Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,147 members, 7,970,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 11:16 AM

The Essence Of Leaving Food Served Knowing You Have None At Home? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Essence Of Leaving Food Served Knowing You Have None At Home? (8174 Views)

See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / How Jollof Rice Was Served In A Party (pics) / See What A Lady Served Her Boyfriend As A Special Delicacy On His Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Essence Of Leaving Food Served Knowing You Have None At Home? by Jglad(f): 2:44pm On Jul 05, 2013
its nt everytin dat u re offered dat u must take.. It jst bein modest... I wish i could write it yoruba, its in ur house dat u can eat a rat wit a belly button.. Translate pls!
Re: The Essence Of Leaving Food Served Knowing You Have None At Home? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 05, 2013
Etiquette varies when it comes to food.
If its in a dinner party, especially a buffet, where you serve yourself, you are supposed to finish up your food, otherwise it means you were greedy and you took more than what you could eat.

In any other way,you should eat just what your belly craves. Its real common sense to finish up your plate, if its a large serving, ask for a smaller plate, or a smaller meal..

Food shouldn't be hardly eaten except it was poorly prepared or if you realise you are allergic to something in it....

1 Like

Re: The Essence Of Leaving Food Served Knowing You Have None At Home? by tellwisdom: 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
Only nigerian gurls eat food in a restaurant and top it with groundnut, later angry
Re: The Essence Of Leaving Food Served Knowing You Have None At Home? by gbengaola: 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2013
when people eat at home,for example,lets say rice,even when it remains just one grain,they will pick it with their spoon to eat,or when done eating a meat they still break the bones,but this is going to be bad at parties,so as long as your spoon cannot pick the food conveniently or u are done eating the the meat and remains the bone,u drop your spoon and u are done eating which is normal,but people now took it to the next level which is highly unnecessary by leaving a large quantity of food which they can still eat,except u are fully satisfied (or for the above stated reasons e.g ur spoon cant pick the food easily),i don't think anyone should leave a large amount of food.People always get things wrong and twisted.

PS:this is only my own point of view,not as if i know of the history of leaving food behind or anything.
Re: The Essence Of Leaving Food Served Knowing You Have None At Home? by Lakayanah: 3:14pm On Jul 05, 2013
OCTAVO: Op, have you ever heard of the word courtesy?
please don't be wasteful with your courtesy talk. You can respectfully ask for a doggie bag.
Re: The Essence Of Leaving Food Served Knowing You Have None At Home? by Owutu1(m): 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
emalek: It started on a monday 1992, have forgetten the date, there was a guy name Seun who told me i can never be on a first page on any front page article, so we went into a bet, the bet is that if am not among the first people to comment in any front page article for a period of one year i will have to pay him 100 thousand naira, which have been doing since 1992, but if i succeed i will be the new owner of NAIRALAND. And i made ìt today but Seun has refused to keep his end of the bargain. So pls nairalander help me fight for my right by telling Seun to make me the new BOSS
seun seun seun how many time did i call you oya respond to the allegation or i call on my nbm barandas to demolish you
Re: The Essence Of Leaving Food Served Knowing You Have None At Home? by laykhorn(m): 4:16pm On Jul 05, 2013
emalek: It started on a monday 1992, have forgetten the date, there was a guy name Seun who told me i can never be on a first page on any front page article, so we went into a bet, the bet is that if am not among the first people to comment in any front page article for a period of one year i will have to pay him 100 thousand naira, which have been doing since 1992, but if i succeed i will be the new owner of NAIRALAND. And i made ìt today but Seun has refused to keep his end of the bargain. So pls nairalander help me fight for my right by telling Seun to make me the new BOSS
Your Stupidity knows no boundary
Re: The Essence Of Leaving Food Served Knowing You Have None At Home? by ignis: 5:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
I do finish my food, especially if I paid for the food with my money. I no send anybody.
Re: The Essence Of Leaving Food Served Knowing You Have None At Home? by aAK1(m): 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2013
Thanks to such people,my dogs get leftovers every night.if u r a dog owner,u know what I mean.
Re: The Essence Of Leaving Food Served Knowing You Have None At Home? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 05, 2013

I swear ur mumu no get part 2! Na u be first to comment for this post?
Re: The Essence Of Leaving Food Served Knowing You Have None At Home? by MMotimo: 5:05am On Jul 06, 2013
@ Topic

You should finish what you serve yourself/accept though might be harder to do in a Naija party setting or in a restaurant where they serve you a loaded plate and you can't say "please, reduce it."

Other than those settings, it's mostly just another habit the uncultured demonstrate because they ignorantly think it's cool. Waste is not cool and manners like that are not welcome in my home.
Re: The Essence Of Leaving Food Served Knowing You Have None At Home? by Nicemoc(f): 7:48am On Jul 06, 2013
I don't do that. If I'm gonna eat out, I make sure I order a quantity I can finish. ₪☺ 'forming' or anything involved. Some people live their lives in the shadow of what others think. How can someone buy you food with their hard earned money and you just end up wasting Ȋ̝̊̅†? E ₪☺ pure nah!
Re: The Essence Of Leaving Food Served Knowing You Have None At Home? by mondaypaul77(m): 1:22am On Jul 07, 2013
It is expected that if you are served in a corporate or business meeeting dont finish it but if it is in a restaurant or owambe as the case maybe you are free to clean the plate, but in a clean and decent manner.[sup][/sup]
Re: The Essence Of Leaving Food Served Knowing You Have None At Home? by smartg(m): 9:37am On Jul 07, 2013
Wasting of food is a common sin we commit everyday, why do you have to accept food that you cannot finish? while many people are out there dying of hunger. This also is common among some people, when you give them food, they will eat only the meat and leave the food for you. I hate that wit passion, its better you request for ordinary meat than to waste my food.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Food Inflation Rises To 21.79% In February 2021 (Highest In 15 Years) / Palm Oil: How To Bleach For Cooking – No Smell, No Smoke / When Last Did You Eat On Your Dinning Table?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.