Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,100 members, 7,887,188 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:27 AM

PACIFIC RIM: The Surprise Hit Of The Summer?? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / PACIFIC RIM: The Surprise Hit Of The Summer?? (3252 Views)

PACIFIC RIM: What Was Your Best Scene? / D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer / Apply For The African, Caribbean And Pacific (acp) Film Production Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PACIFIC RIM: The Surprise Hit Of The Summer?? by SIRcumalot: 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2013
The Heat rocked,wolverine was disappointing aside from the bullet train scene.
Re: PACIFIC RIM: The Surprise Hit Of The Summer?? by VillageBoi(m): 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
SIR cum a lot:
The Heat rocked,wolverine was disappointing aside from the bullet train scene.

Loved 'The Heat' Sandra & Co were brilliantly funny in it. Yup 'Wolverine' was just meh!
Re: PACIFIC RIM: The Surprise Hit Of The Summer?? by VillageBoi(m): 3:52pm On Aug 17, 2013
SimonAndal:
Elysium was too freaking long and the characters and events were unbelievable. I mean seriously? You expect me to believe that 1somebody is still alive after getting his face blown away? And then said blown-away face is "reconstructed in 6 seconds by a machine that can "re-atomize" the human body?

If that is the WORLD in which the story is set then why not? Obviously it's unbelievable in today's world. I hope you won't say Harry Potter sucks because it is t real; it sucks for me because it's kiddie sh*t! wink

PS. I have not seen the film yet but will.
PPS. In real life people with their faces blown off have lived... just saying.
Re: PACIFIC RIM: The Surprise Hit Of The Summer?? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2013
VillageBoi:

If that is the WORLD in which the story is set then why not? Obviously it's unbelievable in today's world. I hope you won't say Harry Potter sucks because it is t real; it sucks for me because it's kiddie sh*t! wink

PS. I have not seen the film yet but will.
PPS. In real life people with their faces blown off have lived... just saying.
_

I'm talking 'bout plot holes, not tech. In ANY world, you blow away somebody's face the person DIES. Not stick around for 20 minutes (WITHOUT ANY MEDICAL ATTENTION) while you go get a med pod.
Re: PACIFIC RIM: The Surprise Hit Of The Summer?? by VillageBoi(m): 5:26pm On Aug 17, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

I'm talking 'bout plot holes, not tech. In ANY world, you blow away somebody's face the person DIES. Not stick around for 20 minutes (WITHOUT ANY MEDICAL ATTENTION) while you go get a med pod.

If the plot has holes then that is a valid argument. A face being blown away is NOT... you only have to Google it to find out that people can & have survived such in THIS world of ours talkless of the future. And even recently in Syria.
Re: PACIFIC RIM: The Surprise Hit Of The Summer?? by prof800(m): 9:54pm On Aug 17, 2013
VillageBoi:

If the plot has holes then that is a valid argument. A face being blown away is NOT... you only have to Google it to find out that people can & have survived such in THIS world of ours talkless of the future. And even recently in Syria.

Yea I remember a woman whose face was blown off by her hussy. I saw her on Opera's Show about 10yrs ago, I think she was about to go for facial surgery then.
Re: PACIFIC RIM: The Surprise Hit Of The Summer?? by VillageBoi(m): 3:27am On Aug 18, 2013
prof800:

Yea I remember a woman whose face was blown off by her hussy. I saw her on Opera's Show about 10yrs ago, I think she was about to go for facial surgery then.

Yeah, all sorts of things have happened to people that you'd think would be instant death. I kinda even remember some guy had a bad accident that chopped off half his head with half his brain and he survived... sometimes fact is stranger than fiction.

PROOF - WARNING! - Do NOT click this news link if you are squeamish - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2102461/Man-half-head-Carlos-Halfy-Rodriguez-explains-got-bizarre-injury.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Casting Call In Toronto Canada : Low Budget Independent Movie / Why I Allowed Nkem Owoh To Touch My Boobs-anita Joseph / Top 10 Must Watch Nigerian Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.