Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,966 members, 7,949,290 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 05:14 AM

Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State (5006 Views)

Ajimobi's First-class schools in Oyo / Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos / Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by timifakay(m): 7:52am On Jun 23, 2013
salaksmana: No, I corrected another impression you people are trying build in people's mind, that is your modus operandi.
Who are the people? What is the impression they are building?
I speak from my viewpoint only, not for any 'people'.
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 23, 2013
timifakay:
Who are the people? What is the impression they are building?
I speak from my viewpoint only, not for any 'people'.
Ok, thought you are one of the O'liars
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by emiye(m): 9:58am On Jun 23, 2013
timifakay:

If you ask me i‘ll say what makes you a pessimst is being more concerned about those who will jailbreak than about those whom it will help study harder and perform better in exama then make it big in life nd comw back to build up their alma matter if well brought up by their parents to give back to the society.

Thanks my bro, how can some one focus on something like that to condemn the initiative, the odds that those kids will successfully "jail break" the tablet is low. Opon imo has also created jobs for residents of osun, as they will be involved in the assembly of the tablet, revenues will also be made as private schools who are interested can now buy from the state.
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by emiye(m): 10:04am On Jun 23, 2013
salaksmana: Stop lying, it is not good or maybe you mean ''will be distributed''. You said it can never be jailbroken I said it can, so what makes me a pessimist or opposition. In case you all don't know, almost a month after commissioning Odidere fm, the radio station is yet to operate for just a second. All we are saying is stop making NOISE and telling LIES, do whatever you want to do and leave.

Look at you , Mr PDP osun, "do whatever you want to do and leave" ,i can see you are bitter, you cant hide it well enough. For your information, Aregbesola is not leaving any time soon, you will have to stay bitter for a long time, He will be handing over on Nov. 2018.

Prove that the tablet can be jail broken if you can, have you jail broke one ?, criminal !
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by teemlo: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2013
FSU: Aregbe abandons christian missionary school
That is ETF building, it was built around 90s
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by mayorall(m): 12:36pm On Jun 23, 2013
Haaaaa op why u dey deceive Nigerians. Abeg stop all ds lies. Am a student of Osun state university, am staying in Town. All this pics from the op are fakes, you people can also see from the uniform, Osun schools are now under construction with appropriate fixed capacity per schools so all the schools are currently using same uniform cos of the merging, op pics were during Oyinlola's regime. My brother, if you see the completed ones, I swear u ft komot ur pkin frm private school. Osun schools are now modernised, no renovation at all na reconstruction I swear. This lies dey pain me enta my bone. Anyway, Osun Adara o.
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by lateef4me(m): 4:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
Aregbesola's noise is too much and has performed below standard...
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by olivertwist: 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2013
mayorall: Haaaaa op why u dey deceive Nigerians. Abeg stop all ds lies. Am a student of Osun state university, am staying in Town. All this pics from the op are fakes, you people can also see from the uniform, Osun schools are now under construction with appropriate fixed capacity per schools so all the schools are currently using same uniform cos of the merging, op pics were during Oyinlola's regime. My brother, if you see the completed ones, I swear u ft komot ur pkin frm private school. Osun schools are now modernised, no renovation at all na reconstruction I swear. This lies dey pain me enta my bone. Anyway, Osun Adara o.

Wow! Thanks for the info wink
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by gbadexy(m): 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2013
The heat is on osun state government now.
The WAEC result of the students had better be good to justify his opon imo initiative.
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by ujoinme: 5:54pm On Jun 23, 2013
Eko Ile:

Better than 8 years in government Akpabio below with almost 3 times Osun's budget..

The joker didn't even build one single classroom..

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/318750_Direct_labourSchools_jpg22d05f5d101c3181a058c203291a22d5[/img]

smh...

I bet you the students and teachers of St peters primary school A in Ilesha,St stephens school C in Modakeke and many more Osun schools will be pleased to have these classroom blocks that Akpabio built.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by FSU: 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
mayorall: Haaaaa op why u dey deceive Nigerians. Abeg stop all ds lies. Am a student of Osun state university, am staying in Town. All this pics from the op are fakes, you people can also see from the uniform, Osun schools are now under construction with appropriate fixed capacity per schools so all the schools are currently using same uniform cos of the merging, op pics were during Oyinlola's regime. My brother, if you see the completed ones, I swear u ft komot ur pkin frm private school. Osun schools are now modernised, no renovation at all na reconstruction I swear. This lies dey pain me enta my bone. Anyway, Osun Adara o.

You are a shameless, albeit small-time, liar.
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by mayorall(m): 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2013
FSU:

You are a shameless, albeit small-time, liar.

