Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,460 members, 7,978,503 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 09:30 AM

Any Idea About Marina Securites? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Any Idea About Marina Securites? (730 Views)

Any Idea About Retail Cement Business / Any Idea About Pure Water Making Equipment,plastic Making Machine And Nylon Machine / Woolworths Lagos Closed Down: Any Idea Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Idea About Marina Securites? by xtraeffort(m): 8:07pm On May 10, 2008
I want to open a stock account with Marina Securities, but i need information from any one about the stock brocker. Any info will be of help as they are yet to be online.

My interest in them stems from the fact that they accepted me to open an account with my share certificates only - no cash required.

Looking forward to any feedback.
Re: Any Idea About Marina Securites? by Opyso(m): 9:29pm On May 10, 2008
Tread carefully my bother.

I have 4 brokers (Union Capital Market, cashcraft, ZSL and Marina Securities was not by choice but as they happen to deal with Access Shares convereted from Standard bank or Trust years back.

My observation when I went to their office @ Saka Tinubu was not great, but having said all these if you have a good rapport with one of the brokers you might do well rather than dealing with the a faceless company.

Cashcraft is a no no to a lot of ppl here and rightly so but most of my trades is with them as I deal directly with an Agbero broker whom I got introduced to recently - moral of the story is that I do not deal with Cashcraft per se but use them as a medium through my Agbero broker that i knew before cashcraft.

Good luck!
Re: Any Idea About Marina Securites? by xtraeffort(m): 6:42pm On May 12, 2008
Thanks Opyso for your response.

Am looking for a stock broker with fair conditions possibly one that i can open an account with by depositing my share certificate.

Any idea?
Re: Any Idea About Marina Securites? by Opyso(m): 12:03pm On May 13, 2008
xtraeffort:

Thanks Opyso for your response.

Am looking for a stock broker with fair conditions possibly one that i can open an account with by depositing my share certificate.

Any idea?

It depends on the worth of the certificate

Zenith - needs 5M

Looks like you based in lagos, if so I will advise you also try visiting couple of firms and see what they are like, online presence is real important especially if u are not in the country.

If you want I can introduce you to Cashcraft even though I said cashcraft I will like you to meet myCashcraft broker and speak to him first and take it from there if he can deal with you on a personal level.
Re: Any Idea About Marina Securites? by xtraeffort(m): 8:41pm On May 22, 2008
Apologies for the delay in my response, Opyso.

Pls i'll be glad to have the contact info of your CASHCRAFT guy.

Thanks.
Re: Any Idea About Marina Securites? by Oseloks: 8:34am On May 23, 2008
I got to know Marina Securities when I needed Access Bank stock and it was the broker that my account was crossed over to. When I offloaded that stock, it was an unpleasant experience that it bought LASACO for me at N6.20 when the price on the day in question was not up to N5.70. I learnt that they have a kind of record,  tread soflty.
I am looking for the right time to get out and call it bye.
oseloks
sad.
Re: Any Idea About Marina Securites? by xtraeffort(m): 5:08pm On May 24, 2008
Thanks Oseloks for the informative feedback about Marina Securities. Me i don pick race

(1) (Reply)

Man Auctions His Life, But Disappointed At Bid Price / Is There A Real Solution To Atm Fraud? / What's Your Plan 4 2009? Share With Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.