Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,870 members, 7,942,170 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 10:40 PM

Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. (1499 Views)

Advice Pls / Is There A Builder In The House? Advice Urgently Needed ! / Haunted Houses: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by HomesOfLife(m): 12:00am On Jul 03, 2013
Dear Nairalanders, pls I direly need your advice.
I'm a Property Consultant and Developer in Surulere. I recently got a Lovely young Couple and their adorable baby a Sweet Two Bedroom Flat at Nnobi. The couple fell in love with the apartment at first sight and have since then referred four other home searchers to me.

Nairalanders, yesterday, a pale looking but very smartly dressed gentleman walked into my office to enquire on the cheapest Room Self Contain we had(with a rather shaky voice like he would cry any minute at the slightest prick). After much familiarization however, he narrated how he'd paid for a Two Bedroom a year ago with his wife and two kids, and how he lost his two kids in a fatal accident only two months after they moved in(tear drops rolling down profusely now). He lost his job a month later and His wife left him barely three months after. It was later revealed to him in RCCG that the house was haunted and it was a trend that every occupant would face serious series of misfortunes! I asked for the house number so as to avoid marketing it to my Clients but lo and behold, its the same two bedroom I recently put my Client in sad

What do I do pls?
If I keep quiet, my conscience may prick me to death just as its doing right now. Or do I just tell them risking the fact that I'll not only sound stupid but be on the Fetish Landlord's bad book?
Your advice is needed pls!
Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by overdrive(m): 12:10am On Jul 03, 2013
Simply consult d RCCG pastors for a deliverance session in d said house before its too late.this is Africa and anything can happen.
Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by HomesOfLife(m): 12:18am On Jul 03, 2013
overdrive: Simply consult d RCCG pastors for a deliverance session in d said house before its too late.this is Africa and anything can happen.

Deliverance session for the Clients? Would that solve anything or do I just tell them to pack out asap? undecided
Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by menix(m): 12:20am On Jul 03, 2013
I blive a little voice mst ve advised u 2 get acrox 2 dis client..pls wiv due urgency let dem know. Don't let dis couple suffer.
Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by HomesOfLife(m): 12:28am On Jul 03, 2013
menix: I blive a little voice mst ve advised u 2 get acrox 2 dis client..pls wiv due urgency let dem know. Don't let dis couple suffer.

I'm thinking of telling them in the morning, but the fear of being the Lnadlord's next target is giving me heavy insomnia. I hear the Landlord aint nice at all.
Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by agohavivi(f): 1:18am On Jul 03, 2013
HomesOfLife:

I'm thinking of telling them in the morning, but the fear of being the Lnadlord's next target is giving me heavy insomnia. I hear the Landlord aint nice at all.
You just have to. A deliverance in that house would not do much. The couple should leave as soon as possible. When the foundation is weak, what can the righteous do.
Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by HomesOfLife(m): 1:35am On Jul 03, 2013
agoha_vivi: You just have to. A deliverance in that house would not do much. The couple should leave as soon as possible. When the foundation is weak, what can the righteous do.

Thot so too, this one is far beyond deliverance..
Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by sunnydayasaba(m): 2:28am On Jul 03, 2013
I think is wise u tell the couple, God will surely protect u frm the landlords evil, let d couple knw today pls, explain ur findings to them and allow them meet d young man who was a victim, it will also help d guy heal knowing well that he has help someone else frm evil landlords. Pls stay of such landlord, am sure he will not make any contact ever again with u, cus he wouldn't want to be exposed. I will keep praying for u also, but pls let the couples know today pls, tomorrow might be too late. God bless u more as u do dis...
Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by HomesOfLife(m): 5:15am On Jul 03, 2013
Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by HomesOfLife(m): 5:15am On Jul 03, 2013
sunnydayasaba: I think is wise u tell the couple, God will surely protect u frm the landlords evil, let d couple knw today pls, explain ur findings to them and allow them meet d young man who was a victim, it will also help d guy heal knowing well that he has help someone else frm evil landlords. Pls stay of such landlord, am sure he will not make any contact ever again with u, cus he wouldn't want to be exposed. I will keep praying for u also, but pls let the couples know today pls, tomorrow might be too late. God bless u more as u do dis...

