Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,131 members, 7,943,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) (30801 Views)

Photos Of America Welcoming GEJ And PMB. Who Did They Respect The More? / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / A Picture Of President Jonathan In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by PStacks(m): 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
GEJ ; shebi Obama no gree come Naija, I go show am pepper.. Make I go where dem go appreciate me..

Obama ; Mumu Boy.. You don c where "Made in China" dey last?
Plus u and China, na me get una..
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by blissonlin(m): 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
in their view u will know their mind set. See how everybody dey look GEJ as if they never c black b4 alongside with their astonish look with no smile in their face. Che den tink say Gej wan kidnap their president ni?
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by badmrkt(m): 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
Word on the streets is, GEJ will be president till 2019.
but why do the Jorubas hate the president so much?
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by taharqa2: 7:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
The Arbiter: A final closure to the contentious issue of protocol which started on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1353918/gej-received-china-chinese-asst

and culminated in this current thread. The Communist Party of China's reception protocols are outlined below:

Simplified welcoming protocol was observed when Chinese President Hu Jintao's plane landed at the Andrews Air Force Base in Washington D.C. on Monday.

It is quite noticeable and unusual not to see passionate crowds waving welcoming banners when the president's plane landed at 11:00 local time (1600 GMT) on Monday.

Coming out of the cabin at 11:03 local time (1603 GMT), it took the president only five minutes to finish hand-shakes with American officials, Chinese ambassador to the United States and other welcoming guests and leave the base.

Explaining to Xinhua reporters on the simplified protocol, Chinese Vice Foreign Minister Cui Tiankai said: "With the consent of the central government, welcoming and seeing-off ceremonies organized by Chinese embassies and consulates for Chinese leaders' overseas visits will be simplified."

According to the new protocol, which was first applied to Hu's visit, overseas Chinese would not be organized to welcome or see off visiting Chinese leaders, demonstrating a people-oriented and pragmatic working style, said Cui.

In fact, such decision is another forward step to simplify China's diplomatic protocol since the reform and opening-up policy was adopted in late 1970s.

Since 1978, the site for welcoming foreign dignitaries has been moved from the airport to the square outside the east gate of the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, and no more welcoming crowds were organized.

Since the 1980s, no more reciprocal banquets were held during Chinese leaders' overseas visits.

Since 1991, seeing-off and welcoming-back ceremonies for Chinese leaders' foreign visits have been moved from the airport to the Great Hall of the People. And in 2003, both ceremonies were abolished.

Huang Keqiang, chairman of Lin Zexu Foundation in the United States, said: "The simplification of the ceremonies, instructed by President Hu, is so considerate that it makes all of us feel warm."

Zhu Lichuang, president of the New York Chinese Associations Alliance, said overseas Chinese could express patriotism through a variety of ways, and they were encouraged by each step of progress of China.

Wang Jun, head of the U.S.-based China Tomorrow Education Foundation, also hailed the simplification of ceremonial procedures of the Chinese president's visit.

"It demonstrates China's mentality of keeping pace with the times and being pragmatic and open. I am proud of it," Wang said.

Simplified protocol was also seen when Li Changchun, a member of the Standing Committee of the Politburo of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, arrived the same day in Germany's Dresden to start his six-nation tour.

Sources:
http://english.cpc.people.com.cn/66102/6948229.html
http://paper.people.com.cn/rmrb/html/2010-04/13/nw.D110000renmrb_20100413_3-01.htm
God bless you... End of. Smone shld plz also take this to d other thread. The ACN e-Rats needs to be completely and properly DISGRACED, sam-sam...
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by bbulldog(m): 7:26pm On Jul 10, 2013
next excel: I am waiting to see a nairaland where people that dont have anything meaninful to say will keep quiet and learn not where people display their stupidity to d outside world,nigerian think its only them that are folowing this forum,outsiders will take us as they see us here look at beram or what ever she is called reading d presidents body language talking rubish about water bath,for christ sake mind what u say this is internet
and so? You are a bootlicker n a sychophant
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
I've been trying to get this picture for a while.

