Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,338 members, 7,881,246 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:06 PM

Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father (21471 Views)

FFK Comes For Gov. Amaechi’s Father, Says He Was A Palm-wine Tapping Peasant / I'm Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father, Says Jang / Aliyu Insists Amaechi Defeated Jang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by Slipknot(m): 11:26am On Jun 28, 2013
Lugano: Posted by: Channels TelevisionPosted date: June 27, 2013In: Current, Headlines| comment : 7 Comments and 0 Reactions
[url][/url]http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/06/27/im-old-enough-to-be-your-father-jang-tells-amaechi/[img][/img]
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31in-8eaYSk&feature=player_embedded
The factional leader of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) and Governor of Plateau state Governor, Jonah Jang, has said he is not quarrelling with Governor Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers State insisting that he is too old for such squabbles.

Speaking to journalist at the sideline of the dinner organised by President Goodluck Jonathan to celebrate his mid-term in office, Mr Jang said he is old enough to be Mr Amaechi’s father.

He said, “Amaechi is my younger brother, infact, I can say son because if you look at Amaechi’s age, I’m old enough to be his father.”

Ask to respond to Mr Amaechi’s statement that he polled 19 to defeat him at the NGF elections, Mr Jang said, “Well, that is his problem but I know that I am the Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum.”

Mr Amaechi defeated Mr Jang of Plateau by 19 votes to 16 last month to re-emerge as the forum’s chairman. Mr Jang, alongside 15 other governors have since formed a parallel forum.

Jang is undemocratic

Mr Amaechi, who had earlier presided a brief meeting of 15 governors at the Rivers State Governor’s lodge, had referred to Mr Jang as ‘undemocratic’ for refusing to accept the result of the NGF election.

Also speaking to reporters at the presidential dinner party, the Rivers State governor said, “Anybody who support him, including the television house is undemocratic.

“I have said it in a statement that at any point in time, we can’t accept 19 governors against 16, then we are afraid of 2015.”

Asked if he was suspended from his political party – the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) – for refusing to step down for Governor Jang, Mr Amaechi said, “If the party is suspending me for that reason, then too bad; the party too must learn to be democratic.

“I’m not aware that the party has given any reason for suspending me but if they say this is the reason then it is too bad. The party is yet to give me any reason for my suspension, but if that’s the reason that means the party is undemocratic.”

i think Amaechi's ''father'' should go and fix his state in other.
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by Afolabs101: 11:28am On Jun 28, 2013
Lugano:
Ask to respond to Mr Amaechi’s statement that he polled 19 to defeat him at the NGF elections, Mr Jang said, “Well, that is his problem but I know that I am the Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum.”

2015:

Asked to respond to _____'s statement that he polled 24 states to defeat him at the General Election, Mr. Johnathan said, "well, that is his problem but I know that I am the President-Elect"
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by chalxdon(m): 11:45am On Jun 28, 2013
Goddex: Jang was military administrator of two states and now a two time elected governor of Plateau state. All together, he has been governor four times. He was governor of two states when Ameachi was a nobody. He knows exactly what he is talking about. Ameachi is not Jang's mate.
what does his age have to do with the issue of NGF Do you think this is a village meeting where the oldest is the head?? Grow up joor
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by ddeola: 11:50am On Jun 28, 2013
Then you should be ashamed of yourself that you allowed another small boy to pitch you against your son, you are a disgrace to fathers. angry angry angry
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by ojialo(m): 11:54am On Jun 28, 2013
U guys dont even knw the truth behind this tussle the constitution of the NGF says a single tenure why will amechi come out to contest again, u guys should always get facts b4 u insult on d internet, amechi is a dectator and dos who voted 4 him are selfish and dont want dis country 2 move 4ward oh ha! Ya ga zuwe ike.
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by Myself2(m): 11:57am On Jun 28, 2013
Well Governor Jang,you don't have to expatiate or overflog the age difference,that's not why we are here.
We know you are the chairman of the REAL and IMPORTANT faction of the governors forum,let Amaechi be leading the useless bunch of ACN and CPC governors,maybe he will help them determine who flies their flag at the 2015 elections

1 Like

Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by EPOMA(m): 12:00pm On Jun 28, 2013
Goddex: Jang was military administrator of two states and now a two time elected governor of Plateau state. All together, he has been governor four times. He was governor of two states when Ameachi was a nobody. He knows exactly what he is talking about. Ameachi is not Jang's mate.
Please make sense, what does he know what he is talking about.
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by UyiIredia(m): 12:04pm On Jun 28, 2013

This I think is sad. I do not hear of anything substantial Jang has done as the Plateau state governor. That he was a military administrator makes him a suspect of looting since that, for the most part, was the order of the day during the era of military regimes. Jang's comment (if you are chanced to watch it) was a subtle disparage of Amaechi's person on the basis of age. He deserves scolding for it.