You are the liar here. I dont think you've being to this state since Aregbesola took over from your dubious Governor. The pics you posted were during Oyinlola's regime. You guys can see from the picture, all Osun schools are now using just only two school uniforms cos of the merging. Please stop lying to the world about Osun state. Am a student of Osun state university and am currently in Osun. Check my profile for more details.
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by Gbawe: 7:13pm On Jun 23, 2013

Dude, don't let it bother you. I think stakeholders should not feel the need to prove anything to anyone beyond what you have done here i.e giving eyewitness version of the on-the-ground reality. If you are genuinely enjoying progress and socio-economic improvements, then nothing hateful non-stakeholders say can affect that.
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by EkoIle1: 7:17pm On Jun 23, 2013
mayorall:

You are the liar here. I dont think you've being to this state since Aregbesola took over from your dubious Governor. The pics you posted were during Oyinlola's regime. You guys can see from the picture, all Osun schools are now using just only two school uniforms cos of the merging. Please stop lying to the world about Osun state. Am a student of Osun state university and am currently in Osun. Check my profile for more details.

You are dealing with ignorant trolls so try not to take them too seriously. Trolls don't debate facts or deal with facts because it's never their intention to do so, they just troll because they are trolls.

Leave them alone or treat them like trolls..

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by Gbawe: 9:38pm On Jun 23, 2013
olivertwist:

Wow! Thanks for the info wink

My brother, the way many Nigerians are now casually hateful towards others is worrying. This is why Senator Chukwumerije, the Chairman of the Senate committee on education, asked all Nigerian leaders to "drop their ego" and learn from Aregbesola. The man knows Nigerians to understand many are consumed with bad belle, bad mind and the egotistic pettiness of never giving credit where due let alone be humble enough to learn from others. How many know that Aregbesola, in the tiny State of Osun, provides for over half of the total population of all children eating nutritious school meals in Nigeria?

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=105336

Aregbesola fights poverty with O’Meal, (‘Ounje Aregbe’)

Posted by: Seun Akioye

There were grim statistics for Nigeria from the recently released “State of School Feeding Worldwide Report”, compiled by the World Food Programme (WFP).

The report, launched at the United Nations headquarters in New York, indicated that only one out of five school children get a healthy school meal in developing countries. The report also presented a gloomy picture of Nigeria’s school feeding programme highlighting that less than 500,000 school children get a decent meal in school. In that report, Nigeria and Cameroon shared the ignoble position of coming last.

In 2004, Nigeria began a pilot project of Home Grown School Feeding and Health Programme (HGSFHP) which was part of the Universal Basic Education Programme. It was designed to feed pupils in elementary public schools. But out of the 13 states that participated in the programme, only one state remained committed to the continued implementation and improvement of the project: The state is Osun.

The state governor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola has been developing a simple theory with his re-organised school feeding programme in the state. For him, providing nutritious and healthy meals in schools has a direct link to mental development and the eradication of poverty.

Therefore when in April 2012, he decided to review the school feeding programme with a bigger and better menu, he targeted not just the children but also the farmers in the state. The Osun Elementary School Feeding and Health Programme (O’Meals), which was the result of the new thinking in the state has since surpassed most of its main objectives.
One of the cardinal points of O’Meals is to increase enrollment and retention of school children in state primary schools.

Within four weeks of the commencement of the programme however, school enrollment has jumped about 25 per cent in government primary schools. By June 30, 2012, enrollment increased from 155,318,000 to 194,253 from primaries 1-3.
Basking in the euphoria of this success, the state government promptly widened the scope and included primary 4 in the scheme. The state now feeds a total of 252,793,000 students daily at the annual cost of N3billion. From the report of the WFP, Osun State accounts for more than half of the total number of children getting healthy and nutritious school meals in Nigeria.

The operation officer of O’meal, Mrs. Bunmi Ayoola, said the programme has achieved and surpassed its objectives of increasing school enrollment in the state. She said the government also ensures that the food is prepared in a healthy and neat environment.

“Balanced diet helps in developing the brain’s capacity as well as cognitive response index of each child and it plays a major role in ensuring that children assimilate learning instructions fast and well,’’ she said.
Fighting poverty and increasing enterprise
But increased enrollment was not the only intention of the Osun State government; reduction of poverty and boosting small and medium scale enterprise were also key points in the school feeding programme. According to the Deputy Governor, Mrs. Grace Titilayo Laoye-Tomori, the rebirth of the school feeding programme has had a positive impact on farmers.

“As part of six points integral action plan of the state government to banish hunger, create employment and education for all; the school feeding programme has increased the enrollment of the pupils by 25 per cent within the two weeks of re-introduction, allowed farmers to engage in massive food production and encouraged learning in primary schools. Let me tell you that 80 per cent of food production by the farmers in the State will be used for feeding of our kids in the programme”.

