Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,848 members, 7,886,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 07:22 AM

Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? (1241 Views)

Moderators And Admins Wanted For Www .nanaija. Com - Very Good Monthly Pay / Site Administrator Needed For Www.oixbuy.com / Need Forum Moderator And Trusted Admin For Www.smmdesk.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by Afam(m): 2:30pm On May 15, 2008
Just uploaded the site some couple of minutes ago.

Early reviews and comments are welcome.

www.nayourshop.com
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by uspry1(f): 4:36pm On May 15, 2008
@Afam

Your site, nayourshop.com is cool simplified consistenacy user-friendly site I ever seen. grin

But your search field on the top of your site I played with has failed searching for "laptop" in Computers, even though your category of Computers section has already 1 item existed for laptop. angry

Keep up your work! grin
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by Afam(m): 6:02pm On May 15, 2008
Thanks.

About the search, I forgot to include the sub category in the search algorithm, will work on it now and even add the picture feature on the listings just incase someone needs to add the picture of things like hats, bead, car etc.

Thanks for the kind words. That was the result of 3 good days, hope to make it a reusable website so that people can use it to suit their own needs like stand alone car shops, computers, real estate etc.
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by Afam(m): 6:12pm On May 15, 2008
The search wahala is sorted out now. Thanks once again.
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by SamMilla1(m): 8:39pm On May 15, 2008
Thumbs up, Great Idea, cool
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by webcrawlla(m): 11:04am On May 16, 2008
Good job. I just listed a product on your site.
Hope it will be maitained and sustained.

Well done!!!
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by Afam(m): 11:34am On May 16, 2008
Thanks.

Just correct a problem that was trying to display your product image even when it shouldn't since you didn't upload any.

Hope people will use the platform and yes, this website will be here for a very long time to come.
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by hanen(f): 1:31pm On May 16, 2008
You might want to apply more space between the lines/lists, right now they're too close together, and it can aid readability. Just a suggestion, anyway.
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by Afam(m): 2:19pm On May 16, 2008
Thanks. Will do that asap.
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by opensource(m): 2:28pm On May 16, 2008
why not hide the listed email and have a button that sends a purchase request to prevent email crawlers from ur site.

Price: N70,000.00

Listed by ik

Contact Information

Phone: 0802636677

Email: ik@yahoo.com

Also the front page should be little more attractive , add some cool graphics
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by Afam(m): 2:57pm On May 16, 2008
Will use javascript to prevent email crawlers from harvesting the email addresses. Sending a purchase request to sellers is something that is not part of the plan for now, maybe later.

I appreciate your comments on the homepage but functionality to me matters a great lot more than looks. What cool graphics? people buying and selling, products or what?
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by NaijaEcash(m): 3:09pm On May 16, 2008
Great concept. Great thinking. However, I think you should add some graphics to the header section as suggested earlier by "opensource"
Nevertheless, I must commend the great work you've done. Cheers. grin
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by Afam(m): 3:26pm On May 16, 2008
Ok, una win, I will do something about the homepage.

I also hope that we understand that when I do not implement any suggestion it doesn't mean that I did not appreciate the suggestion. I sincerely do appreciate your comments whether I agree with them or not.

Thanks once again, at least the site is better just going by comments from this forum alone in under 6 hours.
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by Afam(m): 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2008
Comments and criticisms still required after effecting changes to the site.

A private message system has been integrated so that sellers can be contacted securely without necessarily having to expose their email addresses.

The sellers get to read all their messages once they are logged on just like a regular email facility.

Options

Will be deriving and automobile and boutique websites from the platform and all that needs to be done is to change the following

- logo
- business name or site name
- email address
- categories
- subcategories
- and of course choosing a color scheme from about 5 different colors

What this means is that a boutique can be online in a matter of hours and have every single item uploaded to the website with unlimited categories and sub categories.
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by Afam(m): 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2008
Afam:

Will be deriving and automobile and boutique websites from the platform and all that needs to be done is to change the following

- logo
- business name or site name
- email address
- categories
- subcategories
- and of course choosing a color scheme from about 5 different colors

What this means is that a boutique can be online in a matter of hours and have every single item uploaded to the website with unlimited categories and sub categories.

The content above refers, a boutique website have been derived from the platform. Can be used by boutique owners and developers alike.

See a sample at www.jwspreview.com/boutique and send post your comments, criticisms and/or suggestions.
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by uspry1(f): 9:21pm On Jun 13, 2008
Afam:

The content above refers, a boutique website have been derived from the platform. Can be used by boutique owners and developers alike.

See a sample at www.jwspreview.com/boutique and send post your comments, criticisms and/or suggestions.

@Afam

I played with the mentioned site, jwspreview.com/boutique finding any errors, missing something, or site search engine.

None! Cool consistency user-friendly site with fast data/images retrieval loading. grin

Good job!
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by A2J(m): 2:54am On Jun 14, 2008
@Afam

if you thinking of keeping that site, security should be your first step, i did a security check on your site and found about 1000 security exploits (holes) on your site which any BLACK HACKER, even a script kiddie can use against your website, so please do pay attention to the security of that website.
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by Afam(m): 8:27am On Jun 14, 2008
@uspry1,

Thanks.