2 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
A FEW YEARS AGO WE WERE BETTER OFF THAN THESE GUYS
THEY WERE ONLY FAMOUS 4 KUNG FU AND CHINESE FOOD
THEY WALKED AROUND IN PYJAMA & FLAT SHOES 4 4CKS SAKE
THE BEST THING 2 COME UT FROM THERE WAS BRUCE LEE
WE HAD OIL WE HAD RESOURCES WE WERE TREATED LIKE ROYALTY
TODAY WE R THE ONES GOING CAP IN HAND TO BEG 4 FAVOURS
SMH
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Austeenxx: 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
Nice pictures. Is the Chinese president on BBM? I saw ping on his name. cheesy
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by hectorsector: 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
I believe in Nigeria
I believe in GEJ

1 Like

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Manlado: 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
Babzilla: A FEW YEARS AGO WE WERE BETTER OFF THAN THESE GUYS
SMH

He who fails to plan. Plans to fail.
So we need to start making the wrongs right.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by adino(m): 8:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
solomon111: There is no military on the african continent that can succesfully defeat the Nigerian military.

SA and Egypt combined pray not to even dare dream about a war with Nigeria.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by calcal: 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
I hope he will bring home some 9ja prisoners in that country.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by IleIfe2(m): 8:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
naptu2: Welcoming ceremonies for President Obama at The Great Hall of The People.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtmsoNAy_rM

i doubt the President went there with his top aides like Obama did with Hilary, Rice etc. GEJ did that when the government visited South-Africa a few weeks ago, but we went there with P-square and Aki&Paw-paw. lol
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Allenkee: 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
badmrkt: Word on the streets is, GEJ will be president till 2019.

BECAUSE OF FUEL SUBSIDY BACK THEN!
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by adino(m): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
P.Stacks:
GEJ ; shebi Obama no gree come Naija, I go show am pepper.. Make I go where dem go appreciate me..

Obama ; Mumu Boy.. You don c where "Made in China" dey last?
Plus u and China, na me get una..

1. More than 70% of goods people in USA uses is made in China (including I-phone and Mac).
2. More than 50% of USA enterpreneurs(including Mitt Romney) have their companies in China.

Ignorance is a genetic curse, it follows generations.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by aretheytheron(m): 9:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
I guess those guns are chinko
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
nwabobo: Click like if you love GEJ

Damn!! Even with your 34pt font - only 143 like your president out of the 10,400 who viewed the page smfdh. undecided

That shows his approval ratings should be in the 3rd decimal. undecided

Interesting pics, though.

However, how come they treated him like a leper at the airport? undecided
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Maxymilliano(m): 10:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
Nigeria, China sign pacts on economic ties

Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan and President Xi Jinping of China Wednesday in Beijing presided over the signing of five agreements to boost financial, trade, economic, technical and cultural relations between Nigeria and China.

The agreements which were signed after bilateral talks between the two leaders and their delegations include the Framework Agreement on Comprehensive Financial Cooperation In Support of Nigeria’s Economic Development and a Preferential Buyer Credit Agreement for Nigeria’s Four Airports Expansion Project.

Others were a new Agreement on Economic and Technical Cooperation between Nigeria and China, an Agreement on Mutual Visa Exemption for holders of diplomatic and official passports from both countries and an Agreement for the Prevention of the Theft, Illicit Import and Export of Cultural Property.

Speaking before the commencement of the talks, President Jonathan thanked President Jinping and the people of China for the warm reception accorded him and the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan since their arrival in Beijing yesterday.

The President assured President Jinping that the Federal Government is fully committed to sustaining and developing the strategic partnership between Nigeria and China for the mutual benefit of the two countries and their people.

He said that in spite of the many positive developments in bilateral relations between the countries in recent years, there was still ample scope for increased trade and direct investment from China in Nigeria.

President Jinping assured President Jonathan that China will continue to work with Nigeria in all possible areas in furtherance of the development agenda of both countries.

