Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,245 members, 7,880,914 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:04 AM

Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos (9371 Views)

Ajimobi's First-class schools in Oyo / Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State / Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by EkoIle1: 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2013
bloggernaija:

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/adeola-aderounmu/governor-fashola-finally-makes-his-presence-known-at-festac-grammar-school.html

Thanks, I was about to post that..

These village illiterates don't know their right fro left, they just jumped on the internet and copy/paste ignorant nonsense...
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by EkoIle1: 10:08pm On Jun 22, 2013
You village illiterates need to go back to the drawing board because you clown just lost this battle..

2 Likes

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by EkoIle1: 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
You village illiterates need to go back to the drawing board because you clown just lost this battle...

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by FSU: 10:11pm On Jun 22, 2013
Lagos school where students study under trees
On May 8, 2013

By Bose Adelaja

In case the Lagos State governor, Babatunde Fashola or his aides, are reading this piece, their attention is urgently needed at Community Secondary School, Bayeku in Ikorodu area of the State. Reason? The school is an academic embarrassment.

The Governor has repeatedly promised qualitative education to Lagosians with ‘’Adopt a School Project’’ initiative where private organisations and individuals are encouraged to give public schools a facelift. Since the inception of the initiative, many schools have benefitted immensely.

Examples are Community Senior Secondary School, Tafawa Balewa Crescent; Sari Secondary School, Sari Iganmu; Dolphin Senior High School, Lagos Island and Senior Secondary School, Keffi Ikoyi which can now compete favourably with their private counterparts in terms of basic amenities like functional laboratories and information technology, modern classrooms and toilet facilities, among others.
Please do not disturb!.... Open air class study in progress

Please do not disturb!…. Open air class study in progress

During Vanguard Metro’s visit to Dolphin Senior High School Lagos Island and Sari Secondary School, Sari-Iganmu, students and teachers were seen carrying out the day’s activities without stress as academic activities took place under a conducive environment; also, there was regular water and power supply in these schools.

But the reverse is the case at Community Secondary school, Bayeku in Ikorodu. The school is bogged down by challenges ranging from dilapidated school buildings, inadequate classrooms, non-functional library, laboratories, lavatories to late attendance of pupils to school.

Also, some structures in the school are so badly damaged that the urgent intervention of government is required to avoid further damages to the school.

The school which was founded on September 5, 1983 is dilapidated and no longer conducive for learning. With the recent 2013 weather forecast, the threat of rains has become a serious concern to students, parents and teachers, especially as learning and other activities usually come to a halt each time it rains.

Makeshift structures

Teachers and students still cannot forget the downpour of Sunday July 10, 2011 which caused the collapse of the perimeter fencing of the school, exposing them to the menace of street urchins. The school has only two buildings with leaking roofs. The buildings are complemented by some makeshift structures with few chairs and tables which cannot serve the number of students in the school. Due to shortage of classrooms, all JSS 1 and 3 students are forced to receive lectures under a tree, except during examinations when they have to swap with JSS 2 students who are entitled to some of the classrooms.

The rains have made learning very difficult for the students. Some students who spoke to VM said the last time it rained, both the students sitting under the trees and classrooms were drenched, leading to the suspension of academic activities for the day.

‘’In fact, some of us were moved from one ‘classroom’ to another which disrupted learning. The teachers were helpless as the situation forced them to stop teaching. Temporary respite came when some concerned citizens donated some building materials for construction of more classrooms but the effort was jeopardised due to inadequate fund.

As at the time of filing this report, the perimeter fencing of the school is yet to be reconstructed. Some neighbours who spoke with VM complained that some students now indulge in nefarious activities in and around the school. ‘’Their hideouts are uncompleted buildings and they use dangerous weapons freely,’’ said Mr and Mrs Segun Ayilara.

A proprietor of a private school, who pleaded anonymity, said some students of this school are cultists who visit his school with dangerous weapons to distrupt academic activities. ‘’We have reported them to the school authorities but the teachers are helpless as they are beaten up by the students at slightest opportunity,’’ he said.

When VM spoke with some of the students, they said they were already used to the situation as the school is the only high school in the community. Some of them also complained of sharp practices on the part of teachers which they said has added to the existing problems.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/lagos-school-where-students-study-under-trees/

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:12pm On Jun 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

How many times will u post this picture

2 Likes

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by amarilo: 10:17pm On Jun 22, 2013
Ucheosefoh: How many times will u post this picture
Those are not even school.
bloggernaija: List of Lagos state owned primary and secondary schools.
As you can see,
Fashola has more responsibility in education than the entire federal government plus PDP states combined.
Why not add Ghana, zimbabawe and angola for the combined. Fashola is feeding the whole world thatz why lagos school children are studing under the scotching sun of lagos.

Those are not even school.

