Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,219 members, 7,970,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 03:59 PM

#saveojb An Advice To His Team - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / #saveojb An Advice To His Team (582 Views)

Flavour And His Team Arrive Mali For A Unification Concert / Mercy Johnson's Advice To Ladies / Muhammad Ali’s Advice To His Daughters On Indecent Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#saveojb An Advice To His Team by yusuf01(m): 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
Though I'm not a music lover, but I can but help give an advice to someone in dire need of it. It's no news that the donations given to his course is still a far cry from the amount needed, and the deafening silence of his colleagues is a story for another day.

I don't know maybe someone has done this, but can't someone create a website for his course - teamsaveojb.com (or something like that) and install any of the online payment processors to collect donations?

A picture-laden one-page website is all that is needed,traffic from blogs and forums will be directed to this site and with a payment processor (google wallet or any other processor) installed, people can easily make donations without any hastle.

Thing is, an average nigerian is busy; going to a bank scares a lot of people off. You can't expect a 9to5 employee in a bank to make a fund of #1000, but that same person can use his ATM card to make the donation online.

Another benefit of this is that people living outside the shores of this country can also make contributions without any hastle. Making a $10 paypal fund won't be too much of a problem.

There is power in numbers if used properly; 1000 people donating #1000 is already #10m. Online payment system is the best way to do this.

I just hope one of his team is reading this, because that is the best way to collect donations, nobody wants to face the long queues in the banks just because he wants to contribute to a cause.
Re: #saveojb An Advice To His Team by Rooneyboy(m): 6:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
Someone is almost dying and u are here giving advice on google wallet for Nigerians .

Pls if u don't know, 95 percent of Nigerians are more comfortable with the conventional system of sending within the country.
Re: #saveojb An Advice To His Team by yusuf01(m): 7:09pm On Jun 26, 2013
Rooneyboy: Someone is almost dying and u are here giving advice on google wallet for Nigerians .

Pls if u don't know, 95 percent of Nigerians are more comfortable with the conventional system of sending within the country.

I'll like to know the source you got your statistics from.

How long does it take to set up a professional, fully functional one-page website? Probably less than 4 hrs.
How long has ppl been clamouring for funds? Like 3 to 5 days now.

I believe you don't use the internet often, and even if you do, maybe not to a level to know that the world have moved away from bank deposits; transactions now are done online.

It's a new paradigm that'll pull in more funds if someone is willing to do something. It doesn't take upto #25k do have a functional website within hours, and with the level of awareness, the required traffic to get the funds needed. It's just my 2 cents anyways and everybody is entitled to his opinion

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKER: CEO Of Ewar Make- Over, Adenike Ogungbe, Died / Photo: Desmond Elliot Now Bald / Dr.sid Reveals His Dream Gal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.