1 Like

Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by billyG(m): 12:04pm On Jun 28, 2013
oooH!how i wish i am a fool,& a sitting Guvnor grin grin grin grin
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by Suljosh: 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2013
If you claim to be old enough to be his father, then stop JANGING about and give him his mandate, and stop parading yourself as the chairman of the NGF. R.E.T.A.R.D.E.E.N
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by realone2012: 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
He has been governor four times for four years right 4x4=16years! Please tell me 16 incredible things Mr Jang has done in that 16yrs time.
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by pendusky(m): 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
ilugunboy: Village old man....his type are not needed or in fact cannot move Nigeria to anywhere we should be heading...Military men in civilian clothings are not what we need.
hw much do u knw Jang?? SMH.
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by collynzo2(m): 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
lorretta u: If he's too old to associate with amaechi's group,then he should go to where his mates are.
Retirement homes or the grave. grin
Deep!
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by Mickeysho(m): 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
Na wa o... So naija politics don turn to age parole... Jang get serious malaria fever
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by damola57: 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
Hung is just allowing himself to be used by some brain less beings.
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by Fantacy1(m): 12:49pm On Jun 28, 2013
Shame on J.J- Jonah Jang 4 acepting 2 be used in dis kind of dirty game. U ar contending wit sm1 u say u ar old enough 2 be his father
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by stchinedu: 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
Then quit politics grandpa.
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
Sir Jang, Respect your old age grin
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by rotman150: 1:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
Kids, if I tell you 16 is greater than 19. Don't you dare argue cos I've been in this world long before you were born! grin

1 Like

Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by TonySpike: 1:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
I.Joan:

This reminds me of Tywin Lannister:

Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.
grin grin grin

You really must like "Game of Thrones"
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by bidx101: 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
Mr Jang, You should be ashamed of yourself, fighting over a position with your son. Ahhhhhh. All because You want τ̅o steal more money
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by fulli16(m): 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
oga JANG sorry 4 disturbing u @ this time, i know how important ur age is to you,(especially when it comes 2 heading NGF) but there is a situation that requires ur attention in ur state.
I heard over 33[b] human beings[/b] were killed
just tot u needed b informed!
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by omenka(m): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
The way these men play politics is no different than what obtains in our tertiary institutions.

Since I was born, and now I am old, I've never seen anywhere 16>19!!
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by Od31(m): 1:48pm On Jun 28, 2013

I don't understand how people think. We in democracy! It is not age and or how many times Mr Jang has been a gov. the fact that he contested an election with someone and lost, His experience and age should have made he civil enough to either conceed defeat or go to court to seek redress if there he feels there was something wrong with the election process that gave Ameachi 19 votes. He announcing that he is the chairman of NGF when he lost the election is very very undemocratic.
If he is not ameachi's mate while did he contest? Nigerian Mentality. They are both Governors of different states so they are Mates.
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by omonnakoda: 1:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
No he is not Amaechi's coeval, this is equally true for Barack Obama who could maybe be his son but how is that relevant to the issue on ground
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by SPSpecial(m): 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2013
What a man of green horn........ How old is he, now he is ashame
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by eightsin(m): 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
What has age got to do with NGF? #NP: Dbang, dont tell me nonsense...
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by AbuMikey(m): 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
Shameless Old Cargo!!!!
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 28, 2013

The number of time you've been quoted here will most likely break Nairaland record of most quoted comment and it's all for the wrong reason.....the verdict on your comment is awful to say the least.

pendusky: hw much do u knw Jang?? SMH.

I don't need to know him more than I do at the moment to make a comment on him......he got to where he is today due mainly to nepotism in the military that catapulted him above his competence....and it's glaring in the way he has managed the crisis in Jos and his latest utterances on the NGF crisis..
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by gbemisolaogunbo(f): 2:55pm On Jun 28, 2013
Grandpa,u said u are old enough to b Amaechi's father,so ur own old age is to cheat ur junior and they were stil teling u dat 19votes to 16votes dat wat did u c to dat u said u don't care all wat u know is dat u ar d chairman of NGF and u people are not fearing God again even @ old age.And hw wil u convince us now dat u did not force urself into power too(as in d governor's seat)u people shuld just fear God sha.
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by armadeo(m): 3:00pm On Jun 28, 2013
the first "president" i was aware of was gen ibb. then i was told i was the leader of tomorrow some years ago ibb tried to be the leader again in two yrs it will be 30yrs dat i've heard of him.

moral of the story jang if u are old enuff 2 be his father pls retire for him its his turn now. Leave the road for the leaders of tomorrow, our tommorow has arrived.
Abi our children were the leaders u spoke of. ODE!!

@ this age u should be calming tension with amaechi and anoda son of urs
Re: Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father by trappatoni(m): 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
babadem2much: truth be told, experience and age wishers Ameachi is never Jang's mate 2x milad n 2x Gov civil. am not a fan of jang but lets view it critically
what has that got to do with anything? experience that makes you think 16 is greater than 19 right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Yahaya Bello Arrives Okene Amid Cheers From Massive Crowd. Photos / President Goodluck Jonathan Will Win On Saturday - Abdullahi Maibasira / Nigeria’ll Disintegrate If Uwazuruike Is Arrested – MASSOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.