Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,093 members, 7,946,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 03:56 AM

D'banj And Durella - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D'banj And Durella (10744 Views)

Durella - Blame It On The Money / Pusha-T - The Morning Ft. D'banj And Other GOOD Music Artists / Jah-bless Ft Ice Prince, Ruggedman, Eldee, Durella And Reminisce, Joor Oh Rmx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj And Durella by lalaboi(m): 11:15pm On Jul 10, 2008
YourFather:

in my Adebayo jersey, in the club poping hennessy, get a little tippsy, omopayaski, omomiskiyaski, dresses up so gbaski, see paparazzi, enimmies!!!
You go dey ask why me and Arsenal nah do or die, abi nah lie I lie e ooh. No be lie I lie ooh!

shouldnt that be dressed up so gbaski?

i still dnt see what the fuss is and i dnt think u knw what good lyrics is and what bad lyrics is

mehhhhn! just 4get it mahn! do ur durella abi na dracula (long thing)
i wi do dbanj! file!
Re: D'banj And Durella by YourFather: 7:06am On Jul 11, 2008
so, you give me an example of good lyrics, and feel free to use your boy D'banj as an example.

It should be really easy now, someone that calls himself lalaboi, is actually talking about quaility of names, typical online gangster!!!

Durella has not dropped his album yet, and you all panicing, yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
Re: D'banj And Durella by Bamsyle(m): 9:07am On Jul 11, 2008
@lalaboi
chei!! i will die for hia oh!

Omo, go die for your papa house o, no be for here grin grin grin

comparing football (Rival) matters to yahooze! wetn rival yahooze?

Even though this statement is not clear, let me assume you mean football solidarity is different from that of music. Fine, but I'm just showing you the flaw in your argument. Though some of you guys are ready to die for your clubs, me I don't have that do or die attitude *remembers how some peops were reportedly killed in Lagos after the Man U/Chelsea clash* I don't have to die for some club which fans have millions of dollars while me I still dey hustle for my own dough cool That I'm not a gunner does not mean I should't jig to a nice song/beat. That's where you are the weirdo here tongue

repeating a word a million times is ability, it is skill, it is creativity!!

In this case, yes na wink

i rest ma case! none of us will agree to eachoda even though there a bit of sense in it! (not talking about what u said oh)

just file! no long thing! u dnt av to like what i like!

Weak conclusion, Durella wins again!!!!!
Re: D'banj And Durella by jaymes(m): 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2008
Well, Durella sounds a lot like D'Banj, but doesn't possess enough talent as D'Banj. Also, Bigiano's version of "Shayo" was much better than that of Durella. In essence, "you can always imitate, but never duplicate" smiley
Re: D'banj And Durella by misshot: 10:24pm On Jul 11, 2008
what suprises me is the fact that nairalanders luv stressing themselves,durella was asked in an interview and he said it was a blessing for him to be compared to the kokomaster dbanj emphasising that he respects him and is optimistic dat that wud boost his album sales,dbanj on the other hand at an evening with dbanj in abuja said he was having no beef with durella going as far as singing shayo chorus.big tym of rhythm also said dat they are close friends and dat nothing is happening.so what is the fuss all about,why are u guys arguing when durella is somewhere chilling and dbanj having a nice time with his kokolets.any aw i still prefer DBANJ to durella,but they are both good.
DBANJ IS THE MAN,NO LONG THING
Re: D'banj And Durella by lalaboi(m): 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2008
werrrrdone mahn! it would av bn better if u had a link to shut this h8trs up!
Re: D'banj And Durella by YourFather: 11:22pm On Jul 12, 2008
james, I guess you measured his talent right? People just type without any brain function really!!! play them back to back and the difference is so clear its 7up. Durella has more talent in his little toe than anyone out there, just bloody wait and see. Infact dont wait, dont see, carry on with your little lives and see how much the hate brings you.
Re: D'banj And Durella by Bamsyle(m): 9:22am On Jul 14, 2008
Durella all the way!!!!

lalaboi, jaymes et al, this tongue is for you tongue tongue tongue tongue

Ooobi!!!! tongue
Re: D'banj And Durella by lalaboi(m): 11:35pm On Jul 14, 2008
why e dey pain u like this?

sha no let dem cut ya tongue for u!
Re: D'banj And Durella by kingdong(m): 5:19am On Jul 15, 2008
I can't help but put mouth in this wan. I love Durella, i love Dbanj but i love Durella more. Sadly, i think when you look at the total package, i.e all the factors that will fetch the awards, the endorsements and swell the bank account (which is the gbaski) Dbanj will certainly come out tops over and over again above my man Durella.

