Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,051 members, 7,970,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 01:54 AM

FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. (9055 Views)

FG Condemns Quit Calls For Herdsmen From The South East- Vanguard News / Buhari Returns To Nigeria,to Embark On Three-nation Tour Of Egypt, Saudi Arabia / FG Condemns Execution Of Two Nigerians In Indonesia For Drug Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by FrankC3: 12:51pm On Jul 05, 2013
ozodigboo:
Bullcrap.
And why are peeps liking YOUR post ?
Anyone who followed the Egyptian problem closely will know that this was not an ordinary coup.
In fact, over 90% of Egyptians were begging the military to intervene. We saw all the jubilations that followed Morsi's removal.
Whatever we think, the wish of all egyptians should be paramount - not what GEJ or Obama, whatever thinks.
We have all been brainwashed by this idea that THE BEST MILITARY GOVT. IS WORSE THAN THE WORST DEMOCRACY.
Because of this , u see our politicians hiding under democracy to perpetuate evil n massive corruption.
At least the egyptian army were decent - they didn't install a fellow military man. They installed the Chief Justice.
The Nigerian FG is condemning . . . . . .condemning what ? Are u better ** sucking up to Obama**
SmH.

The number of people that don't like Morsi in Egypt, are they more than the number of people that don't like Cameron in UK or Obama in US of Netanyahu in Isreal? Do they have less number of youths in their fold? The important question is why are they not in the streets? Was there no jubilation on Nigerian streets the day Abacha took over government? Some of you need to really think before you type stuff like this!!
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by ochukoccna: 12:55pm On Jul 05, 2013
@Frank-C,let me get this off my chest quickly
You are right,I DON'T LIKE JONATHAN
How can I like someone who has embraced the very same forces which have held Nigeria in shackles?
One under who sleaze and humungous financial scandals continues unabated
What about the ethnic hue he has given the exalted office of the presidency prodded on by some ethnic dinasaurs?
Or the ridicule he exposes Nigeria to in his romance with money launderers, oil scam fixers and people wanted by the justice systems of well run nations
I'm not placing my country lower than it belongs
You know who are cool

Regarding Eygpt,while I do not subscribe to coups
The first reaction to Morsi's removal has been the rise of the Eygptian stock exchange
It shows the fiancial markets also support it
An elected leader CANNOT act as Morsi did
Despite his party background been from a religious ideology,he pursued an Islamist agenda convinently forgetting that Eygpt is a secular not religious society even with Islam been the major religion
His decrees and onslaught on the judiciary showed his increasingly hardline nature
Throw in worsening economic conditions and his outright refusal to dialogue in resolving the crisis was his undoing
The people impeached him on the streets rather than a moslem brotherhood dominated parliament
It might have been the wrong way Eygpt went about it, but this is what the people wanted
And if I may add many moderate Arab nations
An Islamist Iran is more than enough for the Midle East region and the world
For an Eygpt with one of the larget armies to fully go Islamist note Islamist not Moslem,is a ticking time bomb for regional and world geo-politics

Your rant about the gay politics of Britain,America and the Illuminati is uncalled for
One thing is to feel the pulse of society
A Nigerian nay African society that harrasses mini-skirt wearing ladies is one that will now support gays
I laugh in fulfude
Even if we legalize it like Malawi just to collect $$$$ ,€€€€ and ££££ in aid,the people would STILL abor it
Men make a society not the law
As Christ said the law was made for man and not the other way round
Democracy is but a system of laws that is what Morsi failed to understand
And the people who came out to protest did so passionately and were not rented like the lady dancers we saw on a NL thread who queued up to collect their hire after seeing off madam president after her recent state visit to Port Harcourt undecided undecided undecided
Your analogy to Fashola and okada riders fails in this regard

You still refuse to admit the current Nigerian state is one in decline
While we have enormous resources which we scare many African nations with, you easily forget this is a Nigeria that lost Bakassi to a France backed Cameroun,has no voice in CAF,was defeated by SA's candidate (Jacob Zuma's wife) in the AU,lost out the African Developmental Bank top job to Rwanda,took up been part of the AU's peace force in Mali yet our troops beg for food there, has our citizens looked down upon even in Africa talk less of the world etc
I do not know where your delusions about the present Nigeria and her greatness comes from.
I honestly do not

1 Like

Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
Frank-C:

The number of people that don't like Morsi in Egypt, are they more than the number of people that don't like Cameron in UK or Obama in US of Netanyahu in Isreal? Do they have less number of youths in their fold? The important question is why are they not in the streets? Was there no jubilation on Nigerian streets the day Abacha took over government? Some of you need to really think before you type stuff like this!!

