Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,724 members, 7,889,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 09:07 AM

Nigerian Forces Capture Boko-haram Leaders, Recover Weapons – DHQ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Forces Capture Boko-haram Leaders, Recover Weapons – DHQ (854 Views)

In Kumala, Army Kills Boko Haram Members & Recover Weapons (photos) / Soldiers Kill More Boko Haram Militants,Recover Weapons In Borno. Graphic Photos / Troops Kill Notorious Boko Haram Leader, Others, Recover Weapons From Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Forces Capture Boko-haram Leaders, Recover Weapons – DHQ by Handsomeemmy(m): 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
Premium Times
News

The captured Boko Haram leaders were not named.
The Federal Government troops deployed to Yobe and Borno have captured some notorious leaders of the terrorist group,Boko Haram, and recovered various weapons.
Brigadier General Chris Olukolade, Director ofDefence Information, disclosed this in a statement issued in Abuja on Tuesday.
In the statement, Mr. Olukolade gave the report of a nine-member Defence Headquarters Operational Assessment Team, sent by the Chief of Defence Staff, Admiral OlaIbrahim, to the two states.
Mr. Olukolade said the team visited troop locations in various parts of Borno and Yobe.
“The commanding officer narrated the conduct of the operation to rid the (Sambisa)forest of the insurgents who had made the location their sanctuary,” he said.
The spokesman quoted the commanding officer as saying that some notorious leaders of the terrorists had been captured while some materials recovered in their camp had provided useful intelligence for subsequent operations. He did not name the captured Boko Haram leaders.
“The team was shown the various weapons, including rockets and locally fabricated weapon accessories captured in the forest,” he said/
He said items recovered included a large number of Improvised Explosive Devices- making materials, laptops, mobile communication equipment used for shootingand posting online videos, as well as locally made rockets and rocket launchers.
“Also, seized vehicles of different brands were shown to the team.
“Several vehicles destroyed by the terrorists as well as their tailoring equipment apparently used in producing fake uniforms were also shown to the team,’’ he said.
He said the commanding officer told the team that the unit suffered casualties in men and equipment.
The defence spokesperson said troops were currently engaged in night and day patrols ofthe area to dominate the forest and apprehend any terrorist who might be lurking around. He said the Chief of Defence Staff expressed satisfaction with the high level of successes so far recorded in the operation.
Mr. Olukolade said he thanked the troop for ajob well-done, and urged members not rest on their oars until the entire region is fully sanitised and cleared of all terrorist activities.
He said the troops were assured of regular logistic support.
(NAN)
Re: Nigerian Forces Capture Boko-haram Leaders, Recover Weapons – DHQ by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
More grease to your elbow JTF. May God bless you all in Jesus name, Amen!
Re: Nigerian Forces Capture Boko-haram Leaders, Recover Weapons – DHQ by Toktee(m): 8:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
God's Mercy:
See you, how you take no say the man in question na boko hallam leader,if na the leader wetin be him name,them just the do make people like you praise them,FAKE INFO
Re: Nigerian Forces Capture Boko-haram Leaders, Recover Weapons – DHQ by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
God's Mercy:
gullible
Re: Nigerian Forces Capture Boko-haram Leaders, Recover Weapons – DHQ by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sighs...I thank God o! The blood of my two cousins and countless others killed crying out to God has bn heard in heaven.though d dead r gone but I know they r happy at d progress bein made.
God pls as they r bein caught,I pray that their sponsors will suffer,yes dey hv d money but money will not protect them when u descend on them! ailments that r mysterious will strike them,no hospital or babalawo will cure them.in their presence,their children will frustrate their lives,some will pray for death,it will equally elude them.God I know u answer prayer pls do this for me IJN,Amen
Re: Nigerian Forces Capture Boko-haram Leaders, Recover Weapons – DHQ by akpomeme(m): 9:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
Toktee: See you, how you take no say the man in question na boko hallam leader,if na the leader wetin be him name,them just the do make people like you praise them,FAKE INFO
God don catch una too for nairaland... blood sucing vampires.. you just wish this boko thing never comes to an end. Afomianani!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Forces Capture Boko-haram Leaders, Recover Weapons – DHQ by babzics: 9:36pm On Jun 25, 2013
For the first time I comment enter first page.. Seun, Mukina, any prize for me?
I go make further comment, when I enter frontpage..
Btw, we don hear enough of this claims.. wetin b d outcomes of the various interrogation of bokoharam members wey una don arrest.? They never confess for una who be their sponsors?
Re: Nigerian Forces Capture Boko-haram Leaders, Recover Weapons – DHQ by bloggernaija: 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
JTF CAPTURE PDP GRASSROOTS

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole: Massive Oil Theft Inexcusable / Wole Soyinka Did Not Call Patience Jonathan A Hippopotamus / Can Yoruba Become Refugees In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.