Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,113 members, 7,899,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 12:37 AM

Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? (3353 Views)

Skelewu Is A Song Of Satanic Influence! There Is A Proof With The Recent Deaths! / Who's Richer?fuji Musicians Like Pasuma And R N B Singers Like 2face / K1 D Ultimate,obesere And Adewale Ayuba!who's D Real King Of Fuji Music In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by icezik1(m): 3:30pm On May 12, 2008
Has anyone else noticed how Lil Wayne's new single Lollipop sounds like fuji music in some parts of it. At one point I almost believed they were speaking Yoruba. It just goes to show Nigerian music is ready to enter the American market. They've already started singing it for us. LOL! Anyway, if you've heard the song please post here and tell me if you agree it sounds like fuji or at least some other variant of Yoruba music.
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by Emma4dfuture(m): 8:53pm On May 12, 2008
Wel,dats notbad;Rap strtd frm chantn incantatns.Chantin incantatns was a gift of our 4fathrs who were taken in2 slavery.
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by Busta(f): 1:59pm On May 13, 2008
@poster,

SImple. . . just say u ain't got a clue wat's saying.
u ain't alone cos a lot of pple don't. . can't stand all this lil wayne, lil romeo, lil bulldog, lil D**k etc.
Bow was sooo lucky to remove the "lil" from his name.
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by Shaz(f): 2:10pm On May 13, 2008
Ice_Zik,

Come to think, a friend was tellin me the same thang yesterday, although not in the kinda of fashion you said it. Anyways, it's all good, tho I ain't like the song. It's good to incorporate nu' things to the rap game,innit?
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by mrjuwon: 8:12pm On May 13, 2008
I am shocked to say the least. i have outplayed every form of this song and the remix and I can proudly say i did not notice what you have noticed. If you are in die hard search for the influence of Nigerian music check out people like Common, The Roots, Mos Def, Talib Kweli etc. lil Wayne don't know Nigerians like that. The only or closest he has come to Nigeria is saying he was "tougher than Nigerian hair". 2nd line on the "A Milli" feel free to check it out. Gosh, I respect your opinion but darn, its skengi a bit
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by 4gotnheros(m): 7:35pm On Jun 03, 2008
I'm feeling that Lil' wayne song, just got it downloaded on my lappy, mayne, SHAWTY LICK IT LIKE THE LOLLIPOP! grin
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by owolomo(m): 12:19am On Jun 04, 2008
u are right , when it first came out , i told my boyz say na naija person tell wayne make him do am like that, cause it sounds to much like our own creation, we dey come yankee to take over pretty soon,
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by KOLIEBUDZ(m): 1:48pm On Jun 04, 2008
U Said the shawty wanna lick u like a lolipop but son in the video u lickin the lolipop.
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2008
yeah kolie buds u'r right on that! cheesy
but i'm still feeling the song sha, like crazy, like goddamn krazy grin
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by delejames(m): 2:20pm On Jun 07, 2008
i do not feel any Fuji Rymes in the song.
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by timbabng(m): 7:35pm On Jun 07, 2008
No fuji is noticeable for tha song

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPVWTFAR8hg&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by chiogo(f): 12:46am On Jun 08, 2008
I dunno what fuji is but first time I saw the video, he sounded yoruba in some parts of the song, I mean his accent. My siblings said the same thin. Maybe it was the voice-effect thingy but he did sound yoruba, especially when he was like 'call me so I can make it juicy for ya', lolz.
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by ztyle(m): 12:53am On Jun 08, 2008
Chiogo u re damn right, don't mind others who didn't feel the sonq as u do, them ear get surplus WAX. tongue
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by dami9ja(m): 9:26am On Jun 09, 2008
Na d remix sound lyk smefin from mushin, omo mushin ni Lil'Weezy jwo!
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by icezik1(m): 9:54am On Jun 09, 2008
Yeah, I'm glad people are hearing what I heard the first time I listened to the song. When I said it sounded like fuji, what I meant was it sounded like he was speaking Yoruba in some sections. It's especially noticeable in the remix.
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by dadisser: 2:30pm On Jun 10, 2008
grin grin grin
why're you guyz wondering.ofcourse lil wayne's from nigeria.
he used to stay in my area.olorunsogo side in mushin.his real name is Waliu
grin[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by myg3: 2:51am On Jun 08, 2009
It is just the autotune effect that he use. same thing with t-pain. Not really Yuroba
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by charlesopp(m): 9:18am On Jun 09, 2009
he sounded a lil bit of LKT
Re: Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Has Fuji Influence? by icezik1(m): 2:42am On Jun 10, 2009
Wow, so this thread was resurrected after one year? NICE!

(1) (Reply)

[fresh Music]: Chris Brown & Tyga – Bitches N Marijuana (feat. Schoolboy Q) / Download Audio And Lyrics Video: Travis Greene - You Waited / Download Ope Lo Ye O Sheet Music By James A Yankey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.