Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,288 members, 7,971,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 08:29 PM

Is This A Trojan? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is This A Trojan? (800 Views)

Guys be careful, there's a trojan on FB! / A Trojan Has Passworded My Computer / Removing VBS Redlof and Trojan.Startpage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is This A Trojan? by abushaheed: 1:14pm On May 16, 2008
I have a HP laptop which i formatted and reinstalled WIN XP.

After then whenever i connect to the internet via LAN cable or wireless,

a popup window immediately comes up telling me the system will short down in 15 minutes. (it will surely shut down)

This occurs atimes and atimes it does'nt. From my knowlegde i feel its a trojan horse.

please tell what it is and a possible solution.
Re: Is This A Trojan? by uspry1(f): 1:57pm On May 16, 2008
Yes it is virus infected on your system whatever you download something you do not know such as website, flash drive, or CD without scanning them on your anti-virus to detect any virus in order to remove them before downloand to your folders.

Try AVG root-kit to detect hidden virus to kill. it is FREE! Google it!

Recommend you as follow below:

Best Anti-Virus For Better Protection
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-99212.0.html

Which is The Best Anti-Virus?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-112710.0.html
Re: Is This A Trojan? by TmeD0(m): 4:47pm On May 16, 2008
abushaheed:

I have a HP laptop which i formatted and reinstalled WIN XP.

After then whenever i connect to the internet via LAN cable or wireless,

a popup window immediately comes up telling me the system will short down in 15 minutes. (it will surely shut down)

This occurs atimes and atimes it does'nt. From my knowlegde i feel its a trojan horse.

please tell what it is and a possible solution.

Before you assume it's a trojan, may I ask why you formatted in the first place.  Was your machine infected in the first place? After you reinstalled the OS, did you Install an A/V?  If you did, have you updated the virus definitions?  Does the dialog dox appear only when you're online or sometimes while you're just running an application.  At any rate, download and install HijackThis (don't worry, the file is < 1MB), then scan your system and post the result here.  Just save the scan result in .txt format (it'll give you that option).  There could be something else that's H/W related wrong with your PC (I may be wrong).  Don't forget to post the result here.  Peace!

(1) (Reply)

SOLUTION TO WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER THAT IS PLAyING BUT NOT GIVING OUT SOUND / Recovery Cd For Hp Pavillion Dv6000 With Cam / How To Get Nigerian Forums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.