Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,140 members, 7,973,842 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 08:44 AM

Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase (17572 Views)

Abuja-kaduna Rail Project No Longer Feasible In May – Amaechi / #BringBackOurGirls Member Mubaraka Sani Dies In Accident Along Abuja-kaduna Road / El-rufai Declares N90bn Assets, Owns 40 Houses In Abuja, Kaduna - The Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by Godson201333(m): 5:25am On Jul 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: ** Track Laying Commences

ABUJA, July 4 (Xinhua) --The China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation(CCECC) on Thursday officially flagged off the track laying of the Abuja to Kaduna railway modernization project in Nigeria, raising hope that the construction will be completed in due time.

The ongoing project is part of the transformation agenda of Nigeria's government to commence the massive reactivation and revitalization of the country's railway system, according to Vice President Namadi Sambo, who officially flagged off the track laying in Idu, site of the railway project in Abuja.

Sambo commended the CCECC, foreign contractors of the railway project, for working assiduously day and night to see to the completion of the railway construction, which serves as infrastructure build-up of the government's transformation agenda.

"I am, therefore, highly delighted to perform the official commencement of the track laying for the Abuja (Idu) to Kaduna railway modernization project which signifies the final critical aspect towards completion of this segment of rail modernization in Nigeria,"the vice president enthused.

He said President Goodluck Jonathan, who has proposed a state visit to China next week, is expected to discuss with the Chinese government's possible sourcing of concessionary l oans to guarantee funding the final execution of the project because execution of the contract had initially suffered a setback owing to pausity of funds.

That, according to the vice president, was why the project was later programmed for execution in phases so as to ensure a sustained funding arrangement in line with the yearly budgetary allocation and concessionary loans.

Also speaking at the ceremony, Nigeria's Minister of Transport Umar Idris said earthworks for the project was almost completed, at 92percent, while hydraulic structure shad also attained 87percent completion.

"Out of the 24 railway bridges to be constructed, 17 have been completed to substructure level while substructure work on the remaining seven are at various levels of completion. Four out of five box bridges have been completed while the remaining one is ongoing, "he added, noting 187 out of the 348 precast T-beams for the bridges had been produced, from which 52 had been success fully installed, among others.

The overall physical completion level so far recorded on the project is 68percent, according to Idris.

On his own part, Managing Director of CCECC in Nigeria, Shi Hongbing said the construction firm did not just handle the project as contractors, but also as investors in the west African country.

"And for this project, until today, we've employed more than 4,000 Nigerian staff during our construction time. In the recent future, after the completion and full operation of the project, more than 5,000 Nigerian staff will be trained and employed for this project, "he added

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/xinhua/2013-07-05/content_9501565.html

And why are these animals saying that they have employ more than 4000 Nigerians,You employ them paying a graduate 650 naira per day...what a shame! Chinko people for that matter!
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by InvertedHammer: 5:41am On Jul 05, 2013
/
Hopefully they will acquire newer trains and not those boxes with ceiling fans, painted green and yellow on the outside.

//
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by juman(m): 6:32am On Jul 05, 2013
Why OBJ could not revive the rail transport in eight years??

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by try69: 6:35am On Jul 05, 2013
plaindealer:

That part flew over their heads. I don't even think they are capable of such critical thinking and analysis..

Lol..a lot of Nigerians are like that

Ever wonder why they say we produce half-baked graduates?
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 05, 2013
TRILLIONIAR: [Sincere 9gerian]
I SO MUCH HATE YOU
If it makes u feel any better then by all means go ahead & hate on a broda. Just hope it shall not graduate to self hate & eventually self destruct after u had hated on all man someday.
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 05, 2013
oluamid:

That NYSC increament is not true Oo°˚˚˚°. Last time I was paid, it was still 19,800.
Ask an ex-corp member that served from 2011 backwards, then come back and modify ur post.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 05, 2013
Nice... But I dont trust Chinese stuffs/works.
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by delvinmaya(m): 7:33am On Jul 05, 2013
@Abok1, bro I sympathize with your frustrations trying to educate peeps here, no fault of yours really, the blame lies solely with the OP. @Abok1, notice the title of the thread, then read the quoted words of the Vice President. I don't tink its the HSR that's being built here.
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 05, 2013
Abok1:
The level of shamelessness as exhibited from Sincere9gerian is just unfathomable.

How would someone shamelessly call track laying the final phase of an High speed train construction project?

Except you don't know what an High speed rail is called which can be understood, don't you dare come to a public fora like Nairaland to lie into our faces.

Firstly, where are the overhead switches for powering the high-speed rail? Until you get to this phase, you cannot say with clear conscience that you are in a final phase of construction.

Secondly, if the overhead current transmitters are constructed, where would the FG conjure up the required power generation to sustain the constant need for the individual railway footprints?

