Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:03 AM

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? (1392 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by sexymoma(f): 4:09pm On Jun 24, 2013
My favorite are, song Of Solomon 1 VERSE 2:Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine., 1 cor 11 VERSE 6: For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head., Heb 13 VERSE 4:Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge., 1 Cor 6 VERSE 13:You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by nedu2000(m): 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2013
Galatians 6:7..."Don't be deceived,for God is not mocked,whatever a man sow,he shall reap"

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by Mudley313: 6:21pm On Jun 24, 2013
My Favorites:

Genocide

1 Samuel 15:3

3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

women? innocent children?? even animals na wah for baba bible god oh

Slavery

1 Peter 2:18-20

18 Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 19 For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God. 20 But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.

not only does these verses endorses the act of slavery, but the abuse and suffering that comes with it is also commendable before baba bible god...no wonder africans who endured the worse during the transatlantic slave trade now carry white mans imposed religion for head even pass their slave masters

Human Sacrifice

Judges 11 30-34

30 And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands,31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.”34 When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of timbrels! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, “Oh no, my daughter! You have brought me down and I am devastated. I have made a vow to the Lord that I cannot break.”

we all know from genesis 8 20-21 to exodus 29 18 that baba bible god loves the aroma of burning flesh; from the above verse, dat nigga don't mind human flesh as well

Baby Bashing

Psalm 137:9

"Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks." see also (Numbers 31:17), (Exodus 11:4-5), (2 Samuel 12:11-14), (Isaiah 13:15-18), (2 Kings 2:23-24) for baba bible gods lust for slaughtering innocent children

OP, hope you enjoyed my favorite bible verses. Note: none of these verses have been altered whatsoever

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by UyiIredia(m): 6:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
Pro 4:7 - "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom, and in all thy getting, get understanding."
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by nedu2000(m): 6:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
@mudley313,so what's ur point?
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by Mudley313: 8:57pm On Jun 24, 2013
nedu2000: @mudley313,so what's ur point?

no point...original poster asked what our favorite bible passages were and i simply quoted mine, word-for-word...or you got a problem with the "infallible" word of god

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by nedu2000(m): 10:07pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mudley313:

no point...original poster asked what our favorite bible passages were and i simply quoted mine, word-for-word...or you got a problem with the "infallible" word of god
the bible passages U̶̲̥̅̊ picked out were obviously sarcastically made to make the bible & christianity look like an evil union,which of cause it isn't,isn't it same bible that talked about forgiveness,mercy,love? P.S: correction!! its ".....infallible word of God" upper cased,lolzz
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by Mudley313: 3:36am On Jun 25, 2013
nedu2000: the bible passages U̶̲̥̅̊ picked out were obviously sarcastically made to make the bible & christianity look like an evil union,which of cause it isn't,isn't it same bible that talked about forgiveness,mercy,love? P.S: correction!! its ".....infallible word of God" upper cased,lolzz

...and that is why they're my favorites: cos they expose the bible and bible god as a sick sadistic monster; nothing sarcastic about it...unless you yourself do not believe in the words written in the bible inspired by god; and why are you more bothered about semantics? is it written anywhere in the bible that it should be upper case or lower case g? after you call yourself christian and you're more bothered by trivial stuff not in the bible but try to dismiss the despicable stuff actually written in it
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:21am On Jun 25, 2013
My favourite passages are censored on nairaland. It involves fathers forcing their daughters to be gang-banged analy by crazy gay men.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by sylve11: 7:27am On Jun 25, 2013
Galatian 6:7 " Do not be deceived, for the Almighty God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soul he shall reap". @ Uyi Iredia, i still go with urs also. cool
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by UyiIredia(m): 7:43am On Jun 25, 2013
sylve11: Galatian 6:7 " Do not be deceived, for the Almighty God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soul he shall reap". @ Uyi Iredia, i still go with urs also. cool

Okay smiley
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by sexymoma(f): 8:50am On Jun 25, 2013
Mudley313: My Favorites:

Genocide

1 Samuel 15:3

3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

women? innocent children?? even animals na wah for baba bible god oh

Slavery

1 Peter 2:18-20

18 Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 19 For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God. 20 But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.

not only does these verses endorses the act of slavery, but the abuse and suffering that comes with it is also commendable before baba bible god...no wonder africans who endured the worse during the transatlantic slave trade now carry white mans imposed religion for head even pass their slave masters

Human Sacrifice

Judges 11 30-34

30 And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands,31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.”34 When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of timbrels! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, “Oh no, my daughter! You have brought me down and I am devastated. I have made a vow to the Lord that I cannot break.”

we all know from genesis 8 20-21 to exodus 29 18 that baba bible god loves the aroma of burning flesh; from the above verse, dat nigga don't mind human flesh as well

Baby Bashing

Psalm 137:9

"Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks." see also (Numbers 31:17), (Exodus 11:4-5), (2 Samuel 12:11-14), (Isaiah 13:15-18), (2 Kings 2:23-24) for baba bible gods lust for slaughtering innocent children