Earlier in the day, President Jonathan met and invited Senior Executives of several Chinese conglomerates to initiate fresh investments in Nigeria or increase existing ones, saying that the Federal Government was committed to doing all within its powers to expand Nigeria’s domestic manufacturing capacity.

Those the President met with included top executives of Huawei Technologies Limited, China Great Wall Industries, ZTE Corporation, the State Grid Corporation of China, the NIC/SINOPEC/CGC Consortium, the China Railway Construction Corporation and the China Harbour Engineering Corporation.

At a breakfast meeting with African Ambassadors to China, President Jonathan reaffirmed his conviction that African countries needed to strengthen their institutions of democratic governance to guarantee political stability and sustained development.

He said that democratic governance ought to be nurtured and encouraged until it takes firmer root across the continent, adding that the African Union must continue to stand against unconstitutional changes of government in member-states.

The President regretted recent political developments in Egypt and called for a speedy return by the country to constitutional order and governance.

Noting that the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation has become a useful framework for engagement between Africa and China, President Jonathan said that the African Union may consider the establishment of a representative office in Beijing to facilitate closer ties between the Asian economic giant and African nations.

President Jonathan will meet with Premier Li Keqiang and the Chairman of the Standing Committee of the National Peoples Congress, Mr. Zhang Dejiang tomorrow for further bilateral talks.

He will also address Chinese investors and their Nigerian counterparts at a business forum in the China World Trade Centre in continuation of his state visit to the country.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by snowblack: 10:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
Babzilla: A FEW YEARS AGO WE WERE BETTER OFF THAN THESE GUYS
SMH

dumbest ish i've had the misfortune to read today. You think they gained knowledge and skill overnight? They built great wall of China in 221bc...name one ambitious edifice we have built in the past 100years.

www.gistinz.com
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by loswhite(m): 10:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires: Deal of $3b at 3% is not a joke. With $1.1b signed now then we are going to see great success in the Aviation, Oil/Gas and Infrastructural development. $1.7b in road construction by Chinese firms is a testimony to chinese that we are with them in their rise to world power, not some mumbo jumbo old power who monitor people's IP under PRISM nonsensical schemes, This is the biggest milestone in the Sino-Nigeria relationship.

[size=18pt]Fresh Air![/size]
keep dreaming
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by eaglechild: 12:02am On Jul 11, 2013
P.Stacks:
America has not said they won't play with us.
America only said we should strengthen our democratic institutions..

America didn't insult us, they only adviced.
Romancing with China to spite America is not Healthy.. More so, China doesn't pay attention to details.. Bridges collapse everyday in China, Story of Train derailing in more rampant in China. Just recently, Asiana Airline crash landed a plane in San Francisco In yankee..
I'm not saying America is Perfect, they have their own short comings, but America is number 1 and it doesn't make sense romancing with Number 2 or se 3 ni behind russia.
You can never compare "Made in China" and "Made in America"

We are Giants of Africa and African's Number 1, it makes sense Romancing with world number 1.. Like Obama romance with Mandela, 1st black American president visiting 1st black South African President..

Dangote romancing with Bill gates.. Africa's Number 1 and World/American number 1..

I just hope u guys c where I'm coming from.

My GEJ rating has dropped 15 basis point.

Goodluck sha..
Asiana Airline is Korean.
America patronizes Chinese products more than we do.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 11, 2013
adino:

SA and Egypt combined pray not to even dare dream about a war with Nigeria.
SA and Egypt Combined wil never be a match to Nigeria...population wise we av advantage and even in physical field combat i wil pair one Nigerian soldier to two SA or Egyptian soldier knowing fully well dat d Nigerian soldier wil beat them black and blue.,..dnt joke with Naija military o...d fear of Nigerian soldiers z d beginning of wisdom..SA and Egypt knws this too...get that into ur thick skull

1 Like

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by eaglechild: 12:11am On Jul 11, 2013
ShyM-X:

Damn!! Even with your 34pt font - only 143 like your president out of the 10,400 who viewed the page smfdh. undecided

That shows his approval ratings should be in the 3rd decimal. undecided

Interesting pics, though.

