Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,360 members, 7,937,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:16 PM

ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns (15388 Views)

Army Arrests Kenneth Kobani, SSG, Rivers / Wike Appoints Kenneth Kobani As SSG / National Treasurer Of New PDP Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by PrintShop: 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2013
He was the National Treasurer of the ACN. & He was not upgraded to be the National Treasurer of the APC, so what's the fuss. He had to resign cos ther's gonna be no more ACN in future. Its just a simple logic to resign.

So, there's no slant anywhere. For those who understand simple logic, like this post.

And the money he has acquired since 2010 is enough for a not too greedy person to start up a lucrative business with.

Thanks,

Yours sincerely,
A Concerned Nigerian

8 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2013
Ngwakwe: There is still time for APC to correct this imbalance where their flag bearers are pre determined.

The last time we heard of ANPP, Ogbonna Onu of Ebonyi State is still their National Chairman even though their Party is primarily a Northern Party.

Secondly, National Secretary of APGA is a core Northerner.

During the last municipal elections in Abuja, ACN, PPA and APGA were very active in the election though being regional parties.

APC should be a Mega National Party where merit and equality are used to settle the competitive aspirations of its members.

Well, did you think for one second that maybe APC has decided to do away with the "Nigerian Way" of dolling out posts based on tribe and religion instead of qualification and performance and as such could care less if one region/religion gets a lot of posts insofar as they are able to do the job required of them?

1 Like

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by ALTRUTH(m): 6:02pm On Jun 27, 2013
slimghost: Kobani, the man who saw tomorrow. APC is a party of morons and losers.

Pls tell them 4 me. APC is a dustbin 4 PDP, a gathering of vampires & vultures including doyakanu d overgrown ape & eko monkey ile

2 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by flexshop(m): 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
Ok, let me say the truth, I dislike GEJ but I prefer a Northern candidate as flagbearer in PDP as winner than in APC.
Reason: PDP is the only truly National party.the others are just regional contraptions
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Goddex: 6:08pm On Jun 27, 2013
Just last week in Nasarawa state, the media reported how over 50,000 CPC and APC faithfuls including the ACN gubernatorial candidate dumped the APC for the PDP.

When the chips are down, the PDP will show these guys that politics is far beyond media propaganda, press statements and Internet parrot bragging.

3 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 27, 2013
APC is a party that has failed even before starting

2 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2013
I expect more of this in coming months. Many of these losers will sing dirty songs to Nigerians' ears. Like all political parties, APC has strong and weak bases, but all parts of Nigeria are represented. APC welcomes all Nigerians and there's no rule or policy that bars anyone from any ethnic group or religious inclinations. If you exclude yourself, don't blame it on APC!

I am sure if the dude had been nominated as APC chairman, he wouldn't be singing this dirty song. What a loser!

6 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by honestivo(m): 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2013
This is just beggining,more to follow. Soon nigerian would understand the danger that is to come from this aggregate of desperate politician
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Goddex: 6:15pm On Jun 27, 2013
slimghost: Kobani, the man who saw tomorrow. APC is a party of morons and losers.

I feel you bros.
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by ubest1(m): 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2013
I want APC to prove us wrong by allowing one state in SW to rule by christian if possible Lagos

1 Like

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by searay(m): 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2013
I don't want to comment or should I?
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by seunlayi(m): 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
this one no be new thing jawe grin grin grin grin off to another thread
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by curtain: 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
Its really not an option to turn ur support to a bigot like buhari, kenneth you were close to them and u knew them better,you must be a true nationalist that couldn't tolerate the ideology of the touts surronding you anymore, even though your letter was not offensive am sure those touts would soon rain insult on you. Many more ACNs to follow.
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Boyoorisha: 6:34pm On Jun 27, 2013
THE Action Congress of Nigeria on Monday announced the suspension of its National Treasurer, Chief Kenneth Kobani, and the party’s Publicity Secretary, Mr. Jerry Needam.

