Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,733 members, 7,882,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 07:26 AM

Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos (20232 Views)

Saraki Wins First Battle At CCT Trial, PM News / Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story / Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by omenka(m): 11:08am On Jul 12, 2013
Nigeria rated as the 8th most corrupt nation in the world...why are we always denied our 1st position I think the result of this survey must have been rigged! angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by scholes23(m): 11:08am On Jul 12, 2013
NA TODAY?
E DON TAY!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by pendusky(m): 11:08am On Jul 12, 2013
fried-rice:
i still believe that Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world.
being 8th is too flattering.
and ure hapi abt it?
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by IdiAmin2(m): 11:10am On Jul 12, 2013
Why dis people always like to dey cheat us

Even our 1st position, dey no go give us jeje

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by HARDUBUY(m): 11:10am On Jul 12, 2013
Clerverly: I said it, Jonathan is on a mission to bankrupt Nigeria. Anywhere you tune to in local televisions, all you will be hearing is trillion naira contracts without corresponding works! Patience and her son getting out shape owing to the billions they allocated to themselves for food condiments! Clark and asari sharing billions as their efforts in intimidating nigerians! Billions earmarked to fight Amaechi in rivers! There is every need to put concerted effort and sweep these vagabonds out power immediately. Tomorrow maybe too late

you just spoke my mind.I've seen the hand writing on the wall long time ago.i guess you voted for him.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by scholes23(m): 11:11am On Jul 12, 2013
omenka: Nigeria rated as the 8th most corrupt nation in the world...why are we always denied our 1st position I think the result of this survey must have been rigged! angry

Lol, I'm surprised too
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Dbboy(m): 11:14am On Jul 12, 2013
And am I suppose to cry, tell me what I don't already know. Why do they think I care. Nigeria corrupt this Nigeria corrupt that all trying to be relevant and here we are black man bashing his country over a white man view. Let me go make ends meet while you re here crying over split milk.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Clerverly: 11:14am On Jul 12, 2013
HARDUBUY:

you just spoke my mind.I've seen the hand writing on the wall long time ago.i guess you voted for him.

I have a track record here on Nairaland. I have never supported evil which PDP and Jonathan represent.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by omenka(m): 11:15am On Jul 12, 2013
akpanoka: Its funny how people celebrate negative reports. When other non profit organisations said nigeria's econoy was growing geometrically, no body celebrated; when a UN agency said we have eradicated hunger no body clapped. When they said our economy is set to overtake that of south africa, no body danced. When they said Gej has attracted more foreign investment, no thread trended. Now that we are having cassava boom, no voice is being heard. Naija I hail oo

Cassava boom and no voice is being heard Excuse me... isn't your voice a voice or you are just a non entity
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by manmustwac(m): 11:23am On Jul 12, 2013
Idi-Amin:
Why dis people always like to dey cheat us

Even our 1st position, dey no go give us jeje
O boy e be like say those countries above us pay bribe to deny us of our true position angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by babseg(m): 11:25am On Jul 12, 2013
Good God. I Cant believe we are not the first.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Freiburger(m): 11:25am On Jul 12, 2013
Atleast we 're better than somebody. cheesy cheesy cheesy
So, where is billionire? i guess he can help in outlining the advantages of being the 8th most currupt country in the world. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by PStacks(m): 11:26am On Jul 12, 2013
Transparency International Says Nigeria is the 8th Most corrupt Nation in the world in their latest 2013 Rating..

This rating was before the Killing of Boarding house students in Yobe and the Chaos in Rivers State. If they had factored this 2 scenarios, maybe we for Carry 1st,
I feel say them do us ojoro for that 8th Positions,
No be if u carry 1st your papa go buy you bicycle.. Na 1st I want make we carry oo.

This 8th position na ojoro walahi.. I can bet with anything I have that we bribed our way to survive this 8th position, they must subject Transparency International to a Transparency Test, they are not being transparent. Nigeria deserves better than 8th, atleast 1st 2nd or 3rd, anything short of that is not Transparent.