OP, hope you enjoyed my favorite bible verses. Note: none of these verses have been altered whatsoever
Are you for Him(God) or Just Mocking Him(God).... SMH
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by nedu2000(m): 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: My favourite passages are censored on nairaland. It involves fathers forcing their daughters to be gang-banged analy by crazy gay men.
hmmmm,I'm gonna 'ave a tough time here,but I bet its an old testament portion,the new testament is a 'new convenant' with God. We should understand that we are limited in our thinking & understanding,how much of the universe have we seen?how much of history have we wittnessed?how does it feel to die?what comes after death?can U̶̲̥̅̊ count the sand in the desert or the stars in the sky?can we explain why 'good' people still suffer?All these questions can't be answered or understood by any human being but from an omni-present,omini-science being.......U̶̲̥̅̊ have nothing to lose by acknowledging Him
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by nedu2000(m): 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: My favourite passages are censored on nairaland. It involves fathers forcing their daughters to be gang-banged analy by crazy gay men.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2013
nedu2000: hmmmm,I'm gonna 'ave a tough time here,but I bet its an old testament portion,the new testament is a 'new convenant' with God. We should understand that we are limited in our thinking & understanding,how much of the universe have we seen?how much of history have we wittnessed?how does it feel to die?what comes after death?can U̶̲̥̅̊ count the sand in the desert or the stars in the sky?can we explain why 'good' people still suffer?All these questions can't be answered or understood by any human being but from an omni-present,omini-science being.......U̶̲̥̅̊ have nothing to lose by acknowledging Him

This is why you are still a christian: you haven't read your bible yet.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by truthislight: 7:56am On Jun 26, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

This is why you are still a christian: you haven't read your bible yet.

That is why you keep moving from atheist to satanism since the message of the bible flew over your head when you said you were a christian.

Your mind is playing tricks on you.

While you think with your dick while reading the bible what did you expect ?

cool
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by Mudley313: 8:10am On Jun 26, 2013
sexymoma: Are you for Him(God) or Just Mocking Him(God).... SMH

mocking him? see me see trouble o...i quote bible verses word-for-word una dey complain; abi will u be happier if i would twist the word of god? mtchew...christians of nowadays...SMH 2x

Deuteronomy 4:2
"do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the lord your god that I give you."
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:25am On Jun 26, 2013
truthislight:

That is why you keep moving from atheist to satanism since the message of the bible flew over your head when you said you were a christian.

Your mind is playing tricks on you.

While you think with your dick while reading the bible what did you expect ?

cool

You can't move from atheism to Satanism. It's like saying I'm moving from Eko to Lagos, or I'm flying from the world to Earth. Makes no sense.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by Mudley313: 9:18am On Jun 26, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

You can't move from atheism to Satanism. It's like saying I'm moving from Eko to Lagos, or I'm flying from the world to Earth. Makes no sense.

for your mind now, you think say you make sense...satanism is the belief/worship of satan; atheism is a lack of belief in a deity...satan/lucifer/the devil (in the bible) is a christian invention and so is their god yahweh; since atheist don't believe in their god why would they believe in satan? i guess that's christian rationality for ya....

so, not believing satan exists in the first place counts as actively worshiping satan; and also, having never watched a single basketball game in your entire life counts as being an L.A. Lakers fan?

oh, i get it...atheists are under his evil influence don't ya know. *rollseye*
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:45am On Jun 26, 2013
Mudley313:

for your mind now, you think say you make sense...satanism is the belief/worship of satan; atheism is a lack of belief in a deity...satan/lucifer/the devil (in the bible) is a christian invention and so is their god yahweh; since atheist don't believe in their god why would they believe in satan? i guess that's christian rationality for ya....

so, not believing satan exists in the first place counts as actively worshiping satan; and also, having never watched a single basketball game in your entire life counts as being an L.A. Lakers fan?

Are you an atheist?
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by Newborn22: 10:50am On Jun 26, 2013
Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his rightousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. John 1:12 but as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. Mark 16: 15 and he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by truthislight: 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

You can't move from atheism to Satanism.
It's like saying I'm moving from Eko to Lagos, or I'm flying from the world to Earth. Makes no sense.

Lol.

I trust you to always deliver.

You are saying that atheism and satanism is one inside the other. Ok.

But those in the first ^ bubble will always delude theselves saying it is not affiliated.

Do well to inform them please.

