Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,916 members, 7,922,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 10:22 PM

Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No (836 Views)

Is Marriage Compulsory? / Guys! Can You Date A Girl With A Body Like This? Yes/no (photos) / Invention Of A Machine That Reveals Your Partner's Intimate Past? Yes/NO? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
This issue has been bothering me as I see a lot of Nigerians with a very surprising mindset about ladies in their 28-30's and not married and they look at them as unserious, cheap, and an object of ridicule. A friend of mine shared her experience with me, she's in her late 20's, she said, a friend(male) of her's came visiting her for the first time and stopped to ask one of her neighbor about her room number, the woman responded stupidly, in quote "Na u wan marry am, abi una no dey tire to sleep with old women". This is disgusting and barbaric. Its not only the revrend sister that has the right to stay single. Secondly, I met a girl who ran of the house beacuse they were pressuring her for marriage, they threatened they were going to bring a man for her. In as much as you've not found the right man to get settled with. Its better to stay single and be happy. To me I don't think marriage is a compulsory thing. I would never encourange an unplanned marriage, its more like a trial and error thing. My opinion though. Thanks
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by Cholls(m): 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2013
Your question could've been complete if you ended it with "yes or no" that way you would get a lot of response.

So I say YES marriage is a good and in some society compulsory. Shikeina.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
Cholls: Your question could've been complete if you ended it with "yes or no" that way you would get a lot of response.

So I say YES marriage is a good and in some society compulsory. Shikeina.
thanks for the observation. You still didn't give your reasons as to why, why would you go with the society? Marriage is a choice and never compulsory. Its better to even have a good relationship than have a scary marriage in which a lot of Nigerian women find themselves in at the moment.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by haitto99(m): 8:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
marriage is nt compulsory,as for me d probabilty I wld get married na 30% o
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 11, 2013
haitto99: marriage is nt compulsory,as for me d probabilty I wld get married na 30% o
Lol
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
It is compulsory if you have a good christian foundation and foresight that your future kids will need you both.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by omiobo: 10:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
I will go with YES because God said it is not good for man to stay alone,therefore I will find him a helper. And that was the only thing God discovered was not good after creation,meanwhile bible said everything God created was good.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
No tongue
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 11, 2013
mitwitdot: It is compulsory if you have a good christian foundation and foresight that your future kids will need you both.
we should not always attach religious sentiments to issues. We should face some certain things with reality. I remembered my aunty whom the husband will beat, injure and throw her out in the middle of the night and the only advice she gets is pray for him and it will be well That sucks..

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
omiobo: I will go with YES because God said it is not good for man to stay alone,therefore I will find him a helper. And that was the only thing God discovered was not good after creation,meanwhile bible said everything God created was good.
hehehe, must you quote God here, did he ever mention he created women for marriage?? What happens to the reverend sisters and fathers?

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by xynerise: 11:51pm On Jul 11, 2013
Depends on your culture/Religion/Belief
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 12, 2013
xynerise: Depends on your culture/Religion/Belief
what's your stake?
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 12, 2013
You decide.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by Exponental(m): 1:02am On Jul 12, 2013
What is d meaning of "compulsory"?
I know marriage is biblical, society appreciates it n it's a family's pride, but it's a matter of choice and cash.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by omiobo: 2:32am On Jul 12, 2013
slimmy05: hehehe, must you quote God here, did he ever mention he created women for marriage?? What happens to the reverend sisters and fathers?
Why won't I mention God when it comes to marriage? God is the founder of marriage. Woman was not created as man was created,God took a rib out of Adam to create Eve,by this it was concluded that every woman belongs to a man.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by opensecret: 4:40am On Jul 12, 2013
no, its not necessarily compulsory, and many actually avoid it [on religious or other grounds].

its just an individual choice.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? Yes/ No by Mynd44: 4:57am On Jul 12, 2013
It is not compulsory. It is one of those things which you have to decide for yourself if you wanna do or not

(1) (Reply)

. / A Tread For The Ladies...love Triangles, Are They Worth IT? / Your Boss Is Your Lover. Can It Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.