Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,416 members, 7,974,702 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 10:01 AM

Bank Account Number Portability: Your View - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Bank Account Number Portability: Your View (765 Views)

If U Want To Change Your Bank Account, Start Changing People's Live;it Works! / Can One Have 2 Cscs Account Number Fro Different Stockbrokers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Account Number Portability: Your View by hopefullman: 11:04pm On Jun 22, 2013
Since the introduction of mobile number portability by the NCC, i have been thinking of how possible it is for us to port to other banks without loosing our bank account numbers. some banks services are extremely poor but some customers are still stucked with those banks for obvious reasons. Do you think introduction of account number portability by the CBN can make the banks improve their services? share your views.
Re: Bank Account Number Portability: Your View by valdubem(m): 11:52pm On Jun 22, 2013
Hell yES! It will make Banks like Access (sorry for d name) improve their services. Can't wait for Mallam to copy that policy from NCC.
Re: Bank Account Number Portability: Your View by Afam4eva(m): 11:59pm On Jun 22, 2013
The sole reason why the mobile number portability came about was because a lot of people wanted to retain the number that people knew them by. So, i don't see how this will work for bank accounts. You can have as many bank accounts as you want, so there's really no need for portability.
Re: Bank Account Number Portability: Your View by valdubem(m): 1:02am On Jun 23, 2013
Afam4eva: The sole reason why the mobile number portability came about was because a lot of people wanted to retain the number that people knew them by. So, i don't see how this will work for bank accounts. You can have as many bank accounts as you want, so there's really no need for portability.

Afam who said there's no need for that??
Let's assume BusinessMan A wants to Port from Bank A to Bank B (because of poor service) he still want to retain his account number because its virtually impossible for him to start all over-again sending new account number to all his business associates and partners (who Might think he's an unserious/incompetent business fellow); is this reason not OK enough?

*there are also numerous other reasons for Bank portability*
Re: Bank Account Number Portability: Your View by Afam4eva(m): 1:06am On Jun 23, 2013
val_dubem:

Afam who said there's no need for that??
Let's assume BusinessMan A wants to Port from Bank A to Bank B (because of poor service) he still want to retain his account number because its virtually impossible for him to start all over-again sending new account number to all his business associates and partners; is this reason not OK enough?

*there are also numerous other reasons for Bank portability*
The probability that you will send money to someone's account without asking the person if He/She still uses that account is less likely. I don't just send money to people's account without informing them that i'm doing so and if i should go ahead and use that particular account.
Re: Bank Account Number Portability: Your View by valdubem(m): 1:14am On Jun 23, 2013
^ that you ask people before paying money into their account/s dosent mean other people (espcially busy/rich people) do. Rich/busy people don't need account confirmation before paying money into their biz partner/associates accounts.

But seriously, it looks childish if you wake up someday and start sending new account numbers to ur biz partners because you've closed the account you are known with (just because the bank's services is too bad). I think the best bet is to just PORT and save yourself the embarrasment.

1 Like

Re: Bank Account Number Portability: Your View by fortunejum: 5:39am On Jun 23, 2013
Let us watch and see.
Re: Bank Account Number Portability: Your View by hopefullman: 8:25pm On Jun 23, 2013
val_dubem: ^ that you ask people before paying money into their account/s dosent mean other people (espcially busy/rich people) do. Rich/busy people don't need account confirmation before paying money into their biz partner/associates accounts.

But seriously, it looks childish if you wake up someday and start sending new account numbers to ur biz partners because you've closed the account you are known with (just because the bank's services is too bad). I think the best bet is to just PORT and save yourself the embarrasment.
yea u're rit.my bank<name witheld> services is very por bt i dnt want d accnt 2be closd cos a lot of my family members hav d acc no.changin it wl be sucidal 4me
Re: Bank Account Number Portability: Your View by otokx(m): 4:57am On Jun 25, 2013
Nice theoretical idea

(1) (Reply)

Real Estate; the Best Investment.. / Advertise Your Business To 1M Nigerians / Appeal To Delta State Government To Save The People Living At Ozo Okeke Street.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.