People get tired of Governments that do not do what is equally beneficial to all. yes there are sacrifices to be made but if the ends do not justify the means, the continued existence of such a regime short-circuits economic development, creates social imbalance (with all its ethnic and religious tones) like past/present t regimes in Nigeria are doing.

There is a reason why millions of Brazilians took to the Streets, Why Tunisians are having problems with their youths and why the young Egyptians can do what they did. it is something you have left out of your analysis (perhaps unintentionally)

Middle-Class Empowerment,Brazil used to be in dire straits until their Economy turned around and at least 50million Brazilians got better improvement in not just their income but infrastructure and opportunities, yes they still have poor people but you have the voice of +50 million truly middle-class citizens who can really tip the scales which ever way they choose.

Nigeria does not have nearly a quarter of 50 million middle-class citizens, you can bet we have that much in unemployed, angry youths. anger does not move any Government neither will poor disfranchised youths.
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
This's what happens when you're trying to use religion for political interests. Democracy is the government of the people, for the people and by the people. Though Morsi was democratically elected, his rule was more of Autocracy. How else would you see a democratically elected president issuing a decree to shield his decisions from judicial review? He's trying to usurp the role of another arm of government. That act alone justifies his impeachment. He blocked every constitutional means possible to get him impeached. Since the constitution has been hijacked by the president, what choice do the people have than to protest his tyranny? Since democracy is all about the people, the elected should do only what the people want. There wouldn't be any reason for army intervention if everything was alright. I however do not support military intervention in a democratic system, but Morsi's rule was never democratic anyway. I can only wish them timely return to constitutional order.
This should also be a wake up call to Nigerian politicians to find lasting solutions to our many problems and stop pushing us to the wall. If civilians starts revolution today in Nigeria, the military's got their back.
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2013
olubuffett: They are worried Nigerians might do the same thing, no need to be agitated Nigerians are busy watching dstv, so it won't happen.
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Pdizzle(m): 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
Jeel: Just diplomacy
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by sean079: 1:48pm On Jul 05, 2013
one thing i so like in the western culture and attitude is the will to resign willingly when issue are not going the right way. its only in backward Africa you will see sit tight mentality even when the whole people they are suppose to govern are all dead claiming they are democratically elected. Tell me why will coup not be prevalent in such circumstances when everybody know you reluctant to vacate for another person to input fresh idea
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by vokalguy(m): 1:55pm On Jul 05, 2013
How will they not condemn the removal of the Egyptian President?! Its because we are too 'soft' maybe Nigerians should learn a thing or two from these Egyptians!
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Adesiji77: 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2013
olubuffett: They are worried Nigerians might do the same thing, no need to be agitated Nigerians are busy watching dstv, so it won't happen.

grin
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Lordlexy: 3:10pm On Jul 05, 2013
@Frank. Democracy, rule of law, yearning and aspiration of d ppl doesn't work wit sit-tight leaders who are tyrannic in nature. You sound like d very kid u called most ppl to be when u refused to recognise d fact tat d Egyptian parliament comprises of mainly d MB from Morsis party and as such making his removal impossible since he is there to serve their selfish interest. Agreed that over the years, democracy has been so modified and remodified to this level where it is restricted to d ballot boxes as defined by the western world basically because of their level of exposure, but adopting the whole practice in our clime where do or die politics wit impunity is d order of d day, common Frank C, there's absolutely no better way than d youths hitting d street to demand a change of govt. Nigerians wouldn't have been in this hell if our military were as democratic as the Egyptian arm forces imediately replacing Morsis wit their CJ. The situation in Egypt is a peculiar, and one tat demand d very action taking. I bet you, the coming head of state will uphold d rule of law and will work for d progress of d ppl. I wish we have a democratic military who are ever ready to side d populace like d one we saw up there, at least, by this, d ruling elite would trade caution in their handling of d nation.
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by erinolu(m): 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
Frank-C:

Learn to keep aside your emotions when you react to issues. Emotions of love, hatred, anger, happiness, joy etc does not guide clear headed decision. This is what the youth cannot do and what older men do, the very reason they are said to be wiser.

