Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,726 members, 7,875,816 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:12 PM

R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 (3419 Views)

R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D!!! US Unveils 16 Richest Politicians From Nigeria And Names Of U / Children Scramble In Gutters For Noodles,sweets Thrown By PDP In Lagos (photo) / R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D!!! Illiterate Buhari Will Destroy Nigeria - Oby Ezekwesili. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 07, 2013
ogb5: You mean With all the acclaimed political sophistication of the yorubas, you mean all they want is a vp slot?

Will the average Yoruba man vote for a boko haram sponsor just so that his tribe's man can be vp?
I don't think so, but let's wait till 2015 and see if the yorubas are as docile as the hausas and will just vote a northerner just because their leader, tinubu told them to vote for a northerner
They don't care what region is in power, all they want is good leadership not the usual clueless "our son". Ever wondered why there is an igbo commissioner in Fashola cabinet and an igbo man is the spokesman for lagos ACN

6 Likes

Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Brimmie(m): 9:18am On Jul 07, 2013
Honadeadek:

When analysing a Political point it is always ideal we come with logical reasons and conclusion.
I am not a Fan of Tinubu or his party CAN but I will like you not to ever paint Mimiko has the missing Messaiah of the Ondo State politics because of the following reasons:
1) The Mega School he has been constructed since the beginning of his first administration, Can you tell me the total number of student in the school now? My Answer: the school is yet to be completed and without a student for the past four years.

2) The Generator powered Street light he constructed for the people of Idanre has never been on for the past six month because of a reason unknown----- Is that a dividend of democracy?

3) Merging of items under the Residual list(Opening of modern market) which is the core duty of a local government with his own duty is that the MARKET the dividend of democracy his people deserve?

4) When last did you think Local Government staffs or the Public Schools teachers(Primary School) receives last the monthly salary? This is the money they worked for whether genuinely or not but a government keeps deceiving them with E-payments.

Del Tosque said and I quote " In every democracy, the People get the Government they deserve"

Can you tell me painting the whole of Akure and neglecting the other part of the State with the labour party Colour is the dividend the people deserve?
Don't forget that the colour is not for the state and when a new gladiator comes in from a new party, all of this will be repainted and tax payer money will be wasted. Can't we have a reasonable government at all levels?

Tinubu tries his best as He fought for Mimiko as a Man, He fought for true federalism although he has his flaws which is typical of any political settings e.g most of his family members in politics but he has never being the only one: Hillary Clinton as example, Jonah Jang son as another example, Olufemi Mimiko VC of AAUA as another example.

Let's brace up and think on what we cam offer the Nation not on empty promises of all this politicians.
God Bless Nigeria

Bro, you've said it all!!
Am in FUTA, so i know a little about Akurez?

Mimiko is not doing well.. painting the whole place Orange color just to make it flashy and blind ppl!
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Brimmie(m): 9:26am On Jul 07, 2013
sincerenigerian: Not true! All the states in southwest that PDP had nothing to show for when they were in power are now being transformed by opposition party. If you don't give the opposition the chance to get there and govern, you have no right to characterize them as the same as PDP. You have tested PDP and you've seen how they have performed. You have not given the opposition the chance so don't condemn them. Continue with PDP if your are satisfied with what they've given you since 1999. Vote oppposition if you want change.

God Bless You Bro!!

Our ppl need to stop the idea of "the devil i know is better than the Angel i dont know"!! Very silly excuse by our ppl!!

God Help Bless Nigeria!!
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by CROWE: 9:32am On Jul 07, 2013
chukwudi44: The election trend is gonna be SS/SE/MB vs NE/NW/SW.Those bragging about the high population of lagos should take time and ponder what percentage of the populations are to be constituted by non-indigenes.

The 2015 elections would bring a lot of factors to light.

Does indigeneship had anything to do with voting.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Gbawe: 9:34am On Jul 07, 2013
The article is merely stating the obvious and revealing it as " a deal". Political pragmatism will guide the emergence of candidates for the APC not sentiments, emotions or idealism that the average voter is unaffected by. My opinion is that it is likely to be Buhari and Fashola/Rochas/Oshiomhole. The Strategy will be to bank on the massive automatic votes Buhari can pull in from the North while relying on a popular Southern VP to secure votes in the South. There will also be efforts at working on the psyche of 'swing voters' and 'in-betweeners' who may be ideologically against Buhari.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by solomon111(m): 9:43am On Jul 07, 2013
I just dey laugh.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by abu12: 9:50am On Jul 07, 2013
chukwudi44: The election trend is gonna be SS/SE/MB vs NE/NW/SW.Those bragging about the high population of lagos should take time and ponder what percentage of the populations are to be constituted by non-indigenes.

