Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,621 members, 7,918,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:18 PM

Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number (10836 Views)

New Plate Number And Driver's License / New Frsc Driver's License / Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by everyday: 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2013
The Nigerian police forxe is a disgrace
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by soulfood(m): 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2013
Professor Peter: Bros, i will not believe you that you are carrying a geniue driving license until FRSC comes out publicly to inform us about this development. But for now you are driving with a fake driving license

HERE COMES THE MEN IN BLACK....Guess you are just sad cause information age has succeeded in pouring sand inside your garri. Go earn honestly and save lives you swore to protect not extort them. Did your colleagues come out to inform us about the extortion they have been carrying out?

1 Like

Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by Exponental(m): 1:12pm On Jun 29, 2013
@op, What was FRSC's response?
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by Exponental(m): 1:16pm On Jun 29, 2013
everyday: The Nigerian police forxe is a disgrace
point of correction, FORCE was removed by obj to discourage FORCEful extortion but he either forgot to add VENTURES or didnt add it for political reasons. NIGERIA POLICE VENTURES.

1 Like

Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by todayguest(m): 1:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
andyanders: Lagos Police men are just another branch of trained robbers with official licence.
u wicked die(lol)
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by groovie(m): 1:33pm On Jun 29, 2013
Wait o! there is no alpha numeric code at the back of the NEW licence except ur talking about the old one.
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by todayguest(m): 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2013
gbadexy: Are they even supposed to ask for vehicle documents?
I watched a t.v program where their PRO said they are only permitted to stop and search a cordoned area if a crime was just committed in the area and the car is searched and the license is matched against the description of the suspect.
That's strictly the duty of VIO.
you can ask yourself this simple question:Why are cases of stolen vehicles reported to the police if it's not their duty;nd how are such vehicles been recovered.? Can't think the last time I heard VIO recover one! I guess you didn't get the PRO correct.
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by jpphilips(m): 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2013
rman: Nice info.
A friend was harassed and made to part with 5k in Ilorin because of this code issue. He swore he got it at FRSC office.

I didn't really have this info so he had to cooperate. I checked mine and the code matched.

learn not to be giving such amount to the police, a lawyer friend wont even charge you dat much
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2013
how much is the new license
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by InvertedHammer: 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2013
meracool: That Is Where they Source Revenue for theselve... Haba

It is called IGR: Internal Generated Revenue grin grin grin
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by soulfood(m): 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2013
Exponental: @op, What was FRSC's response?

My confirmation at F.R.S.C proves otherwise. F.R.S.C is a federal body with arms in various states so states that have large demand(Lagos)sometimes request for empty plastic tags from those that don't have such demand whenever they are short in supply. The request is usually made from states that do not have much demand and have excess empty tags. This is allowed within the law of the F.R.S.C. So what happens is that Mr A goes to get his license at F.R.S.C Ojodu, Lagos but his capture and data are put on a tag that was originally produced for Cross Rivers. Hence the license is Lagos issued based on data input at the F.R.S.C capture point but the empty plastic tag on which it is printed still carries the state that the tag was manufactured for.

The police have this information according to F.R.S.C, yet they prow on innocent citizens threatening them with arrest and delay just to get some money off them. I had to go to F.R.S.C office at Ojodu after falling victim to this ploy by men meant to uphold the law but twist it to suit their pocket at every chance.
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by Milito: 7:22pm On Jun 29, 2013
Good info. Thanks guys.

But house be informed about the new strategy of Lagos Uniformed men.

This time around... VIO.

Whenever they collect ur licence they will check it on this website.

https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/

If the details does not come, then u re in for it.

They will just declare tht its fake & then cut u a ticket for a 10k fine.
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by psalmizt(m): 9:46pm On Jun 29, 2013
j4sure: Thanks for the Info.

But do anyone has d idea of where to get d New Driver license in Ogun State?tnks
Abeokuta/Ijebu Ode/Sagamu/Ojodu Abiodun/Otta
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by psalmizt(m): 9:51pm On Jun 29, 2013
Milito: Good info. Thanks guys.

But house be informed about the new strategy of Lagos Uniformed men.

This time around... VIO.

Whenever they collect ur licence they will check it on this website.

https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/

If the details does not come, then u re in for it.

They will just declare tht its fake & then cut u a ticket for a 10k fine.

That is just twisting the intention of that site... Before you fall victim of these dishonourable uniformed men, ask yourself this question: How did I get my licence? Did I get it by proxy? If Yes, then it is fake. Authentic Driver's Licence can only be gotten if you are physically present to process it. Giving people passport photograph (51% of driver's licence holders in Nigeria do it this way) is tantamount to getting a fake licence.
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by Ntabeh: 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2013
konami001: Thanks OP... When my turn come, i go follow them go that station make them tell me the law wey catch me
.guy if u reach there u must pay for bail, just avoid them and be polite wit them bt firm, i be civilian captain them all the fear me
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by mayrie1(f): 3:38pm On Jun 30, 2013
konami001: Thanks OP... When my turn come, i go follow them go that station make them tell me the law wey catch me
I heard dey kill dose who do not co-operate while pretending 2 take dem 2 d station.
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by nke001: 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2013
Police and Driver's license! Any link?

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Motors Takes A Swipe At Tesla In New Cadillac's Super Cruise Commercial / Abuja Ban On Minibuses Starts Today / Mercedes Reportedly Sold Over A Million Vehicles By Cheating Emission Tests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.