Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,006 members, 7,883,472 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 11:17 AM

How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? (9550 Views)

What Has Nairaland Taught You? / Has Nairaland Impacted Your Life In Any Way? / What Has Nairaland Taught You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Uby40(m): 1:10pm On May 12, 2008
i used to be a very coy individual until recently i joined the 'Lander's, and now it has added a positive change to my life. i can now face anybody in any conversational topic whatsoever. i'm immensely grateful to everyone who's being a part of this dream.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by tellbiodun(f): 1:16pm On May 12, 2008
Nairaland has really changed my life. I got my job thru reading info on nairaland jobs forum. I get a lot of information and entertainment on nairaland. I often laugh alone while reading threads on nairaland. As a matter of fact the laptop i'm using to browse now was one of the first things i bought through the job i got via nairaland. Nairaland is in fact a world on its own.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by yimiton(f): 1:21pm On May 12, 2008
I used to be pretty addicted to NL, it was beginning to affect my job. Fortunately, I was able to discipline myself to come in here only when it is totally convenient for me.

I have made friends through NL though I am yet to meet any of them physically.

Some my cherished friends are TK, Naje Haje, Deji (Street wise) Siena, JK and a few others. It's been nice knowing these guys and I look forward to meeting them physically someday.

It is also my gate away from boredome, it is an interesting place to relax when I'm bored.

It's a very funny place and I could laugh my head off sometimes with some very funny award winning comedy posts!
I learnt here to tolerate people, some people could be totally annoying, but I learnt to relax, enjoy the game and not take them personally.

I have had good advice here which helped me not to take actions I might have regretted.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 12, 2008
Still waiting!
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by PLC1: 1:27pm On May 12, 2008
They will call UN to ban PLC, that he is a Terrorist on Nairaland and UN we jump in and ban him. I think UN should try to find out the cause of any fight before banning PLC and his citizens from entering the Nairaland territory. I used to know UN as not being controlled or influenced by any person or group of persons but everything has changed completely.

Nairaland changing my life? Until 95% of Nairaland users stop acting like sheep. If you post a thread or reply to any topic, and once one person insult you, the other 95% posting will be insulting you.

You know, when you see sheep on a queue running, try to keep a wood on a particular point, once the first sheep gets to that point, it will jump up. Then remove the wood and watch, once other sheep following gets to that point, they will start jumping up too.
Trying to find out the difference here on Nairaland. It's life sha.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by rotimy(m): 1:29pm On May 12, 2008
I ENJOYED THE COMMENTS. THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY. BUT NONE WILL EVER CHANGE MY LIFE because I AM HERE FOR CYBER FUN.
THE RELIGION SECTION IS AN EYE OPENER HOW EDUCATED PEOPLE CAN BE BRAIN WASHED BY PASTORS AND MULLAHS
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by dee02(m): 2:12pm On May 12, 2008
rotimy:

I ENJOYED THE COMMENTS. THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY. BUT NONE WILL EVER CHANGE MY LIFE because I AM HERE FOR CYBER FUN.
THE RELIGION SECTION IS AN EYE OPENER HOW EDUCATED PEOPLE CAN BE BRAIN WASHED BY PASTORS AND MULLAHS

I agree with you
what annoys me is the fact that people come on here talk about religion as if they were there when religions where created
i just hate brainwashed hypocrites and pretencious people!
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by PurestBoy(m): 2:25pm On May 12, 2008
Nairaland made me know the different kind of mad people we have in Nigeria.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Epiphany(m): 2:34pm On May 12, 2008
Dudes, Nairaland is like our own little constitutional conference, where everyone comes with his/her own greviance, complaint, contribution and suggestion to how Naija can be great again. Even though there are topics on issues not concerning Naija, the bottom line most times is how Naija is affected by events.
What has excited me the most is seeing how people still hold on to their little trivial issues and biases. It has shown me that we are still very TRIBALISTIC, SEXIST and SHORT SIGHTED. Ibo's don't like yoruba's and vice versa, hausa's don't like either of the two. Muslims speak 'evil' of christians while Christians do the same in return etc etc. The only difference here is that NAIRALAND has given everyone the opportunity to air his or her views without carrying guns or bombs (except where our brother, Seun's life, was threatened)
All said, it is a very good avenue to get views on what and how we as nigerians think and behave.
A BIG THANKS TO SEUN,
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by olamide5: 3:36pm On May 12, 2008
i really love to check on naira land cos it has really help to change my idea exposed me to several issues keep it up kudos
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by babycool(f): 3:38pm On May 12, 2008
Nairaland has made me to cry and laugh, i have learnt a lot, it has reshapened my mind on how to deal with people and wow!! i never knew we had lots of intelligent Nigerians, i have also met a lot of wonderful people, i am embarking on a small business with someone i met at nairaland.

