Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,396 members, 7,897,762 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 07:26 PM

Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad (3127 Views)

4 Travel Scams Nigerians Fall For Abroad / We Are Not Leaving Nigeria - Virgin Atlantic / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by woodboi(m): 12:22am On May 16, 2008
share with us and be frank so to help other not to fall the same victim
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by kemmy100: 12:28am On May 16, 2008
well to tell you the truth, i have felt that way before, but what i try to do is to stay up and try to make the best out of it. in this case turn what is wrong into right, don't let ppl fool you, if you got to a place were the language was not English, were black meant scum or were you needed papers to work or reside, believe me that thought would have crossed your mind once, sparingly but i will.
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by chika98: 1:47am On May 16, 2008
Best thing I've done thus far! I don't regret it
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by ty4real(m): 9:28am On May 16, 2008
No regrets at all!I came here to study and that I am gladly planning to do and enjoy!So no regrets grin
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by lucabrasi(m): 6:44pm On May 16, 2008
though im here to study but i still regret because all i can do really is study and ,aybe exposure, i particularly regret because im wishing i d gone to one of these nigerian private universities instead seeing as the same thing obtained here is there as well,and most smart students in nigeria can be on his/her way to realise their ambitions especially business wise even before graduating from uni, also im missing all the opportunities open to ppl in naija on a daily basis
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by ayomifull(f): 7:00pm On May 16, 2008
Still counting my gains! No regrets whatsoever.
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by tRoOE(f): 7:01pm On May 16, 2008
Yes oh No driver to pick me up/drop me off angry angry, or housemaid to clean and cook  angry angry, apart from that I got no regret tongue
My life back home was/still great, and life here here is great too angry
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 16, 2008
being responsible way tooo early in life. paying bills, having a job etc. . .
i also think studying in naija wouldnt have been a bad idea after all. all the same its part of growing up.
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by iice(f): 4:19am On May 17, 2008
Hmmmm when i left, initially i was so unhappy.
But so far, yeah it's been great. . .grew up more than i would have done back home
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by ztyle(m): 1:32am On May 18, 2008
@home and abroad no regret! wink
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by Vicjustice: 2:25am On May 18, 2008
@Ztyle
Why is it that you're mainly active after midnight, are you a civil defence cop, abi you be Rabit smiley?
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by ztyle(m): 2:34am On May 18, 2008
Vicjustice:

@Ztyle
Why is it that you're mainly active after midnight, are you a civil defence cop, abi you be Rabit smiley?
. . lol i almost ask u same question you bi BAT? grin
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by Nobody: 2:35am On May 18, 2008
Regrets for where?
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by Vicjustice: 2:36am On May 18, 2008
ztyle:

. . lol i almost ask u same question you bi BAT? grin
  I asked first  grin
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by ztyle(m): 2:37am On May 18, 2008
lol i ask first b4 first . . .how u dey na?
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by Vicjustice: 2:42am On May 18, 2008
I dey fine. I understand you're rather busy with your job, duty or obligation during day time. That's my case, though
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by ztyle(m): 2:43am On May 18, 2008
But its day here why re u talking abt night! Ok YIM me lets cont. from there!
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by Vicjustice: 2:47am On May 18, 2008
Feel sleepy, Talk to you some other time. Goodnight Pal
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by ztyle(m): 2:49am On May 18, 2008
Ta Ta Goodnight
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by manmustwac(m): 3:21pm On May 18, 2008
There's nothing to regret
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by dnative(m): 7:10pm On May 18, 2008
Can't help thinking how nice it would be being amongst my own people doing what I'm doing here. Waking up daily and being able to greet your mates and acquaintances 'oh boy - how far now? - and with a smile grin" My only regret is about the people at the top not living up to their responsibilities of making Naija a better place - otherwise wetin man for dey do for this side? - Nothing like being amongst your own kind
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 18, 2008
hmmmm if i say i have no regrets i will be lying , nigeria is better wen it has to do wt foodstuffs,the foodstuffs here are not fresh,and u cant find everything here cry cry cry
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by ztyle(m): 12:31am On May 19, 2008
@Vic Wats Up!
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by Vicjustice: 12:54am On May 19, 2008
ztyle:

@Vic Wats Up!

Hey, this night guy with the night vision goggles cool cool cool. What's up grin grin grin?
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by ztyle(m): 1:27am On May 19, 2008
which one come be vision goggles? undecided
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by Vicjustice: 2:24am On May 19, 2008
ztyle:

which one come be vision goggles? undecided
Didn't you seen American soldiers in in Iraq? They were mostly active at night so they all had the night vision goggles. So, since you're mainly active at night, i expect you to have the goggles except you're the "bat" cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by ztyle(m): 9:38pm On May 19, 2008
Lol, u re the BAT not me grin
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by NubianQ(f): 7:30pm On May 21, 2008
yeah a little but i get by somedays and somedays i dont.
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by Xiomarra: 6:49am On May 22, 2008
Absolutely no regrets at all.  Thank God for giving me the opportunity to see how "human" beings live outside Nigeria.  If I died and came back again, I will repeat removing myself from Nigeria at an earlier age like 2 years old. Or better still not to be born a Nigerian.

For one simple reason: Nigerians are one of the most heartless sets of people in this whole wide world. Even to themselves.

Tufiakwa!
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by kamsi(f): 4:47pm On May 22, 2008
@Xiomarra
Absolutely no regrets at all.  Thank God for giving me the opportunity to see how "human" beings live outside Nigeria.  If I died and came back again, I will repeat removing myself from Nigeria at an earlier age like 2 years old. Or better still not to be born a Nigerian.

For one simple reason: Nigerians are one of the most heartless sets of people in this whole wide world. Even to themselves.

Tufiakwa

Am amazed when people say things like this, are Nigerians suicide bombers or or do we kill foreigners in our country in the disguise that they are taking up all our jobs.

Please if you were unfortunate to be surrounded by 'heartless people' do not generalize.

Every day we are bombered with what the so called westerners do from freezing their babies in the freezer to imprisoning their daughters for 24 years and having 7 children with her, are all these people not foreigners abi na ''heartless Nigerian'' them be.

Being wicked or heartless is not an exclusive preserve of a particular nationality, who were the bloody racist that maltreated and humialiated Black American abi na ''Most Heartless Sets of People (Nigerians)''

Please give us a break!

1 Like

Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by tinkinfela(m): 6:41am On May 28, 2008
Yep,only once when i traveled to SA last year december. Look at the way our brothers dey constitute nuisance 4 there.
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by nkc(m): 7:50am On May 28, 2008
i am proud to be a nigerian,if i die, and come back, i'll want to come back as a nigerian,nigeria is blessed,for those that could not see it i do not blame them, even d whites have there own issues, so i love nigeria, NAIJA FOR LIFE, grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Change Of Name on international passport After Marriage / Desperate to Travel to Europe / Dv 2012 Lottery Final Interview Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.