Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,297 members, 7,947,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 07:20 PM

Pep Guardiola Unveiled As Bayern Munich Coach - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Pep Guardiola Unveiled As Bayern Munich Coach (464 Views)

Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager / Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach / Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pep Guardiola Unveiled As Bayern Munich Coach by futbolman: 12:26pm On Jun 24, 2013

Pep Guardiola has revealed that Bayern Munich's rich history and the quality of their current squad were the main reasons for him accepting the Bavarians' offer.

The 42-year-old signed a three-year deal with Bayern back in January as he replaces Jupp Heynckes at the helm starting this summer and he's keen to replicate last season's results - which saw the club win an historic treble - in the years to come.

During his unveiling today, the Spaniard said: "I decided to join Bayern because of the players and the club's history. They're one of the best teams in the world,".

"I am ready to return to football. This is a new challenge for me. My time at Barcelona was wonderful, but I needed a new challenge. Bayern Munich have given me that opportunity.

"I have to accept that people will make comparisons [to 2012-13]. A coach is always under a lot of pressure at a big team. I realise that's the case here as well, but I'm happy to take on that responsibility.

"I take charge of a team that's had an amazing season. They won four titles, the treble and the German supercup against Borussia Dortmund."

"I must accept the comparison," Guardiola, dressed in a dapper three-piece grey suit and burgundy tie, told an overflowing news conference at the club's Allianz Arena.

"I have to be able to live with that. I am under pressure, of course, but I know this and I accept this challenge without fear and that is why I am the coach," he said.

"Guardiola says his German teacher could not accompany him to presentation because she is a Dortmund fan."

When quizzed about the Barcelona v Bayern match in the semis of the Champions Leageue last season, he said "That was not the real difference between the two teams." Common Pep, even a blind could see the difference. Your loyalty to Barcelona shouldn't make you not objective.

Bayern's first Bundesliga game with Guardiola at the helm will be the match against Borussia Monchengladbach on August 10.

http://futbolgist.com/2013/06/24/pep-guardiola-unveiled-as-bayern-munich-coach/

Pep can you beat what Jupp Heynckes has done?
Re: Pep Guardiola Unveiled As Bayern Munich Coach by Coldplayz2(m): 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
futbolman:

Pep can you beat what Jupp Heynckes has done?

@futbolman can you give me your email, we could do business 2geda bro
Re: Pep Guardiola Unveiled As Bayern Munich Coach by futbolman: 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2013
Coldplayz2:

@futbolman can you give me your email, we could do business 2geda bro

Sent you a nairaland mail request, check your mailbox.
Re: Pep Guardiola Unveiled As Bayern Munich Coach by Coldplayz2(m): 9:40pm On Jun 24, 2013
Yeah did you get my mail??....still waiting 4 ur reply
Re: Pep Guardiola Unveiled As Bayern Munich Coach by futbolman: 2:16pm On Jun 25, 2013
Coldplayz2: Yeah did you get my mail??....still waiting 4 ur reply
contactus@futbolgist.com

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Players Lose Confidence At Chelsea? / Europe’s Top Clubs Spend Billions In Player Bonanza / Manchester United With An Excuse ''Van Persie'' Will Not Play Against Liverpool?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.