Ciao
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by nedu2000(m): 5:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mudley313:

mathew 6:24....No man can serve two
masters: for either he will hate
the one, and love the other; or
else he will hold to the one,
and despise the other. Ye
cannot serve God and
mammon.........noone sits on the fence,an atheist is under the devil's influence,the devil's aim isn't 4 U̶̲̥̅̊ 2 serve him,its 4 U̶̲̥̅̊ 2 disobey God

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by Mudley313: 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
nedu2000: mathew 6:24....No man can serve two
masters: for either he will hate
the one, and love the other; or
else he will hold to the one,
and despise the other. Ye
cannot serve God and
mammon.........noone sits on the fence,an atheist is under the devil's influence,the devil's aim isn't 4 U̶̲̥̅̊ 2 serve him,its 4 U̶̲̥̅̊ 2 disobey God

i guess such narrow-mindedness stemming from early childhood indoctrination is what results in such unreasonable logical fallacies in your attempt to create such as an outlandish false dichotomy

i bet you also believe that muslims are devil-worshiping infidels too, and that the catholic pope is the great satan and the devil's wh0re...such childish arrogance..."if you don't believe what i believe you must be evil." yea right, you are the heroes and everyone else are villains...silly bunnies

you can't convert with your illogical and irrational rhetorics so you try to indoctrinate by trying to childishly scare others into submission; well, not surprised there, religions have always been known to strive on spreading disinformation and lies to further their own interests

so, using your own twisted logic: in the eyes of a satanist, an atheist is a christian since he doesn't believe in satan? you see how childishly illogical that sounds?...well, believe what you want to believe if that's going to help you sleep better at night, mtchew
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by nedu2000(m): 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mudley313:

i bet you also believe that muslims are devil-worshiping infidels too, and that the catholic pope is the great satan and the devil's wh0re...such childish arrogance..."if you don't believe what i believe you must be evil." yea right, you are the heroes and everyone elyou can't convert with your illogical and irrational rhetorics so you try to indoctrinate by trying to childishly scare others into submission; well, not surprised there, religions have always been known to strive on spreading disinformation and lies to further their own interests

so, using your own twisted logic: in the eyes of a satanist, an atheist is a christian since he doesn't believe in satan? you see how childishly illogical that sounds?...well, believe what you want to believe if that's going to help you sleep better at night, mtchew
I don't think I speak on behalf of muslims or satanists,they can speak for themselves,there's И̣̣̣̥o logic in there. The bible which I quoted from is the Christian book & other religions have theirs and may've a different view
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by Mudley313: 11:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
nedu2000: I don't think I speak on behalf of muslims or satanists,they can speak for themselves,there's И̣̣̣̥o logic in there. The bible which I quoted from is the Christian book & other religions have theirs and may've a different view

ok, i give you that. but how come you had a problem earlier when i quoted from that same "bible...the christian book"? you don't get to pick and choose what to believe in the words plainly written inside of your bible, unless you're telling me you're not a true "bible believing" christian...if you are, and sincerely believe every single word inscribed in the bible was inspired by your god, then i'm sorry, genocide, slavery, human sacrifice and the unnecessary slaughtering of innocent babies and children (correctly quoted in my verses above)is obviously consented to by you and your god
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:36pm On Jun 26, 2013
truthislight:

Lol.

I trust you to always deliver.

You are saying that atheism and satanism is one inside the other. Ok.

But those in the first ^ bubble will always delude theselves saying it is not affiliated.

Do well to inform them please.

Ciao

I have informed them before. See here https://www.nairaland.com/1105108/all-atheists-satanists

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by truthislight: 11:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I have informed them before. See here https://www.nairaland.com/1105108/all-atheists-satanists

^^^

yeah! Thats true.

cool
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by JesusisLord85: 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
Matthew 10:34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."
smiley
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by kolaoloye(m): 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
2 Tim. 2:19
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal,
The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth
the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses? by nedu2000(m): 7:29am On Jun 29, 2013
Mudley313:

ok, i give you that. but how come you had a problem earlier when i quoted from that same "bible...the christian book"? you don't get to pick and choose what to believe in the words plainly written inside of your bible, unless you're telling me you're not a true "bible believing" christian...if you are, and sincerely believe every single word inscribed in the bible was inspired by your god, then i'm sorry, genocide, slavery, human sacrifice and the unnecessary slaughtering of innocent babies and children (correctly quoted in my verses above)is obviously consented to by you and your god
И̣̣̣̥o its not,apart 4rm the issue about slavery,every other portion you read out are in old testaments,where laws was written in scrolls & enforced(old convenant),the new testament is of the new convenant of love,Jesus Christ and conscience.
Hebrew 8:8-9. 7 For if that first covenant had been
faultless, then should no place have
been sought for the second. 8 For
finding fault with them, he said,
Behold, the days come, said the
Lord, when I will make a new
covenant with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah: 9 Not
according to the covenant that I
made with their fathers in the day
when I took them by the hand to
lead them out of the land of Egypt;
because they continued not in my
covenant, and I regarded them not,
said the Lord. …
On my own part I do feel a slave should be loyal to his master,when we talk of a slave its an ambiguous word

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi / My Fiancee Says No S*x After Registry But Until After Church Wedding. / The Alleged Corruption Of The Bible (Not For Atheists)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.