Amen, I will this morning.
Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by HomesOfLife(m): 7:08pm On Jul 03, 2013
I called the Tenants(my Clients) this morning, they're bringing in their Pastors this weekend. But now they're asking that I rent it out to someone else so that they can get their refund and move out. Selfish people! angry Who does that really?...
Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by overdrive(m): 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
Funny indeed so they want d calamity to fall on other folks anyway ur conscience is now clear stall them and look for ppl that may rent d place but if possible tell them d implications(though I doubt if u can do that)but if d other ppl stress u just tell them off.its not ur fault for being God fearing.
Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by HomesOfLife(m): 9:35pm On Jul 03, 2013
overdrive: Funny indeed so they want d calamity to fall on other folks anyway ur conscience is now clear stall them and look for ppl that may rent d place but if possible tell them d implications(though I doubt if u can do that)but if d other ppl stress u just tell them off.its not ur fault for being God fearing.
I wonder o..humans are just very funny. I doubt I can still have anything to do with the house sha..once bitten twice shy.
Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by Nobody: 2:14am On Jul 04, 2013
overdrive: Funny indeed so they want d calamity to fall on other folks anyway ur conscience is now clear stall them and look for ppl that may rent d place but if possible tell them d implications(though I doubt if u can do that)but if d other ppl stress u just tell them off.its not ur fault for being God fearing.

Unfortunately, Nigerians are very ignorant including the so-called educated ones. The comments here are just simply asinine. It is about time that Nigerians understood that bad things happen to good people. And good things happen to bad people as well! The Kennedys in The U.S. are good examples of resilient family that Nigerians should emulate. No family in U.S. has suffered tragically like they have but then again none has benefited as much. To whom much is given much is expected. The Kennedys have not blamed spiritual attacks nor have they blamed haunted houses for their misfortunes

Trust Nigerians though, when somebody hits a rough patch, it's either spiritual attacks or haunted house. It is usually something! And the mendacious pastors exploit these people's misery for pecuniary gains. It is only in Nigeria that pastors are "general overseers." No body as a Christian should patronize or engage in necromancy. No divination! Yet Nigerians allow pastors to manipulate them.

Leviticus 19:31: “Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God." Do not tell this to Nigerian Christians though because their pastors use the misleading term of "seeing vision." It is still the same thing.

Methinks this poor man is just is down on his luck and his pastor is looking to exploit him. Next they'll ask him to sow seed for prayer warriors-this is the Nigerian pastors' euphemism for pay me damn sucker!

The house is no more haunted than the house next door. It is all in his mind. He needs to understand that when it rains it pours. With or without the exploiters who call themselves pastors, the bad times shall pass. The choice is his. If he wants to give his pastor and his cronies the little money he should use to keep body and soul together, it is up to him.

Tough times don't last but tough people do!

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by HomesOfLife(m): 6:03am On Jul 04, 2013
omonuan:

Unfortunately, Nigerians are very ignorant including the so-called educated ones. The comments here are just simply asinine. It is about time that Nigerians understood that bad things happen to good people. And good things happen to bad people as well! The Kennedys in The U.S. are good examples of resilient family that Nigerians should emulate. No family in U.S. has suffered tragically like they have but then again none has benefited as much. To whom much is given much is expected. The Kennedys have not blamed spiritual attacks nor have they blamed haunted houses for their misfortunes

Trust Nigerians though, when somebody hits a rough patch, it's either spiritual attacks or haunted house. It is usually something! And the mendacious pastors exploit these people's misery for pecuniary gains. It is only in Nigeria that pastors are "general overseers." No body as a Christian should patronize or engage in necromancy. No divination! Yet Nigerians allow pastors to manipulate them.