Egypt is in chaos, Syria is at war, Pakistan, All these countries still beat Nigeria that is hail and healthy. Transparency International must be kidding us..

If we are not 1st on that list I reject it. Transparency international must have collected bribe from our leaders to have them place us 8th.. That's position is too good to be for Nigeria.. We want 1st or nothing.

Nigerian and Proud. Proudly Nigerian.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by simight: 11:26am On Jul 12, 2013
We will like to introduce Jobs and travel Dubai (J&T Dubai) to you as a privately owned consulting firm based in Dubai, UAE. Our service is not to recruit for our clients or interview them for any job. We assist our subscribers to reach out to vast high numbers of HRs Manager and available openings in every companies operating in UAE. in J&T, we do CV editing, CV Distribution which is very important to every job seekers and we charge a token amount of money for this service.
How many jobs can job seekers apply for in a day without any distraction from internet like Face book, Skype, movies online etc. may be maximum of 30. As our profession in mins, we roll out your CV to HRs Managers in your area of specialization and general applications with a mail confirmation coming directly into your email.
For further inquiries and clarification, please visit our website JobsandTravel Consultancy- J&T Dubaiour team is very much available to consult and attend to your entire request.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by NEROSKY(m): 11:27am On Jul 12, 2013
You can't tell me natin... We're number 1
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by HOTWATER(m): 11:31am On Jul 12, 2013
well, the report is negative and nobody is questioning he source . when it is a positive one from the international rating agencies , questions will be raised by many on how it was arrived at . i still believe in my dear counrty Nigeria . let the first non corrupt Nigerian send me his or her name for a special award .
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by ddeola: 11:32am On Jul 12, 2013
"Corruption has increased in the past two years". Shame to GEJ, PDP and their agents
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by WinkWrld: 11:37am On Jul 12, 2013
Why won't we be labelled as such when Nigerians wash their linen in public. Looting of public funds and buying houses in Australia. Madam, we are patiently waiting for you. You know yourself angry grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by wayodude(m): 11:39am On Jul 12, 2013
So even in our most skilled endeavour we cant even retain the no. 1 spot again! Ah ah!! I blame all of you joor cheesy
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 12, 2013
We are used to it
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by ugoezeik(m): 11:42am On Jul 12, 2013
akpanoka: Its funny how people celebrate negative reports. When other non profit organisations said nigeria's econoy was growing geometrically, no body celebrated; when a UN agency said we have eradicated hunger no body clapped. When they said our economy is set to overtake that of south africa, no body danced. When they said Gej has attracted more foreign investment, no thread trended. Now that we are having cassava boom, no voice is being heard. Naija I hail oo
seconded sir
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by dolphinife: 11:43am On Jul 12, 2013
Excuse me bro, what you just imply, there are two things involved, its either you dnt understand simple english or you are the one licking jonathan's balls.

For crying out loud, performance doesn't mean there wouldn't be corruption. How can the UN said we have eradicated hunger? So everybody in this country is satisfied and contented? If the economy is growing and the people are leaving the country enmasse, what does dat suppose to tell you? Go to the airport and see the number of people leaving this country everyday.

For your information, quote me anywhere Yakubu Gowon administration experience massive investment, followed by OBJ's tenure. Check the time and contrast the achievements. Do you want to deny the fact that Nigeria is much more corrupt than even the ranking? From youths to adult, to the elderly ones, they are all corrupt, but dat doesn't mean your disillusioned president aint working to ur taste.