Read the writing of the fathers of democracy you pretend to talk about and understand that the Egyptian style revolution was replaced by ballot boxes for a reason. Find and read the writings of from John Lock to George Washington and understand the basic ideology of democracy. Democracy actually came to be and have been refined over the years to evolve a more civilized way of changing political power. That is why intelligent people talk about 'streaghtening democratic institutions' and not youths with unbridled energy taking to the streets and burning down their cities until they dethron a 'dictator'!!

What then would you say about the success of the FRENCH revolution..?
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by sobaemma(m): 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2013
My guy shut up,presido i say shut up,foreign minister shut up,if u.s,uk,eu talk as developed countries,we that are still struggling with boko haram,our number one citizen travelling to borrow money form china,citizens living in poverty,then u come to talk?only south africa are permitted to talk in africa,cus the government are not selfless
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Rossikk(m): 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
EmperorOlu:

[size=15pt].....i bet you consider yourself to be intelligent [/size] undecided

[size=18pt]He is 10 million times more intelligent than you.[/size]
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Rossikk(m): 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
sobaemma: My guy shut up,presido i say shut up,foreign minister shut up,if u.s,uk,eu talk as developed countries,we that are still struggling with boko haram,our number one citizen travelling to borrow money form china,citizens living in poverty,then u come to talk?only south africa are permitted to talk in africa,cus the government are not selfless

Shut up and return to your village hut, you self-imposed inferiority afflicted mongoose.

1 Like

Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Rossikk(m): 3:51pm On Jul 05, 2013
vokal_guy: How will they not condemn the removal of the Egyptian President?! Its because we are too 'soft' maybe Nigerians should learn a thing or two from these Egyptians!

So what exactly did ''those Egyptians'' accomplish? They filled the streets in millions, then allowed the MILITARY to take over ...again. They are where we were in 1976. They still see the military as their friend.

We have nothing to learn from them. A true revolution is one where the people fill the streets, and then SEIZE POWER THEMSELVES, not going on picnic to Tahir square, singing, dancing, and throwing fireworks. And then thinking they've succeeded when a military junta seizes power.

The people still lack the organisation and courage to actually storm their parliaments themselves and seize power. All they do is hand power to the same US/Saudi-funded military that ALWAYS produces elite stooges and compromised figures to rule over them. Same thing has happened again. Some 'judge' with close ties to the ruling class is the new 'leader', who has promised ''early elections''. Guess if the military will allow any real progressive to contest those elections?
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
Frank-C:
Too many kids running around the block. Nigerian government foreign policy has been very solid, consistent and more ideologically driven lately. Nigeria has had a very bitter experience of military rule. Most Nigerians (apart from few CPC/ACN people) believe that the worst civilian government is better than the best military government.

Nigeria is an acclaimed regional power. A power house that is fast translating her potentials to reality. African biggest democracy and home to more than 250 black african ethnic nationalities who coexist side by side amidst mind boggling contradictions. Home to strong but professional military and a fast maturing democracy.

You can quote me, no voice on the continent is stronger on this issue than Nigeria's. Only ACN/CPC touts and few illiterates will link this strategic foreign policy position to a terribly unlikely similar event in Nigeria or to local party politics, I will not be surprised if some of them even link it to Amaechi because that is all their little mind can see. Which normal human being will expect Nigerian government to remain silent on the happenings in Egypt (your strong ally during your difficult period of civil war), nor even expect the government to support military intervention in civilian politics. Morsi may represent something reprehensible, I personally don't like any political party that espouse religious ideology but he was chosen by majority of Egyptian people for a time limited tenure. Egyptians should learn to strenghten their democratic institutions to impeach the guy but not remove him by street protests and military intervention. Besides, no government fixes a country after one year in office. Rolling out tanks in the street of Egypt just betrays the weakness of Egyptian democratic institutions.

