Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,617 members, 7,975,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 03:11 AM

FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges (14436 Views)

Federal Allocation: Presidency Warns Fayose / Oshiomhole Alleges $700m Missing From Sovereign Wealth Fund / PDP Steals N100 On Every Litre Of Kerosene – Oshiomhole Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by Elose11(m): 12:11am On Jul 08, 2013
[b][/b]The things some of us say here leave me marveled, and I may be forced to distract this thread and topic by calling on the relevant authorities to completely overhaul our education system, or better still, compel some of the so-called graduates to take up certain elementary education: a subject like Social Studies can go a long way.
If only you understand the different responsibilities of the THREE ARMS OF GOVERNMENT, you will know that the Executive does not implement/Execute any Law not approved by the Legislature!
If only you can also come into terms with the fact that Budgets/Appropriations are passed by the Legislature in what is called ' Appropriation Bill', some of you will slow down.
Fact is, the Executive does not spend any money not approved by the Legislature.
Incase you need further tutorials on who is the Executive and who is the Legislature in ths twist, you can meet Suen, he knows how to contact me.
As for the matter on ground, I'm not aligning with Adams, AT ALL. Let him consult that third Arm of Government (they don't consider important), to seek redress![b][/b]
You too don't seem to know your social studies very well. The National assembly do not pass appropriation bill for states. The various states Assemblies does that while the National assembly passes only that of the federal government. Money that are appropriated are monies jointly shared by the three tiers of government from the consolidated revenue fund. Only the States assemblies are usurping the power of the local governments to appropriate their own. So Oshomhole may have taken 'something' before making such statement.

1 Like

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by talk2s(m): 3:51am On Jul 08, 2013
Elose11: [b][/b]The things some of us say here leave me marveled, and I may be forced to distract this thread and topic by calling on the relevant authorities to completely overhaul our education system, or better still, compel some of the so-called graduates to take up certain elementary education: a subject like Social Studies can go a long way.
If only you understand the different responsibilities of the THREE ARMS OF GOVERNMENT, you will know that the Executive does not implement/Execute any Law not approved by the Legislature!
If only you can also come into terms with the fact that Budgets/Appropriations are passed by the Legislature in what is called ' Appropriation Bill', some of you will slow down.
Fact is, the Executive does not spend any money not approved by the Legislature.
Incase you need further tutorials on who is the Executive and who is the Legislature in ths twist, you can meet Suen, he knows how to contact me.
As for the matter on ground, I'm not aligning with Adams, AT ALL. Let him consult that third Arm of Government (they don't consider important), to seek redress![b][/b]
You too don't seem to know your social studies very well. The National assembly do not pass appropriation bill for states. The various states Assemblies does that while the National assembly passes only that of the federal government. Money that are appropriated are monies jointly shared by the three tiers of government from the consolidated revenue fund. Only the States assemblies are usurping the power of the local governments to appropriate their own. So Oshomhole may have taken 'something' before making such statement.

U're correct and incorrect!
Correct in the sense that the Nat. Assembly does not appropriate monies/budgets spent/meant to be spent by States.
Incorrect in the sense that all monies shared/distributed/released/given by the Federal Govt. must first be approved by the Nat. Assembly.
No revenue of Govt. is expended without approval.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by DCoker: 4:03am On Jul 08, 2013
As an economist, Nigeria is not doing bad. i will say
that we are staying afloat and of course this
situation in Nigeria will attract investors (local and
foreign), money managers(local and foreign), and
lots of infrastructural facilities.
In this Regard, a foreign financial institution has
brought their services to us in Nigeria. This
company has been in existence for long,
headquarters in USA. please visit their website( m c
d a v e i n v e s t . c o m) and read more about
them. I am sure it will be of tremendous help to you
financial wise. they have been tested and they are
trusted. believe me, you can entrust your money
with them and see it grow. Help yourself and check
them out
Mr. Dan E. Coker.
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by Elose11(m): 6:15am On Jul 08, 2013
talk2s:

U're correct and incorrect!
Correct in the sense that the Nat. Assembly does not appropriate monies/budgets spent/meant to be spent by States.
Incorrect in the sense that all monies shared/distributed/released/given by the Federal Govt. must first be approved by the Nat. Assembly.
No revenue of Govt. is expended without approval.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
Did you comprehend what I wrote at all? I never said in my write up that any govt can spend its revenue without legislative approval. I said National assembly can only legislate for the federal govt on money appropriation , not states. So Oshomhole was wrong to accuse finance minister of witholding money appropriated for Edo state or himself by the National assembly.