@A2J,

1000 security exploits? Guy are you writing a script for a home video? And yes, I am thinking of keeping the site, that is the essence of setting it up but I won't be wasting time trying to work on the about 1000 security exploits you talked about.

One more thing, I don't take people who say one thing and do another serious. You said you have a portable version of CS3 and said you could send a copy if I wanted. I said yes and asked what it would take to get one, you answered that it will cost nothing and that I should send an email to you. I did but never got a reply and when I wondered why you stated you did not receive any email and I pasted my email here on the forum. Up till now now software.

Conclusion - You have credibility issues and I don't take that likely.
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by uspry1(f): 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2008
Thank to Afam to expose it where i discover knowing why the NL is so popular. shocked

Hmmm! I never thought of any members on NL could be blackhat hackers/script kiddies hidden as well as all other forums/websites/blogs out there. angry

No wonder lot of foreigners are nervous and very skeptical of working with Africans, Indians, and orientals for application programmers/graphic designers outsourcing jobs. They rather meet in person instead of electronically (faceless) communication. grin

I always caution concerning about my websites/subdomains involving in security holes. I double-click frequently.
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by A2J(m): 2:01pm On Jun 14, 2008
@uspry1,

for your correction, am no script kiddie and am a whitehat hacker which i earn from aptech, and my job is security,which i do for companies who are switching to the online ecommerce scene. who say hacking is bad?

@apam,

1. i didnt see your email as i never check back at that thread anymore because i expect you to try to send the email message you claim you send to me again.

2. i offer to give you the software portable which will go long way to benefit you as you can take it with you on usb for FREE - credibility issues didnt raise head here.

that i didnt recieve your email message which might be due to God knows reason and then my credibility issues arose.huh?

please spare me the crap, and please be security conscious, so you dont put your clients/customers data at risk. ok
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by uspry1(f): 2:10pm On Jun 14, 2008
A2J:

@uspry1,

for your correction, am no script kiddie and am a whitehat hacker which i earn from aptech, and my job is security,which i do for companies who are switching to the online ecommerce scene. who say hacking is bad?

Thank you for your clarification, @A2J. No problem!!! grin
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by Afam(m): 3:51pm On Jun 14, 2008
@A2J,

Your advice on security has no basis because you don't have about 1000 security holes on that website.

I don't know what you picked up at APTECH but I know enough about online security to keep the bad guys out.

On the software, don't worry about it again, thanks for your time.
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by webguru(m): 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2008
well, u need to work on the homepage design like they've said

i got CS3 package from otigba for 1600, 4 DVDs and a crack CD

u cld get it from there or use pshop and bone functionality

im sorry to say it Afam, bt visitors are lookin at design, first impression

also consider the huge prospects of the site

i can't criticise ur design man, we're in d same shoes for now

Lord help a coder to design well, Amen!

NB: site loads fast on my slow internet connection
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by tundewoods(m): 5:04pm On Jun 14, 2008
A2J:

please spare me the crap, and please be security conscious, so you don't put your clients/customers data at risk. ok

A2J @ (I think you are the one yarning crap on a serious note )
Yet another Faceless Wannabe claiming to be what he imagines himself as. Guy stop throwing un necessary security alerts !
You claim to be a security expert from Aptech or whereever and you are blabbing such gibberish,man save ur security issues for the SSS.

@ Afam
Nice work and dont let quacks try to give you unnecessary scares regarding security.
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by syskay(m): 7:32pm On Jun 14, 2008
@A2J,

It would not be a bad idea if you can elaborate further on your security concerns. Your vague prognosis does not seem to be helping.
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by A2J(m): 1:46am On Jun 15, 2008
hello?

i dont know my comment is that bad, just trying to help, sorry
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by Afam(m): 9:28am On Jun 16, 2008
@tundewoods,

Thanks. I am not bothered at all by A2J's comments because it is obvious he does not have fundamental knowledge about online security.

@A2J,

Your comment is not bad, it has no basis because the about 1000 security holes you stated is pure mirage and based on lack of understanding of online security and/or secure scripts.

You don't just make statements about things you cannot substantiate and expect people to take you serious.

@topic,

Have also derived a carshop website from the same platform by changing the logo, a single line in the css file and the categories and subcategories.

You may take a look and comment accordingly at www.jwspreview.com/carshop

Will do the same for different businesses so that business owners will have a good idea of what the script can do even before paying for it, makes life easier for everyone.
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by webemerald(m): 10:18am On Jun 16, 2008
sorry guys for moving off the topic of discourse but i need to ask afam a question.

About those inverters you produce, how much will it cost me to acquire one that can power a mini biz centre with 3 systems,3 printers ,lamination etc.

I need one asap.
Re: Website Review For Www.nayourshop.com, Anyone? by Afam(m): 10:46am On Jun 16, 2008
Send an email to afam@justalternativepower.com and state the power ratings of those machines and specify if the printers are laser based or not. Also state the number of hours you are expecting for backup.

(1) (Reply)

I Keep Getting This Error::pls Help ::parse Error: Syntax Error, Unexpected '.', / I'm In Need Of A Professional Webmaster/web Developer Within Ibadan Urgently! / 5 Easy Ways To Earn Money Using Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.