Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,236 members, 7,970,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 04:42 PM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (146107 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Zonacom(m): 11:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
Torch1: From my village Ozubulu in Anambra state...
Nwanne abukwa m onye ozubulu. Amakwa representer
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by backtosender: 7:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
vilage house in abia state

4 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by BlackPikiN(m): 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
Where are the pictures?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
backtosender: vilage house in abia state

It is funny how village houses are better looking that those found in the cities. Lol... Where are the mud houses?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
all4naija: It is funny how village houses are better looking that those found in the cities. Lol... Where are the mud houses?

In Abia, Anambra, Imo, Delta Igbo, Rivers Igbo areas there are virtually no mud houses left. In Enugu and Ebonyi where you have some, you'll need to go deep into the interior of the villages to see people living in mud houses. In villages close to Nsukka, Enugu state for example, a few mud houses still exists.

The percentage of mud houses in Igbo land is very negligible compared to modern houses.

You also need to know that the mud houses you see in nollywood movies were built and customized specifically for shooting of movies. They were built and arranged to replicate old time Igbo traditional settings. And each time a story script requires a traditional Igbo setting to shoot the movie, the customized mud house setting is used.

Within most areas in Igboland, you can travel from Anambra state to Imo state, or from Imo to Abia state, or from Enugu town to Asaba, or from Ogwashi Ukwu to Onicha and you'll encounter virtually no mud house. Virtually none. You need to take a trip to east to better understand this.

6 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 1:57am On Sep 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:

In Abia, Anambra, Imo, Delta Igbo, Rivers Igbo areas there are virtually no mud houses left. In Enugu and Ebonyi where you have some, you'll need to go deep into the interior of the villages to see people living in mud houses. In villages close to Nsukka, Enugu state for example, a few mud houses still exists.

The percentage of mud houses in Igbo land is very negligible compared to modern houses.

You also need to know that the mud houses you see in nollywood movies were built and customized specifically for shooting of movies. They were built and arranged to replicate old time Igbo traditional settings. And each time a story script requires a traditional Igbo setting to shoot the movie, the customized mud house setting is used.

Within most areas in Igboland, you can travel from Anambra state to Imo state, or from Imo to Abia state, or from Enugu town to Asaba, or from Ogwashi Ukwu to Onicha and you'll encounter virtually no mud house. Virtually none. You need to take a trip to east to better understand this.

This is laughable. Are you trying to tell me about Nollywood or provide Arial-view images to support your comment? There are mud houses which littered those areas you just listed in your comment without doubt. Igbo being Africans have mud houses as they are African thing. You cannot deceive my on that.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 10:10am On Sep 17, 2013
all4naija:

This is laughable. Are you trying to tell me about Nollywood or provide Arial-view images to support your comment? There are mud houses which littered those areas you just listed in your comment without doubt. Igbo being Africans have mud houses as they are African thing. You cannot deceive my on that.

@Bold...You'd rather allude to your belief than accept the truth, right? I realize that nothing said to you here will change your views. You've never been to east before. Maybe you project the image of what is obtainable in the West to be obtainable in the East. Taking a trip to the east will change that erroneous belief you have about the East. Experience they say is the best teacher.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:

@Bold...You'd rather allude to your belief than accept the truth, right? I realize that nothing said to you here will change your views. You've never been to east before. Maybe you project the image of what is obtainable in the West to be obtainable in the East. Taking a trip to the east will change that erroneous belief you have about the East. Experience they say is the best teacher.

I will go with this your comment, if only you can provide Arial-view images of these villages to support your claim.

Thank you
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 10:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
all4naija:

I will go with this your comment, if only you can provide Arial-view images of these villages to support your claim.

Thank you

and who is dis fo.ol?
Go and sit down,
personally, i have not seen those mud houses myself.
Let me know where u come from

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
ketoprofen:

and who is dis fo.ol?
Go and sit down,
personally, i have not seen those mud houses myself.
Let me know where u come from
Have you been taking you medication lately?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by thegreatest: 1:11am On Nov 04, 2013
is this topic still on, waiting to see more breathtaking pictures of igbo houses
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by donigspain(m): 7:33am On Nov 13, 2013
thegreatest: is this topic still on, waiting to see more breathtaking pictures of igbo houses
Just wait a little more after christmas. We're all monitoring this thread.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
donigspain: Just wait a little more after christmas. We're all monitoring this thread.
There is nothing to show for it. We are probably going to see the same claims by most posters here.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by TabletMan: 11:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
Afam and co, dora akunyili is from agulu datz why she built a nafdac lab close to her father's compound in that spiritual village. Nimo and nibo are two different town with ₪̣̥̐ common boundary.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OgologoDimkpa: 9:41am On Dec 04, 2013
kinglove:

This Afikpo Chic seems to be Maria "Uzo" Egwu. Maria Egwu was a prostitute and a madam in U.S.
She appeared on Howard Stern show. Is she still with her lesbian lover? What is she doing in Naija now?

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/07/03/nyregion/woman-admits-guilt-in-internet-prostitution-case.html
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/item_q3cYwDlpRADDDYUocWA2JL
Cops have busted an upper East Side prostitution ring that advertised hourly rates as high as $4,000 and allegedly was run by a frequent guest of the Howard Stern show, authorities said yesterday.

Arianna Uzo Egwu promoted the pricey call-girl operation as a high-class dating service and advertised her so-called models on a Web site, according to Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik.

Prices ran from $1,000 to $4,000 an hour and could reach $32,000 for a weekend, according to Kerik.

The operation raked in $2 million a year, he said.

