Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,199 members, 7,880,741 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:14 AM

Job Application Letters-How To Get More Replies - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Application Letters-How To Get More Replies (611 Views)

More Pressure On Economy As Online Job Application Declines Over 46% / Access Bank 10 Minutes Per Day Job Application (share Your Experiences So Far) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Job Application Letters-How To Get More Replies by TechJunky(m): 3:35pm On May 14, 2008
Do you want to get replies to your letters of application? Well, if you are like me, I guess you do.

Just take the following steps.

1. State clearly where and when you saw the vacancy. If it is a published opening, mention the name of the publication and date.

2. List your specific skills e.g, let's say you are web designer, then list your skills as follows:

*Can set up new sites using dreamweaver or Frontpage

* Can layout new webpages from scratch

* Can use templates and design new templates

* Can batch process images

* Can program dynamic sites using PHP, AJAX and ASP, and so on.

You get the idea. Just make sure these are skills the job you are applying for needs.

I sent 15 apps using this method, and I got a reply to 13 of them!

Well, your own result may not be be this high but you are sure to get more responses.

Note that you should put this in the letter of application, not the CV plss.

Try it!

(1) (Reply)

Undergrad,in Need Of Vacation Job: Any Help? / Looking For A Job! This Might Interest You / Gtbank Test In Kaduna 10 May, Any News?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.