The party, in a statement by its Rivers State Chairman, Esuku Esuku, and its Secretary, Mr. Ngoji Warmate, said the suspension was based on the anti-party activities of the affected members.

Esuku specifically accused Needam of being present at the Port Harcourt International Airport to receive the State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party Chairman, Mr. Felix Obuah. Besides, he said Nedam had also issued statements in favour of the state PDP.

Explaining that their suspension was based on the violation of Articles 7.11, 9.1 and 9.2 of the state ACN constitution, the opposition party also named two members of its Executive; Mr. Ibieneye Lolo and Loli Green, among those who were affected by the suspension.

The statement read, “The following members of the Action Congress of Nigeria in Rivers State have been suspended with immediate effect for anti-party activities.

“They are Mr. Kenneth Kobani, Jerry Needam, Mr. Ibieneye Lolo, Loli Green and Mrs. Nancy Nwankwo. Their suspension was based on the violation of Article 7.11 and Article 9.1 and 9.2 of the ACN constitution.

“The suspended members were involved in a romance with the PDP in the state and participating in PDP activities as well as public blackmailing of the national leadership of the party (ACN), thereby disabusing the mind of party faithful and loyalists.”

It, however, indicated that Mr. Oyagiri Chiemalam had been directed to take over as the state acting Publicity Secretary of the ACN.

But Kobani described the statement suspending him as laughable, adding that the state chairman of the party, who is on an acting capacity, had no right to suspend an executive member of the party at the national level.

Kabani said, “Esuku is on the payroll of government. He (Esuku) tupifies some crop of politicians in the country today, who are just after their pockets. Some people have no moral decency.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/rivers-acn-in-crisis-as-party-fires-spokesman/

4 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by portside(m): 6:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
wow! so we still have some honest people in Nigeria politices,Personally I've not had about this man before,but now I think he deserves some respect,for as Nigeria politician to resign
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Afam4eva(m): 6:42pm On Jun 27, 2013
The points that Mr Kobani has raised is the downside of APC. They have that ethnic and religious slant and they are not ashamed to say it. That's why PDP despite their many evils will remain that devil that some people know and will rather have because of their nationalistic setup. Moving forward, APC as a party have to address some of this shortcoming because that was also their major weakness prior to the 2011 election.
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by gunuvi(m): 6:42pm On Jun 27, 2013
Next pls...shebi we tell una una no wan gree.
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Akainzo(m): 6:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
flexshop: Ok, let me say the truth, I dislike GEJ but I prefer a Northern candidate as flagbearer in PDP as winner than in APC.
Reason: PDP is the only truly National party.the others are just regional contraptions

Please share your thoughts on how any party would become a National party if all we do is not vote them because PDP is presently the only "National" party.
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by dayokanu(m): 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2013
Afam4eva: The points that Mr Kobani has raised is the downside of APC. They have that ethnic and religious slant and they are not ashamed to say it. That's why PDP despite their many evils will remain that devil that some people know and will rather have because of their nationalistic setup. Moving forward, APC as a party have to address some of this shortcoming because that was also their major weakness prior to the 2011 election.

What ethnic religious slant if you care to expatiate?

And APC was not in existence in 2011 unless you live in a separate world
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by KwoiZabo(m): 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2013
I thought kobani is a south-south name. Pls Mr Kobani what are you doing there? Have you become Amaechi? undecided
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Delafruita(m): 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2013
u-best:
I want APC to prove us wrong by allowing one state in SW to rule by christian if possible Lagos
are you alright?fayemi and amosun worship buddha abi
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by mike404(m): 6:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
cool
Afam4eva: The points that Mr Kobani has raised is the downside of APC. They have that ethnic and religious slant and they are not ashamed to say it. That's why PDP despite their many evils will remain that devil that some people know and will rather have because of their nationalistic setup. Moving forward, APC as a party have to address some of this shortcoming because that was also their major weakness prior to the 2011 election.
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Longeria(m): 7:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
Alhaji Murdermadu Buhari, Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu, (BAT) , Alhaji liar mumuhead, Alhaji Elrufai, Alhaja farouk, Alhaji nuhu Ribadu, Alhaji Fashola, Alhaji shekaru, Alhaji Aregbeshola.............