Methinks this poor man is just is down on his luck and his pastor is looking to exploit him. Next they'll ask him to sow seed for prayer warriors-this is the Nigerian pastors' euphemism for pay me damn sucker!

The house is no more haunted than the house next door. It is all in his mind. He needs to understand that when it rains it pours. With or without the exploiters who call themselves pastors, the bad times shall pass. The choice is his. If he wants to give his pastor and his cronies the little money he should use to keep body and soul together, it is up to him.

Tough times don't last but tough people do!

lol..I understand your point of view and you're to a large extent correct. But in Naija, we have haunted houses o. Its why you must pray well before paying for a home. I can introduce you to three of them that I refused to manage in Aguda. Experience is the best teacher. smiley
Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
HomesOfLife:

lol..I understand your point of view and you're to a large extent correct. But in Naija, we have haunted houses o. Its why you must pray well before paying for a home. I can introduce you to three of them that I refused to manage in Aguda. Experience is the best teacher. smiley

Forget that crap! We are only the people that search for things or people to blame for our misfortune. You can apotheosized about haunted house all you like but there is no verifiable way of knowing about that. If it is not a haunted house for this guy, it would have been his village people or in extreme cases the pastor would have told him it is his mother (not usually fathers). It is a mere coincidence that his problem began when he moved into this house. If he had lived in there for a while before and had visited his village, came back- you guess it, it would have been his village people or his mother.

His narrative does not fit the definition of haunted house. Haunted house is defined as:

1. To inhabit, visit, or appear to in the form of a ghost or other supernatural being.
2. To visit often; frequent: haunted the movie theaters.
3. To come to the mind of continually; obsess: a riddle that haunted me all morning.
4. To be continually present in; pervade: the melancholy that haunts the composer's music.
v.intr.
To recur or visit often, especially as a ghost.

No where does the definition say that it will make your wife leave you or kill your children and make you loose your job. It is just simply a spooky house for the believers. Your friend or tenant knows why his children are dead. He should also know why he lost his job and why his why his wife left. These things have nothing to do with a haunted house.

hard-luck story
a description of bad things that have happened to you that you tell someone in order to make them feel sorry for you

Your tenant is telling you a hard-luck-story and it has nothing to do with a haunted house. He wants you to refund his money because he does not want to stay there any more.
Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by oshobar(m): 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
omonuan:

Forget that crap! We are only the people that search for things or people to blame for our misfortune. You can apotheosized about haunted house all you like but there is no verifiable way of knowing about that. If it is not a haunted house for this guy, it would have been his village people or in extreme cases the pastor would have told him it is his mother (not usually fathers). It is a mere coincidence that his problem began when he moved into this house. If he had lived in there for a while before and had visited his village, came back- you guess it, it would have been his village people or his mother.

His narrative does not fit the definition of haunted house. Haunted house is defined as:

1. To inhabit, visit, or appear to in the form of a ghost or other supernatural being.
2. To visit often; frequent: haunted the movie theaters.
3. To come to the mind of continually; obsess: a riddle that haunted me all morning.
4. To be continually present in; pervade: the melancholy that haunts the composer's music.
v.intr.
To recur or visit often, especially as a ghost.

No where does the definition say that it will make your wife leave you or kill your children and make you loose your job. It is just simply a spooky house for the believers. Your friend or tenant knows why his children are dead. He should also know why he lost his job and why his why his wife left. These things have nothing to do with a haunted house.

hard-luck story
a description of bad things that have happened to you that you tell someone in order to make them feel sorry for you

Your tenant is telling you a hard-luck-story and it has nothing to do with a haunted house. He wants you to refund his money because he does not want to stay there any more.
True.
Re: Help!!! Haunted House! Advice Pls. by HomesOfLife(m): 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2013

(1) (Reply)

For Sale: One Plot Government-allocated Land In Badagry / Govt Approved Private School @ Ojokoro Area, Agric-Ikorodu. (PIXXX) / Sale! 4bedroom Fully Detached Duplex At Awoyaya Lekki 30million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.