I think you should desist from saying things that you know little about, because its becoming insulting to say the least
Maybe you didnt go through the first page of this thread before embarking on this voyage of embarrassment. By the way, we'r talking of fast train (speed of about 150-170km per hour) and not bullet train. When completed, people can live in Kaduna or any other place along the route and work in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by ewet: 7:53am On Jul 05, 2013
Can we see pics of te rail cars thy intend to run these tracks,hope its not those dinosur boxes tht we see in Lagos. Tht will not be nice at all.
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by IGBOSON1: 8:04am On Jul 05, 2013
chidindufrank: The North must be really proud of GEJ's administration because it has given due attention to the daily needs of people of the north.This rail network When completed would boost economic activities in that part of the country.

^^^On the bolded: don't hold your breath mate!
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by splashbaby(m): 8:05am On Jul 05, 2013
ewet: Can we see pics of te rail cars thy intend to run these tracks,hope its not those dinosur boxes tht we see in Lagos. Tht will not be nice at all.
I no fit laff!..I won't be shocked if na the same stuff pop up in Abuja...that's if only dey can reach that stage first. Remember Abuja-Lokoja dualisation took almost 15yrs and uncompleted up till now!
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by IGBOSON1: 8:07am On Jul 05, 2013
juman: Why OBJ could not revive the rail transport in eight years??

^^^He was laying solid foundations for the next gov't!
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 05, 2013
i hope this and many other numerous projects will be maintained effectively when completed. Thats one of our major problems in naija, maintanance and civility. No overcrowding and disorder in the trains abeg. Kudos to the federal government.
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by Abok1(m): 8:08am On Jul 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Maybe you didnt go through the first page of this thread before embarking on this voyage of embarrassment. By the way, we'r talking of fast train (speed of about 150-170km per hour) and not bullet train. When completed, people can live in Kaduna or any other place along the route and work in Abuja.

There's little or no difference between a bullet train and a fast speed train, the major difference is in the body formation where the bullet trains make use of a unibody model. The technology that supports both trains are similar, apart from the newer ones in china and Japan which make use of electromagnetic tracks or an advanced track which reduces the amount of joints to optimise the speed. With that being said, no locomotive engine can attain the speed of 150 to 170 km/h without being powered by an electric transmitter. It can either be overhead or in the form of a third leg (third single line tracks) running side by side.

The cost analysis I made is for the cheapest fast train and not the bullet train. Therefore the points raised still remain valid. There is no way you can get the maximum speed on an 100% fossil fuel powered engine without consuming more than required amount of fuel.

The truth pays at times, we know GEJ is making efforts, you didn't need to lie about the actual project before we take GEJ serious.

I think you are deliberately twisting the information to score cheap points, because this is a rail modernisation exercise and not an high-speed train line. Kindly change the title to reflect the truth and we will commend GEJ for making progress. But by twisting facts would not achieve any purpose, other than wrongly informing the populace.

God bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by Abok1(m): 8:12am On Jul 05, 2013
delvinmaya: @Abok1, bro I sympathize with your frustrations trying to educate peeps here, no fault of yours really, the blame lies solely with the OP. @Abok1, notice the title of the thread, then read the quoted words of the Vice President. I don't tink its the HSR that's being built here.

Thanks @Delv, I have pointed it out to him
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by drizzydrag(m): 8:14am On Jul 05, 2013
I can't believe i'm about to say this... Jonathan is working, for the first time in a while simultaneous progress is been made in several sectors. If the tempo is sustained or improved i might be forced to swallow all the injurious things i've said about jonathan...

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by splashbaby(m): 8:21am On Jul 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Critically! your comments are becoming less factual everyday. Defending GEJ is tasking..too much half truth, Half lies, Half foolish comments and half sensible ones.
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by IGBOSON1: 8:22am On Jul 05, 2013
colly227: despite the security challenges posed by foolish oppositions just to make GEJ a failure he is striving and waxing stronger...let's put tribalism or party madness aside GEJ is sincerely doing a good job unlike the previous siphoning machines that brought this country to it's kneel. After he completes 8years in office lots must have been achieved and I expect Fashola to take over if only our grand father Buhari won't create another chaos.

^^^Imagine how far we could have gone as a country if there was no bad-belle, hateful politicking with bitterness, and moves to make the country ungovernable? We could have gone much further by now, with tourism thriving in the north and foreigners trooping in by the millions for holidays and business.....cities like Jos and Kano would have made a killing, with Kano int'l airport being a beehive of activities.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by dridowu: 8:23am On Jul 05, 2013
Obj was dr 4 8yrs with significant change in telecommunication , so may b GEJ is focusing on Rail Transport
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by Wsdm: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2013
@Aboki 1, when i have people like you leading an idea i share, i just remain silent and learn. A very Big WELLDONE 2U.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by Wakabook01(m): 8:39am On Jul 05, 2013
I don't believe in praising someone for doing what he ought to do. Before contesting, GEJ knew that as president, he would be expected to construct roads, schools etc. So lets not make it seem as if he has offered us a privilege, when you and I know it is the duty of his office.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by rolchi(m): 8:49am On Jul 05, 2013
Prof Corruption:

You can say that again

Guy, I watched this on 10.00pm Channelstv News, 9.00pm NTA News last night. I don't think it is deception. The project is live and progressing.