You will notice well reasoned foreign policy position from this government. Ranging from Mali to Libya and now Egypt. There seem to be robust debate in the 'war room' before a position is taken and we have never been proven wrong. Actually, South Africa lost her leadership role in Africa to Nigeria because of the way we have conducted our foreign policy. Not that I expect children to understand this, but I know that GEJ and Ashiru are doing something right.

Monkey
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Lordlexy: 5:29pm On Jul 05, 2013
@Rossikk, i unbriddle folks like u will always have sometin contrary to say even when u are not making any sense just to be on d good page of d govt. But whether u like or not, one day Nigerians will have their own version, and i promise u, u will be swept off, because ur post as politics is concerns, lack substance, justifies and endorses lawlessness. If making such sacrifices is all tat is required to set a better democratic precedence, then we are ready.
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Rossikk(m): 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2013
Lordlexy: @Rossikk, i unbriddle folks like u will always have sometin contrary to say even when u are not making any sense just to be on d good page of d govt. But whether u like or not, one day Nigerians will have their own version, and i promise u, u will be swept off, because ur post as politics is concerns, lack substance, justifies and endorses lawlessness. If making such sacrifices is all tat is required to set a better democratic precedence, then we are ready.

Yawwwn.... Thank your lucky stars you have internet access and education provided you by the same Nigerian govt you want to topple to install your saints from outer space.

Go and demonstrate for military to come back because you saw same in Egypt and have no brain of yours to think different.
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by kinguwem: 5:50pm On Jul 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
The truth is that, a coup in Nigeria is the fastest way to disintegration. I don't see Nigerians being under a coup anymore. Nigeria is too big for that.
I support you totally. Though Egypt is more developed than Nigeria. Nigeria is more advanced politically. Democracy is the modern means of governance. A military coup is an uncivilized means of solving a political dispute.
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by SPEED5: 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2013
Frank-C:
Too many kids running around the block. Nigerian government foreign policy has been very solid, consistent and more ideologically driven lately. Nigeria has had a very bitter experience of military rule. Most Nigerians (apart from few CPC/ACN people) believe that the worst civilian government is better than the best military government.

Nigeria is an acclaimed regional power. A power house that is fast translating her potentials to reality. African biggest democracy and home to more than 250 black african ethnic nationalities who coexist side by side amidst mind boggling contradictions. Home to strong but professional military and a fast maturing democracy.

You can quote me, no voice on the continent is stronger on this issue than Nigeria's. Only ACN/CPC touts and few illiterates will link this strategic foreign policy position to a terribly unlikely similar event in Nigeria or to local party politics, I will not be surprised if some of them even link it to Amaechi because that is all their little mind can see. Which normal human being will expect Nigerian government to remain silent on the happenings in Egypt (your strong ally during your difficult period of civil war), nor even expect the government to support military intervention in civilian politics. Morsi may represent something reprehensible, I personally don't like any political party that espouse religious ideology but he was chosen by majority of Egyptian people for a time limited tenure. Egyptians should learn to strenghten their democratic institutions to impeach the guy but not remove him by street protests and military intervention. Besides, no government fixes a country after one year in office. Rolling out tanks in the street of Egypt just betrays the weakness of Egyptian democratic institutions.

You will notice well reasoned foreign policy position from this government. Ranging from Mali to Libya and now Egypt. There seem to be robust debate in the 'war room' before a position is taken and we have never been proven wrong. Actually, South Africa lost her leadership role in Africa to Nigeria because of the way we have conducted our foreign policy. Not that I expect children to understand this, but I know that GEJ and Ashiru are doing something right.