The deputy governor revealed that over 900 cocoyam farmers have been empowered by the government.
“In order to ensure that the programme is sustained, we have encouraged our farmers to go into massive production of fish and chicken with which to feed the pupils. We have also directed our farmers to go into massive production of plantain, banana and very soon we are thinking on the possibility of going into massive production of rice and establish rice mills across the state to encourage our farmers,” she said.

More than 3,000 women in the state have also been empowered to serve as the food vendors. The vendors are well kitted with modern cooking utensils and bowls at the cost of N152 million to the state government. One of the vendors, Mrs. Esther Ogundipe said the programme has empowered her family. “Aregbesola has added value to my life; I am no more a housewife,’’ she said.

Today, according to the state government, 15,000 whole chickens are sourced weekly from local poultry farmers; 254,000 eggs sourced weekly; 35 heads of cattle purchased weekly from local cattle farmers and 400 tonnes of catfish purchased weekly from local fish farmers.

Even though some have criticised the enormous cost of the programme, the WFP said even in developed country, the amount spent by government on school meals is a worthy investment for the future.
“This will help raise healthy adults for the future, it is a worthy investment by any government,” the world body said.
At mid-day on any school day, the bell rang; food vendors immaculately dressed began to make preparations for the feeding of their wards. All across the state, the same process is repeated at every primary school. Meals like Yam Porridge, bread soaked in a steaming red stew with chicken to garnish, beans porridge and vegetables, all complemented with fruits were handed over to 250,000 children. In Osun schools, time for break means time for “Ounje Aregbe.”
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by sincerenigerian1: 1:42am On Jun 24, 2013
God bless Aregbeshola,God bless APC... cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by Yeske2(m): 5:33am On Jun 24, 2013
mayorall:

Get pix of those schools FSU posted and let's see their current state, no be fight.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by wirinet(m): 7:32am On Jun 24, 2013
I can't quarrel with the argumentthat the dilapidated schools are old schools and that Aregbesola would rebuild most of them. What I disagree with is opon imo tablets. I sell tablets and I know that they are too fragile for students. They screen breaks easily and it needs to be charged often to be of any use(considering the deplorable power condition). I am sure 1year after supplying the tablets, very few would still be working.

Besides a tablet without an internet connection is almost useless because you need internet to download applications (softwares) and update the applications. so how are the students going to get the softwares they need.

Then who says the tablet cannot be jail broken (rooted), all you need is the required application.

A better alternative is to build computer centers and modern libraries with desk top computers as desk tops are cheaper, more powerful and practically indestructible.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 24, 2013
Yeske!:
Get pix of those schools FSU posted and let's see their current state, no be fight.
That's what we always asked for but they won't provide any and if at all they will provide one it will be that of Salvation Army school that is completed and others that are still under construction since last year. Yes, it is true that those schools were there before he came to office, but stop making it seems as if all has changed to new and the former government did nothing. Incase you don't know some schools are using another school's facility to operate because there school has been demolished and new one has not been built, you can imagine the congestion yourself. Mark my words very well and do your findings, THERE IS NO PUBLIC SCHOOL IN OSUN STATE THAT OYINLOLA's ADMINISTRATION DID NOT ERECT AT LEAST A STRUCTURE. Either by the local chairmen or house of assembly members. Today is June 24 and some workers are yet to collect May salary, he paid them that of January and February in March, throughout the time of Oyinlola was there any time workers were treated like that? Stop peddling lies and criticising former government's regime, its 2.5years already, we should be more concern with your government and not the former one.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 24, 2013
Opon Imo was launched three times, what type of government does that?
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by GenSpecific: 8:32am On Jun 24, 2013
osun mumus
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by 4Willywilly: 10:09am On Jun 24, 2013
Gen. Specific:
osun mumus
Osun nice ooo
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:32am On Jun 24, 2013
mayorall:

From using the same uniform to using two uniforms, We now know who the liar is.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:46am On Jun 24, 2013

Why all this long talk? A picture, they say speaks more than a thousand words. Since you are in Isun, why not go out there and get pictures of current state of things so as to counter the op's claims.

And since you are a student of Osun state university, you'll do us a lot of good by starting with pics of your Uni.
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo:
And since you are a student of Osun state university, you'll do us a lot of good by starting with pics of your Uni.
What? You are joking, what will he snap? There school is exactly the same way Oyinlola left it, he reduced there school fees sha.
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by mayorall(m): 3:01pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

From using the same uniform to using two uniforms, We now know who the liar is.

Na wa o. One for primary and the other for secondary. Hmm now I know bad belle full here.
Re: Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 24, 2013
mayorall:

Na wa o. One for primary and the other for secondary. Hmm now I know bad belle full here.
Is that what you meant by two uniform? Then you don't know anything about the state because its actually three.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Was Found In This Keke's Driver Ride (photo) / Pictures Yoruba Leaders And Eze Ndiigbo During Election / I Think This Is The Change We Seek (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.