Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,716 members, 7,938,182 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 07:23 PM

OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation (14453 Views)

Marrying 3 Wives Is My Destiny And I Am Happy When I Look At Them - OJB Jazreel / Pa Kasumu’s Colleagues At War Over N600,000 Donation As Actor Battles To Survive / OJB Thanks Gov. Amechi For His $ 100,000 Donation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by tiarm: 10:07am On Jul 09, 2013
silvaspecs:
same thing on ma mind bruv. I fink he should just make it open for whoever that wanna get his money bak could kom 4 it. if not, im sensing some hard feelings right now in d minds of all the celebs who donated b4 Ameachi.
...but to me e go better make OJB find anoda person with same problem help wiit d rest of dat money abi money don plenty now
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by Larryupsy: 10:07am On Jul 09, 2013
deshclones:

Front page indeed...see ur mouth...some misguided dude used state funds to score cheap political goals and all u can say is front page plss...why did he not invEst that fund in hospital development?how many rivers indigenes can access good health facilities??misplaced priorities indeed..our politicians are shameless...

May thunder fire Anybody that says am beefing ojb
how are u even sure he used public funds,or what u are trying to say is dat he can't afford $100,000.if he had nt donated it's d liks of u we see running out their mouth and now he did u are at anoda thing
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by Bobbystanley(m): 10:08am On Jul 09, 2013
this guys kidney problem is a blessing in disguise.

1 Like

Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by tomakint: 10:08am On Jul 09, 2013
Larryupsy: how are u even sure he used public funds,or what u are trying to say is dat he can't afford $100,000.if he had nt donated it's d liks of u we see running out their mouth and now he did u are at anoda thing
How much is $100,000 dollars to a whole Amaechi, he doesn't need to steal that haba, guy free that guy joor undecided
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by FUCKU: 10:08am On Jul 09, 2013
Tunjasko: Amaechi...Don't 4get dat dere re millions of Nigerians who re unknown nd re also suffering 4rm dis ailment..D way our leaders reason smtimes alwayz got me amaze..If he divert dat money 2 build an ultra-modern hospital wt all its facilities,it will be useful 2 everybody..Stupid nd foolish leaders

tell that to other Governors/leaders.. This one tried.. BIKO
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by PStacks(m): 10:08am On Jul 09, 2013
deleteme: Why are you mentioning Fashola in this post when all he did is to just facilite. Na Facilitating we go chop?

I wonder oo! Is 100,000 dollaz a big deal to the governor of the commercial capital of Nigeria..
Naaaa! 100,000 dollaz is chicken change to fashola, they shouldn't make it seem as if that's the case,

Maybe governor fashola felt if he did it, d people would yell, he's using states funds, but Amechi saw beyound that criticism and went ahead to save a life irrespective of the reaction that would trail..

It doesn't take anything away from governor fashola and governor Amechi.
But Amechi has done it and Amechi should take the credit for it.
As simple as A B C..
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by gentlegg(m): 10:13am On Jul 09, 2013
deshclones:

Front page indeed...see ur mouth...some misguided dude used state funds to score cheap political goals and all u can say is front page plss...why did he not invEst that fund in hospital development?how many rivers indigenes can access good health facilities??misplaced priorities indeed..our politicians are shameless...

Seconded. Only permit me to redirect the firing thunder to our politicians.

Dolly-Parton:

He helped a sick Nigerian. Better than embezzling
that money is already an embezzled money because there is no provision for OJB's donation in rivers state finance.

Liveair: Something is definitely wrong with your thinking faculty DESHCLONES.
Did the Rivers state Gov. have anything to lose if he didnt make that donation? Yet he did so as people appealed to him.
Do you know how much a state gov in Nigeria earns, how much more that of Rivers State. Who told you that money was from the state funds?
But wait...what if its Rivers state funds? Doesn't saving the life of a Nigerian mean anything to a heartless individual like you?
Imagine if OJB were your blood brother, would you be here typing this irritating post?
With all respect, pls tell me the salary of a Nigerian governor and much more a Rivers state governor.
For Christ sake, the guy is not against saving OJB's life but mentioned that Amaechi's supposedly good gestures is purely a misplaced priority and just to score cheap political point to himself. Why are we Nigerians highly gullible, no wonder these schmoes we call governors kept playing with resources. I will never clap for a man that misappropriated fund for a good gesture. God save OJB.

