Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,989 members, 7,873,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:22 AM

Obasanjo: I Made ‘Successful’ Mistakes As President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: I Made ‘Successful’ Mistakes As President (19988 Views)

Obasanjo: I Spent Two Days With Taliban Terrorists / Saraki To Obasanjo: I Will Respond To Your Letter Formally / Sick Dieziani Still Beatiful Than Iyabo Obasanjo, I Just Try Her With Headgear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Obasanjo: I Made ‘Successful’ Mistakes As President by OdionOdion: 5:31pm On Jul 11, 2013
Igbo.owore:

Don't be silly. The British gave away Bakassi long before Obasanjo joined the Nigerian Army. Obeying the judgement of the ICJ which ruled that Bakassi was in Cameroun, meant he gave it away? When the British amalgamated the Federation called Nigeria were we consulted? Likewise when they gave away Bakassi.

Obasanjo is someone I have little respect for but we should not play politics with the Bakassi issue. The man is close to his grave and lets put the records straight.
But failing to conduct a referendum to determine if Nigerians on land were willing to relinquished their ancestrial home to Camroun was OBJ greatest successive mistake

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo 2020: Sagay Backs Oshiomhole, Says Direct Primary More Democratic / Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues / 2023: We Didn’t Throw Open Race For PDP Presidential Ticket - Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.