Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,768 members, 7,889,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:57 PM

Will Jonathan Win A Second Term? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Jonathan Win A Second Term? (490 Views)

How Will Jonathan Win 2015 Election Going By The 2011 Result...i Pray Ooo / Will Jonathan Reverse The Fuel Price To =n= 65/litre? / Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Jonathan Win A Second Term? by phoneport(m): 8:17am On Jul 11, 2013
The handwriting is on the wall. The bold imprints are seen in the failings of this administration. Now the dashed expectations of the Jonathan’s presidency all seem to be leading to one predictable end — he may not be re-elected in 2015.

There are strong reasons to believe that his fairy tale journey to the Presidency may end in his first term.

Apart from the unfolding infighting threatening to tear his party apart, President Goodluck Jonathan appears to have squandered the goodwill that ensured his becoming Nigeria’s first minority president.

There is a depressing sense in which one cannot just imagine that this country would endure another term of this administration for another four years in office ending in 2019. This will be suicidal. Even now, 2015 looks too distant into the future in the eyes of ordinary Nigerians. In 2011, the president won the election by playing the underdog card.

The 2011 presidential election was won because ordinary Nigerians insisted on voting en masse for the country’s first minority president — the man who said he walked barefooted as a child; the man who also became the symbol of an end to the North’s bragging right to power since Nigeria’s independence from British rule. In 2015, Jonathan will not have the luxury of leveraging on the sentiments that swept him to power in his first term.

Now, he will have to look for other reasons. Except that this time, he will not be able to whip up emotions based on his poverty as a child. His ethnic background will also not matter. If he does, no one will believe him again.

1 Like

Re: Will Jonathan Win A Second Term? by phoneport(m): 8:19am On Jul 11, 2013
this will be continued.

But what is your take on this?
Re: Will Jonathan Win A Second Term? by mgbeketoto: 8:26am On Jul 11, 2013
You mean A THIRD TERM! grin
Re: Will Jonathan Win A Second Term? by earthgreeners(m): 8:29am On Jul 11, 2013
Retardeens (opportunists) usually fail in their 2nd attempts because no matter how people try to polish them, they keep gathering dusts..
Re: Will Jonathan Win A Second Term? by bigt2(m): 8:29am On Jul 11, 2013
Yes! This is because there is but no other person I can vote for come '2015.
I am open for suggestions! cool
Thanks
Re: Will Jonathan Win A Second Term? by mascot87(m): 8:36am On Jul 11, 2013
Are u fu*king kidding me? Why ask that kind of hilarious question?You know that I know that well all know that my man gona win the 2015 race men. It's not fu*king negotiable.GEJ will surely,everly,confirmly,confidediently,truely,favouredly winn the fu*king presidential sit man and there is nothing YOU, THEM and those fu*king niggas up there can do about it. Is that clear or should I repeat my fu*king self angry
Re: Will Jonathan Win A Second Term? by mankand(m): 8:38am On Jul 11, 2013
He will as far as we have goons who prefer to satisfy their stomachs at the expense of their conscience.

People like insincere9gerian e. t. c
Re: Will Jonathan Win A Second Term? by Standing5(m): 8:42am On Jul 11, 2013
Yes he will. A second term as Bayelsa state governnor. IJN . . . Amen!
Re: Will Jonathan Win A Second Term? by Akshow: 9:22am On Jul 11, 2013
in a sane country, his type wont even vie for Councillor but hey! its nigeria and anything goes. I wont be surprise if we still vote him in outa religious and ethnic affiliations. shame
Re: Will Jonathan Win A Second Term? by omowunme: 9:30am On Jul 11, 2013
Jonathan all the way!!!
You will be more sorry if anybody else(be it CPC,ACN,APGA or APC i.e if the reg.succeeds d or another PDP candidate)grab that presidency in 2015.

4d status quo 2remain,there are several reasons jus as there are several reasons 4d change in presidency bt if d change will nt occur btw nw and before d election,GEJ wil win d election even if PDP as a party deserts him.d change in presidency can only happen
1.by death case study Yar'a dua/abacha

2.by stepping down/resignation case study babaginda/abdulsalami (though military)

3.by impeachment case study NONE (@d presidency)can d National Assembly make d move? No,why?because they all nurse ambition 2b there someday, who wil make d motion/2nd it,NONE as well...4ur information d national+state assemblies keeps a blackbook record.

4.by insanity/unfitness case study NONE (who among our representatives/legislators/honourables/governors/LG chairmen/councillors wil voice d presidency insanity/unfitness status,if any?none! why?ur gez is gud as mine)

Criticism(mild attack) b4 a finally attack/coup d'etat is healthy,it exposes loopholes/weakness. No sane person,group/party,business/entreprenuer,country wil nt work toward strenghtening his/her weakness to remain in existence/business.

Let oppositions kip revealing this,rather taking notes to hammer on during campaign.

(1) (Reply)

Is This The Hope For Nigerian Youths? / Why I Shunned Rivers Deputy Gov In P’harcourt - Patience Jonathan / Nigerian Government Presents ‘video Evidence’ Of Boko Haram Accepting Dialogue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.