Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,198 members, 7,884,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 05:20 AM

Storybooks/novels We Read While Growing Up - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Storybooks/novels We Read While Growing Up (1160 Views)

All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / Why Must We Read Other Books? / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Storybooks/novels We Read While Growing Up by nanauju(f): 12:54am On Jul 10, 2013
Hey peeps, I was going through some books which my neighbour's children were reading and I was sooo fascinated @ how they read and it brought back childhood sweet memories of growing up and doing same kiss

This thread is open to all those who would like to share the names of the books they read while growing up. Some of the ones I read include; janet and john,chicken liken,chike and the river, the usual Macmillan books,silas marner,women of owu,ete etc
... :DKindly drop urs
Re: Storybooks/novels We Read While Growing Up by kingolise(m): 11:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
Joys Of Motherhood, The Last Duty, Things Fall Apart
Re: Storybooks/novels We Read While Growing Up by olajmk71(f): 9:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
Mother's Choice, Tess of the D'urberville, Ant Hills of the Savanna, The only Child, Drummer Boy, The Lion and the Jewel, Things Fall Apart
Re: Storybooks/novels We Read While Growing Up by QtKatie(f): 7:18pm On Dec 07, 2013
†ђξ concubine, my mother's daughter, weep not child, one week one trouble, Eze goes τ̅☺ school, †ђξ virtuous woman, arrow of God, †ђξ wives' revolt, bottled leopard, †ђξ marriage of Anansewa etc.
Re: Storybooks/novels We Read While Growing Up by QtKatie(f): 7:23pm On Dec 07, 2013
nanauju: Hey peeps, I was going through some books which my neighbour's children were reading and I was sooo fascinated @ how they read and it brought back childhood sweet memories of growing up and doing same kiss

This thread is open to all those who would like to share the names of the books they read while growing up. Some of the ones I read include; janet and john,chicken liken,chike and the river, the usual Macmillan books,silas marner,women of owu,ete etc
... :DKindly drop urs
ℓ read Silas Marner over and over again. Oh ℓ rili liked dat book.
Re: Storybooks/novels We Read While Growing Up by nanauju(f): 11:53pm On Oct 26, 2014
QtKatie:

ℓ read Silas Marner over and over again. Oh ℓ rili liked dat book.
Really? That book was boring to me when I read it
Re: Storybooks/novels We Read While Growing Up by Nobody: 1:56am On Nov 04, 2014
The tortoise and giraffe.

1 Like

Re: Storybooks/novels We Read While Growing Up by nanauju(f): 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2014
QtKatie:
†ђξ concubine, my mother's daughter, weep not child, one week one trouble, Eze goes τ̅☺ school, †ђξ virtuous woman, arrow of God, †ђξ wives' revolt, bottled leopard, †ђξ marriage of Anansewa etc.
Eze goes to school! My oh my, I can't forget that book. One of my best
Re: Storybooks/novels We Read While Growing Up by nanauju(f): 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2014
Chike and the River, Animal Farm, all my primary school readers: Wakama, Agbo and co. Lolz
Re: Storybooks/novels We Read While Growing Up by nanauju(f): 12:57pm On Nov 08, 2014
kingolise:
Joys Of Motherhood, The Last Duty, Things Fall Apart
Last Duty was just too tragic for me

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Storybooks/novels We Read While Growing Up by Bawss1(m): 9:58pm On Nov 08, 2014
Back in primary school someone introduced me to Enid Blyton's books; I read all of her books that came my way like the Famous Five and Secret Seven series. I loved those books. A few years later, in early secondary school, I started reading pacesetters books like On The Road, Mark of The Cobra ( really loved this one as my street and parts of PH which I knew were mentioned in the book) Too Close for Comfort... My father, seeing that me and my siblings really enjoyed reading, bought a hardcover collection of several classics like Huckleberry Fin, Robinson Crusoe, The Last Mohican, Oliver Twist, A Tale of Two Cities and many others I can't remember at this time. Those books were indeed a blessing.

(1) (Reply)

. / Short Film Script: Best Night Ever / President Of Ashes (short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.