That six MB(middle-belt) state will be shared.
Nasarawa, niger, kwara, will go to opposition because they mostly dominated by hausa, fulanis, plateau and kogi vote will be split but benue will vote GEJ
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 07, 2013

it's more complicated than regional votes. e.g The MB Muslims are hardcore and I am sure they would vote in the line of their religious belief.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 07, 2013
abu12:

That six MB(middle-belt) state will be shared.
Nasarawa, niger, kwara, will go to opposition because they mostly dominated by hausa, fulanis, plateau and kogi vote will be split but benue will vote GEJ
You just spoke my mind.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by ogb5(m): 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
Obiagelli:
They don't care what region is in power, all they want is good leadership not the usual clueless "our son". Ever wondered why there is an igbo commissioner in Fashola cabinet and an igbo man is the spokesman for lagos ACN
I was expecting this answer, if the yorubas don't care about the region of the president why don't they nominate fashola for example as presidential candidate for apc or any other Yoruba leader. Fashola will certainly be a more progressive choice for the country than any emergency leader they will bring up from the North.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Temismith(f): 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
babe_online:
reply to my PM please. kiss kiss
am i a safe? undecided wat i do?
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
ogb5:
I was expecting this answer, if the yorubas don't care about the region of the president why don't they nominate fashola for example as presidential candidate for apc or any other Yoruba leader. Fashola will certainly be a more progressive choice for the country than any emergency leader they will bring up from the North.

APC is not Yoruba agenda but WAZOBIA (Nigeria) so, why should APC nominate Fashola as president when Yoruba is not the only domineering Ethnic in APC !!

Also, the essence of forming party is to win election and be part of government as such ; Northern candidate is the satisfactory mandate for the nation in the spirit of equality !!!

Therefore, Presidency Goes NORTH in 2015 though not necessarily Buhari oooo !!!
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
saxywale:
it's more complicated than regional votes. e.g The MB Muslims are hardcore and I am sure they would vote in the line of their religious belief.

We also have high christian population in Kadunna,Adamawa,Bauchi,Kogi,Nassarawa and Niger states.Kadunna is likely going to be 50-50 ditto Lagos because of the high igbo/ss population in lagos.Plateau,Benue,Taraba are predominantly xtians and GEJ is definitely going to carry the day there
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by ogb5(m): 2:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
donroxy: APC is not Yoruba agenda but WAZOBIA (Nigeria) so, why should APC nominate Fashola as president when Yoruba is not the only domineering Ethnic in APC !!

Also, the essence of forming party is to win election and be part of government as such ; Northern candida is the satisfactory mandate for the nation in the spirit of equality !!!

Therefore, Presidency Goes NORTH in 2015 though not necessarily Buhari oooo !!!

APC is a yoruba/North contraction, not wazobia.
By saying presidency goes North shows that the westerners care about where the president comes from.
So saying the yorubas are only interested in someone that can perform is far from the truth.

The yoruba leaders are only interested in how they can have access to power at the centre, they have reasoned that the North has a higher likelihood of clinching the position and hence are willing to Field even an unknown northerner to have a chance of being close to power at the centre.

If the yorubas are interested in performance, they will support someone from any region that has a track record of performance, not this impression being given that the presidential slot has been reserved for a northerner.

Let's wait till 2015 and see how they intend to convince the average yoruba man to vote for non performing northerner, just because he is a northerner

1 Like

Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Gbawe: 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
ogb5:

I think you misunderstand what the APC is trying to do. The fixation on the Presidency is really myopic and indicative of how many Nigerians, even very intelligent ones, miss what matters due to lack of pragmatism and because they are sentimental/sectional in outlook.

The APC has an election to win against a ruthless ruling Party that will do anything to remain in charge and has the armed forces plus virtually all the pertinent institution at its beck and call. The Party cannot and should not be attempting to tick all the boxes for every Nigerian. The Party must, for many reasons that have been documented extensively, choose the candidates that presents the best chance for deposing the PDP as things stand today. Not the candidates you and other observers, the minority by far, continue to insist on as the "best combination".

The President alone cannot deliver Nigeria. He will do it with a meritoriously selected team to control important offices. It is in this regard the PDP fails Nigeria from one President to another. Under the PDP, 100 times out of 100, Nigeria will get a David Mark as senate President rather than an individual who can lead the Senate progressively to the glory of Nigeria. This is what the APC, if it captures the centre, can do better. Considering the Party, in reality and beyond deceitfully distracting talk about Ikimi, is home to some of the best and most effective leaders in Nigeria then we can be optimistic we will, since 1999, likely get a better team than any the PDP has given us.

As one example, we are likely to see a Femi Falana as AGF rather than an Aondoakaa or Adoke-Bello type. That is the big picture. The President, at this stage for Nigeria, mainly needs to be an enabler. The team that will run the Nation will matter a lot. It is therefore very important to choose, without sentiments, the President/VP combination likely to appeal to the majority which would not include me, you and most of us on this forum.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by ogb5(m): 4:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
Gbawe:

I think you misunderstand what the APC is trying to do. The fixation on the Presidency is really myopic and indicative of how many Nigerians, even very intelligent ones, miss what matters due to lack of pragmatism and because they are sentimental/sectional in outlook.

