Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,989 members, 7,942,551 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 12:13 PM

The Seerah Of The Messenger In One Ayah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Seerah Of The Messenger In One Ayah (639 Views)

Ayatul Kursi - The Ayah Of The Throne / The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!! / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Seerah Of The Messenger In One Ayah by tbaba12345: 8:12am On Jul 04, 2013
This is one of my all time favorite ayah. It is incredible. I read it this morning and i had to make sujood. May Allah help me present it in the best of ways.

In surah Rad, Allah says (roughly translated):

He sends water from the sky that fills valleys to overflowing, each according to its measure. The stream carries on its surface a growing layer of froth, like the froth that appears when people melt metals in the fire to make ornaments and tools: in this way God illustrates truth and falsehood––the froth disappears, but what is of benefit to man stays behind on the earth––this is how God gives examples. (Surah 13:17)

So what does this mean?

Stage 1

He sends water from the sky that fills valleys to overflowing, each according to its measure. The stream carries on its surface a growin layer of froth

In the Quran, rain from the sky means revelatio from the sky. Just like rain comes and revives the dead earth, revelation comes and revives the dead heart.

The message of the Quran came like rain from
the sky and filled the valleys of Mecca. The good earth absolves the water, the bad earth rises to the top as froth.

The froth refers to the Mushrikun of Mecca who were easily separated from the muslims when revelation came.

But then Allah describes another froth.

Stage 2

.... like the froth that appears when people melt metals in the fire to make ornaments and tools:

The second froth is more difficult to get out. They have to be put under heat, the heat of war.. Badr, Uhud, Ahzab etc. These froth are the munafiq (hypocrites) of medina. They are far more difficult to separate and the heat of war was needed to expose them.

SubhanAllah.

In metal making, you can either make an ornament or a tool. Everyone would rather make an ornament.

This part of the ayah is explained in surah saf. Allah says:

Have faith in God and His Messenger and struggle for His cause with your possessions and your persons––that is better for you, if only you knew––and He will forgive your sins, admit you into Gardens graced with flowing streams, into pleasant dwellings in the Gardens of Eternity. That is the supreme triumph. (Ornament)

And He will give you something else that will really please you: His help and an imminent breakthrough (Tool). [Prophet], give the faithful the good news
(Surah 61:11-13)

The ornament is Jannah from fighting in Allah' cause. Allah also promises us his help and victory in our battle on this earth, that is just the tool.

SubhanAllah

Then Allah says:

in this way God illustrates truth and falsehood

So beautiful!!!

But there is more

Stage 3

the froth disappears, but what is of benefit to man stays behind on the earth

The froth on the earth disappears leaving only what is of benefit. Mecca is conquered and idolatary defeated in it. Only the soil that absorbed the rain is left.

But Allah does not talk about the froth from the metal process because the froth was always there, and still is today.

SubhanAllah..

Then Allah ends the ayah appropriately

this is how God gives examples

Now, that is how Allah gives an example.

Incredible.

2 Likes

Re: The Seerah Of The Messenger In One Ayah by Occurstaem(m): 8:57am On Jul 04, 2013
Your explanation is very clear.Thanks.
Re: The Seerah Of The Messenger In One Ayah by tbaba12345: 1:28pm On Jul 04, 2013
Good
Re: The Seerah Of The Messenger In One Ayah by Maisuya1: 2:04pm On Jul 04, 2013
THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN ONE OF MY BEST AYAHS IN THE QURAN DUE TO ITS BEAUTY AND MELODY, BUT ITS MEANINGS IS EVEN MAKES IT MORE ...
Re: The Seerah Of The Messenger In One Ayah by tbaba1234: 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
smiley
Re: The Seerah Of The Messenger In One Ayah by tbaba1234: 2:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
Mai-suya:
THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN ONE OF MY BEST AYAHS IN THE QURAN DUE TO ITS BEAUTY AND MELODY, BUT ITS MEANINGS IS EVEN MAKES IT MORE ...

Awesomeness!
Re: The Seerah Of The Messenger In One Ayah by lanrexlan(m): 10:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
Interesting bro,I do read this ayah but don't go deeper to the third stage.
Re: The Seerah Of The Messenger In One Ayah by sino(m): 10:39am On Jul 05, 2013
tbaba1234:

Awesomeness!
^Exactly

'say: "If the ocean were ink (werewith to write out) the words of my Lord sooner would the ocean be exhausted than would the words of my Lord even if we added another ocean like it for its aid."(Q18vs109)

As we study the Qur'an more, so do we have more explanation and understanding. Subhanallah!

(1) (Reply)

About Muslim Scholars And Praise / The Story Of Of Prophet Yunus(jonah)... / Message To His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.