Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,712 members, 7,889,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:00 AM

Fathers Depriving The Kids Of A Luxury Life Style, Is It Right Or Wrong? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fathers Depriving The Kids Of A Luxury Life Style, Is It Right Or Wrong? (1022 Views)

Video: Of The Kids Kissing In A Lagos Church Compound / My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fathers Depriving The Kids Of A Luxury Life Style, Is It Right Or Wrong? by pimplucious: 12:59am On Jul 03, 2013
My old man saddled with the responsibility of making sure his family lead a comfy life never compromised on this. This he delivered spot on. However, While growing up I remember quite vividly this sometimes subtle and other times obvious dispay of "if u don't strive in life u won't be successful." little things that would make life meaningful he thought if he provided on a platter of gold will amount to "spoiling" the kids eventually. Basically his mentality is, no matter how hard the job is u won't die doing it, u'll only die wretched being lazy/doing nothing, so work, work, work. Quite frankly he thinks u have to SUFFER in life to be successful. Unbelievably, a number of today's fathers share this same believe which I totally disagree with. As for me, if I have the resources, my kids will have the best of everything. What's ur take on this? Is it ok to deprive ur kids of luxury life style even though u can comfortably afford it? Be matured in ur contribution, pls, No bashing.
Re: Fathers Depriving The Kids Of A Luxury Life Style, Is It Right Or Wrong? by baby124: 1:30am On Jul 03, 2013
When you raise your kids with too much luxury, till you die they may still be your responsibility. It is your old man's money, make yours. What if he decides to will it all to an orphanage? What will you do if you are dependent on him? Die? Life will go on and you will be forced to make your own way. undecided. Did it ever occur to you that your old man struggled before he got the luxury you enjoyed?

Mine grew up comfortable and raised us spoiled. I wish I had an old man that made me see the need to struggle. I had to learn that on my own. So, be grateful that you had that view early. Because when life happens, you will blame your parents for not preparing you. And life will happen.
Re: Fathers Depriving The Kids Of A Luxury Life Style, Is It Right Or Wrong? by pimplucious: 1:51am On Jul 03, 2013
baby_123: When you raise your kids with too much luxury, till you die they may still be your responsibility. It is your old man's money, make yours. What if he decides to will it all to an orphanage? What will you do if you are dependent on him? Die? Life will go on and you will be forced to make your own way. undecided. Did it ever occur to you that your old man struggled before he got the luxury you enjoyed?

Mine grew up comfortable and raised us spoiled. I wish I had an old man that made me see the need to struggle. I had to learn that on my own. So, be grateful that you had that view early. Because when life happens, you will blame your parents for not preparing you. And life will happen.

Very nice one and I agree with u but not entirely. Anyways, are u saying that if u don't suffer u won't make it?
Re: Fathers Depriving The Kids Of A Luxury Life Style, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 03, 2013
I ll give my kids the best I can afford, the things I deem as necessities . They have to earn luxury,if my child did great in his semester exams,i can consider upgrading his phone if I can afford it or any simple luxury he chose,a responsible child deserves a car,if it ll make his life easier and you can afford it.For me to indulge my kids in what I term "Luxury",they have to earn it,so they ll understand that good things don't come easy.

I want them to understand that their is reward for hard work and laziness will only keep you stagnant or worse off.
Re: Fathers Depriving The Kids Of A Luxury Life Style, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Princesszoe: 9:29am On Jul 03, 2013
byvan: I ll give my kids the best I can afford, the things I deem as necessities . They have to earn luxury,if my child did great in his semester exams,i can consider upgrading his phone if I can afford it or any simple luxury he chose,a responsible child deserves a car,if it ll make his life easier ,if you can afford it.For me to indulge my kids in what I term "Luxury",they have to earn it,so they ll understand that good things don't come easy.

I want them to understand that their is reward for hard work and laziness will only keep you stagnant or worse off.
Nice one. I concur
Re: Fathers Depriving The Kids Of A Luxury Life Style, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2013
pimp_lucious :
My old man saddled with the responsibility of making sure his family lead a comfy life never compromised on this. This he delivered spot on. However, While growing up I remember quite vividly this sometimes subtle and other times obvious dispay of "if u don't strive in life u won't be successful." little things that would make life meaningful he thought if he provided on a platter of gold will amount to "spoiling" the kids eventually. Basically his mentality is, no matter how hard the job is u won't die doing it, u'll only die wretched being lazy/doing nothing, so work, work, work. Quite frankly he thinks u have to SUFFER in life to be successful. Unbelievably, a number of today's fathers share this same believe which I totally disagree with. As for me, if I have the resources, my kids will have the best of everything. What's ur take on this? Is it ok to deprive ur kids of luxury life style even though u can comfortably afford it? Be matured in ur contribution, pls, No bashing.

Go ahead and spoil your kids, but don't blame anyone when they are 40 and still living at home! tongue grin
Re: Fathers Depriving The Kids Of A Luxury Life Style, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
teaching your kids the value of learning to fend for themselves; that life is not easy
and they must put forth to reap benefits is the best way to raise children.

That is how I plan to do. Even if I were to become filthy stinking rich in the future tongue, by the time my future children get to a certain age they WILL have their own jobs and pay their own luxury bills. They will have curfews and WILL have chores.
Re: Fathers Depriving The Kids Of A Luxury Life Style, Is It Right Or Wrong? by pimplucious: 8:16pm On Jul 11, 2013
MsDarkSkin: teaching your kids the value of learning to fend for themselves; that life is not easy
and they must put forth to reap benefits is the best way to raise children.

That is how I plan to do. Even if I were to become filthy stinking rich in the future tongue, by the time my future children get to a certain age they WILL have their own jobs and pay their own luxury bills. They will have curfews and WILL have chores.

But what do u think about having to suffer b4 becoming wealthy in life. Do u think if u don't suffer u won't be wealthy? Most parents think so today especially the yorubas
Re: Fathers Depriving The Kids Of A Luxury Life Style, Is It Right Or Wrong? by mgbeketoto: 9:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
Moderation is the key!
You can't deprive your children of THE LIFESTYLE YOU LIVE.
You can't be you CAN'T be too indulgent!!!! kiss
A healthy balance would suffice! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Marital Rape / Chogon Facilities Handyman Services For Your Home Maintenance Services / Please Recommend Good Websites That Deliver Flowers To Doorstep.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.