Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,127 members, 7,907,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 11:40 PM

Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? (795 Views)

Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail / Fuel Scarcity To Continue As Importers Run Out Of Bank Credit!! / Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by Abagana83: 7:25am On May 13, 2008
http://saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=600

Repackaged" Yar'adua to Meet Nigerian Media.

Last View on Tue 13th May, 2008
Last Modified on Sun 11th May, 2008 11:45:08 am
Author: Posted by Admin Sahara
Repackaged Yar'adua to Meet Nigerian Media.

In an attempt to dismiss growing rumors about Yar'adua's fragile state of health, his handlers have asked that he make more public appearances. They are repackaging Yar'adua to draw sympathy from the public.

Yesterday, he showed up in Yenegoa, Bayelsa State, to flag off the re-election campaigns of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Timipre Sylva, contrary to reports in newspapers that he had abandoned the trip due to security concerns. Sources told Saharareporters that Yar'adua will also visit his home state of Katsina today (May 11 2008) Plans are also afoot for a press conference with members of the Nigerian media sometime this week.

Yar'adua's brief visit to the Niger Delta region would be his first since coming to office through the flawed April 2007 general elections. Since returning from Germany two weeks ago, he has not stepped out of the vicinity of the Aso Rock villa, his official residence.

Aso Rock sources spoke of his fragile condition when he attempted to attend the May 1st 2008 Labor Day in Abuja. Yar'adua reportedly made efforts  to attend the event by sending in an abridged program of event to the organizers, which would cut off the traditional parade by labor groups across the country. Even though labor leaders agreed in principle to accommodate his request to enable him participate in the Labor Day event he called off his participation at the last minute.

Yar'adua has done only one televised press conference since the beginning of his controversial tenure almost a year ago. The program tagged "Mr. President Explains" was packaged by state run Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) and its radio counterpart, Radio Nigeria. Yar'adua had to abandon the program halfway when he lost concentration and had shortness breath. It is not clear if the media circus show planned for later this week will be  of any significance since his media handlers are already in touch with friendly journalists to throw softball questions at the ailing president.

The Presidency has already imported medical equipment and German doctors  to cater to Yar'adua’s health needs to keep him functioning until his next appointment in Germany.

Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by blacksta(m): 7:38am On May 13, 2008
If God has called him to rule nigeria I wish him all a speedy recovery so he can fulfil destiny or else otherwise
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by Spermdrops(m): 7:47am On May 13, 2008
I wish all the poor people in Nigeria had the option to "import" medical personnel and equipment from Russia and Germany to keep alive too.

What a selfish president.  Why does he not stay in Nigeria and use the "personnel and equipment" other Nigerians are forced to use?

I think he should lead by example.

http://saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=600

Author: Posted by Admin Sahara
Repackaged Yar'adua to Meet Nigerian Media.

In an attempt to dismiss growing rumors about Yar'adua's fragile state of health, his handlers have asked that he make more public appearances.

They are repackaging Yar'adua to draw sympathy from the public.

Yesterday, he showed up in Yenegoa, Bayelsa State, to flag off the re-election campaigns of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Timipre Sylva, contrary to reports in newspapers that he had abandoned the trip due to security concerns. Sources told Saharareporters that Yar'adua

will also visit his home state of Katsina today (May 11 2008) Plans are also afoot for a press conference with members of the Nigerian media sometime this week.

Yar'adua's brief visit to the Niger Delta region would be his first since coming to office through the flawed April 2007 general elections. Since returning from Germany two weeks ago, he has not stepped out of the vicinity of the Aso Rock villa, his official residence.

Aso Rock sources spoke of his fragile condition when he attempted to attend the May 1st 2008 Labor Day in Abuja.

Yar'adua reportedly

made efforts to attend the event by sending in an abridged program of event to the organizers, which would cut off the traditional parade by labor groups across the country. Even though labor leaders agreed in principle to accommodate his request to enable him participate in the Labor Day event

he called off his participation at the last minute.