I pity some southerners who are following Bola Ahmed Tinubu ( BAT) sheepishly to slaughter slab, Alhaji people's council, APC. Kobani has done well by avoiding the evil bandwagon. Better late than never.

5 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by badesco(m): 7:02pm On Jun 27, 2013
APC would not survive test of time because it is full of strange fellows. No ideologies.
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Symphony007: 7:08pm On Jun 27, 2013
Before PDP goons start popping bottles of champage i urge you to return the wine to the celler because kenneth kobani was never an ACN member, if was always in PDP. Infact. He was commisioner of finance for peter odili in rivers state. He only joined PdP when ameachi came on board, now with the current witch hunt by jonathan's goons in the state, he has left ACN and is positioning himself for a return to government if jonathan suceed in deposing ameachi. Same thing with abiye sekibo, gubernatorial candidate for the ACN in the 2011 rivers election who just resigned from the party too and he is an from okrika, patience jonathan's homtown. Mr and mrs jonathan are really working!!!

2 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Bambela(m): 7:18pm On Jun 27, 2013
Kenneth, thank God that made you see beyond human imagination. I urge you to forge ahead and give testimony in the church.
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:18pm On Jun 27, 2013
pistol: Kk,
One of the principal agents that looted rivers state blind during the tenure of peter odili.
See the caliber of people that answers progressives,
Smh.
They ACN dudes have sidelined you and you are just realising that it is an ethno religious party.
I de laff.
Click like if you want to see GEJ in aso rock till 2019
Click like if u want APC in aso rock 2015 till d death of corruption & poverty!

1 Like

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by ifihearam: 7:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
ITS ONLY A FOOL THAT WILL BE ASSOCIATED WITH A SERIAL LOSER LIKE BUHARI,I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN THAT THIS APC IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL.I PITY TINUBU BECAUSE THIS MIGHT BE THE END OF HIS POLITICAL CAREER. SHAME ON ASIWAJU.

3 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by ewet: 7:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
This is an ethocentric bigot. THe letter he wrote is laced allover with bigotry. All he was saying was tht the party does not consider naija's heterogenous nature. In wht way and in wht context. If the APC likes let them load the entire leadership with igbos or only hausas. i dnt care as long as thy are considred as the best for the job.

This is one of the people who blivs leadership shuld be abt where one is from and not the ability of the individual.He can leave and go back to the dysfunctional chauvinistic naija we are all so much in a hurry to get rid off.

1 Like

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by NaijaNaWaa: 7:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
APC = Association of Practising Criminals
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by NaijaNaWaa: 7:29pm On Jun 27, 2013
ewet: This is an ethocentric bigot. THe letter he wrote is laced allover with bigotry. All he was saying was tht the party does not consider naija's heterogenous nature. In wht way and in wht context. If the APC likes let them load the entire leadership with igbos or only hausas. i dnt care as long as thy are considred as the best for the job.

This is one of the people who blivs leadership shuld be abt where one is from and not the ability of the individual.He can leave and go back to the dysfunctional chauvinistic naija we are all so much in a hurry to get rid off.

This is how you bigots come here to spit crap. Swear that you don't care if APC is loaded with Igbos or that you don't understand where Kobani is coming from. If you dont see anything wrong when a section of the country sees Naija as their personal property while using quota system to deny more qualified people opportunities na your wahala be that one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Awards N200,000 Against LASTMA For Impounding Lawyer’s Vehicle / Majek Fashek To Dino Melaye: "Fire Go Burn All Your Enemies" / Ogun Government Takes Action As Banks Remain Closed Over Robbery Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.