Thank you to President Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan!
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by rolchi(m): 8:51am On Jul 05, 2013
splashbaby: Critically! your comments are becoming less factual everyday. Defending GEJ is tasking..too much half truth, Half lies, Half foolish comments and half sensible ones.

Where is the lie in his comments concerning this topic? It was shown on Channelstv too! Abuja is the capital of Nigeria, take a trip there to see things for your self. I am sure as a Nigerian, you are entitled to visit Abuja at any time of the day.
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by hybeenoni: 8:59am On Jul 05, 2013
So na wetin Dr of'I hv no shoes'fit do b dis? Always photoshopin uncompleted projects nd no commissionin
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by rolchi(m): 9:14am On Jul 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
God bless you too! God bless the good people of FASCINATING Nigeria!

On POINT Sir!
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by bakynes(m): 9:20am On Jul 05, 2013
I laugh @ all these people praising GEJ @ this stage.If you ve ever been to London or America, you wld know dis is just next to Nothing is like laying the first brick in building a house.Let's wait for us to see d end of this project first.The trains ve nt been bought,the tunnels ve nt been built and the stations and besides the Power sector is nt even effective so how do u expect the trains and train stations to be powered.This project is @ its initial stage nt in its final stage.
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 05, 2013
Abok1:

There's little or no difference between a bullet train and a fast speed train, the major difference is in the body formation where the bullet trains make use of a unibody model. The technology that supports both trains are similar, apart from the newer ones in china and Japan which make use of electromagnetic tracks or an advanced track which reduces the amount of joints to optimise the speed. With that being said, no locomotive engine can attain the speed of 150 to 170 km/h without being powered by an electric transmitter. It can either be overhead or in the form of a third leg (third single line tracks) running side by side.

The cost analysis I made is for the cheapest fast train and not the bullet train. Therefore the points raised still remain valid. There is no way you can get the maximum speed on an 100% fossil fuel powered engine without consuming more than required amount of fuel.

The truth pays at times, we know GEJ is making efforts, you didn't need to lie about the actual project before we take GEJ serious.

I think you are deliberately twisting the information to score cheap points, because this is a rail modernisation exercise and not an high-speed train line. Kindly change the title to reflect the truth and we will commend GEJ for making progress. But by twisting facts would not achieve any purpose, other than wrongly informing the populace.

God bless Nigeria
I dont understand your anger on this thread.

FACTS:

1 Abuja-Kaduna railway has attained overall completion rate of 68%

2 Track laying on the line commenced yesterday

3 Track laying is the final phase of the project (remaining 32%) plus some little civil works

4 When completed, trains will travel at a speed of about 150-170km per hour (reason I used fast railway as the title).

I dont know about other technical issues and viability but the FACTS on this matter are as stated above. Because there are trains that travel at 300km per hour does not mean the one travelling at 150km per hour is not fast.

Even if high speed trains are not viable, the govt is there to it subsidize it using tax payers and oil money. That is the work of govt all over the world.

By the way, the GEJ govt is implementing a 25yr railway modernization master plan. Just like in the power sector, the railways, when completed, will be concessioned to the private sector for efficient management. Part of the plan is also to develop other new railways across the country under PPP.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by awodman: 10:52am On Jul 05, 2013
So MINISTRY OF INFORMATION monitors this forum...click this link...

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=568656176520628&l=22d99b5006&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FyDfL2I3eqp&_rdr
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by splashbaby(m): 10:58am On Jul 05, 2013
rolchi:

Where is the lie in his comments concerning this topic? It was shown on Channelstv too! Abuja is the capital of Nigeria, take a trip there to see things for your self. I am sure as a Nigerian, you are entitled to visit Abuja at any time of the day.
No 1. The title of the thread.
No 2. The content of the report
No 3. The E-Warrior(s) rebranding it as if its a finished project when in actual fact it's still gulping billions at 45% completed like the Ajaokuta Steel project.
Re: Construction Of Abuja-Kaduna Fast Railway Enters Final Phase by splashbaby(m): 11:04am On Jul 05, 2013
awodman: So MINISTRY OF INFORMATION monitors this forum...click this link...
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=568656176520628&l=22d99b5006&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FyDfL2I3eqp&_rdr
Many of their agents are here...I no know if you self dey among? Wetin you find go that place self?...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Usman Yusuf Refuses To Return 5 Cars After Sack As NHIS Boss / Shehu Sani: 10 Pastors Are Among 14 People Kidnapped In Niger / Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack: 7 Passengers Feared Killed, Many Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.