Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,715 members, 7,889,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:31 AM

The Dangers Of Cohabitation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Dangers Of Cohabitation (1729 Views)

Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No / Cohabitation And Trial Marriage. Is It Good Or Bad? / Cohabitation: Will You Do It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dangers Of Cohabitation by DExplorer1: 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
Why would a guy and a lady live together when they are not tied by official papers or religious vows? There are so many reasons and it’s unfortunate that it has become a norm in the society and also a major reason for several relationship break-up. We shouldn't be too quick to justify this trend as being in LOVE, since love itself comes with regrets when certain orders are not observed. Right here, in few minutes, I'm going to take you through the dangers of cohabitation.

IT REDUCES YOUR SELF-WORTH
No matter how many times your partner says he/she can never be bored of you and probably want to spend the rest of his/her life with you, such words could be better experienced in marriage than having a taste before marriage. What you have to understand is that, most beautiful and well crafted words could be sponsored by emotions, and emotions do fade away at the face of reality. The reality is that you both are not married, and if by personal decision you chose to become his acting-wife, your well-kept value would be altered and your self-worth would be reduced to that of his kid-sisters or even a common maid. It's as serious as that!

BEING ENGAGED IS NOT BEING MARRIED
Now, this is one of several sensitive sides of a relationship. He gave you a ring and all-of-a-sudden you think you are now his wife, no! Lessons of life have taught us that not all engaged status advances into married. Two love-birds could be engaged for a year, two, three or even seven years without a plan for marriage or may not marry after all. How would the young man be motivated to make it official when you're unofficially leaving with him?

IT'S A SHAME TO CULTURE AND TRADITION
No matter how irrelevant we have made culture look like, no matter how our tradition has rapidly dwindled to give the 'modern-life' a face, it has no doubt upheld our morals and ethics. In some families, culture is still highly regarded. Culture and tradition could say: "stay in your home. The man will come there and ask your parents for permission to have you with him forever". . . and you say: "the 'old-way' is no life; I'm watching my biological clock". Care is needful because when the regret comes, you probably going to be watching your menopause clock as a result of your hastened decision.

IT MAKES YOU THE REGULAR PERSON
It's natural for two people to get tired of themselves. That's why we spice-up our relationships by doing some romantic things. Even if you gets tired of one-another, why not leave that till after you are married when a little 'fight and kiss' would spice it up again? No matter how much you'd love to see your partner, when it becomes regular, then forget the "i miss you" part of your relationship and it could be boring beyond repair especially if the foundation of your relationship is built on cohabitation.

It’s unfortunate that the society sees nothing wrong in cohabiting as it has become a common practice all over the world. A large number of relationships do not survive after cohabitation. It has in no way serve as a benefit to marriages especially if you are someone that desires a good wedding and a comfortable home. The major bond cohabitation establishes between two lovers is mostly sexual and there could be several regrets in the process – broken promises, unexpected and painful disappointment, since you have given your all to the relationship. There is no win-win situation in cohabiting, the victim has always been the female gender since it’s like the guy had had it all. The present practice of cohabitation has been abused. Apart from the fact that it reduces your value, you are practically working in the home as a wife that you are not. Even if you are consoling yourself that you are engaged, at least you are not married. A weekend over could be a better idea but not your total submission into the hands of a man that is still free to chose another without any regret. Don’t make this mistake in your relationship, you can always make it healthy and free from troubles. There are some mistakes you won’t be able to correct, read 16 Raw Truths Ladies Must Know . So, be careful and be wise as well. Till you read from me again, Happy Living!

SOURCE - http://www.coachdexplorer.com/2013/04/the-dangers-of-cohabitation.html
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by princejude(m): 6:41pm On Jul 12, 2013
unwanted(unplanned) pregnancy plus abortion...

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by xynerise: 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
Good points!

Ladies should know that even if you spend more than 5 yrs in a man's house without the official marriage, he can still dump ur as$.

A lady was staying in a man's house for 9yrs and she had 2kids for him, yet he dumped her and married a younger girl. I wonder how a lady will spend that long in a man's house without worries that she is not yet his wife.

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by ikekings(m): 7:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nna eh oga why you wan spoil show for us now? grin grin grin

@topic desperation most of them are in a hurry to answer “MRS” ...

Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
OK! cool
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by Sijo01(f): 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
Tell them make them hear.
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by Sijo01(f): 7:41pm On Jul 12, 2013
Mi think despiration and low self-esteem are major reason girls cohabit.
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by jhydebaba(m): 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
No danger pls, its all about life... I've seen many benefited from it and though much more got their fingers burnt.
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by pri3stess(f): 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2013
I really don't like the idea of couples living together before marriage because they might just get bored if each other.
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by xyjoe(m): 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
When one speak of getting bored with the pattern during cohabitation, that means the same person can also easily get bored in marriage too. I think this life is all about what one believes is the best for him/her after taking a careful study of the pros and cons surrounding his/her situation. Believe it or not, in reality their is no constant best solution to a solution, environment and the realities on ground have part to play in decision making. Take for instance, love birds separated by distance, the guy working in Abuja and the lady stays with the parents in Ohafia grin, Abia state after graduation.
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by DExplorer1: 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
ikekings: Nna eh oga why you wan spoil show for us now? grin grin grin

@topic desperation most of them are in a hurry to answer “MRS” ...
shocked shocked shocked smiley
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by Beync(f): 6:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
I always tell single girls if a man doesn't like u, no matter how hard you try to please him you'l end up hurting yourself. If a man truly loves you, he will do the neccesary things before he'll want to live with you.
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by ikekings(m): 10:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
D-Explorer:

shocked shocked shocked smiley
Lmao!!! Boss tuale jare!!! grin grin grin
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by Princesszoe: 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
xyjoe: When one speak of getting bored with the pattern during cohabitation, that means the same person can also easily get bored in marriage too. I think this life is all about what one believes is the best for him/her after taking a careful study of the pros and cons surrounding his/her situation. Believe it or not, in reality their is no constant best solution to a solution, environment and the realities on ground have part to play in decision making. Take for instance, love birds separated by distance, the guy working in Abuja and the lady stays with the parents in Ohafia grin, Abia state after graduation.

I concur with your message on "getting bored" . Infact you are on point on that. But the issue here is cohabiting. Not only will it make one defile his marriage which is not a funny matter, it can equally make the man and woman murderers through abortion because they might not really want children then or that they never planned on marrying each other. These are just the few of diasadvantages which are numerous. Apart from being an unholy move before God, is bad. I guess that is the message the OP is trying to pass across.
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
Some say it works for them. For others, it's a terrible idea. To each his own.
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by DExplorer1: 6:42pm On Jul 14, 2013
Beync: I always tell single girls if a man doesn't like u, no matter how hard you try to please him you'l end up hurting yourself. If a man truly loves you, he will do the neccesary things before he'll want to live with you.
Hmmm, just when i thought i found her sad
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by Beync(f): 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
D-Explorer:

Hmmm, just when i thought i found her sad
hahaha
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by DExplorer1: 7:25pm On Jul 14, 2013
Beync: hahaha
Don't make it worse, i still care.
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by Beync(f): 7:31pm On Jul 14, 2013
D-Explorer:
Don't make it worse, i still care.
grin*falls from dinning table*
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by DExplorer1: 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
Beync: grin*falls from dinning table*
*lifts her up* sorry!
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by Beync(f): 9:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
smiley
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
brotha D-explorer, if you want to keep you NL poster of the year crown, you have to stop posting such thread.
this one makes very little logic, there are equal dangers in cohabitation as there are dangers in NO cohabitation before marriage.
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
IMO..... I am not a fab of cohabitation and will never be... Even marriage to me is a choice...
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by DExplorer1: 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
MRbrownJAY: brotha D-explorer, if you want to keep you NL poster of the year crown, you have to stop posting such thread.
this one makes very little logic, there are equal dangers in cohabitation as there are dangers in NO cohabitation before marriage.
Hahahaha, MBJ bro, i wasn't careful about that. LOL. . . Just making the best of every second i spend on NL, nothing more cheesy

I think if i'd spend up to 10 years or even more in your world, i would think like you. You guys sees it as a lifestyle, hence, the dangers is also seen as normal relationship troubles but no, it has a source.
Re: The Dangers Of Cohabitation by DExplorer1: 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
MRbrownJAY: brotha D-explorer, if you want to keep you NL poster of the year crown, you have to stop posting such thread.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Why Do You Check Your Guy's Phone? Can't U Trust Him? / OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. / She Just Broke Up With Me. Why!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.