2 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by iyobs7(f): 6:25am On Jul 08, 2013
Gbawe:
FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges
By: Bidon Mibzar on July 5, 2013 - 5:26am

Governor of Edo State Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has alleged that the bulk of the statutory allocation from the federal government due for his state is still unremitted.

Oshiomhole disclosed this yesterday at the Second Annual Seminar of the Public Complaints Commission, FCT, with theme “The Role of Public Complaints Commission in a Democratic Nigeria” which took place at the Yar’Adua Adua Centre, Abuja.

He stressed that when budgets were passed by the National Assembly and signed by the government, there was no need for the finance ministry to hold the money.

The Edo State governor, pleaded to the Public Affairs Commission to address the issue which he said he was aggrieved about

“The budget that has been passed, my own share which is meant for me to address the challenges facing the people of Edo State, part of the money has been withheld. The ministry of finance is not releasing my money in full. And I want to place on a notice that between February till now more than N1.8billion for a small state like Edo is being delayed by Abuja. I have to perfect my own credibility as a governor to deliver my responsibility to contractors, workers and everyone that needs government attention. This situation I am facing is of course not pleasant. Something must be wrong.

Something must be wrong if I as a governor can’t get my statutory allocation passed by the National Assembly and signed by the president. If I am not getting it, I am aggrieved. So PCC if you can help me, please do. Kindly go to the minister of finance and tell her to release my money. There are challenges and if we don’t manage them well, all of us stand the risk of losing our credibility in the eyes of our people.

http://leadership.ng/news/050713/fg-withholds-edo-state-statutory-allocation-oshiomhole-alleges

Need I say more? smooth criminal, not the states money but his money

1 Like

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by ayomidefalaye(m): 6:36am On Jul 08, 2013
Why? dont do that baba president
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by figment232(m): 6:50am On Jul 08, 2013
lakpa lakpa: Why is Goodluck Jonathan making a fool of himself??

cool
Foolishness is ur 2nd name

1 Like

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by tchikelue: 7:00am On Jul 08, 2013
Credible ko credible nee! Just giving unjustified reason why he has not paid teachers and instead of fulfilling his promises he is ordering them to go back to work before negotiation. I thought the oshiomole police thieves in every nook and cranny of the State are meant to generate funds for the state govt. Give it to him he is doing a good job in the state, thanks to FG presence too. He should compare his performance in his first term and now,why didn't he ban Okada in his first term or owe teachers. When he was NLC chairman could he have accepted to call off the strike and then go for negotiation. We keep blaming our leaders in everything but when given the Chance we will do the unthinkable. After borrowing 300million dollars and IGR from his touts,to pay the supposed most essential civil servants that aids growth in any nation, he is there giving unacceptable excuses.

2 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by ewet: 7:31am On Jul 08, 2013
What the hell does he mean by "my money". tht is a very wrong statement to make. I always hate it when politicians personalise their social responsibility.

1 Like

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by anonimi: 7:36am On Jul 08, 2013
PapaBrowne: I am a big fan of Oshiomole and I'm proud of his works as the Governor of my state.

But what I have to say about this is that isn't it shameless that any state at all should be going to Abuja monthly to get money to develop itself.

The state has loads of resources. Develop those resources.
Land is the biggest resource any state in this country has. Transform that land into economic opportunity.
This beggarly stance for just 1.8 billion(money some Nigerians dey use buy plot of Land for Ikoyi) is an indictment of all that is wrong with Nigeria alias an absence of true federalism.

Thanks for the highlighted portion.
That was exactly the same point I made in my post here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1348682/not-watch-jonathan-administration-drag#16650707

But ACN's resident propagandist for NL, primarily in charge of Osun state, was calling me names and raining insults and abuses as usual.