2 Likes

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by bloggernaija: 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2013
However as an admirer of the prowess of fashola in the administering of Lagos state ,I will advise that headmaster should be given more powers to do basic things like repairs ,maintenance ,budget and guiding the conduct of staffs under the watchful eyes of a competent regulator.
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:22pm On Jun 22, 2013
Eko ile a man who ignore the community of rats at his house to raise alarm at the rats in another man's house not knowing the rats at his house is bigger and more populated than the rats at another man's man untill they destroy his properties that is when he will start looking for rat poison. I de laugh

3 Likes

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by amarilo: 10:24pm On Jun 22, 2013
Now that you are talking and not writing nonsense in defence of wickedness against innocent kids.

bloggernaija: However as an admirer of the prowess of fashola in the administering of Lagos state ,I will advise that headmaster should be given more powers to do basic things like repairs ,maintenance ,budget and guiding the conduct of staffs under the watchful eyes of a competent regulator.

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by ujoinme: 10:31pm On Jun 22, 2013
Eko Ile: You village illiterates need to go back to the drawing board because you clown just lost this battle..

LOL Eko ole fire on the mountain !
you know what to do! run run run......

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by ujoinme: 10:34pm On Jun 22, 2013
Eko ole, Your Oga at the top is going to fire you, if you cant find enough photgraph to counter the blitz of the true state of schools in their ACN enclave.
All that mouth where you the make about ACN Gov don end as all nairalanders have seen you for who you are.

2 Likes

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by rozayx5(m): 10:36pm On Jun 22, 2013

thanks, i thought it was only me who noticed it, Eko Ole has been using this pic to do online propaganda for these crooks in LASG, who ever believes his ideologies is on a long thing

taking picture of one school from different angles grin

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:45pm On Jun 22, 2013
This is simply man's inhumanity to man. Fashola should be hanged for this.

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by FSU: 10:47pm On Jun 22, 2013
more

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by amarilo: 10:53pm On Jun 22, 2013
Well I do not believe one bit that those schools are in Nigeriian hinterland talkless of lagos. Those pictures must be from Somali as you can see some students (Female) with head covering. My dear Africa when are we going to wake up.

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by FSU: 11:00pm On Jun 22, 2013
more lagos

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by FSU: 11:02pm On Jun 22, 2013
amarilo: Well I do not believe one bit that those schools are in Nigeriian hinterland talkless of lagos. Those pictures must be from Somali as you can see some students (Female) with head covering. My dear Africa when are we going to wake up.

See the private schools have copied from Fasola

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by qhiwegh(m): 11:04pm On Jun 22, 2013
How could the Lagos State Government possibly be responsible for the children of millions of non-indigenous Lagosians? The LASG is responsible only for Lagosians not for all of Nigeria or all of Africa. No state anywhere in Nigeria or even in the world could possibly accommodate so many NON-TAXPAYING residents.

We need to secure our borders so that illegal immigration stops. We need to develop other parts of Nigeria so that not every Nigerian feels compelled to go to Lagos to make a living.
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:05pm On Jun 22, 2013
rozayx5:

thanks, i thought it was only me who noticed it, Eko Ole has been using this pic to do online propaganda for these crooks in LASG, who ever believes his ideologies is on a long thing

taking picture of one school from different angles grin
His pay masters will build and renovate 5 schools while about 50 schools are dilapidated yet they will never let person rest with noise and propaganda. PDP are bad APC/ACN are not better we shall stop decieving ourselves our leaders only have their selfish interest and we are foolishly fighting ourselves for them instead forcing them to do their responsibilities and we are busy witch hunting other peoples leaders when our own are not better. I tire for our youths.

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by FSU: 11:07pm On Jun 22, 2013
qhiwegh: How could the Lagos State Government possibly be responsible for the children of millions of non-indigenous Lagosians? The LASG is responsible only for Lagosians not for all of Nigeria or all of Africa. No state anywhere in Nigeria or even in the world could possibly accommodate so many NON-TAXPAYING residents.

We need to secure our borders so that illegal immigration stops. We need to develop other parts of Nigeria so that not every Nigerian feels compelled to go to Lagos to make a living.
Yeah! All the kids are non-Yoruba. Even those in Osun, Oyo, Ogun are non-Yoruba (see photos on other threads). Shameless Yoruba man living as a refugee in Peckham, London.

3 Likes

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by Gboliwe: 11:12pm On Jun 22, 2013
So what is fashola doing that he is being hailed? Is it all sycophancy? SMH at the dilapidated structures and total decay in Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:26pm On Jun 22, 2013
qhiwegh: How could the Lagos State Government possibly be responsible for the children of millions of non-indigenous Lagosians? The LASG is responsible only for Lagosians not for all of Nigeria or all of Africa. No state anywhere in Nigeria or even in the world could possibly accommodate so many NON-TAXPAYING residents.