U speak well

1 Like

Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by HezronLorraine(m): 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2013
Jack Baueress: Nigeria's opinion does not matter. Does it?
it does matter.Nigeria is a Principal member of the AU and an african power nation.
Our opinion determines the reactions of other.Most nations wait for Nigeria,SA,Ethiopia to speak out on issues of this kind on africa.
Our voice on Africa is what canvasses vote in support or against Morsi's overthrow.
Nigeria is more influential than u think,because most of you think Influence is now determined by Obama's visit.smh.
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by HezronLorraine(m): 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2013
Kamanda:

Monkey
chimp.
Nigeria's Foreign Policy as not only be boosted to support Nigeria's economy,but also we've seen Modern day diplomacy.have you seen how Nigeria plays its foreign objectives.
Libya,they were right on Gaddafi.they are delivering in Mali.nigeria is running for the UN Security Council unchallenged by any other african country,while it still pursues ambition for a permanent seat which it silently has Britain and France's support though both nations are yet to openly endorse Nigeria since there's still isn't open delberation for expansion of the council.
Nigeria keeps delivering on top level issues in UN,and its reps have provided frameworks that turn out successful on many issues of relevancy.

The other day,I was arguing here on NL when those russian sailors were released that Russia can't nuke Nigeria without starting WW3,some said Russia has imaginary friendship with Nigeria and no other superpower will fight for us.
Its just many know little of our Foreign Policy,How strong Nigeria's diplomatic corp is.

1 Like

Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by mankand(m): 6:32pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: it does matter.Nigeria is a Principal member of the AU and an african power nation.
Our opinion determines the reactions of other.Most nations wait for Nigeria,SA,Ethiopia to speak out on issues of this kind on africa.
Our voice on Africa is what canvasses vote in support or against Morsi's overthrow.
Nigeria is more influential than u think,because most of you think Influence is now determined by Obama's visit.smh.

So you still believe in Nigeria been giant of Africa?

FYI nigeria already lost its respect due to massive corruption of our leaders tainting the image of our dear country. I did not think you have been to smaller African countries and see how they treat Nigerian passports.

You only site in your room claiming giant of Africa
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by mankand(m): 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: chimp.
Nigeria's Foreign Policy as not only be boosted to support Nigeria's economy,but also we've seen Modern day diplomacy.have you seen how Nigeria plays its foreign objectives.
Libya,they were right on Gaddafi.they are delivering in Mali.nigeria is running for the UN Security Council unchallenged by any other african country,while it still pursues ambition for a permanent seat which it silently has Britain and France's support though both nations are yet to openly endorse Nigeria since there's still isn't open delberation for expansion of the council.
Nigeria keeps delivering on top level issues in UN,and its reps have provided frameworks that turn out successful on many issues of relevancy.

The other day,I was arguing here on NL when those russian sailors were released that Russia can't nuke Nigeria without starting WW3,some said Russia has imaginary friendship with Nigeria and no other superpower will fight for us.
Its just many know little of our Foreign Policy,How strong Nigeria's diplomatic corp is.

Dude you all should come out and face the real truth rather than keep living in illusion.

Nigerian foreign policy? You think your leaders care? No they are only trying to protect their selfish interest. Go to neighbouring countries and then see how they treat Nigerian passports.

The fact is that Nigerian leaders are greedy pursuing their own interest in the UNITED. Who do you think is listening to nigeria in the UN nobody.

For the records Nigerian soldiers in Mali are only running domestic errands for the French soldiers and they have not been involved in any physical combat for technical reasons.

Nigeria have long lost its glory and respect in the world.
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by HezronLorraine(m): 6:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
mankand:

So you still believe in Nigeria been giant of Africa?

FYI nigeria already lost its respect due to massive corruption of our leaders tainting the image of our dear country. I did not think you have been to smaller African countries and see how they treat Nigerian passports.

You only site in your room claiming giant of Africa
cheap propaganda.every nation has its own stain of corruption and maladministration.this surely determines how others perceive u.
Nigeria knows where it belongs to on world matters.Nigeria is a Giant with Feets of a Dwarf.Still a giant is a giant.it needs be feared.
The cases of disrespect to Nigerians abroad doesn't go unreciprocated or unchallenge.the govt can only do little with diplomacy in most cases.
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by mankand(m): 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: cheap propaganda.every nation has its own stain of corruption and maladministration.this surely determines how others perceive u.
Nigeria knows where it belongs to on world matters.Nigeria is a Giant with Feets of a Dwarf.Still a giant is a giant.it needs be feared.
The cases of disrespect to Nigerians abroad doesn't go unreciprocated or unchallenge.the govt can only do little with diplomacy in most cases.

where does nigeria belongs to? The country can only be placed in the class of Bangladesh, Pakistan.

