Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,988 members, 7,909,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 10:35 AM

Important Certificates Which Improves Ones Chances Of Getting A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Important Certificates Which Improves Ones Chances Of Getting A Job (1520 Views)

He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears / How To Increase Your Chance Of Getting Desired Job After Graduation / Do Certifications Really Improve Your Chances of Getting a Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Certificates Which Improves Ones Chances Of Getting A Job by sirhamilton(m): 12:42am On Jul 11, 2013
hello folks.please which of the professional certificates would improve ones chances of getting a job in the present day Nigeria?
Re: Important Certificates Which Improves Ones Chances Of Getting A Job by princejude(m): 1:31am On Jul 11, 2013
It all depends on your course of study
Re: Important Certificates Which Improves Ones Chances Of Getting A Job by adewasco2k(m): 5:05am On Jul 11, 2013
forget about certificates and focus on skill acquisition (not applicable in all fields though)
Re: Important Certificates Which Improves Ones Chances Of Getting A Job by Fridosky4real: 6:39am On Jul 11, 2013
I think this 2.1 of a thing is very important.That is what I graduated with and I work in glo.I still applied for other jobs and they still call me for interview,is just that I don't have time to attend their interview.So,2.1 attract companys to call you for an interview.Incase you don't have 2.1, your skills also matter which fit in the job the employer want you to do.
Re: Important Certificates Which Improves Ones Chances Of Getting A Job by sirhamilton(m): 6:48am On Jul 11, 2013
i studied microbiology n i graduated with a 2.1@princejude
plz what xactly do u meam wn u say skill acqusition@ adewasco
Re: Important Certificates Which Improves Ones Chances Of Getting A Job by rodeo0070(m): 6:52am On Jul 11, 2013
sir_hamilton: hello folks.please which of the professional certificates would improve ones chances of getting a job in the present day Nigeria?
There countless and numerous ones but my advice is to emphasize on skill acquisition. Paper certificates only give you attention, though it separates you from the pack. Learn something new alongside your pursuit for paper qualification...
Re: Important Certificates Which Improves Ones Chances Of Getting A Job by adewasco2k(m): 10:26am On Jul 11, 2013
sir_hamilton: i studied microbiology n i graduated with a 2.1@princejude

When i said skill what i mean was (let me give you a practical example): first thing you should know is skill acquisition goes along with interest so just dont go into it because people are getting paid by it.

I am a graduate of Agricultural economics and extension 2:2 i have long had interest in IT so i have always worked with PC, maintaining them, installation and repair, i still went ahead to learn networking, i went even ahead to acquire web technologies, i learnt graphocs and i am still learning more.....all the jobs i apply for are either Graphic designer, web developer, programmer, IT support staff, Computer engineer and all that. I got my first Job the next month after my NYSC POP as a Technical Support Staff.

They were all like why IT? you read Agric but guess they always employ me because of my skills and not certificate.

To also add, i dont have ANY single IT certificate, all i learnt were more informal, i have seen guys with alot of IT certs. and yet cant get a job because they dont know it well.

Button-line, know your interest and build on it irrespective of your field of study.

NOTE: if i hammer well and have much time to supervise i will still go an open a farm, thats how it work, then i go apply IT to Agric. grin hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Important Certificates Which Improves Ones Chances Of Getting A Job by hisable2: 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
@adwasco2k like ur idea pls do u hv idea of what one with flare for production can go 4
Re: Important Certificates Which Improves Ones Chances Of Getting A Job by hisable2: 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2013
@adwasco2k like ur idea pls do u hv idea of what skills one with flare for production can go 4
Re: Important Certificates Which Improves Ones Chances Of Getting A Job by oyinaboderin(f): 8:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
Fridosky4real: I think this 2.1 of a thing is very important.That is what I graduated with and I work in glo.I still applied for other jobs and they still call me for interview,is just that I don't have time to attend their interview.So,2.1 attract companys to call you for an interview.Incase you don't have 2.1, your skills also matter which fit in the job the employer want you to do.
Not i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊. ‎​A̶̲̥̅ℓℓ cases is 2.1 applicable, i finished wit one
Re: Important Certificates Which Improves Ones Chances Of Getting A Job by tpapi: 9:51pm On Jul 11, 2013
sir_hamilton: i studied microbiology n i graduated with a 2.1@princejude
gaining esperience on a job

(1) (Reply)

Pls Who Got This Message From NNPC / World Bank Young Professionals Program 2016 - All You Need To Know / (scam Alert)! Dollarsan.com Is Blatant Scam From The Pit Of Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.