From what i know of these two, i think Dbanj from day one long before he left naija was an apostle of Durella (as the originator of that style) but what does it matter today, as Dbanj has taken it all to another level with his total package. This really saddens me as a true believer of Durella who i know is so full of extraordinary talent but does not have the force behind him yet to present a total package that will see him smiling to the bank. Talent alone or being the better musician of the two (which i think is true) will not help him achieve this.

Compare videos and Durella's don't measure up. In all honesty they are razz and embarassing with only that for shayo just trying to get what its all about but still falls short. The chicks, the location, the props, set, kaks and general effizi are lacking. The zanga video is so lacking in its entirety, it really is. very sad.
Stage craft is another area where Dbanj will slam Durella hands down. PR, finance and more are reasons why more pple will definitely prefer Dbanj to my boy Durella.

So what to do? Take the product called Durella and turn into a brand, which is what Dbanj is in Nigeria today. This will invole a whole lot of hard work and learning. Packaging, PR and marketing by a proper management, high quality video production with all the effizi and what not, etc. These will in no small measure etch him in the hearts and head of the buying public which in turn will encourage the big money spenders to want to associate with him. I mean, look at the glo deal with basket mouth. These and bigger things is what Durella should work at. This is not a luck thing at all, work, real hard work and sacrifice must be done. But then all these cost money,so you must plan a strategic growth pattern. omo this thing na serious bizness.

My 2 kobo contribution,hoping Durella will some day be a household name like Dbanj who in all honesty is gbono felifeli
Re: D'banj And Durella by Bamsyle(m): 8:30am On Jul 15, 2008
lalaboi:

why e dey pain u like this?

sha no let them cut ya tongue for u!

More tongues:
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Durella is the man!!!
Re: D'banj And Durella by YourFather: 8:30am On Jul 15, 2008
kingdong, beautiful piece, but it lacks one, one Major fact, and that is time.

You mention the package been poor, can you rewind back to when D'banj, 2face and co started and then compare?

Durella is been packaged, one day at a time, really, from in the zanga to now, are you saying his profile hasn't risen?

When we look at the over all picture and ask, how many acts have come this far in this short a time, I will leave you to answer that.

Durella will be the biggest act in Nigeria, quote me on this.
Re: D'banj And Durella by Bamsyle(m): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2008
kingdong:

I can't help but put mouth in this wan. I love Durella, i love Dbanj but i love Durella more.

End of Story wink wink
Re: D'banj And Durella by Bamsyle(m): 8:34am On Jul 15, 2008
YourFather:

You mention the package been poor, can you rewind back to when D'banj, 2face and co started and then compare?

Durella is been packaged, one day at a time, really, from in the zanga to now, are you saying his profile hasn't risen?

When we look at the over all picture and ask, how many acts have come this far in this short a time, I will leave you to answer that.

Tell them!!!!
Re: D'banj And Durella by lalaboi(m): 11:15am On Jul 15, 2008
kingdong:

I can't help but put mouth in this wan. I love Durella, i love Dbanj but i love Durella more. Sadly, i think when you look at the total package, i.e all the factors that will fetch the awards, the endorsements and swell the bank account (which is the gbaski) Dbanj will certainly come out tops over and over again above my man Durella.

From what i know of these two, i think Dbanj from day one long before he left naija was an apostle of Durella (as the originator of that style) but what does it matter today, as Dbanj has taken it all to another level with his total package. This really saddens me as a true believer of Durella who i know is so full of extraordinary talent but does not have the force behind him yet to present a total package that will see him smiling to the bank. Talent alone or being the better musician of the two (which i think is true) will not help him achieve this.

