Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,072 members, 7,987,802 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 05:05 PM

Radiator Querry. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Radiator Querry. (643 Views)

Radiator Fan Constantly Running (even When Engine Is Off) / Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / Changing The Radiator Of Your Tokunbo Car From Single Cell To Double Cell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Radiator Querry. by Zwane: 10:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hi Friends. Pleased to post here to steal your Godly brains power. I'm from SA.

I have a 1998 Mercedez Benz E280 which had mixed coolant and tansmission / oil. The mechanic did a cylinder head gasket..when he returned the car and it did the samething. In trying to sort out the radiator. I took it in. One place said they want to strip it, clean it and put it back on whereas the other one says because of oil inside it needs to be replaced but its leaking or anything. They are to test an oil booster ifs its not leaking. Does my radiator needs to be replaced even if its not leaking?
Re: Radiator Querry. by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 03, 2013
The Mercedes-Benz W210 radiator incorporates an oil cooler, for the ATF in automatic models. If it ruptures / corrodes internally, ATF will seep into the coolant (they're only seperated by thin aluminium or copper). There won't be any external leaks, but the radiator will require replacement.

1 Like

Re: Radiator Querry. by Zwane: 10:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
Thanks Siena.

Siena but is the conclusion drawn that the radiator has the problem you are talking about? For an example on my one, they said they can't open it because it an irreplaceable gasket that will break as soon as they open it for cleaning.

(1) (Reply)

I Believe I Can Fly": Nigerian Builds Unusual Jet Car (VIDEO) / kia amanti 2003 Model Shock Adsorber / Best Oil For My 03 Passat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.