20, 2013
omobone:

Thanks...so, there's no work around of flashing from Nigerian Firmware? Besides, can the recovery version affect the outcome of flashing? I'm using Recovery 6.0.2.8.

There is a work around go and wipe data cache dalvik cache format system and replace the custom rom boot image with the one in your nandbackup sdothat last step on a pc
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by gbodimowo(m): 12:34am On Oct 20, 2013
omobone: Please...i flash Xperia HD Version 1 and there is no Battery info while charging if the phone is off. Any work around? Secondly...is Xperia HD version 2 better?

Yes it is better and am on it now
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by coolest01(m): 12:45am On Oct 20, 2013
gbodimowo:

Yes it is better and am on it now
any faults on it so far?any at all?
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by gbodimowo(m): 12:54am On Oct 20, 2013
[quote author=4peace][/quote]

Why don't you try rom toolbox lite
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by gbodimowo(m): 12:57am On Oct 20, 2013
coolest01: any faults on it so far?any at all?

The tts is Russian so if you like your phone talking to you in English you will not get it to happen but I have fixed that by installing Google text to speech engine
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by omobone(m): 6:54am On Oct 20, 2013
More Canvas 4 ROM reviews.
1. Front camera doesn't work. No wonder the video player force closes when you tamper with the "look away pause" setting. Even the video calling on Skype and any other app that use front camera will tell you "Camera is busy, close any app using the camera"

2. Battery life is poorer and the phone feels warm. Using android tuner, I could see that at any given time, 2 of the 4 cores are active when you view it in CPU manager.

3. Music player doesn't play smoothly. It skips when lock screen comes up . And sometimes , the lock screen will refuse to unlock.

4. The only thing I enjoyed in this ROM so far is the wonderful audio quality. If you love music, mehn e make sense die. Just make sure the "earphone audio enhancement is on".

5. Going back to stock ROM jare. I'm out. I will try Xperia HD v2 later this week.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by omobone(m): 7:01am On Oct 20, 2013
gbodimowo:

The tts is Russian so if you like your phone talking to you in English you will not get it to happen but I have fixed that by installing Google text to speech engine
On Xperia HD V1...I noticed that apps on memory card disappears when you reboot phone. Did anyone notice that? Besides is it same with V2. And again, any other bug?
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by jreyez(m): 7:32am On Oct 20, 2013
omobone: More Canvas 4 ROM reviews.
1. Front camera doesn't work. No wonder the video player force closes when you tamper with the "look away pause" setting. Even the video calling on Skype and any other app that use front camera will tell you "Camera is busy, close any app using the camera"

2. Battery life is poorer and the phone feels warm. Using android tuner, I could see that at any given time, 2 of the 4 cores are active when you view it in CPU manager.

3. Music player doesn't play smoothly. It skips when lock screen comes up . And sometimes , the lock screen will refuse to unlock.

4. The only thing I enjoyed in this ROM so far is the wonderful audio quality. If you love music, mehn e make sense die. Just make sure the "earphone audio enhancement is on".

5. Going back to stock ROM jare. I'm out. I will try Xperia HD v2 later this week.

kayceeukah007 you don hear am grin so don disturb your self.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by kayceeukah007(m): 7:40am On Oct 20, 2013
I don over hear am o.......hmmmmm sticking with my custom ROM in the end

jreyez:

kayceeukah007 you don hear am grin so don disturb your self.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by jreyez(m): 7:57am On Oct 20, 2013
kayceeukah007: I don over hear am o.......hmmmmm sticking with my custom ROM in the end

Lolz.... grin,
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by princeparis(m): 10:27am On Oct 20, 2013
I am on xperia v1. I find it ok. I just love the sony taste. I was about to have a taste of canvas but with this discordant reviews I think I will stay put. The only issues I have noticed is the charging icon is distorted during when the phone is off.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by jreyez(m): 11:58am On Oct 20, 2013
Chai, grin

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
How great is the picture quality of elife e3, has it got led flash? And how much is it currently, Edify me abeg.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
omobone:
On Xperia HD V1...I noticed that apps on memory card disappears when you reboot phone. Did anyone notice that? Besides is it same with V2. And again, any other bug?

I can't stop laughing dude
Nothing like that on both
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
gbodimowo:

Why don't you try rom toolbox lite
What are you quoting
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 3:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
gbodimowo:

Hmmm I was like this when I flashed infinity HDv2,the battery was dropping by 1% every 30 mins, flash it more than 10 times,but people still give credit to the ROM but I can tell you same version is best along Xperia HDv1 made by lilabm
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by abimcdssi: 5:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
how much does the phone cost presently and where can i get in ibadan?? thanks
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by LordReed(m): 6:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
mhozzis: Thanks boss got it there today

How much did you get it?
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by omobone(m): 7:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
4peace:

I can't stop laughing dude
Nothing like that on both
Well, that what I noticed sha. Flashed it twice... Same thing.
Besides, did you Flashed yours from Nigerian or Chinese firmware?
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by omobone(m): 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
4peace:

Hmmm I was like this when I flashed infinity HDv2,the battery was dropping by 1% every 30 mins, flash it more than 10 times,but people still give credit to the ROM but I can tell you same version is best along Xperia HDv1 made by lilabm
Which ROM are you on? Besides, the Xperia HD V1 I have is that by Kumar Abishek.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
omobone:
Which ROM are you on? Besides, the Xperia HD V1 I have is that by Kumar Abishek.

Kumar Abishek didnt make Xperia Hd v1 for E3

Xperia Hd v1 for E3

by lilabm require chinese firware

by trip007 require india/nigeria firmware or wtf
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
omobone:
Well, that what I noticed sha. Flashed it twice... Same thing.
Besides, did you Flashed yours from Nigerian or Chinese firmware?

i only use chinese firmware as my stock rom

stable,reliable
easy to flash rom and received OTA frequently
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by coolest01(m): 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
4peace:

i only use chinese firmware as my stock rom

stable,reliable
easy to flash rom and received OTA frequently
how can i switch to chinese version?
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by milee: 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
abimcdssi: how much does the phone cost presently and where can i get in ibadan?? thanks
Don't know current price but you can get it at Global Handset Mokola.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by gbodimowo(m): 10:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
omobone:

No such errors in v2
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by gbodimowo(m): 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
prince paris: I am on xperia v1. I find it ok. I just love the sony taste. I was about to have a taste of canvas but with this discordant reviews I think I will stay put. The only issues I have noticed is the charging icon is distorted during when the phone is off.

Try the xpera v2
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by abimcdssi: 11:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
milee:
Don't know current price but you can get it at Global Handset Mokola.
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (161) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / The New USSD Code For Airtel Night Data Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.