Compare videos and Durella's don't measure up. In all honesty they are razz and embarassing with only that for shayo just trying to get what its all about but still falls short. The chicks, the location, the props, set, kaks and general effizi are lacking. The zanga video is so lacking in its entirety, it really is. very sad.
Stage craft is another area where Dbanj will slam Durella hands down. PR, finance and more are reasons why more people will definitely prefer Dbanj to my boy Durella.

So what to do? Take the product called Durella and turn into a brand, which is what Dbanj is in Nigeria today. This will invole a whole lot of hard work and learning. Packaging, PR and marketing by a proper management, high quality video production with all the effizi and what not, etc. These will in no small measure etch him in the hearts and head of the buying public which in turn will encourage the big money spenders to want to associate with him. I mean, look at the glo deal with basket mouth. These and bigger things is what Durella should work at. This is not a luck thing at all, work, real hard work and sacrifice must be done. But then all these cost money,so you must plan a strategic growth pattern. omo this thing na serious bizness.

My 2 kobo contribution,hoping Durella will some day be a household name like Dbanj who in all honesty is gbono felifeli

thank u for ur honesty! thats what these guyz wunt understand!
its gud u highlighted durella's videos! how poor they look! except for shayo!
am not saying all d'banjs videos are gud oh! before u start quoting me!

YourFather:

no 1 said his profile hasnt risen! bt not to the level of d'banj! word!!
yea i have quoted u on this! make we dey look dey go! make God keep us alive till then! amen!
Re: D'banj And Durella by Bamsyle(m): 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2008
Hey it's not about videos, cash, packaging, even profile. Nah nah. All those matter to eventually make an artiste big but we're talking delivery, style, raw talent here.

Yes. Natural, untapped talent *like the palmwine I used to drink from the palm tree then*.

From what I've read so far, I'm glad most of us now know what the big deal is about D'banj - videos, cash, blings, PR, packaging, big bros backing, etc.

Let's face it - when it comes to the nitty gritty of musical talent, Durella eats D'banj raw!!!

Right here and now, Ion't give one hoot 'bout that image thingy. I'm looking behind the veil for these two cats and Durella towers above D'banj.
Re: D'banj And Durella by lalaboi(m): 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2008
yea yea yea

lets see what the raw talent will earn him! maybe it'll earn him more than[b] talentless d'banj[/b]!

we shall see!!
Re: D'banj And Durella by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2008
Bamsyle:

Hey it's not about videos, cash, packaging, even profile. Nah nah. All those matter to eventually make an artiste big but we're talking delivery, style, raw talent here.

Yes. Natural, untapped talent *like the palmwine I used to drink from the palm tree then*.

From what I've read so far, I'm glad most of us now know what the big deal is about D'banj - videos, cash, blings, PR, packaging, big bros backing, etc.

Let's face it - when it comes to the nitty gritty of musical talent, Durella eats D'banj raw!!!

Right here and now, Ion't give one hoot 'bout that image thingy. I'm looking behind the veil for these two cats and Durella towers above D'banj.
thankyou jare

D'banj is good for all the videos, cash, bling etc which is cool and i must admit, entertaining, but like you said, when it comes to the 'nitty gritty', you'd probably find better talent coming from 'Mother Goose's Book Of Nursery School Ryhmes'

Durella takes the biggest meat here tongue
Re: D'banj And Durella by lalaboi(m): 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2008
in short! u guyz av made me over hate durella now!
Re: D'banj And Durella by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 15, 2008
lool why na cheesy
Re: D'banj And Durella by lalaboi(m): 4:02pm On Jul 15, 2008
i mean, u guyz av made me look like i hate durella!

especially that *****head barmesly or wetn be im name
Re: D'banj And Durella by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2008
i have not made you look like anything jor, just stating my opinion on the pair cool

Of course we know you loff D'banj abi kiss
Re: D'banj And Durella by lalaboi(m): 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2008
and u uu u u uu

u letting some else's opinion overide urs!

biko u r not ur own person
Re: D'banj And Durella by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2008
lalaboi:

and u uu u u uu

u letting some else's opinion overide urs!

biko you're not your own person
who's opinion 'overid' mine? tongue
Re: D'banj And Durella by Bamsyle(m): 4:39pm On Jul 15, 2008
Don't mind him Ibkaye. He's just working up himself over nutin. This is a dead issue. He thinks money's what we're talking here. Let him post a separate topic:

D'banj and Dangote: Who's Richer?

