Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,070 members, 7,931,684 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 10:45 AM

Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage (28261 Views)

We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors / N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose / Senate To Get New Nominee For Oyo - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by maigemuu: 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
danNaija:

Dude u read my mind. Make thunder fire these animals. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by stagger: 5:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
emmysenior:

To run mouth easy huh?

Oya where re the lands?

Where re the farm implements?

Where re the waters to facilitate all year farming?

Where's the government policy on buying the produce?

Who will provide the monies to buy seedlings, repair and maintain farm equipments?

Where re the roads in the rural areas?

Pls don't think with ur anus?

Let me address your ignorance because you obviously know nothing about Nigeria.

Fact: Nigeria has more than 110 million hectares of arable land. 70% OF NIGERIA'S ARABLE LAND IS YET TO BE CULTIVATED! If you doubt me, please go to the Ministry of Agriculture and get the facts. SO you ask where the lands are? I have answered you.

Where are the farm implements? Where are the seedlings? Please visit our agricultural research facilities. There is more than enough and they are all lying waste. People do not even need to buy. They can be leased from any of the 13 river basin authorities.

Where are the waters? Obviously you watch too much of Channel O. Do you know that paddy rice was cultivated round the clock last year and will be done this year to produce more than 50% of Nigeria's domestic demand? And this rice is being planted in Sokoto, Kebbi and other states in the arid zone of the country where rainfall is so low? Have you never heard of irrigation? What is the River Niger, River Benue and other inland waterways there for? Do you know that as a result of dry season irrigation farming, Nigeria's rice imports have been cut by 50% in one year alone? GET THE FACTS!

On buying the produce, you should go and find out what is going on about the Abuja Commodity Exchange (COMEX) and the role Access Bank is playing in that initiative. I give you the assignment. I won't tell you. Go and find out.

As for the roads in rural areas, what do you think SURE-P has been set up for? Do you know that the road rehab and the railway network being built is being done with SURE-P funds? If Oga Jonah advocates of scrapping of petroleum subsidy, most of you guys will complain till thy kingdom come.

As for monies to buy seedlings, etc, go and find out about FADAMA and the ADB loan system being given to farmer's cooperatives.

Now between you and I, who is thinking with the anus?

1 Like

Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by stagger: 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2013
ifegy: @stagger, em, you know how the whole Russian, communal, back-to-the-land thing (otherwise known as communism) eventually worked out for them, right (Animal farm, anyone)? And how the whole economic system even today is still nuts, with the rich, corrupt few (communist big wigs/connected few turned capitalist oligarchs) versus everyone else?

Please, go and read about the role of these farms in stabilizing the Russian economy during the 2008 global financial crisis and stop quoting Animal Farm. Animal Farm was written as a satire of the communist system operated by Joseph Stalin and had nothing to with "the whole Russian, communal, back-to-the-land thing".

1 Like

Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by MiloRambaldi(m): 6:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
The senate should also scrap itself, legislative duties should be left to House of Assembly of each state.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by optimusprime2(m): 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2013
emmysenior: Where's the source or link.

Now that the source or link is been provided.
I am so vexed on the wake of this heart rendering news and I know most people will be pained also. Therefore, I have come up with some fake news to help release the stress.

Dear mods! I beseech you guys not to hide this post thanks.

BREAKING

Two passengers on a trailer died on the spot after a head on collision with an okada rider.

Seun Osewa cedes nairaland to the FG, says he fears for his life after series of threats from the 40 laptop attackers.. tongue

Christiano Ronaldo impregnate
Funke Akindele...

Lil Wayne features Pasuma in his
new single... grin

In another news, the devil has reiterated his desire to apologize to God. Says the evil that men do these days surprises him.
cheesy

Eyinmba will sign Messi this
June...

Baba suwe to join Illuminati,

Beyonce in love with Terry G... tongue

Primary school pupils in Imo state to
graduate at class 2...

Governor Amaechi seen on his kneels begging Mr president for forgiveness. grin

Federal University students to start
Putting on uniforms...

Obama claims EDO STATE as his
State of origin.

New Arsenal manager Samson Siasia once again affirms his commitment to the club. cheesy

Chris Brown surfers from blockage of the anus after eating Enugu state made okpa... grin

2013 world richest is Yuzedo of Nairaland.

Woman give birth to goat in the joke section of nairaland.