If by luck you have a dstv in your house, switch to CNN, BBC, Al-jazeera and any other foreign news channels, you will see how they are mocking and laughing at our stupidity. Our mockery has grown in the comity of nations to the extent that an assistant minister of foreign affairs was sent to receive our president at d airport in china instead of the prime minister.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Afritop(m): 11:47am On Jul 12, 2013
JONATHAN'S SQUEAKER, REUBEN ABATI GO CONTRADICT THE INDICSES FOR SURE
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nichobabe(m): 11:49am On Jul 12, 2013
taharqa2: Thank you much, this was what I was looking for cos I saw this 2 days ago. And this brings me to my question: where did PM and SaharaReporters get the figures ('8th most corrupt', 84%) they are paddling around? Was it not d same TI Report they and BBC are reporting here? If same, why d discrepancy? The BBC article (and many others in local and International Media) seem to indicate that in fact fewer people surveyed in Nigeria reported giving/taken less Bribe this year than was previously d case (at 44% of respondents), a figure that was even slightly lower than that of SA and Ghana (two countries that had always done better than 'us' in this sort of survey) even though d % is still unacceptably high; YET here, PM and SaharaReporters are both reporting an increase to 84% and 8th overall? From d Same report? ....BIG QUESTION: Where is d ACTUAL Report so we may read it ourselves and stop bn dependent on its 'interpretations' by Media organisatns, sm of whom hv since shamelessly taken sides and are Bias... Afta that, I shall comment; But only on what d 'Real' Report actuali says

Google it. wink
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Siraleeyu(m): 11:52am On Jul 12, 2013
eddiebruk: Nonsense List...Nigeria has been most corrupt since 2years ago
don't u understand simple english??
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Siraleeyu(m): 11:57am On Jul 12, 2013
y most we celebrate gud news about nigeria wen we are certain d average nigerians will never benefit from it and it won't change anything, but celebratin bad news about naija will atleat lower the huge money these thieves steal
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by danny301: 11:58am On Jul 12, 2013
fried-rice:
i still believe that Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world.
being 8th is too flattering.

They are just unfair to Nigeria; why should they deprive us of our first position in corruption?
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Jerryjat(m): 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
see dis people... dey still dey cheat us 4 dis one again...

give us d gold medal abeg ggggggg......... angry....
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Siraleeyu(m): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
Itoroetti :

Don't mind dem.
Is nigeria more corrupt than the middle east were only d few owns almost all the properties there?
The failed to praised the newly activated rail system.
They failed to praise the 9new varisites.
The failed to praised the boko haram menace that is gradually coming to an end.
The failed to praised the federal airport that has bin refurbished.
Their eyes will continue to be blind to see the good tins of life.
they fail to appreciate the quality of education this government provide,they fail to remember that this government is providin fresh air to d populace, they fail to remember that is government is tacklin corruption and bringin down d menance of boko haram, they also fail to remeber that this government is improvin electricity supply nd health care, nd our roads are motorable lastly dey also fail to remember that this government is no more sponsorin terrorism nd militancy
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by jjcbuthot: 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
If they have access to all the data, I am sure Nigeria will top the list. What do you expect when a president doesn't give a damn about asset declaration? Is this not a way of tacitly legalising corruption in the country?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by ismhab(m): 12:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
Congratulation 2 mr. General Goodluck ebele jonathan and his wife, and to all the kitchen family members and their cabals.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by authenticblack: 12:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
Why do you talk like you just know that Nigeria is a corrupt nation, why blaming one man for the ills done for more than 50 years,is your Counselors and Chairman not corrupt, is your governors and honourable members not corrupt,are you not corrupt?, why do we do the blame thing instead of thinking right................be objective my brother because corruption is in all places in Nigeria.
Clerverly: I said it, Jonathan is on a mission to bankrupt Nigeria. Anywhere you tune to in local televisions, all you will be hearing is trillion naira contracts awarded without corresponding works! Patience and her son getting out shape owing to the billions they allocated to themselves for food condiments! Clark and asari sharing billions as their efforts in intimidating nigerians! Billions earmarked to fight Amaechi in rivers! There is every need to put concerted effort and sweep these vagabonds out power immediately. Tomorrow maybe too late

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'You Are Drowning Politically' - Oshiomhole Replies Saraki / IKONSO WAS Tortured To Death Bullet Refuse To Penetrate His Body . ( Picture ) / Panic In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Send Threat Letter To Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.