Yar'adua has done only one televised press conference since the beginning of his controversial tenure almost a year ago.

The program tagged "Mr. President Explains" was packaged by state run Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) and its radio counterpart, Radio Nigeria.

Yar'adua had to abandon the program halfway when he lost concentration and had shortness breath.

It is not clear if the media circus show planned for later this week will be  of any significance since his media handlers are already in touch with friendly journalists to throw softball questions at the ailing president.

The Presidency has already imported medical equipment and German doctors  to cater to Yar'adua’s health needs to keep him functioning until his next appointment in Germany.

This is the one that wants to read "investigations" on the "maltreatment" of Nigerian deportees by "British Airways"?
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by idupaul: 9:36am On May 13, 2008
Yar'adua had to abandon the program halfway when he lost concentration and had shortness breath.

A man that cant go through a 1 hr tv program is medically bad, that mean the prez is really terminally ill, Hw can he fight corruption when his health take all his time.
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by SENATORJD(m): 9:46am On May 13, 2008
Spermdrops:

I wish all the poor people in Nigeria had the option to "import" medical personnel and equipment from Russia and Germany to keep alive too.
What a selfish president. Why does he not stay in Nigeria and use the "personnel and equipment" other Nigerians are forced to use?
I think he should lead by example.
This is the one that wants to read "investigations" on the "maltreatment" of Nigerian deportees by "British Airways"?
@spermyyyy he cant stay here and receive treatment because the healthcare system is terrible and he doesnt want to be caught dead in it, cos i c no reason why he shouldnt be treated here as well. but they won't, he has a headache?lets fly him out.i ts a shame on their part and the health ministers because it simply shows that the health sector has to many faults thats why treatment can be done here.Gani for example was diagnosed for the wrong sickness for a long time till he sought treatment abroad, same goes to Yinka Craig,i mean the sector is bad and he ought to wake up and understand that not every nigerian is priviledge and would ever be to get treatment out of the country.how many nigerians have died and would die of one ailment or the other because accessibility to health care is bad and where there is wrong analysis could be done.God help us
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by bigben3: 10:06am On May 13, 2008
VACANCY @ ASO ROCK
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by subice(m): 11:26am On May 13, 2008
Did anyone read the May 12 edition of Tell magazine about who's really in charge at Aso Rock? Very insightful. Yar'adua has never had the will needed to do the job properly.
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by bigben3: 11:38am On May 13, 2008
The fact of the matter is,this man never wanted/dreamt of been d president,he knew his capabilities and health status,yet we had to make him presido at all cost,i hope we wouldn't have a dead body on our hands at the end of the days .talk of forcing a horse to the river,you definetely can't force it to drink this man needs time to attend to his health,period.However,the big question is who can we trust with aso rock in his absence among the hungary hawks around him,let the search begins
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by SENATORJD(m): 12:26pm On May 13, 2008
whos de WE that had to make him if i may ask?was a gun put to his head and his family's life and properties threatened?no they werent so if he never had the thought of being and finally he was convinced of being one he had a choice to say no, so no1 should give that crap about him being cajoled into it,he had a choice many backed down why didnt he?the issue can be his health fine not that he didnt want to be one, he can take a bow cant he?they wanted someone from tht region so he could have opted out and another replacement would have come(dnt ask me who).
so pls lets see other reasons and not that he was forced.
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by lucabrasi(m): 4:34pm On May 13, 2008
for the man's sake and his family,i think he should just give the whole thing up and go retire, he ll live longer that way and not let the hawks including that his wicked wife push him to an early grave, the guy is not yet 60 years old and as enticing as being a nigerian president is,its no substitute for a life, the earlier he realises that the better for him
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 13, 2008
Tell us more about his wife's wickedness.
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by savanaha: 10:16pm On May 13, 2008
Why blame the wife? Is there any proof that she forced him into it and how can one be sure her wickedness exceeds his.
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by lucabrasi(m): 10:44pm On May 13, 2008
the reason for blaming his wife is because she is in the best position to prevail on her husband to either take it easy or give up the post , from what we read in the news the man's death is under a lot of stress yet the wife is issuing commands,left and right and throwing her power everywhere, a good wife who isnt money conscious or power conscious will think of her family first and the well being of her husband, im talking purely on a moral ground
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by debosky(m): 10:49pm On May 13, 2008
The same Sahara Reporters that came and told us Yar'adua is dead? grin grin grin