The APC has an election to win against a ruthless ruling Party that will do anything to remain in charge and has the armed forces plus virtually all the pertinent institution at its beck and call. The Party cannot and should not be attempting to tick all the boxes for every Nigerian. The Party must, for many reasons that have been documented extensively, choose the candidates that presents the best chance for deposing the PDP as things stand today. Not the candidates you and other observers, the minority by far, continue to insist on as the "best combination".

The President alone cannot deliver Nigeria. He will do it with a meritoriously selected team to control important offices. It is in this regard the PDP fails Nigeria from one President to another. Under the PDP, 100 times out of 100, Nigeria will get a David Mark as senate President rather than an individual who can lead the Senate progressively to the glory of Nigeria. This is what the APC, if it captures the centre, can do better. Considering the Party, in reality and beyond deceitfully distracting talk about Ikimi, is home to some of the best and most effective leaders in Nigeria then we can be optimistic we will, since 1999, likely get a better team than any the PDP has given us.

As one example, we are likely to see a Femi Falana as AGF rather than an Aondoakaa or Adoke-Bello type. That is the big picture. The President, at this stage for Nigeria, mainly needs to be an enabler. The team that will run the Nation will matter a lot. It is therefore very important to choose, without sentiments, the President/VP combination likely to appeal to the majority which would not include me, you and most of us on this forum.

From your analogy, the yorubas will be taking one risk in an attempt to get power at the centre, that is they will be willing to trade performing candidate for someone with a chance of winning the presidency.

The problem with that scenario is that there is too much power vested in the presidency to allow a non performer to get there. What make you think a non performing candidate who gets there as the president will not bring in his own agenda that will be at variance with the hope of those who are hoping use him to capture power.
What if the person turns out to be like Obasanjo, who said you can advice but he is not bound to take your advice.

Imagine if someone like Buhari rises up to the position of president under the ladder built by the yorubas, what make you think he will not surround himself with his kith and kins as exemplified during his PTF years. What make you think the kith and kins of Buhari will be better than what PDP has to offer?

You are only assuming the president under APC will assemble an effective team, what give the guaranty that a non performing presidential candidate who became a strong choice for president because of his region of origin will turn into a performing president on assuming that office and assemble an effective team?
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Pygru: 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
sincerenigerian: What does Musiwa pictures and posts have to do with the topic here?

I hope the moderators know their jobs and delete this nonsense.
shut up!
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by dasparrow: 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
@Post

2015 is not far away. We will see what happens soon. Personally, I want a competent leader irrespective of which part of the country he is from.
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Isiterere(m): 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2013
musiwa29: look at the roads in ondo state.
No single one was built by the federal govt of Nigeria.. it was built by ondo state govt, compare to lagos where most road were built by federal. So lagos can not say they are using their money to build road. road built by lagos state government can not compete with that of ondo state or large as ondo state. go to lagos and check. If you see any big road in lagos. it was built by the federal govt many years ago.

Dont forget that been a governor of Ondo state, you have more problem than been governor of lagos. a small place in land space. Ondo state have over 400 cities, town and villages.

I just show you akure.. just one of several cities in ondo state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRPGWEz-PMk
Lwkmdh
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by musiwa29: 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2013
Goddex, i read engineering. a 4 lane 120 km of road cost obasanjo $260 million in total with more than 5 bridges.. how can you now say a 6 lane road will cost $1 billion. expansion of a 4 lane road is just to increase it by 2 lane. even if you increase it by 4 lane and make it 8 lane road. the maximum cost of that expansion even after including the nigeria factor call egunje is less $300 million.

if obasanjo built it for $260 million, egunje have already been factor inside in nigeria. to come to that total of $260 million . we are talking of jonathan building 80km , not 120 km.

i believe.. there is something wrong here. they are just add 2 extract lane. they are not building the road new. it is just a small expansion.

there is something wrong. the cost should not be more than $300 million

see below. while the ilorin to oyo was $125 million

Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by Pygru: 7:19am On Jul 08, 2013
1 million pages on the Internet
Originally Posted by forshow 3
vision , is why i put my cell phone on the web.
you see, in life you either have wisdom or foolishness. when i
say yoruba should join Benin I know what I am saying . Any
Yorubaman against. My prayer is that the God of heaven who
is against injustice should Opposite thatperson .
I can not say over the internet everything ,and why ... that why
i leave my cell phone . if awo was alive he would want yoruba
out of nigeria . And that why I am doing what awo would have
done. Oro po ni inu iwe kobo .
If Yorubas refuse to move, They would work for the north for
the rest of thier life. And they would never be free from
slavery . I have seen a vision . There is portion of the word of
God , it says I have seen kings on foot and slave on horse
back . Go and think about it . Ijaw are the greatest slave in
nigeria .
grin
Re: R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 by MgbekeLina: 8:51am On Jul 08, 2013
"Gimme Biafra" Part 2.

*Yawns*

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Govs To Decamp To APC / Tinubu Is Back (pic) / Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.