Fifa in a shocking move have recalled the super eagles to participate in the Conf. Cup semi finals saying their performance is once again needed to spice things up. cheesy

Abeg make una add una own.
adun die lol! Hehehehehehe @Yuzedo 2013 richest
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by Duke007(m): 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2013

I am so vexed on the wake of this heart rendering news and I know most people will be pained also. Therefore, I have come up with some fake news to help release the stress.

BREAKING

Two passengers on a trailer died on the spot after a head on collision with an okada rider.

Seun Osewa cedes nairaland to the FG, says he fears for his life after series of threats from the 40 laptop attackers.. tongue

Funke Akindele...

new single... grin

In another news, the devil has reiterated his desire to apologize to God. Says the evil that men do these days surprises him.
cheesy

June...

graduate at class 2...

Putting on uniforms...

State of origin.

New Arsenal manager Samson Siasia once again affirms his commitment to the club. cheesy

Chris Brown surfers from blockage of the anus after eating Enugu state made okpa... grin

Fifa in a shocking move have recalled the super eagles to participate in the Conf. Cup semi finals saying their performance is once again needed to spice things up. cheesy

Crazy and Funny!
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
stagger:

Let me address your ignorance because you obviously know nothing about Nigeria.

Fact: Nigeria has more than 110 million hectares of arable land. 70% OF NIGERIA'S ARABLE LAND IS YET TO BE CULTIVATED! If you doubt me, please go to the Ministry of Agriculture and get the facts. SO you ask where the lands are? I have answered you.

Where are the farm implements? Where are the seedlings? Please visit our agricultural research facilities. There is more than enough and they are all lying waste. People do not even need to buy. They can be leased from any of the 13 river basin authorities.

Where are the waters? Obviously you watch too much of Channel O. Do you know that paddy rice was cultivated round the clock last year and will be done this year to produce more than 50% of Nigeria's domestic demand? And this rice is being planted in Sokoto, Kebbi and other states in the arid zone of the country where rainfall is so low? Have you never heard of irrigation? What is the River Niger, River Benue and other inland waterways there for? Do you know that as a result of dry season irrigation farming, Nigeria's rice imports have been cut by 50% in one year alone? GET THE FACTS!

On buying the produce, you should go and find out what is going on about the Abuja Commodity Exchange (COMEX) and the role Access Bank is playing in that initiative. I give you the assignment. I won't tell you. Go and find out.

As for the roads in rural areas, what do you think SURE-P has been set up for? Do you know that the road rehab and the railway network being built is being done with SURE-P funds? If Oga Jonah advocates of scrapping of petroleum subsidy, most of you guys will complain till thy kingdom come.

As for monies to buy seedlings, etc, go and find out about FADAMA and the ADB loan system being given to farmer's cooperatives.

Now between you and I, who is thinking with the anus?

Another a$$ licker and political quagmire on the lose.

It's so fxcking easy for you to stay in ur comfort zone and type rubbish that aren't realisable.

I've got friends who have tried access all ur aforementioned sh*ts, but all hit dead ends.

Abeg shut the fxck up.

Bloody hypocrite.

Sure P my a$$.
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by ogtavia(m): 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ogar.monday:
Source?
Permit me to thank all malabite and malabreses,oga seun,the Op,the Mods and my parents for their inspiration and guidiance,not forgeting GEJ for bringing Nairaland to Naija...this award for 2nd to Comment is for all of you. Gracias
I believe there is time for everything...this thread is saying something serious and u are talking abt being second to comment,what is wrong with you?
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by Baggyshort(m): 7:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
una don try

Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by charlaalah: 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
Which way naija ?. Forward never backward ever.
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by bighead1(m): 8:24pm On Jun 26, 2013

BREAKING

Funke Akindele...

new single... grin

cheesy

June...

graduate at class 2...

Putting on uniforms...

State of origin.

Man u have a factory error grin
Just can't stop laughing
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by emorse(m): 9:31pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ola Johnson: It's a pity many people don't understand the art of law making, as it relates to the three legislative lists of exclusive, concurrent and residual. It's an abuse for there to be a uniformity in wage in a federal state: states are not equally endowed.
I'm in support that, in addition to reviewing the constitution, some items in the exclusive legislative shouldn' just be moved to that of the concurrent. It will be good as leaving them where they are. They should be moved to the residual, where states won't have to contend with the centre.
In English language please. The only thing some of us know about government is the spelling.
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by stagger: 9:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
emmysenior:

It's so fxcking easy for you to stay in ur comfort zone and type rubbish that aren't realisable.

