Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,634 members, 7,901,952 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 06:11 PM

An Open Letter To Nigerian Bloggers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / An Open Letter To Nigerian Bloggers (755 Views)

Promo Nigerian Ads As The Best Google Asense Alternative For Nigerian Bloggers / The Most Popular Nigerian Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
Dear Bloggers,

Do you want to drive foot traffic to your shop or office?
Do you want to increase sales or generate leads?
Do you want to attract prospects in an area outside of your local area? Do you want to attract clients from overseas?
Do you want to educate prospects and customers on what you do?
Do you want to update your customers about what’s going on with your business?
Do you want to build a brand?

I don't just know if you really understand the objectives of blogging. If you don't, these are a few objectives of blogging to an intelligent, normal individual.

1. Blogs provide a space for sharing opinions and learning in order to grow communities of knowledge — a space where students and teachers can learn from each other.

2. Blogs can give students a totally new perspective on the meaning of voice. As students explore their own learning and thinking and their distinctive voices emerge. Student voices are essential to the conversations we need to have about learning.

3. Blogs foster ownership and choice.

4. Students feel more compelled to write when they believe many others may read and respond. It gives them motivation to excel.

5. The archive feature of blogging records ongoing learning. It facilitates reflection and evaluation.

6. The opportunity for collective and collaborative learning is enormous.

7. The interactive nature of blogging creates enthusiasm for writing and communication.

8. Blogging engages students in conversation and learning.

9. Blogging provides the opportunity for our students to learn to write for life-long learning.

10.Blogging affords us the opportunity to teach responsible public writing. Students can learn about the power of the published word and the responsibilities involved with public writing.

What are the Objectives of blogging to a Nigerian Blogger?

1. A place to circulate gossips, rumors, naked pictures, sex videos

2. A place to circulate Tonto dike photos, Wizkids latest cars, Davido's house, tuface baby mama's pix, donjazzy cars, dbanj shirt, Mercy johnson's house warming, olamide's blah blah blah

3. A place to create virtual products and sell to unsuspected victims

4. A place to copy news and paste from another blogging site to your own

5. Is a place advertised by some funny marketing individuals that you can actually make millions in a month through adsword and adsense (You paid between 5k-20k for the seminars/e-books of these funny fake people and you don't know that they actually ripped you off your money)

Why do we keep on having more useless Nigerian bloggers?

1. The unemployment rate in Nigeria is high

2. Everybody is looking for a white collar job

3. Everybody wants to be a Virtual businessman.. ( making money at the comfort of their homes)

4. There's are so many free blogging websites such as .com e.t.c no subscription fee's charged monthly that is why

How do we stop the activities of fake bloggers

1. By not clicking on their links

2. By reporting them to their service providers i.e reporting any .com account user to google

3. By urging Google or other providers to impose a subscription fee

4. By emphasizing more on copyrights i.e If anybody copy's the content of my blog or website without permission, I should be able to sue him/her for damages.

I had to outline each points out to make it clear to you bloggers to stop what I call recycling news, pictures, videos e.t.c I also had to make you people understand that blogging is not all about entertainment alone. You shouldn't join music, movies, politics, sports together in one blog. If your blog is about food, it should be food alone! if it's about music, it should be music alone! if it's about travel, it should be travel alone! Honestly, If I have my way, I would use koboko aka horsewhip to flog so many bloggers back to their common sense i.e restoring them back to their divine original! Aren't you tire of doing aproko? copying and pasting other people's successes? aren't you tire of worshiping other people's achievements? when will you make good real physical cash? or is tonto dike, whiz kid, davido making money by blogging? You guys should better think fast and find something else to do like taking up farming

bennyraz

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Bloggers by Chuks2geo: 4:58pm On Jun 25, 2013
Nica 1
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Bloggers by Olarewajub: 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
Copying and pasting is the problem that is confronting Nigerians. No body want to think and write, but rather we prefer to copy articles from other site. Its time for us to write our own damn article. Blogging is fun when you write your article yourself.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 26, 2013
Olarewajub: Copying and pasting is the problem that is confronting Nigerians. No body want to think and write, but rather we prefer to copy articles from other site. Its time for us to write our own damn article. Blogging is fun when you write your article yourself.
that is it.. thank God something like this is on frontpage
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Bloggers by Olarewajub: 3:58pm On Jun 26, 2013
bennyraz: that is it.. thank God something like this is on frontpage
Yea. Guys my blog has been launched. www.blevopedia..com is a reputable blog with 95% original post. Guys please help me to review the blog

(1) (Reply)

Dear Nairalanders, Is This Wrong? - Building Client's Website With Wordpress. / Online Payment Platform[webpay] For Your Websites Doesn't Cost 150k Its 25k / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.