Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,182 members, 7,943,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:15 AM

In Pursuit Of Relevance (lessons From An Inspirational Book) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In Pursuit Of Relevance (lessons From An Inspirational Book) (806 Views)

Six Lessons Of Life (fun) / Lessons From The World's Ugliest Woman- Lizzie Velasquez / Inspirational And Famous Quotes To Inspire You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Pursuit Of Relevance (lessons From An Inspirational Book) by FemiIkotun(m): 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
YOUR YOUTHFUL SEASON IS YOUR ENLISTMENT SEASON:

In the making of relevant stars, times and seasons are very fundamental; for everything under the sun, there is a time and a season for every purpose under heaven. When a farmer misses his planting season, he has to wait for the next one; unfortunately, you and I do not have the next one, for it is appointed onto man once to die and after that judgment.

If we miss our planting season, you have automatically missed your harvest season!

Until you grasp the importance of your youthful season, you may never find your place in destiny. Just as it was said concerning the children of Issachar, the Bible says in 1st Chronicles 12: 32, “Of the children of Issachar who had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do…” You therefore need the understanding of every season of your life in order to gain mastery in this world.

When you lack the understanding of your seasons, you will plant anyhow and anywhere, only to discover that you have mis-invested your energy and wasted your resources. For example, If you were a farmer, and you miss a planting season, you have to wait for the next season to plant, but on the field of relevance, it is not so; every lost time and season may be lost forever. Have you ever met any man at the age of 65 years, who after retirement embarks on a professional footballing or boxing career? The season for his stardom in professional football or boxing is over. It is impossible for him to be enlisted, none the less emerging a star. And if they enlist him in professional boxing, it is to kill him.

Just like football and boxing, there are certain things you can never be enlisted in after certain seasons of your life. There are things in life in which you are no longer eligible for enlistment after a particular season of your life.

Two factors that establish my point according to my book, “In Pursuit of Relevance” are:

1- SUFFICIENT TIME
Every young person in Christ has the privilege of a long-life, but Solomon admonished every youth to remember God in the days of their youth, and not when we are gray-headed.

“Remember now your creator in the DAYS (i.e. in the seasons, times, period or moment) of your youth; before the difficult days come.” (Eccl 12:1).

So, once you connect to your life’s assignment as a young person, you have all the time to pursue and fulfill your destiny as originally ordained by God, and this brings you full satisfaction and success before God and the world at large.

2- ADEQUATE STRENGTH
A young person also has the benefit of adequate strength for the pursuit of his or her vision unto completion. The strength for the pursuit of relevance lies within the hearts of the youth. Just as in the game of football; you would agree that for you to play football, you must run around the pitch. How far can you run round the football pitch at the age of 50?

“The glory of young men is their STRENGTH and the splendor of old men is their
gray head.” (Proverbs 20:29).

This scripture reveals that every young person manifests the glory within by engaging their strengths in the direction of God’s call and purpose for their lives. You would agree with me that it would require adequate strength to start and finish your assignment, thereby becoming the best you were created to be. And that is why you cannot afford to waste your strength on the wrong things. Focus your strength now in the pursuit of relevance and greatness. You have the strength to do so many things as a youth, compared to when you grow old. There is no star in the field of sports who started at the age of 30; every star in the all games of sport began the journey to their stardom at an early stage in life-in their teens and twenties.

Get my newest book “In Pursuit of Relevance” on Amazon, eBay, Barnes and Noble for in-depth understanding.

Femi Ikotun
President of FIYE Foundation
London UK
www.fiyefoundation.com
+447577416622; +447424159192

Re: In Pursuit Of Relevance (lessons From An Inspirational Book) by jonaji(m): 5:31pm On Jul 01, 2013
culled 4RM Oyedepo message on timely discovery 4 striking accomplishment

(1) (Reply)

What Realy Matters.(creative Writing) / I Need Hard Copies Or Soft Copies Of JAMES HADLEY CHASE / Poem: The Death Of Simple Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.