You guys just love getting fooled time and time again.

They will cook up whatever story they want to attempt to stay relevant. yar'adua supposedly cannot step outside Aso Rock abi? Yet the man toured 36 states during his election campaign. Continue to believe the peddled nonsense from sahara.

Very soon they will be telling you how Obasanjo cursed Yar'adua with sickness because he is probing him grin grin grin
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by lucabrasi(m): 2:13am On May 14, 2008
i dont know where or when you read the yar adua is dead on there cause i sure didnt so i dont see where anyone is being fooled,however its a known fact that yar adua's health is suffering and his job as the president of nigeria is suffrering,even if sahara is wrong,the rest of nigeria dailies are not neither are the scenarios taking place in nigeria
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by debosky(m): 2:25am On May 14, 2008
the same sahara reporters claimed he was dead a few months ago during the campaign - they usually come up with these sensationalist reports week in week out, many of them based on rumors not reality.
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by bawomolo(m): 3:45am On May 14, 2008
shh if i was president of nigeria, i would look for reasons to avoid the humongous responsiblities. jk seriously, a medically unfit president isn't a good idea. shouldn't it be the job of the vice president to fill his place while he recovers. it's strange his condition deteriorated this fast.
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by savanaha: 3:54am On May 14, 2008
debosky:

Very soon they will be telling you how Obasanjo cursed Yar'adua with sickness because he is probing him grin grin grin

grin

lucabrasi:

i don't know where or when you read the yar adua is dead on there cause i sure didnt so i don't see where anyone is being fooled,however its a known fact that yar adua's health is suffering and his job as the president of nigeria is suffrering,even if sahara is wrong,the rest of nigeria dailies are not neither are the scenarios taking place in nigeria

Even those before Yar' dumbass did not do close to amazing work and thier health was not suffering. It goes beyond sickness and beyond greedy wife, longa throat exists in both him and his wife. Now that he lives in the presidential palace and spends tax payers money and pockets the rest only a casket will carry him out
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:53am On May 14, 2008
I'm still trying to figure out how the wife is now Nigeria's problem.
In fact lubacris, i have always trusted your judgements on issues like this, but i must confess that you messed up on this one.
Re: Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? by SENATORJD(m): 1:43pm On May 14, 2008
if his wife tells him to jump into flame he should right because shes in the best position to tell him?God forbid he drops dead while working i wont feel much for him, why?he knows the state of his health and what would strain him and weaken him easily,he wasnt forced into being the president of Nigeria cos i blive he had the power of saying NO he could have left easily as ex governor kastina state and enjoy all d work he did(dats if he did), but for whatever reason they would want u to blive he was the best choice and like a sheep being led to the slaughter he willingly put his head now his health is an issue again?so his wife is and cannot be the problem, he is the problem because he couldnt say no and now he has to bear whatever strain that comes his way.except he willing steps aside(which i doubt he wud ever do) or complete his term hoping he doesnt fall dead(aing praying for that). but wisdom is profitable to direct,
an healthy man with the current challenges and problems in nigeria has so much in front of him as president,how much more one who has health issues?

(1) (Reply)

What Factor(s) If Improved In Nigeria Would Make You Move Back To Naij / Power Generation Drops To 900mw / Bode George: What A Man Could Not Do: Farida Has Done It Effortlessly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.