Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,961 members, 7,922,372 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 05:36 AM

Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader (9756 Views)

Driver Shot Dead In Katsina By Customs Officer For Smuggling Contraband Spagheti / Customs Officer, Wife Arrested For Buying Twin Babies For N500,000 / Pictures Of Prof. Iyayi's Bullet-pierced Body (Viewers Discretion Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 22, 2013
vivacious vivi: I didn't even know Custom officials held arms. Na wa o. N why would he even want to shoot d motorcycle driver in d first place? When could aim for d tyres instead? All this sporadic behavior from uniformed men authorized to do simple "stop and search" is just rubbish. RIP Fausat.
I doubt if u even know the duties of a custom officer
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by Lordave: 10:29am On Jun 22, 2013
Ogbeche77: I doubt if u even know the duties of a custom officer
na sin if she no know? Abi na her papa be the custom officer?

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by Gombs(m): 10:32am On Jun 22, 2013
vivacious vivi: I didn't even know Custom officials held arms. Na wa o. N why would he even want to shoot d motorcycle driver in d first place? When could aim for d tyres instead? All this sporadic behavior from uniformed men authorized to do simple "stop and search" is just rubbish. RIP Fausat.

No vex but motorcycles don't have DRIVERS rather RIDERS

Aim for a motorcycle tyre? Dat officer needs to be jack bauer good be dat!

Sporadic behavior of our uniformed men? Is dat line logically valid?
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by pbling: 10:36am On Jun 22, 2013
life is so short,who knws d nxt secs
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by AbuMikey(m): 10:54am On Jun 22, 2013
Mtchewww........!!!
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by gunuvi(m): 11:14am On Jun 22, 2013
I am on my way now to Idiroko to handle the investigation.
From now on its Maize bullet for all customs, police and viigilante in South West. Na only north go dey get live bullets.
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by Policewoman(f): 11:14am On Jun 22, 2013
Why shoot at a mororcycle when they could easily have intercepted him with their patrol van??

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 22, 2013
neva kew custom officers hold arms
rip is all i can say..the rate at wich stray bullets are flying every were in dis country...only God can protect us
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by chitexinter: 11:47am On Jun 22, 2013
who trained this killer to handle a gun.

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by ManTiger(m): 12:03pm On Jun 22, 2013
Lazy set of bastard, shot at a cyclist while the same person can be chased and apprehended!
Abi ere kini okada fe saa?
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
Reference: Very, very tragic event. I hope immediate action will be taken by the Customs Service to train those who bear arms on proper handling and the rules of engagement. I believe arms should not be discharged to stop or apprehend smugglers except the lives of the officers involved are in mortal danger. That's what the patrol vehicle is meant for. To chase down suspects and with communication devices this might not even be necessary. Surely the customs generates more than enough revenue to train and equip its rank and file.

Th
That can't work. Smugglers are most times heavily armed with sophisticated weapons as well.

The okadaman must be very dumb to ride past a custom checkpoint with a contraband.
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by extension: 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2013
What a tragedy. Shooting a man with bags of rice while arms smuggled in containers into Nigeria from lebanon thru kano. Custom authority should pay 2m each to the five children for their school fees and feeding . Hardworking lady rip.

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by EarlWorlex(m): 2:49pm On Jun 22, 2013
Hmmmmnn...what a careless customs officer! May God continue to help us in this country.
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by logica(m): 2:51pm On Jun 22, 2013
bigx: no target practice?
Apart from the fact that many of them do lack target practice and use untuned guns, it is also standard practice that you don't fire your weapon when there is a chance of hitting innocent passerby.

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by Amdoyin(m): 4:07pm On Jun 22, 2013
Rip deceased. May allah forgives her of all iniquities. Protection nd securities ar nothin 2 write hom abt in our country so, one nids 2 becareful nd prayerful. D erring officer wud be seen walkin freely soon.. Dats naija 4u o!
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by herquleez(m): 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2013
Another sad death in the hands of our security agencies.

Cant something be done to stop all this? Ehn?! This is too much na. Now see the agony the poor family members are going through.

I must however point out and commend the Nigeria Customs Service for acting differently from our men in black.

First of all they didn't flee the scene despite the fact that the incident occurred at dawn (not yet day), the victim died in a customs hospital meaning she was taken there and the fact that the officer who took the shot has been named and remanded in custody to answer charges.

The Comptroller didnt stop at that he has met with the family and community elders.

Seriously the police should learn from this customs boss.

Officers and men under your command will always misbehave, the onus then falls on the superior officers to fish out and punish the perpetrators.

If it was the police that killed the woman they would first flee the scene, claim they were engaging robbers and that it was the robbers' bullets that killed the woman.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by gbengu(m): 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2013
The custom should be shot by stray bullet too. God no go vess!
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by InvertedHammer: 6:11pm On Jun 22, 2013
/
These Custom officers are menace to society especially the inland officers.
They are mere toll collectors. I have had so many run-ins with them.

If your car has proper documents, they extort N1000 per car, more for SUVs.
And they will let you know.

I believe across-the-border car smugglers a.k.a Suicide drivers pay different prices when cornered.

//
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by Btruth: 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2013
1 or 2 bags of rice = the life of one meaningful Nigeria.

Which way Nigeria?

RIP Fausat.

shocked
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by engrfcuksmtin(m): 8:12pm On Jun 22, 2013
Similar incidence occured at Osara around okene in Kogi State in 2008. They almost killed the custom officer. Infact the check point is no more till date.I dont understand the essence of some of the custom check points within the country. Imagine somebody coming from Togo with tokunbo goods via Benin republic-idiroko through ibadan being aprehended by custom at Iyara in Kogi State that he under paid custom duty for his goods. In the process of trying to explain himself he was almost shot by the custom officer interrogating him. Am of the opinion that custom check points should not be beyond the border.
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by tombeh(m): 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2013
May her soul rest in the bosom of the lord. Pls let all these forcemen learn when to fire and not.
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by Stylaay(m): 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2013
D fvcktard was so keen on not loosin en egunje 4 mayb 3bags of rice dat en don loose en job join. If e get godfada na repostin things
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by Newborn22: 11:03pm On Jun 22, 2013
May her r i p
Re: Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader by viviane: 12:24am On Jun 23, 2013
I have not finished reading that of the nigerian police, Nigerian customs don do their own!!!!! Its high time our government caution these people on raffle and arms handling. GEJ shld be held responsible for that lose of life.......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family / ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? / Police Arrest Two Masquerades In Ondo For Stealing N370,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.