I've got friends who have tried access all ur aforementioned sh*ts, but all hit dead ends.

Abeg shut the fxck up.

Bloody hypocrite.

Sure P my a$$.

Go and hug the nearest transformer you can find. I am not even a member of a political party. I am simply a Nigerian who decided to take his destiny in his own hands and not wait for the Nigerian govt to decide for me how much I should earn.

Do you even know how a government policy affects your life? Govt brings out a policy and rather than get interested in how it will affect you, many dunderheads like yourself prefer to come here to talk any rubbish that enters your head. That your friends could not access anything does not mean there are others that have not done so.

If you like, keep waiting for govt to decide your destiny.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by addicted268(f): 11:13pm On Jun 26, 2013

BREAKING

Funke Akindele...

new single... grin

cheesy

June...

graduate at class 2...

Putting on uniforms...

State of origin.

cheesy very funny.
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by BB013(m): 2:02am On Jun 27, 2013
Ikoniko:
so if u serve finish,u wont work?

I wld but nt for d government
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 27, 2013
Baggyshort: una don try
.which kin babe b did See as hair full im chest
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by tibidokun: 7:19am On Jun 27, 2013
Some states don't even want to pay 18500 before now that d state have power to decide on their own don't be suprise if they started paying 6k as dia mimimum wage, like a state wr theif is dia leader. Pls don't scrab it oooo Oga senators @ d Top.
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by tibidokun: 7:20am On Jun 27, 2013
Some states don't even want to pay 18500 before, now that d state have power to decide on their own, don't be suprise if they started paying 6k as dia mimimum wage, like a state wr theif is dia leader. Pls don't scrab it oooo Oga senators @ d Top.
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by Dbeliever(m): 7:21am On Jun 27, 2013
The senate must be insane for thinking toward scrapping of the minimum wage. If it is to boost the 36 states financial statues, let them scrap down the plenary allowance. Afterall any food they eat is been given to them by the federal government including the bags of foriegn rice. The senate should learn! This is evil.
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by WhoDeyThere(m): 8:16am On Jun 27, 2013
THOSE GUYS IN THE CHAMBERS( BOTH RED AND GREEN), ARE THE WORST ENEMY OF NATION. THEY ALWAYS DANCE TO THE TUNE OF THE SO CALL GOVERNORS. I KNOW GOD WILL HELP COMMON MAN SHA'
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by stineb1: 10:56am On Jun 27, 2013
Ogar.monday:
Source?
Permit me to thank all malabite and malabreses,oga seun,the Op,the Mods and my parents for their inspiration and guidiance,not forgeting GEJ for bringing Nairaland to Naija...this award for 2nd to Comment is for all of you. Gracias
Rugged Action Malabite! We greet you
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 1:12pm On Jun 27, 2013
emmysenior:

Abeg shut the fxck up.

Bloody hypocrite.

Sure P my a$$.
the sure p and you win programs are working infact i was even more dismissive of the program, but after a good friend of mine got 3 million, to start a bakery, i did i begin to believe, but the stress involved is much though, the reality is nothing good comes easy though. As for what the senate did i think we are not dicussing the good of what they did here yet, we are just concentrating on the minimum wage part which is a tiny part of it, what the senate did is a gradual devolution of powers to the states which is a very good thing, for me though they is still much to be done, what i will like to see is true federalism which will foster competition within states which will hence lead to Nigeria's development, Nigeria has other great potential which is better than oil, but unless we end this monthly journey to Abuja for fund we will not have a great nation.
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 1:20pm On Jun 27, 2013
devolving the power for wage decision making to the states does not weaken the labour unions take Jos for instance the workers were able to shutdown the state civil service on their own without the national body
Re: Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage by Solarpower(m): 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
Wicked pple. Make dem try am na,Revolutn go start. Senate dy envy govnors dat dy dnt av mch to handle then eat the natnal cake mre than dem. Ike ekweremmadu wey dy push dis bill dy do am 4 selfish reasns. He's vying 4d enugu guber seat. On d oda hand,govnors wil b favourd. Dy'l b able2 ride on deir state's labour n giv dem peanuts and also demand 4 an additn to states' monthly allocatn. ARRANT NONSENSE *spits on thread and leaves*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe / Saraki Fails To Stop Trial: Set To Be Arraigned Today / Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.