I guess the mofo' would hurriedly say D'banj even before thinking.

To him, D'banj is a god. He's everything and like him, everybody must worship him. *shakes head for lalaboi in pity* Lost One cry
Re: D'banj And Durella by lalaboi(m): 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2008
it would have been better if those words came out from me!

i mean i can say the same thing about you!!

just because i dnt dig durella dat much like you do!

its even gud i didnt modify my posts! ppl can see where am coming from and where am goin!

i think dbanj i a god and i worship him!!? pathetic!
Re: D'banj And Durella by Bamsyle(m): 5:55pm On Jul 15, 2008
@lolaboi
it would have been better if those words came out from me!

i mean i can say the same thing about you!!

just because i dnt dig durella that much like you do!

You're off point dude. You appear in every thread where D'banj is mentioned/features. I don't do that for Durella. I'm not that crazy 'bout him. But comparing him with D'banj? shocked Forget all da hype and packaging man. When jungle mature, who no know go know. tongue

its even good i didnt modify my posts! people can see where am coming from and where am goin!

'Sup dude?

i think dbanj i a god and i worship him!!? pathetic!

*remembers Eminem's Stan* Yeah I agree dude - your case is really pathetic grin grin tongue tongue
Re: D'banj And Durella by lalaboi(m): 6:55pm On Jul 15, 2008
who's off point?

u always have something to say dnt u! even if sometimes its stupid!

ok u r not crazy about him (liar), then whats ur own with me cos i think dbanj is better? its not by force to like durella lik i like dbanj!

see, am not forcing u to like dbanj! like whateva u like, even if its garbage i dnt bloody care! !

dbanj will always be ontop durella anytime anybloodyday!!

alrite, u say he has talent and wateva u call it! ok, we'll see what that will land him

and i take it that u dnt know what hype is! that is exactly what u r doin to durella!

its like comparing rkelly to some upcoming artist who doesnt have an album yet!

nna! this is the last time i will reply u on this matter! and please when anytin comes up about dbanj in this section! dnt mention my name like u did in the other thread!

safe
Re: D'banj And Durella by Bamsyle(m): 7:11pm On Jul 15, 2008
Chai!!!

This guy will kill me with laughter lol grin grin grin grin

Na so your temper hot reach Over one artiste who probably doesn't even know you

I can almost see your face turning pink with anger grin grin

You started all this wrangling if you remember - calling all those who prefer Durella to D'banj haters and some funny names like that. Then, I took you up on that. Followed by Ibkaye. Then you let all hell loose. Don't start what you can't finish man tongue tongue

Relax and take it easy na. Don't choke grin grin grin

Anyways, much to your habitual chagrin; Durella eats up your man Skibanj D'banj over and over again - RAW.
Re: D'banj And Durella by saintkola(m): 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2008
D'banj is way better than Durella, Talking about Cash flow, fan base, personality etc
Re: D'banj And Durella by UncleQuily: 1:55pm On Jul 18, 2008
DO YOU GUYS REALISE THAT THE TWO ARTIST IN QUESTION
ARE MINDING THEIR OWN BUSINESS AND MAKING MUSIC
AND NOT EVEN ONCE HAVE THEY BEEFED EACH OTHER
Re: D'banj And Durella by UncleQuily: 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2008
we are watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ty Bello Ekundayo Video / M.i. & Pryse Better Than Jay-z & Kanye West In New Remake To 'otis' [watch] / DOWNLOAD: Bella Shmurda - Polongo • Mp3 •

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.