Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,167 members, 7,950,025 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 06:48 AM

What Do You Think About Windows 8? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Do You Think About Windows 8? (1062 Views)

What You Need To Know About Windows 10 / 10 Things You Need To Know About Windows 10 / What You Should Know About Windows 8 Before You Upgrade To It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Windows 8? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 30, 2013
Guys, what do you think about windows 8. I have windows 8 installed on my non-touch desktop at my office. I just updated my laptop at home from windows 7 to windows 8. Personally, I think it sucks. I work in an engineering firm and I run softwares that require me to switch btw diff windows rapidly. And the metro tiled start menu seems to interfere with that. Personally, I think windows 8 is the future. But right now it sucks. Guys what do you think?

PS: I have been using it for about 3 months at work and sometimes it still throws me some kung fu moves that get me confused. I am also not your regular pc user.
Re: What Do You Think About Windows 8? by Afam4eva(m): 8:58pm On Jun 30, 2013
The problem i have with windows 8 is that, some software don't open as windows. Rather they open as ****. I'll like to be switching between windows fast enough. Apart from that, i think it's cool. I also think it didn't have a hibernate button the first time. Not knowing that i had to activate ti first. I also heard there's a new windows 8 update that has the start menu.

As far as windows goes, i think they're deviating from their target market which is basically people with minimal computer skills. They're now trying to compete with the likes of Mac, Linux etc. I just hope Microsoft Windows is not losing it's mission.
Re: What Do You Think About Windows 8? by nerodenero: 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
It is somehow complex and not like the normal windows we are used to.I no 'gbadun' am at all.
Re: What Do You Think About Windows 8? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2013
I jst finished using windows 8 and it was giving me headache. Can you imagine? A whole me!!! But I heard it takes some getting used to. I don't really knw why that OS jst feels weird. Everything is scattered.
Re: What Do You Think About Windows 8? by jiggar(m): 9:35pm On Jun 30, 2013
I am using windows 8 on my touch screen hp laptop, bought in 2009, and I am loving it, no complaints whatsoever.
Re: What Do You Think About Windows 8? by BabaAlabi: 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2013
I think it's a huge disappointment...The absence of the start menu,the complex interface and the connectivity requirements before some apps can be used all contributed to the downfall of windows 8. Many users install it just to have a different look or a brand new OS appeal but apart from that, it is just plain rubbish....#Windows7fornow
Re: What Do You Think About Windows 8? by physise(m): 10:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
if u need d startmenu google search startmenu for windows 8 n download d software
Re: What Do You Think About Windows 8? by ahmmyreal(m): 11:26pm On Jun 30, 2013
physise: if u need d startmenu google search startmenu for windows 8 n download d software
chikena!
Re: What Do You Think About Windows 8? by ahmmyreal(m): 11:27pm On Jun 30, 2013
if your lappy has multi-touch trackpad like Macbook or touchscreen, you will love windows 8. else, it sucks.
Re: What Do You Think About Windows 8? by Nobody: 1:38am On Jul 01, 2013
physise: if u need d startmenu google search startmenu for windows 8 n download d software
Yep, I knw abt the apps "Classic shell" and "Start 8" but why wud I want to have to do some tinkering when I can continue with my windows 7 that already has a fully functional start menu. My mum bought a system and I wouldn't let her buy a windows 8 because she wouldn't be able to turn it off. Every user that was "thot computer" knws u click start and then shutdown. To tell u ow bad it is, I started using windows abt 15yrs ago and the first time I run windows 8 I had to force a shutdown thru the physical power button becos I got frustrated looking for ow to shutdown my windows 8. Now u want me to recommend that kind of OS to my mum who barely gets by? Hell No.

PS: I use a multi-touch trackpad at work and I cnt mention the number of times it has almost put me in trouble by switchin apps to my own private work wen I'm suppose to be doin office work jst because I mistakenly swiped the scroll button too hard. In short windows 8 is an alakoba.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Windows 8? by physise(m): 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2013
12 inches!:

Yep, I knw abt the apps "Classic shell" and "Start 8" but why wud I want to have to do some tinkering when I can continue with my windows 7 that already has a fully functional start menu. My mum bought a system and I wouldn't let her buy a windows 8 because she wouldn't be able to turn it off. Every user that was "thot computer" knws u click start and then shutdown. To tell u ow bad it is, I started using windows abt 15yrs ago and the first time I run windows 8 I had to force a shutdown thru the physical power button becos I got frustrated looking for ow to shutdown my windows 8. Now u want me to recommend that kind of OS to my mum who barely gets by? Hell No.

PS: I use a multi-touch trackpad at work and I cnt mention the number of times it has almost put me in trouble by switchin apps to my own private work wen I'm suppose to be doin office work jst because I mistakenly swiped the scroll button too hard. In short windows 8 is an alakoba.
as 4 me i mastered windows 8 in 1day its d best os ever 4 me,so smooth,beautiful ui,faster shutdown and bootup,d new windows 8.1 nw have d startmenu n it looks like windows 7

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Windows 8? by alicialenoire(m): 8:39am On Jul 04, 2013
It is right that it is a little bit tough to operate new technology when you are fresher and moving from old to new. Windows 8 is the new and latest version operating system with innovative features and apps.

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Spamming Tools Ready Now.... / How To Repair Corrupt Exchange 2003 Mailbox? / Windows 10: The Experience Of A Nigerian Within 48 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.