We yorubas should be ashamed of how low we have sunk after the glorious days of Awo's achievement 60 years ago without Niger Delta oil revenue and those of the UPN governors 30 years ago.

Again I ask, how much cocoa money was shared with Niger Delta in the 1960s

We can continue to live a stunted growth life or take our destinies into our hands by renouncing the monthly almajiri begging bowl rounds that go on in Abuja.
BTW, does anyone know what amendments the ACN and its co-travellers in CPC have proposed to actualise true fiscal federalism in the ongoing review of the 1999 constitution
Oh, I remember, Ayatollah Buhari PROMISED to do something about it AFTER he is elected as president in 2015. He obviously forgot about doing anything when he was supreme commander and DICTATOR of the whole country some 30 years ago.
Shameless HYPOCRITES!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by anonimi: 7:56am On Jul 08, 2013
Longeria: God bless you. I've never seen an alarmist like Oshiomole, during edo election, his rigging alarm nearly broke down law and order. I no get his time again. Mtcheewww.

Was it not this same man who was screaming that PDP wanted to kill him when it was just aggrieved students of a state tertiatiary institution who stoned him as part of their protest for his non-performance of his statutory obligation to them

BTW, quite a number of security people suspect that he was involved in killing his own PS, Oyerinde to further demonise PDP and detract attention from his MEDICRE performance particularly outsied Benin city.
Despite all that PDP still scored 25% of the votes despite presenting a lacklustre retired General as gubernatorial candidate!!!
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by godman01(m): 8:55am On Jul 08, 2013
Story story, pls remove the president from this one o. He said the National Assembly and the president don sign am.

1 Like

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by jude33084(m): 9:04am On Jul 08, 2013
homesteady: " I have to
perfect my own credibility as a governor
to deliver my responsibility to
contractors"

Adams!! Its no longer news that you don't pay your contractors!! That's why there a lot of unfinished projects in edo state!! And it did not start this year!! So stop trying to divert the whole blame to the FG
You used Edo state money for your election campaign!! You recked the state account!! That's why you haven't done any reasonable thing in your second tenure!!
Then after the election!! You thought of how to raise money for the state and you came up with LAND TAX!! Unluckily, the wise people of Edo state rejected it!!

Can you please tell NL the unfinished or abandoned project in Edo state wink
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by frankailojie: 9:06am On Jul 08, 2013
A state that receive 2 to 3billion monthly alocation like edo is owed by the fed gvt and states that receive 20 to 30billion monthly alocatn like akwa ibom,delta,rivers,bayelsa etc, r not owe it worth the gov yellin fo. think and liv centiment out of it .Is not loan, ubec etc but statutory monthly alocation he said
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by frankailojie: 9:17am On Jul 08, 2013
Oga the president can't be left out of dis he said the NASS and the PRES v passed and the budget to be spent.wht is budget? Is not the asign and how it will be spent fo a period of time.mind u if any comisioner fails the pple call on d gov of d state and if any minister does same the pple call on his employer that's wht I knw. Eg little dev in fed rd settor to the credit goes to the pres not MIKE the minister of wrks
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by wilwin: 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
governors should learn how to generate resources in their respective states rather than begging from Abuja.....

1 Like

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by Psalhadeen: 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
Tank God ds isnt a militry setting where d powerdt b charge u anyhw 4 treason n coup plotting; but a democratic structure .It is a new challenge 4 Guvnor Oshiomole n all our other guvnors if ds happen 2 be d weapon oga@dtop is now unleasing.
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by princewoles: 12:35pm On Jul 09, 2013
lakpa lakpa: Why is Goodluck Jonathan making a fool of himself??

cool
IS JET the finance minister? What does JET has to do wt withholding 1.8b when he can delay over 10b per month.
Then why should oshiomole ketp on say MY money in His report, but I taught the money is made for the good ppl of Edo state.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo Bye-Election: 100 INEC Staff Abducted, Forced To Thumbprint – REC / Those Calling For My Resignation Are Kids, Ayu To Wike’s Camp / Fish Sellers In Abeokuta Protest Over Hike Of Food Prices In The Community..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.