See stupid and myopic excuse an educated person is using to defend the inability of LASU providing basic education for its citizens imagin Obama giving the same lame excuse for not providing basic education because of heavy inflow of millions of illegal and legal immigrants who enter America every year seeking for better life. Guy after reading ur comment I gave up

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by tsomething: 11:38pm On Jun 22, 2013
bloggernaija: List of Lagos state owned primary and secondary schools.
As you can see,
Fashola has more responsibility in education than the entire federal government plus PDP states combined.
To add to the insult, most of the students are not even indigens of Lagos state and many are not from the southwest .
Many folks run from their run down villages to come and enjoy basic social services in the SW and the OP should have done his homework before putting up pictures that does not represent the true state of the schools or location.neither does he show the effort being out to get hold of the arbitrary way in which people abuse the regulations of Lagos state .
I believe that the Lagos state government is keyed into social networks like nairaland.
If you want to criticise ,go ahead and show truly abandoned schools and projects .it generate a response from a good administration like fashola's.
There are more government school alimosho LCDA than in the entire akwa iboms state(which shares about the same lvl of revenue as Lagos state) .
What fashola has done with the budget handicap that he has is nothing short of a miracle.
The budget of lagos state is less than the budget of NY fire department .pana pana.
It is practically impossible for the government to guarantee that every rot in Lagos from the locust years to be wiped off.
List of Lagos state owned primary and secondary school
http://www.lagosekoproject.org/our-work-details.php?id=19

Just shut up if you don't have anything sensible to post . A man spends 499 billion annually for 14 years , yet you still have this kind of schools and you are here making excuses for him. You are a bloody hypocrite and shameless also

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by timifakay(m): 11:48pm On Jun 22, 2013
'Rome was not built in a day.' If it was i'm sure all the active ACN governors would use the same method. Why not promote the goods of the administration you support instead of pulling others down. A saying goes thus: 'he who holds others down shall also not rise'.
Thank you
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by tsomething: 11:50pm On Jun 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

After all these pictures of world class schools in Lagos clearly labelled with locations, all you could come up with is this picture of an uncompleted building. You should be burying your head in between your sweat soaked balls in shame, but I forgot your already mad and mad men don't have shame

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by tsomething: 11:54pm On Jun 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo: This is simply man's inhumanity to man. Fashola should be hanged for this.

Not just hanged , but hanged from his balls
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by EkoIle1: 11:55pm On Jun 22, 2013
t-something:

After all these pictures of world class schools in Lagos clearly labelled with locations, all you could come up with is this picture of an uncompleted building. You should be burying your head in between your sweat soaked balls in shame, but I forgot your already mad and mad men don't have shame

Oponu villager, I have to give you location for you to know they are schools for school children or that alters the fact that it countered your dumb rubbish...?

Don't get mad because I burst your balloon...supo arego mu

Your incompetent governors after many years than Fashola in office are yet to build one single classroom or even one dog cage.....lmao

What a dullard...
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by tsomething: 12:06am On Jun 23, 2013
timifakay: 'Rome was not built in a day.' If it was i'm sure all the active ACN governors would use the same method. Why not promote the goods of the administration you support instead of pulling others down. A saying goes thus: 'he who holds others down shall also not rise'.
Thank you

Shut up. Rome wasn't built in a day but after 14yrs with less than $1mill annually , the Roman empire had started taking shape and conquering other empires. Lagos state has spent $3.2billion annually for 14yrs and we still see these kind of schools in their domain. Not only should the governor be hanged by the balls, you should be shut in the eye for spewing such rubbish defense for a fraudstar

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by EkoIle1: 12:07am On Jun 23, 2013
t-something:

[s]Shut up. Rome wasn't built in a day but after 14yrs with less than $1mill annually , the Roman empire had started taking shape and conquering other empires. Lagos state has spent $3.2billion annually and we still see these kind of schools in their domain. Not only should the governor be hanged by the balls, you should be shut in the eye for spewing such rubbish defense for a fraudstar [/s]

But below...

Your incompetent governors after many years than Fashola in office are yet to build one single classroom or even one dog cage.....lmao
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by Garrithe1st: 12:15am On Jun 23, 2013
Eko Ile has proved that Fashola buillt some new schools.

However the "Akpans" and "Ubongs" couldn't produce a sigle photograph of Akpabio's schools.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by tsomething: 12:16am On Jun 23, 2013
Eko Ile:

Oponu villager, I have to give you location for you to know they are schools for school children or that alters the fact that it countered your dumb rubbish...?

Don't get mad because I burst your balloon...supo arego mu

What a dullard...

Hahahaha ! Have you forgot you mischievously posted some schools in Akwa Ibom and they look far better than the one Fashola' wife proudly commissioned and even posed for pictures inside the world class school .

I think you should work hard at trying to redeem any shred of image left for your pay-masters because they are being battered on multiple fronts and this is month end. seems no salary for you boss . I feel you pain bro .

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by tsomething: 12:27am On Jun 23, 2013

Shut up! They should be responsible for Lagosians alone, but they can collect revenue and taxes from non-Lagosians? Boko Haram suppose drive a 3 inch nail through your left eye for spewing such rubbish defense on a public forum

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Minister Can’t Call Off Strike, Doctors Insist / Attention Seun And Whoever It May Concern. / Ohaneze Ndigbo Wades Into Feud Between Gov Umahi And Anyim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.