Egwu, who once hosted a public-access cable TV show, is part of shock jock Stern's "wack-pack" and is known as Uzo, a law enforcement source confirmed.

Egwu, 30, claims on one of her Web pages to have been called "the most beautiful woman on Earth" by the controversial radio host. Stern could not be reached for comment.

Her Glamour Roses Web site features photographs of women - whose rates were determined based on their classification as "A," "B" or "C" models.

The site advertises "Mega Models" available for $25,000 a date and boasts it is a service for the "privileged few." But it also notes that customers may make "appointments" only 30 to 60 minutes in advance.

Egwu, a Nigerian national, is charged with promoting prostitution and money laundering.

She was ordered held without bail yesterday after being arraigned.

A source said she is building a mansion in Nigeria.

The year-long police investigation was prompted by an anonymous tip about activity at Egwu's apartment at 1474 Third Ave.

Authorities said she was in charge of the day-to-day operation, including interviewing, hiring and housing the prostitutes, as well as setting up dates for clients.
She is the owner of NDIIGBO page on Facebook.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OgologoDimkpa: 9:50am On Dec 04, 2013
bigfrancis21:

That's so cool to hear. One thing I love about Anambra people is our love and brotherliness for one another. The average anambra man is more inclined to help his fellow brother in need, whether from the same village or a distant village in anambra. Ndi anambra na-eme nwanne rinne!

Enugwu-ukwu muonu, zuonu, kachanu!
Anambra Kwenu!
Very true!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OgologoDimkpa: 10:03am On Dec 04, 2013
thegreatest: is this topic still on, waiting to see more breathtaking pictures of igbo houses
Thank God this is December period, you'll see more beautiful pictures from people that'll come home during Christmas.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Lilimax(f): 10:14am On Dec 04, 2013
ogologodimkpa: Thank God this is December period, you'll see more beautiful pictures from people that'll come home during Christmas.
Following grin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 04, 2013
ogologodimkpa: Thank God this is December period, you'll see more beautiful pictures from people that'll come home during Christmas.
I am patiently waiting to see the beautiful pictures. I mean Arial-view images that can be supported with facts. Not the bogus single-house owned by a wealthy Igbo person in a secluded area.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ngokafor(f): 12:24pm On Dec 04, 2013

Good...following..
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 9:48am On Dec 05, 2013
all4naija: I am patiently waiting to see the beautiful pictures. I mean Arial-view images that can be supported with facts. Not the bogus single-house owned by a wealthy Igbo person in a secluded area.

Thank you.
Many Igbo ppl are wealthy and have fine houses.
let's make it more fun, post the ones in ur village while we post ours, at Xmas .
deal?

3 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by TabletMan: 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
o.obim:
Nna mehn, I wish I can upload pics houses from my village, Osumenyi.walahi, people's heads will spin.

Igbo amaka! I live in a 2 bedroom here in Abj, but own a 5 bedroom duplex in my village..Not chest beating yoh! Ife bara abago,Chukwu aruka,.Proud of my people.we hustle hard n d lazy ones envy!
Proudly enyi man precisely from Akabu.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by 9inches(m): 9:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
all4naija: I am patiently waiting to see the beautiful pictures. I mean Arial-view images that can be supported with facts. Not the bogus single-house owned by a wealthy Igbo person in a secluded area.

Thank you.

Aerial view images taken from a helicopter or where? Pls answer
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by 9inches(m): 10:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
Can't wait till end of this month when Mr. all4naija must've been astonished with the images he'll see here. You really need a visit to my state Anambra.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by achi4u(m): 1:59am On Dec 06, 2013
9inches:

gringringrin
oya broda all4naija over to you ....

happy xmass in advance.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by 9inches(m): 11:07am On Dec 06, 2013
achi4u: gringringrin
oya broda all4naija over to you ....

happy xmass in advance.

He needs some time to think grin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
9inches:

Maybe! As most of you said they are wealthy people who can afford expensive things! I still think there are more mud houses in Igbo villages than brick's.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
9inches: Can't wait till end of this month when Mr. all4naija must've been astonished with the images he'll see here. You really need a visit to my state Anambra.

Please, post them. They say,'action speaks louder than words'!

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OneNaira6: 4:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
all4naija: Maybe! As most of you said they are wealthy people who can afford expensive things! I still think there are more mud houses in Igbo villages than brick's.

Thank you.

This guy is still crying. my guy na wa oo. it's been how many months now?

Ebezina already. If you want to see Mudhouse, go back to where you from jury, stop trying to force it down everyone's throat. Not all of us have to experience or seen the kind of poverty wey you don see na. haba. Ebezina

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
One_Naira:

This guy is still crying. my guy na wa oo. it's been how many months now?

Ebezina already. If you want to see Mudhouse, go back to where you from jury, stop trying to force it down everyone's throat. Not all of us have to experience or seen the kind of poverty wey you don see na. haba. Ebezina

Bwahaha... Why don't you prove it with facts by posting images of Arial-view of those villages?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 8:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
all4naija: Maybe! As most of you said they are wealthy people who can afford expensive things! I still think there are more mud houses in Igbo villages than brick's.

Thank you.

Its even worse in SW and north.
Even the brick houses in Yoruba villages are pathetic
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
ketoprofen:

Its even worse in SW and north.
Even the brick houses in Yoruba villages are pathetic
That isn't the argument though. You are taking the wrong direction to what we are talking about here. It is clear you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Please, post an Arial-view of those Igbo villages which don't have mud-buildings you and your colleagues talked about in previous posts.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.