Nairaland land is a total package for me.  smiley
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by iz2much: 3:44pm On May 12, 2008
No shit, i got sticks to the web wen bored,nothing special about Nairaland of a thing
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by mekk(m): 3:45pm On May 12, 2008
hey guys! let the truth be told,nairaland is fantastic forum for life change.it has helped me a great deal in searching for Info especially about our dear country.beliv me it really feels good to listen to you guys air your opinion on virtually every subject. I honestly have learnt alot from y'all, God bless the brain behind this concept, grin wink
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by favcom(m): 4:11pm On May 12, 2008
Changed my life? Only God can do that!!!
The site could be addictive sha grin grin
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Jamco45: 4:19pm On May 12, 2008
I have made millions through the different advices i read about on the famous stock market thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-31554.0.html
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by mamaput(f): 4:55pm On May 12, 2008
i am now the laughing stock of my children.
for getting banned.
well expect for my last daughter because she too has been banned from her site
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by mazaje(m): 5:13pm On May 12, 2008
Nairaland has help me in becoming an athiest, i used to be a bit skeptical about my religious beliefs for quite a long time, i learnt a lot from the religion section and i proceeded to do a lot of objective and extensive personal research about the major religions in the world, i read their history and how they evolved to become what they are now and came to the conclusion that they were all created by strong men to control weaker men by promising false hopes and inducing great fear. All religions are created out of the fear of the many and the cleverness of the few.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by talk2ahmed(m): 5:55pm On May 12, 2008
It takes away boredom from me
It gives me a forum to air my views ,with likely instant responses
It makes me feel more Nigerian
Its simply Unique
3 gbosas 2 Seun
3 gbosas 2 all nairalanders
3 gbosas 2 d nation called "Nigeria"
Imagine what it will be like if God had droped u in
Sudan!
Earthquake prone SE Asia
Immorality filled Western axis, Tsunami/Cyclone/Whirlwind/Crazy fire wat wat wat
Mugabe's Zimbabwe
Terror wired Middle East
Rape! Bombs! Murder!
Proud 2 b a Nairalander!
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Carlosein(m): 6:10pm On May 12, 2008
n/land has helped me know that another name for m.u.s.l.i.m is a great one and i.s.l.a.m, the great religion.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by delegiwa(m): 6:46pm On May 12, 2008
1. I met a very good tailor on this site and since then my shirt wahala has become a thing of the past.
2. I nearly sold all I had to "travel abroad" until I read Dele Momodu's piece on this site about that madman at DG airport
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by sheniqua: 6:56pm On May 12, 2008
Carlosein:

n/land has helped me know that another name for m.u.s.l.i.m is a great one and i.s.l.a.m, the great religion.

and Mo'hammad is the "great prophet"
ROFL.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Rebellious(f): 8:35pm On May 12, 2008
@topic,

No change at all. I just come here to pass the time like I do on Facebook.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by adeboo(f): 9:10pm On May 12, 2008
I have met some friends and liars on nairaland.
It has definately changed ma life.

I have learnt so much sha and its amazing, i have laughed and cried and laughed some more.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by naijacutee(f): 9:44pm On May 12, 2008
Nairaland re-united me with my long-lost cousin whom I had been estranged from for many many years!!!
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 12, 2008
Got some clues to my research in school in politics section cheesy
I haven't picked up a novel for like ever since Nairaland. It is now my passtime, otherwise I would have died from boredom, God forbid grin
The food section is a place to vent all the anger I have against some kinds of foods cheesy
The romance section-- at times annoyinng but funny all the same
I really like the literature section-- very cool unlike other sections wink
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by solazo: 11:08pm On May 12, 2008
[b]It is never a dull moment with nairaland. Although in my final year, i definately have enough info about my service year(next year) and job opportunities. AMEN
Is it the argument part, lastest info in naija, chelsea fans thread , O TI POJU JOOOOO
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by uche100(m): 1:11am On May 13, 2008
Can not really say much right now becuase i just started to come around.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Emad(f): 8:31am On May 13, 2008
nairaland has made me more relaxed,
when i have a hard day i get online and relax
i go to the jokes and laugh my stomach off

It has also enlightened me on so many social religious and politcal stuff
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by babaogun(m): 9:19am On May 13, 2008
@poster
i want to believe you set up this blog,

@all
Everyone would never get what they need or deserve from nairaland or life as a whole.
There would always be people who would never find nairaland useful, but i would tell you its a wonderful source of information and shared thoughts, especially for naijas in diaspora.
It has its serious, business like angle and can be comical/hilarious.

I always wished I came up with such a brilliant idea that metamorphosed into something like this.

Seun, this is a huge success, don’t rest on you oars though, there’s still lots to do, but I personally acknowledge this blog for breaking barriers.

I suggest you do a massive expansion drive asking for top class suggestions.

You can market this to industry: banks, telecoms, energy, retail/commercial businesses etc,
You need to make advertising money in order to improve the graphics, presentation, effects, functionality, templates etc,

The business section can be made more reliable so that we don’t have scams going on in nairaland, people doing business need to be fully registered for blogger protection.

I won’t go on and on, because the real advice would come at a cost, not also saying you are not thinking as well though.

Keep up with the good work.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by babaogun(m): 9:21am On May 13, 2008
Yeah, I also forgot, we can use nairaland to raise used items, new items, etc for charity…we still throw away a lot of our useful items forgetting people who need them more than the thrash can exist.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by TawaTemi1(f): 10:59am On May 13, 2008
Whenever am stressed in the office, I just go to the jokes, sports, Celebrity  and politics sections . By the time am through with posting and reading of replies, I can't help but to laugh, laugh and laugh until my eyes at times turns red and my colleagues imagined am crazy, or they just imagine what could have made this babe laugh like this?  grin

They sometimes join me in my laughter as I share the jokes or they move to my PC to read what makes me laugh. I love Nairaland and the fact that some guys on my favourite thread could be fighting for my love!

I love [size=30pt]Nairaland [/size] as much as I love [size=40pt]Facebook[/size]

Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by TawaTemi1(f): 11:02am On May 13, 2008
Its simply [size=40pt]FUN[/size] kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dashing Out Recharge Cards To Celebrate My 100th Thread On Nairaland. / 29 Killed In Potiskum-Kano Road Accident / Why Lagos Area-Boys Drink Ogogoro? (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.