Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,198 members, 7,884,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 05:19 AM

African Images-sights And Sounds! - Culture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Images-sights And Sounds! (122168 Views)

Interesting Images From Precolonial And Early Colonial Africa / Videos And Sounds of People Speaking Igbo / The Edo Alphabet: A Look At The Benin Letters And Sounds By Richmond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Fulaman198(m): 10:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: exactly. Only radicalists African and Arabs dress that way . Little girls don't have to cover anything. And radicalists are found in Chad Niger and Nigeria.
Again no Moslems dress that way in Cameroon

That is not true at all my friend,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hFyjhaAcYI and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w2n2oVPI7s

There are women in that video that are wearing Hijab (I do not care if they do or do not). But there is a larger Fulani population in Northern Cameroon that do. A Cameroonian Fulani is no different from a Chadian/Eastern Niger/Nigerian Fulani, we all speak the same dialect, and have the same customs.

Look at Gerewol in Cameroon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whScUOYWHRw&

Or my favourite musician Abba Djaouro singing with this lady:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKxvDCwNL5g
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
^^ are u blind ? It doesn't even look the same. Besides this on stage ..
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 25, 2013
Hijab ain't a fulani custom
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Fulaman198(m): 11:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Hijab ain't a fulani custom

What I'm saying is that I am from a village only 100km from Cameroon, I have been to Maroua, Garoua, Ngaoundere, and I have seen Cameroonian women wear Hijab. Hijab is a Muslim custom. I know you hate Muslims and Christians, I am not even going to bother arguing that with you. But to say no one wears Hijab in Cameroon just is not true.
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

What I'm saying is that I am from a village only 100km from Cameroon, I have been to Maroua, Garoua, Ngaoundere, and I have seen Cameroonian women wear Hijab. Hijab is a Muslim custom. I know you hate Muslims and Christians, I am not even going to bother arguing that with you. But to say no one wears Hijab in Cameroon just is not true.
I have been to Ngaoundere and Garoua too.they cover their hair but with foulards(I know u understand French) few wear hijabs and most of the hijab wearers are from Chad and Nigeria.
I hate Islam and the rest. I don't hate Moslems of Christians
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Fulaman198(m): 11:31pm On Sep 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I have been to Ngaoundere and Garoua too.they cover their hair but with foulards(I know u understand French) few wear hijabs and most of the hijab wearers are from Chad and Nigeria.
I hate Islam and the rest. I don't hate Moslems of Christians

All the people I visited with were not Nigerian, but Cameroonian. Adamawa Nigeria and Adamaoua Cameroon are one in the same. Perhaps the ones who do not wear the hijab were non-Fulani or non-Hausa, it doesn't matter. If a woman wears hijab or not, it's her choice.
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

All the people I visited with were not Nigerian, but Cameroonian. Adamawa Nigeria and Adamaoua Cameroon are one in the same. Perhaps the ones who do not wear the hijab were non-Fulani or non-Hausa, it doesn't matter. If a woman wears hijab or not, it's her choice.
yeyea here we are talking about kids and I repeat kids don't wear such thing in Cameroon ..
What do u mean are one in the same?
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
There are no indigenous Hausa in Cameroon
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Fulaman198(m): 11:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: There are no indigenous Hausa in Cameroon

Are you 100% sure of that?
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 26, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: There are no indigenous Hausa in Cameroon
20 million ppl! Is often too small a population, not to know each one's ethnic group. But I will agree with u if u say dere are no hausa-indigenes in d state. Perhaps there can be hausa nomads or emmigrants in there
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Fulaman198(m): 12:25am On Sep 26, 2013
Silkmoth33: 20 million ppl! Is often too small a population, not to know each one's ethnic group. But I will agree with u if u say dere are no hausa-indigenes in d state. Perhaps there can be hausa nomads or emmigrants in there

Cameroon has about 200 ethnic groups, I don't even know all 250 in Nigeria and I'm a Nigerian, I don't expect him to know all 200 in Cameroon and there are close to 3 million Hausa speakers in Cameroon.
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

Cameroon has about 200 ethnic groups, I don't even know all 250 in Nigeria and I'm a Nigerian, I don't expect him to know all 200 in Cameroon and there are close to 3 million Hausa speakers in Cameroon.
3millions what? My friend pass me the ganja and Hausa is not even recognized as a language or lingua franca in any region? Lol or u wanted to say fufulde ? Tho the number is still exaggerated
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 26, 2013
Silkmoth33: 20 million ppl! Is often too small a population, not to know each one's ethnic group. But I will agree with u if u say dere are no hausa-indigenes in d state. Perhaps there can be hausa nomads or emmigrants in there
there are none .they are immigrant traders etc .
@fula give me the name of one Hausa village here? There are plenty Hausa but they ain't indigenous
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

Are you 100% sure of that?
yes .
U can't ignore a big ethnic group like Hausa.if they were indigenous I would have known.
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Fulaman198(m): 12:36am On Sep 26, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: 3millions what? My friend pass me the ganja and Hausa is not even recognized as a language or lingua franca in any region? Lol or u wanted to say fufulde ? Tho the number is still exaggerated

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausa_people I guess it is 2.3 million my mistake.
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausa_people I guess it is 2.3 million my mistake.
significant number living in Cameroon and again I repeat they ain't indigenous. There are up to 4millions Nigerians in Cameroon with igbos, Hausa and kanuri leading the chart. It does not make igbo indigenous in Cameroon .we know were is igboland and where is hausaland wink
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 26, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: there are none .they are immigrant traders etc .
@fula give me the name of one Hausa village here? There are plenty Hausa but they ain't indigenous

Wow I find this last part hard to believe.

U mean to tell me that there are no aboki, vagabond, rich, or illegal hausa immigrant in ur country? On a profession visa(tapping palmtrees or felling some) or a business ticket(fixing pipes) or heist robbery operation centred somewhere in yaounde or other city or perhaps for a honeymoon time in ur country.
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Fulaman198(m): 12:41am On Sep 26, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: significant number living in Cameroon and again I repeat they ain't indigenous. There are up to 4millions Nigerians in Cameroon with igbos, Hausa and kanuri leading the chart. It does not make igbo indigenous in Cameroon .we know were is igboland and where is hausaland wink

Ok, I understand you
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 26, 2013
Sorry, never mind what I wrote. So u admit that there are hausa ppl in cameroon
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 26, 2013
They also mentioned Saudi Arabia r u going to say they are also indigenous there?
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 26, 2013
Silkmoth33:

Wow I find this last part hard to believe.

U mean to tell me that there are no aboki, vagabond, rich, or illegal hausa immigrant in ur country? On a profession visa(tapping palmtrees or felling some) or a business ticket(fixing pipes) or heist robbery operation centred somewhere in yaounde or other city or perhaps for a honeymoon time in ur country.
there are plenty Hausa here. Rich and poor.
Criminals and law abiding people
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 26, 2013
Silkmoth33: Sorry, never mind what I wrote. So u admit that there are hausa ppl in cameroon
no wahala. Admit lol I was not hiding it lol ..there are Hausa here plenty. I don't know who passes who Hausa or Igbos .but Hausa/both ain't indigenous. I love their suya
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by 419forlife: 4:05am On Sep 26, 2013
christmas

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by 419forlife: 4:07am On Sep 26, 2013
juse witch girls

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by 419forlife: 4:08am On Sep 26, 2013
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2013
uGANDA

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2013
market place in kampala

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2013
streets of kampala-Uganda

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (67) (Reply)

Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. / Igbo Architecture | Ụlọ omé n'Ìgbò

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.