2 Likes

Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by Tunjasko(m): 10:14am On Jul 09, 2013
Liveair: Something is definitely wrong with your thinking faculty DESHCLONES.
Did the Rivers state Gov. have anything to lose if he didnt make that donation? Yet he did so as people appealed to him.
Do you know how much a state gov in Nigeria earns, how much more that of Rivers State. Who told you that money was from the state funds?
But wait...what if its Rivers state funds? Doesn't saving the life of a Nigerian mean anything to a heartless individual like you?
Imagine if OJB were your blood brother, would you be here typing this irritating post?
Shut up ur stinking mouth..U re one of dose supportin dese corrupt leaders..all d tertiary institutions re closed dwn due 2 strike,all d rich individuals re travellin 2 anoda country 4 treatment 'cos dere z less or no improvement in d health sector...am alwayz infuriated nd angry when i see or hear citizens who ought 2 strongly oppose dis re one of deir loyal supporters...i share d opinion dat nigerians re timid nd i dnt tink any revolution can happen in dis country cos corruption has eaten deep into us
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by Tunjasko(m): 10:19am On Jul 09, 2013
Bleep U:

tell that to other Governors/leaders.. This one tried.. BIKO
So,u mean dey shuld be spendin our money on celebrities....9jerians!!
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by eastOFwest(m): 10:22am On Jul 09, 2013
Dolly-Parton:

Nonsense stupid comment!! Who told you Amaechi is not embezzling? He has no right giving out govt money to a private citizen! And pls let nobody mention fashola giving actress Ngozi money because it was only =N=4.5million; compare that to $100k!! Amaechi didn't even bother to find out how much had been collected so far so that he can make up the balance? He just dished out $100k like that gbam!!

If rivers state people (with all their riverine poverty) let this one go unpunished, then they are BIG fools!!!
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by redcliff: 10:27am On Jul 09, 2013
deshclones:

[size=14pt]because you do not have 16million does not mean another man doesnt have it too. Do you know if it was his personal finance he used for that purpose? afterall, the governor should be worth more than that as he has investments.[/size]
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by eastOFwest(m): 10:28am On Jul 09, 2013
P.Stacks:

Maybe governor fashola felt if he did it, d people would yell, he's using states funds, but Amechi saw beyound that criticism and went ahead to save a life irrespective of the reaction that would trail..

I've never really like Fashola, however you've got to admire him for SETTING UP the power hungry Amaechi into making this extremely misplaced $100k donation.

1 Like

Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by eastOFwest(m): 10:31am On Jul 09, 2013
redcliff:

[size=14pt]because you do not have 16million does not mean another man doesnt have it too. Do you know if it was his personal finance he used for that purpose? afterall, the governor should be worth more than that as he has investments.[/size]

What personal finance? Is this not the same Amaechi whose wife and kids were cramped up in a one bedroom flat in a dodgy part of London when he was fighting his case to be governor?

1 Like

Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by guddy4real: 10:35am On Jul 09, 2013
Fadelex: abeg enuf of all dis donation news...since d money don complete make dem carry d guy go for treatment.... good gesture by governor amaechi...better dan giving prado as wedding gift and sending delegates to Dubai for wedding... I no mention name o

you cn't even mention anybdy's name, wots ur biz ni? If you are jealouz go and tel ur Governor to do desame if ur state wil nt suffer, Ask 4 so call Ameachi hw many rivers pple has he done that for.tnk God am frm der, You are here openin ur mouth lik crokodie are u a learner?am nt sayin he shldnt help but i hate comparism.
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by thisisjonny(m): 10:40am On Jul 09, 2013
I believe that last person didnt hv feelings for life.
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by Lilimax(f): 10:40am On Jul 09, 2013
berem: If you ain't happy with the donation, go and hug the nearest wet transformer. Akpa amu! angry
grin grin
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by AyeeIdris(f): 10:40am On Jul 09, 2013
Why is no one asking the important questions? Should the fundraiser not be shut down now that they have exceeded the amount? Not everyone reads Linda Ikeji. People that are unaware of this development are stil sending money to the account. The massive publicity he used to send the message out should also be used to tell people that the figure has been reached. I can only guess that the money has exceeded 20 million right now. Is OJB going to give the rest to other people in the same condition or does he have the right to pocket it?? Where is the accountability? Those are questions that we ought to be asking right now.
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 09, 2013
silvaspecs:
same thing on ma mind bruv. I fink he should just make it open for whoever that wanna get his money bak could kom 4 it. if not, im sensing some hard feelings right now in d minds of all the celebs who donated b4 Ameachi.
...maybe he may need whatever remains for upkeep to sustain himself and get balance again,maybe he could decide 2 be charitable by engaging in one foundation or the other...point is,it is his prerogative..people should the guy a break already..You don't give a gift and expect it back,that is outright tacky...lets just say he got lucky.
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by eastOFwest(m): 10:49am On Jul 09, 2013
berem: If you ain't happy with the donation, go and hug the nearest wet transformer. Akpa amu! angry

I'm sure you must have a PHD in Akpa Amu-ology. One can only imagine the amount of Akpa Amu's that have gone through your deep and skillfully thorough scrutiny grin
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by pizonewave: 10:53am On Jul 09, 2013
People can be trivial at times! For weeks now we have been clamoring for help for OJB, even to the point of castigating some musical acts, for not donating. Now someone comes along and does exactly what we requested, and instead of being grateful we are busy running our mouths on how he should have used the same money to build hospitals. let me ask all you wise solomons out there, if Ameachi awards the contract today will OJB be alive to be admitted in it, when its completed? #justsaying# Talk is cheap.