However, how come they treated him like a leper at the airport? undecided
Joker
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Ayatullah(m): 12:58am On Jul 11, 2013
Let all those who love GEJ warn him that if he collects the loan and mismanage it fraudulently, he risk EXECUTION BY FIRING SQUAD as the Chinese DO NOT JOKE with corruption.........this is my RED ALERT for the man who has no shoes oooo shocked
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by goodmike7: 2:00am On Jul 11, 2013
MY CONFIDENCE IN GEJ INCREASES BY THE DAY.
I LOVE HIM TO BITS.
gOD BLESS ME
GOD BLES GEJ
GOFBLESS THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

@moderators, you are all BIASED AND THUNDER WILL FIRE ALL OF YOU ONE AFTER THE OTHER,WHEN IT COMES TO WHATEVER DENTS THE IMAGE OF THE PRESIDENT YOU ARE SO QUICK TO PUT IT ON FRONT PAGE. YEYE

1 Like

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Youngtekkey(m): 2:21am On Jul 11, 2013
domcarez:
SA and Egypt Combined wil never be a match to Nigeria...population wise we av advantage and even in physical field combat i wil pair one Nigerian soldier to two SA or Egyptian soldier knowing fully well dat d Nigerian soldier wil beat them black and blue.,..dnt joke with Naija military o...d fear of Nigerian soldiers z d beginning of wisdom..SA and Egypt knws this too...get that into ur thick skull
mtchewww rubbish i even hear someone saying nigeria army is d best in d world...they fool urselfs maybe na those old skul days u think sey u dey
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by ifihearam: 2:49am On Jul 11, 2013
goodmike7: MY CONFIDENCE IN GEJ INCREASES BY THE DAY.
I LOVE HIM TO BITS.
gOD BLESS ME
GOD BLES GEJ
GOFBLESS THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

@moderators, you are all BIASED AND THUNDER WILL FIRE ALL OF YOU ONE AFTER THE OTHER,WHEN IT COMES TO WHATEVER DENTS THE IMAGE OF THE PRESIDENT YOU ARE SO QUICK TO PUT IT ON FRONT PAGE. YEYE
am and that other guy

God bless you sir.
i am back for afam and the other guy.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by visionsen(m): 3:14am On Jul 11, 2013
UP GEJ.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:20am On Jul 11, 2013
naptu2: President Goodluck Jonathan was received by the Chinese President, Xi Jinping at the Great Hall of The People in Beijing today. Here are pictures of the event.

1) Goodluck Jonathan and Xi Jinping receive the National Salute.
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1194448_173211060-nigerian-president-goodluck-jonathan-and-gettyimages_jpg93f170cf554c381b4458d612fa59443c[/img]

2) The presidents inspect the guard of honour.
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1194449_China-honour-guard-xijinping-nigeria-reuters-540x403_jpg17b34d1918259efd474a0e2607be3071[/img]

Dude can never look Presidential... EVER!!!

If na to chomp on $32,000/day food now....
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 3:21am On Jul 11, 2013
Welcoming ceremony for President Jacob Zuma at the Aso Rock Villa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK-R5A4ujCo
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:23am On Jul 11, 2013
badmrkt: Word on the streets is, GEJ will be president till 2019.

Maybe cus Obama and the rest of the world (as seen on Social Media) despise his corrupt and divisive way of ruling.

P.S: Maybe Obama is "Joruba", what do you think?
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 3:24am On Jul 11, 2013
After creating the first post I immediately petitioned the mods to put the thread on the front page. They granted my request almost immediately. This thread has been on the front page since (around) 3:30pm yesterday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wike: I Am Not Sure Elections Will Hold In 2019 / Osinbajo At The Palace Of Otaru Of Auchi Sacred Kingdom (Photo) / IGP Egbetokun Approves Uniform For Spy Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.