The fact is that the responsibility of taking the country to its rightful position lies in our hands and not expecting an incompetent government to do it.

The question we should ask ourselves is how do we do it?
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 05, 2013
Morsi bleeped up big time! But why can't egyptians adopt a constitutional means of removing him instead of via military coup

I hope we wouldn't have another libyan scenario.
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by HezronLorraine(m): 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2013
mankand:

where does nigeria belongs to? The country can only be placed in the class of Bangladesh, Pakistan.
No,in some category yes.in others a strong NO.

The fact is that the responsibility of taking the country to its rightful position lies in our hands and not expecting an incompetent government to do it.

I totally agree to this,but come to think of it.the same citizens went to polls and voted in this incompetent govt.part of the fault lies with us for sending into power someone who would fail or deliver little.
The question we should ask ourselves is how do we do it?
It starts with sustainability of an undying and determined spirit of the citizens to hold the govt accountable for its actions.
I'm glued to CNN and Aljazeera right now,and this protest are deadly,3 already dead,dozens wounded.serious protests by both factions.in a Nigeria uprising like this we can't bond together to demand what is right or expected.the fuel subsidy protest was hijacked by opponents of GEJ and turned to fun-fare where they called musicians for performance and fed the protesters.the Egypt case is different,many slept in the rain,heavy desert sun beats them.the squares are locked as limited movement due to heavy congestion of the protesters.
We start from putting in the right person,but at times we vote the best person who isn't necessarily the right candidate.Egypt is a case study.
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Rossikk(m): 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2013
kinguwem: I support you totally. Though Egypt is more developed than Nigeria.
Perhaps... But we're fast catching up on them while they seem to be regressing.

Nigeria is more advanced politically. Democracy is the modern means of governance. A military coup is an uncivilized means of solving a political dispute.

This is what I'm trying to drum into these peoples' heads.

The Egyptians should come to Nigeria for lessons on how to build their democracy. Their politicians are not as sophisticated as their Nigerian counterparts. They lack strategic thinking. I mean, look at Morsi. What he did was equivalent to Buhari winning power by a slim margin, and then proceeding to impose sharia across the country, and neglecting all developmental issues. You won't even need millions of Nigerians on the streets to stop him. Either he gets impeached, or someone in his inner circle will off him before he does further damage to their party.

1 Like

Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by eprynce(m): 7:38pm On Jul 05, 2013
Jack Baueress: Nigeria's opinion does not matter. Does it?

No, it doesn't!
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Rossikk(m): 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2013
^^ Matters more than yours..
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by mankand(m): 8:08pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hezron Lorraine:
It starts with sustainability of an undying and determined spirit of the citizens to hold the govt accountable for its actions.
I'm glued to CNN and Aljazeera right now,and this protest are deadly,3 already dead,dozens wounded.serious protests by both factions.in a Nigeria uprising like this we can't bond together to demand what is right or expected.the fuel subsidy protest was hijacked by opponents of GEJ and turned to fun-fare where they called musicians for performance and fed the protesters.the Egypt case is different,many slept in the rain,heavy desert sun beats them.the squares are locked as limited movement due to heavy congestion of the protesters.

We start from putting in the right person,but at times we vote the best person who isn't necessarily the right candidate.Egypt is a case study.

Regarding the fuel subsidy issue, I already saw it dead on arrival. Our media and journalism was poor.

There was no proper guide to what the masses were fighting for. Some were shouting corruption, while others see it as fun. Our youths need to wake up, all leaders including Tinubu as well as our religious leaders need to be given a proper measurement of justice. Our youths are still divided, our parents already betrayed their conscience for their stomachs, they will claim we should not join in the protest just because they received an unfair share.

What Egypt demonstrated was that nothing in this world when heart and mind is guided towards it. They were fighting for the same course.

Did you see protest in Turkey how did it end? The protesters won, supreme court passed the verdict, they won.

Ours here, everyone is lobbying for the national cake

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election / Petrol Will Be Available In Two Weeks – IPMAN / Electricity Generation Drops 16% To 3,501MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.