2 Likes

Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by Godstimefx: 11:01am On Jul 09, 2013
Tunjasko:
I don't jst knw hw some leaders reason..I didn't say he shuldn't help OJB bt he shuld hve diverted d funds 2 d health sector in his state nd sme Nigerians re heapin praises on him...9jerians re gullible!!!...mtcheew
i'm wondering what ur own reasoning is like. Would u be happy if ojb dies cos som1 couldnt donate? Channeling state fund to develop the health sector is ofcourse d right thing to do but diverting the one he just donated could mean death for ojb given the urgency of his situation. Amechi did the right thing.
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by Melancholy(m): 11:02am On Jul 09, 2013
deshclones:

We talking of saving a life and u saying rubbish. nairalanders,a saddist in the building.if this guy happens to be a leader, nigeria is doomed!
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by kingthreat(m): 11:14am On Jul 09, 2013
Dictionary:
Word - Sheeple
People who think this was not done to score political points.
People who forget that there are tens of others needing kidney transplants in Nigeria, who have been ignored by so-called politicians.
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by Dubemkelly(m): 11:14am On Jul 09, 2013
Does this imply that he donates money 2 save the life of every citizen in his state who falls sick? Free will donation is cool but he still has got 2 invest in d health sector of the state so that every d1ck n harry would be beneficiaries not 4 a particular group of individuals.
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by toskut(m): 11:15am On Jul 09, 2013
God will punish you. if them no do, una go talk, if dem do, na una go still run mouth

1 Like

Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 09, 2013
deleteme: Why are you mentioning Fashola in this post when all he did is to just facilite. Na Facilitating we go chop?

I never knew Fashola can't afford giving OJB that money that Amaechi had to ground his jet to donation that money...
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by ddeola: 11:20am On Jul 09, 2013
Bros, e don do abeg make you no delay to go start ur treatment abeg no time wasting jare. By the grace of God, you will have the opportunity to thank all of them with sound health and healthy kidney
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by goshen26: 11:21am On Jul 09, 2013
Ibyno: Good news, will they refund p2 5m ? Since he need just 100.000usd the other donation should be transfer to motherless babies home , or will he be greedy with the money ?
. 4 where? Don't you know that's serious biz some ibo boys will venture into, you too can raise alarm for the same. Lol
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by Dubemkelly(m): 11:29am On Jul 09, 2013
Melancholy: We talking of saving a life and u saying rubbish. nairalanders,a saddist in the building.if this guy happens to be a leader, nigeria is doomed!
Yes a life was touched prolly cos he's a figure in d Nigerian music industry. What about the unknown nd voiceless citizens who r dying in agony nd nobody has ever given dem succour? My take is dt d money shudnt hv bn used 2 save a soul but shud benefit everyone regardleSs of class or fame
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by Swaginton(m): 11:32am On Jul 09, 2013
Dolly-Parton:

nigerians lik u are so used to corruption dat any slight trace of goodwill frm ur leaders result to extravagant praise...its so glarin dat dis donation az political motives bhind it..personally,I feel dat money cud ve bn used for beta tins..m nt sayin he shudnt ve donated anytin @ all bt common sense should ve told him to jst complete d almost complete donations frm oda personalities..wat cud ve bn left would den b used for d upliftment of his(amaechi) pple..sum of y'all mite call dat miserly,bt ild call it frugal priority
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by gistyinka(m): 11:32am On Jul 09, 2013
Re: OJB Thanks Amaechi For The $100,000 Donation by muyen666: 11:36am On Jul 09, 2013
jonart: I'm sure by now you all have heard that Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi donated $100, 000 to music producer, OJB Jezreel, who is down with a kidney ailment.

The money was transferred to OJB's account on Friday July 5th. Lagos State governor, Raji Fashola was also in touch with OJB's family and facilitated the stages of dialysis OJB is undergoing at LASUTH. The ailing pioneer music producer has thanked Governor Amaechi for his generosity.

"I really thank God for Governor Amechi's kind heart. All I can say is that God will fight his battles as he saved my life. I also thank all Nigerians from all works of life who heeded my appeal for funds to go for my kidney transplant. God bless everyone.

KUDOS TO OUR GOVERNOR!

SOURCE http://lindaikeji..com/2013/07/ojb-thanks-governor-rotimi-amaechi-for.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
abeg ...make una help me tell ojb that ,there is a boy of abt 11yrs old that i watched on ait yesterday,that need just 6million for an operation in india too...now that d guy have more than excess,Ojb shld help save the life of the young boy..afterall,not all of us can get to the governors level....plssssssss OJB!..plsssssssssss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Terrible Lifestyles Of Billionaire Femi Otedola's Daughters (photos) / Nollywood Child Actress Little Daniella Gives Birth At 16 Out Of Wedlock / I Don’t Hold Grudges, I Remember Facts – Tonto Dikeh (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.